It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men and a baby ghost.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One continuous shot. No edits. First we see a shotgun behind the curtains. 27 seconds later we see a little boy. Its spooky in the same way as the blonde Sasquatch outside the train window in the movie Silver Streak.

this is not a movie thread, this is cameras picking up the passed on, using that film as an example.

Can cinema cameras pick up such people and things?

edit on 5-2-2012 by mandroids because: addition.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
whoa never knew about the shotgun! I always seen the kid but wow! Good start for a thread!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daver2056
whoa never knew about the shotgun! I always seen the kid but wow! Good start for a thread!

quite amazing. its something else THEN the kid.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

I remember the furor caused when it was "discovered.". However, I don't remember if it was determined to be genuine, a hoax, or video anomaly.

Before declaring it paranormal, keep in mind it is a Hollywood movie. Could be special effects, delibaretly planted, or what have you.

Did you use the search button? I'm sure this has been discussed on ATS before.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It has been talked about, but ive never heard of the shotgun before. if youre so uspet tell the mods.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I don't even know what you're talking about.. How about some background info?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
they say in the film three men and a baby, the camera picks up the ghost of a boy.

it stars ted danson and was directed by leonard nimoy. [yes, spock].

ted walks into the living room with an older women. behind the white curtains is a shotgun. 27 seconds and no edits later, its a boy standing behind the curtains. just what did the camera pick up and how/why the change?

I doubt nimoy would allow any nonsense because he is an artist.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Not upset at all. I simply meant that this is an older story and if you did a search you might find threads with good insights and info.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There is no ghost caught on tape in 3 Men and a Baby, I debunked this one myself a week after I heard about it, when I was a teenager. If you pay attention during the film you'll see a cutout of Ted Danson's character in one of his movies, it's only from the groin up, this is what's standing in the window, it's in the same window for the whole film (you only see it a couple of times). I'm not a habitual debunker (this is my one and only) and when it comes to ghosts I know for a fact there's something there becauase of my own personal experiences. This is not a ghost though, sorry.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Its very old and according to Snopes it is false:

www.snopes.com...

It is a 'standee' for a commercial. Please read text on site as you can't copy the text.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Sorry guys, this was debunked some time ago. The figure in the window scene, is a cut out of the Ted Danson character in a tux and tophat. The cutout is seen in other scenes in the movie.

Good urban legend, but no ghost. BT

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here's the video theyre talking about:

edit on 2/5/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It was not “debunked” to my own particular satisfaction. I will only take the word of a world renowned paranormal expert on this one. Until then, it is at least an anomaly.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It looks like some sort of object just behind the door.Straight away i knew what people were talking about when i saw it but straight away i could tell it wasn't a ghost.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Beat me to it, oh the magic of google and youtube.

on topic, this was a cardboard cut out. the film makers talked about it a long time ago, I'll look for the article where they discussed it.

Here is a little something for what its worth. you can see the hat looks the same.
www.castleofspirits.com...
edit on 5-2-2012 by feeboki because: to add link

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
That is no standee. I can assure you of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
yup, its a cut out of ted danson from one of the movies he was doing in the movie. and it is just waste up. propped against the curtain. I remember this in the 90's. I also watched it in slow mo a thousand times LOL. just a cut out, but freaky when the movie is playing. sorry

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
To my own satisfaction that is not a standee and looks NOTHING like ted danson. How insulting to Mr. Danson!
I’m sure you’re a nice guy, but you could be anyone. I will ONLY take the word of an expert in the paranormal.

anyway, back to the topic. can cameras pick up more than the human eye? appears [no pun] so.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's a link explaining the whole thing.That same cutout is seen in another part of the movie, and it is clearly Ted Danson. The reason it looks like a small boy is because it was shot at a distance....When you see the cut out clearly later in the movie, it is Ted D wearing a top hat and tails.....however, when it is seen behind the curtain, the edges of the top hat are obscured, making it look like a cap. No one died in the "house" because it was filmed at a soundstage in Canada.....there was no grieving family that sued the studio. I was creeped out the first time I saw it too.....I wish it were real, but it's not.
urbanlegendsonline.com...
edit on 2/5/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is a pic of the cutout in another scene

and the cutout BEHIND the curtain (shot from a much further distance)

edit on 2/5/2012 by StealthyKat because: sp

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join