It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by consulmollard

And so far, with your, God is going to send every homosexual to hell rhetoric...you are batting 000...
Again for the 3rd time!! Actually yes! Yes he will!! And every liar, murderer, thief, adultress, idolater etc. READ THE BIBLE!!! IT CLEARLY SAYS IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THE VERSES; Leviticus 18:22,Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:26-27! yOU SHOULD GO READ THEM INCLUDING THE WHOLE BOOK.

Your forgetting some:
Those whom eat the unclean beasts
those whom have made the wrong animal sacrifices based on sin
those whom slept with a woman during her period
those whom are in a nation that has sinned
I could go on of course.

Here is a wild idea.
Why not just follow what christ said...love god, love your neighbor, love yourself.
or is christ not good enough for you to follow?

All sin, and all sins are equal. a serial killer and someone whom lied without forgivness are equal in sin. Are you going to go all nutty about men whom lie with women during their period? chances are not...
the gays have heard the bible thumpers for ages...ya, they get it..the biblical deity isn't into it..but the biblical christ forgives them, so stuff it
But the average bloke doesn't know that sleeping with a woman on her period makes you hellbound, or remarrying his ex-wife...so why not spread the less than known, but equally as disasterous message?

because you would feel foolish? It would make your deity sound insane? Are you ashamed of your deity?
If the judgement of god is still relevant, then you should be going as strongly after those whom lie (like yourself, see the stats..bearing false witness), the period thing, the remarriers, etc..moreso considering those are the ones you might be able to convince (since for them it is indeed a very clear choice and no gray area of biological need)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by consulmollard

So, jesus died for our sins. Well, your sins. But he differentiated between which sins he was dying for when he died?

Impressive.
HE DIED FOR ALL SINS! INCLUDING HOMOSEXUALITY! TO RECIEVE FORGIVNESS YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR FORGIVNESS AND ACCEPT CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART. HE DIDN'T DIFFERENTIATED ANY SIN. ALL SINS ALL FORGIVABLE SAVE ONE. THAT IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT! YOU HAVE ASK FOR SALVATION!!!!!!!!!!! IT ISN'T JUST GIVEN. YOU THINK YOU ARE GONNA GO THROUGH LIFE SINNING AND THEN WHEN YOU DIE YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN? IF YOU DON'T ASK, YOU DON'T GET!!! SALVATION IS FOR ALL!!!!!!!

First of all, is your 'caplock' ket broken? Typing in caps does not help to make your (nonexistant) point.

Second, what of a homosexual who asks to be forgiven for their sins? I absolutely laugh at the idea that its a sin, but I would like to understand your logic, if its there...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I too have sinned in my life and would not be allowed in Heaven. But because of the sacrafice of Jesus Christ I will be in Heaven one day! And yes if that 'super diety" says something is wrong, then wouldn't it be wrong? And if something the "super diety" said is wrong, would the person commiting the wrong be allowed in Heaven? Just common sense!

the answer is then yes.
as you said, Jesus Christ's sacrifice makes it all good. Acknowledge you fall short of gods vision of what you are, accept Jesus's sacrifice, and voila..all sins are washed. Bam.

So...there you have it. Whew..debate is eternally gone...Jesus washes away all sins if you simply accept him..else the sacrifice is meaningless.

Now then, lets not judge other peoples sins..be it them having a loving gay relationship, or occasionally prone to the odd white lie...because if they simply accept christ, they are in good standing.

You know...the average christian will get frustrated with this..because they dont -want- others to get off the hook so easily with a continuation of their sins...but, they accept for them personally it works that way..because they admit they will sin again one day in the future...but its all good, JC is on their side and they will do a "sorry...my bad" prayer and all is forgiven again.

how many times do you have to accept christ into your life before his sacrifice "sticks" anyhow...daily? once? hourly? only when you sin?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

HEY!!!!!

Ya know I LOVE YA, SaturnFX but.....

....let's understand Who versus 'Whom'

THIS has been bugging me, for months...I LOVE your work so please accept this in the vein intended.......
t

edit on Sat 4 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

And so far, with your, God is going to send every homosexual to hell rhetoric...you are batting 000...
Again for the 3rd time!! Actually yes! Yes he will!! And every liar, murderer, thief, adultress, idolater etc. READ THE BIBLE!!! IT CLEARLY SAYS IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THE VERSES; Leviticus 18:22,Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:26-27! yOU SHOULD GO READ THEM INCLUDING THE WHOLE BOOK.

Your forgetting some:
Those whom eat the unclean beasts
those whom have made the wrong animal sacrifices based on sin
those whom slept with a woman during her period
those whom are in a nation that has sinned
I could go on of course.

Here is a wild idea.
Why not just follow what christ said...love god, love your neighbor, love yourself.
or is christ not good enough for you to follow?

All sin, and all sins are equal. a serial killer and someone whom lied without forgivness are equal in sin. Are you going to go all nutty about men whom lie with women during their period? chances are not...
the gays have heard the bible thumpers for ages...ya, they get it..the biblical deity isn't into it..but the biblical christ forgives them, so stuff it
But the average bloke doesn't know that sleeping with a woman on her period makes you hellbound, or remarrying his ex-wife...so why not spread the less than known, but equally as disasterous message?

because you would feel foolish? It would make your deity sound insane? Are you ashamed of your deity?
If the judgement of god is still relevant, then you should be going as strongly after those whom lie (like yourself, see the stats..bearing false witness), the period thing, the remarriers, etc..moreso considering those are the ones you might be able to convince (since for them it is indeed a very clear choice and no gray area of biological need) I AM FOLLOWING CHRIST. CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD. GOD TAUGHT JESUS EVERYTHING. JESUS EMULATES GOD HIS FATHER. HE DOES HIS FATHERS WILL. HE IS THE MOST FAITHFULL SON. IF GOD THE FATHER SAID HOMOSEXUALLITY IS A SIN, THEN WOULDN'T JESUS BELIEVE THE SAME THING? JESUS SAID LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, MIND AND SOUL. THAT MEANS YOU LISTEN AND OBEY EVERYTHING GOD SAID. I BELIEVE THE BIBLE LITERALLY! WHEN YOU BECOME TRULY SAVED YOU OBEY ALL OF GODS LAWS!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I see you are stuck in foaming at the mouth caps-lock mode.....it hurts my eyes when you shout like that, and takes away from your message.....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So, jesus died for our sins. Well, your sins. But he differentiated between which sins he was dying for when he died?

Impressive.
HE DIED FOR ALL SINS! INCLUDING HOMOSEXUALITY! TO RECIEVE FORGIVNESS YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR FORGIVNESS AND ACCEPT CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART. HE DIDN'T DIFFERENTIATED ANY SIN. ALL SINS ALL FORGIVABLE SAVE ONE. THAT IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT! YOU HAVE ASK FOR SALVATION!!!!!!!!!!! IT ISN'T JUST GIVEN. YOU THINK YOU ARE GONNA GO THROUGH LIFE SINNING AND THEN WHEN YOU DIE YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN? IF YOU DON'T ASK, YOU DON'T GET!!! SALVATION IS FOR ALL!!!!!!!

First of all, is your 'caplock' ket broken? Typing in caps does not help to make your (nonexistant) point.

Second, what of a homosexual who asks to be forgiven for their sins? I absolutely laugh at the idea that its a sin, but I would like to understand your logic, if its there...

Yes, see..that is the actual point that Cappy Mclocker was making
there is no difference between a white lie now and then, or a full blown homosexual relationship. Accept christ and his sacrifice and your all good.

And he is absolutely correct in regarding the christian mythos...that is how it reads.
So, those rightous whom condemn a christian gay man is taking the place of gods judgement. those are the heretics actually as they attempt to remove christs sacrifice, saying it doesn't apply to them.

If the christian religion is correct...there will be 1000 gay people in heaven for every 1 christian homophobe whom dared condemn gay people...because a gay christian may pray for forgivness of who they are, but a person blaspheming the sacrifice of christ by condemning a gay person feels not the weight of their sin they just committed, but false rightousness in their pseudo-deity role and deception.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I too have sinned in my life and would not be allowed in Heaven. But because of the sacrafice of Jesus Christ I will be in Heaven one day! And yes if that 'super diety" says something is wrong, then wouldn't it be wrong? And if something the "super diety" said is wrong, would the person commiting the wrong be allowed in Heaven? Just common sense!

the answer is then yes.
as you said, Jesus Christ's sacrifice makes it all good. Acknowledge you fall short of gods vision of what you are, accept Jesus's sacrifice, and voila..all sins are washed. Bam.

So...there you have it. Whew..debate is eternally gone...Jesus washes away all sins if you simply accept him..else the sacrifice is meaningless.

Now then, lets not judge other peoples sins..be it them having a loving gay relationship, or occasionally prone to the odd white lie...because if they simply accept christ, they are in good standing.

You know...the average christian will get frustrated with this..because they dont -want- others to get off the hook so easily with a continuation of their sins...but, they accept for them personally it works that way..because they admit they will sin again one day in the future...but its all good, JC is on their side and they will do a "sorry...my bad" prayer and all is forgiven again.

how many times do you have to accept christ into your life before his sacrifice "sticks" anyhow...daily? once? hourly? only when you sin?
YOUR STILL MISSING THE POINT. HOMOSEXUALLITY IS A SIN. WHEN YOU ACCEPT CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TURN FROM YOUR SINFUL WAYS AND BE LIKE CHRIST. IF YOU DO NOT TURN FROM YOUR SINFUL WAYS YOUR SALVATION IS VOID. YOUR BELIEF IN CHRIST IS NOT REAL. YOU CANNOT ACCEPT CHRIST AND ASK FOR FORGIVNESS AND STILL LEAD A HOMOSEXUAL LIFE STYLE! READ THE PARABLE ABOUT THE MUSTARD SEED. JESUS TALKS ABOUT FAKE CONVERSIONS THROUGH OUT THE NEW TESTAMENT.

link   

you nerfed the quote..looks like I went on a rant with the caplocks and such...bah.

now I will have people thinking I am all breathlessly trying to scream out some concept.

link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ahhhh...you are tape-looping.....snap out of it man...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Impressive.

READ THE BIBLE!!! IT CLEARLY SAYS IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THE VERSES; Leviticus 18:22,Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:26-27! YOU SHOULD GO READ THEM INCLUDING THE WHOLE BOOK. JUST LIKE IT SAYS THAT MUDERERS, LIARS THIEVES ETC ARE SINNERS ALSO. DO YOU WANT THOSE VERSES ALSO?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Impressive.

Yes, see..that is the actual point that Cappy Mclocker was making
there is no difference between a white lie now and then, or a full blown homosexual relationship. Accept christ and his sacrifice and your all good.

And he is absolutely correct in regarding the christian mythos...that is how it reads.
So, those rightous whom condemn a christian gay man is taking the place of gods judgement. those are the heretics actually as they attempt to remove christs sacrifice, saying it doesn't apply to them.

If the christian religion is correct...there will be 1000 gay people in heaven for every 1 christian homophobe whom dared condemn gay people...because a gay christian may pray for forgivness of who they are, but a person blaspheming the sacrifice of christ by condemning a gay person feels not the weight of their sin they just committed, but false rightousness in their pseudo-deity role and deception.

Your summation is totally logical...even Jesus would be in agreement with you, and God would back him up....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

But, by that mythos, it doesn't matter when one accepts christ and asks for forgiveness. Even in a deathbed.

I wonder how all the homophobics will deal with a heaven filled with gays.

Course, ias saturn pointed out, I haven't known many christians who consider their judging of others a sin, which it most obviously is by their mythos, so most will probably burn eternally anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Impressive.

READ THE BIBLE!!! IT CLEARLY SAYS IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THE VERSES; Leviticus 18:22,Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:26-27! YOU SHOULD GO READ THEM INCLUDING THE WHOLE BOOK. JUST LIKE IT SAYS THAT MUDERERS, LIARS THIEVES ETC ARE SINNERS ALSO. DO YOU WANT THOSE VERSES ALSO?
you completely dodged the question I asked by telling me what I believe is wrong. Very christlike.t

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

YOUR STILL MISSING THE POINT. HOMOSEXUALLITY IS A SIN. WHEN YOU ACCEPT CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TURN FROM YOUR SINFUL WAYS AND BE LIKE CHRIST.

Incorrect
the abominations/old school rules don't apply to those whom accept christ
its why christians can eat bacon and such...the eaters shall eat and not be condemned..because christ stands with them and their follys..no conditions. if you accept christ, you accept him knowing that you fall short.
if we could be like christ, then we wouldn't need christ...

your understanding of this is actually the opposite of what the bible states...but it is what the preachers will have you believe anyhow.

IF YOU DO NOT TURN FROM YOUR SINFUL WAYS YOUR SALVATION IS VOID.

No, your salvation simply cannot be void if you have accepted christs salvation. sorry if your preacher taught you this, that is a lie.

Here is the important bit to remember
Jesus was on the cross being murdered..he stated "forgive them, for they know not what they do".
Now, did that mean the romans literally didn't know what would happen if you nail some guy up on a cross? no...it means they don't know the finer details of their continued lifestyle of murder and such...but you know what...forgive them anyhow.
Who knows...everytime someone is murdered, a black hole somewhere in the universe is created..or maybe you lose 5 years off your life expectancy...etc..point is, we as humans do not fully grasp the true nature of sin...so we sin anyhow..
Jesus knew this, and so even when he was at the short end of that stick, his dying command was forgivness for sins.
Jesus also knew they would continue sinning...and probably wouldn't even think twice about it...yet he gave forgivness anyhow...he didn't look down and tell them "ok, now for that to stick for future actions, you must stop this and that and...etc" nor did he say "forgive them, for they know not what they do..but if they do it again, smite the crap out of these jerks"...no...it was all encompassing.

And arguably that right there means we don't even need to accept christ...we are already forgiven our sins...we are simply too stupid a species to understand the nature of sins to be held accountable.

Point is, there is far, far more biblical evidence by christ to show you can simply be happy and enjoy your flaws so long as you accept christs teachings. Who do you follow, Christ, or a preacher?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

No one is born homosexual or hetrosexual. I certainly wasn't atracted to women untill I passed the 4th grade. None-the-less, you cannot change your sexual orientation, and this dosen't at all suggest it is unatural to be a homosexual.

This article is redicuolous right-wing propaganda filled with hatred and intolerance. Simple read this exerpt

Contrary to the dishonest, leftist propaganda, once into the pathetic lifestyle homosexuals can escape.

I am adamant that those who hate homosexuals do so because of their hidden insecurities. They are simply closet homo-sexuals who spread hate and propogate ignorance to hide their insecurity.

People hate what they don't understand. I a man would be attracted to another man, with a world filled with women, but I do not judge. Homosexuals are like all other people, most are nice and carring. It is sad that in many states of America you can marry your first cousin, yet in only two you can marry a person of the same sex. Persons of the same sex are just as capable of raising families. I know this as a fact and from personal expirience.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i like boys i like boysss i like boyssss!

I'll do what i want!

This wasn't a choice for me. And no, i'm not trying to convert your children or take over the world..well maybe the later.

Seriously, down with the hate.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I love your reply.

Especially the part about those who deal out hate being insecure.

Nice post, great EDUCATED and non-ignorant reply.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by SaturnFX

HEY!!!!!

Ya know I LOVE YA, SaturnFX but.....

....let's understand Who versus 'Whom'

THIS has been bugging me, for months...I LOVE your work so please accept this in the vein intended.......
t

edit on Sat 4 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

The who v whom thing always confuses me
I think I simply like the word whom...besides, whom worries about such things anyhow so long as its understood?

(at least I use there, their, they're in the proper places (took me to the age of 25 to learn that one sadly)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join