It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good thread, would like to applaud the OP on removing the dust on an important and forgotten truth, i knew from the start a person simply cannot be born homosexual, made no sense at all.

Anyways expect many vengeful replies in this thread from other users who will aim to throw bigoted comments in because you touched a nerve.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
i like boys i like boysss i like boyssss!

I'll do what i want!

I'll do what I want!

This wasn't a choice for me. And no, i'm not trying to convert your children or take over the world..well maybe the later.

Seriously, down with the hate.

World domination is gay...seriously...you want to rule over this backwoods world?
now, galactic domination..thats where its at

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I really appreciate your posts.

You bring education and facts into the conversation.

The way you completely owned that member shouting "SIN!" and such was great.

Thanks for all you put into ATS!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

HAHHA!

And you completely got my Cartman reference! ur great!

link   
I love Christ, he is the saviour, but I don't hate homosexuals, I just hope they come to the right decision..................but even if they don't they are still my brothers and sisters

link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
Good thread, would like to applaud the OP on removing the dust on an important and forgotten truth, i knew from the start a person simply cannot be born homosexual, made no sense at all.

Anyways expect many vengeful replies in this thread from other users who will aim to throw bigoted comments in because you touched a nerve.

S&F.

I do love the "I don't understand so it HAS to be wrong" argument. Always serves as a good reminder that most who would argue this aren't worth the time.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

What exactly are you trying to say? What 'facts' are you referring to? I'm sure there are other sites that will be more sympathetic to your opinion if you look hard enough.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes.

I was going to say something similar to what you said ( the part about "i don't understand so therefore;; WRONG" )

People are afraid of what they don't understand. I don't mean to group all christians into one bucket, but if you're a christian and spreading hate over the "gay" issue, you're a hypocrite and an ignorant fool.

I like you style!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ok generally i dont have a problem with gayness,unless is being forced at me like everything else. but in a way i feel the media is trying to influence homosexuality on the younger generation maybe grooming it for more tolorance or something.
the worst offender in my oppinion is the american animation movie/cartoon scene aimed at young children,just about every animated movie/cartoon in at last 40 years has had a gay character in it.
and you wouldnt have even noticed but the hints have been there just giving you enough of a push in this direction or that. read this and see what you think afterwards,especialy the comments, open mind please.
www.gay.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know what is sad. The way many communities treat gays is the same way many communities once treated the newly released slaves.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by yourboycal2

you pratice your voyeurism in a prejudicial fashion me thinks.
Dude, it does not matter to me on way or the other. When my kids were young inappropriate displays of any type of public behavior alway made it difficult for the family. Now that they are adults I'm sure they can handle it just fine. So if your the kind of guy who practices selective indescretionary public scroogin' let your freak flag fly!
Just watch out for children, let 'em be kids.......

We are products of our environment , when you have small kids going to public places and seeing two men make out , that is a traumatic experience , directly and indirectly . When i first saw two men making out , i was in shock and awe , but brushed it off at the time as if it was nothing. But inside i knew it was wrong , disgusting , and should be for something behind the doors not in public where more kids can be exposed to that . I wouldn't force them to do it , i would ask them. I know they have the right to do as they wish and please , which is why i , i wouldn't use force. Only hint at there compassion and understanding of not wanting to taint child's mind with such images. Homosexuality is a runaway fetish which rewires the brain so it makes it seem as though this is your true calling , imo. Enviromental factors images contribute to that fantasy.

Are you at any way close to growing up? I notice you say two men, not two women, not a man and a woman.... didn't you want to tell those children that in this world different people love different people? No, I guess not, tell you what, click your heels 3 times and go back 50 years when people who haven't got the same opinions as you had to hide them away or be prosecuted.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There are NO facts about homosexual people. They're people! Their attraction circuits are just wired a bit differently than you and I. It's people like you that make this world a bad place.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
ok generally i dont have a problem with gayness,unless is being forced at me like everything else. but in a way i feel the media is trying to influence homosexuality on the younger generation maybe grooming it for more tolorance or something.
the worst offender in my oppinion is the american animation movie/cartoon scene aimed at young children,just about every animated movie/cartoon in at last 40 years has had a gay character in it.
and you wouldnt have even noticed but the hints have been there just giving you enough of a push in this direction or that. read this and see what you think afterwards,especialy the comments, open mind please.
www.gay.net...

So, that statement then begs the question:
Is including black characters in cartoons pushing a 'black' agenda? Jewish characters a "jew agenda"? Middle eastern characters a muslim agenda?

Quite frankly there is a lot more merit to the argument that the media is used to push hate on certain groups than trying to influence you for them.
edit on 4-2-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
www.gay.net...

So, so do you feel equally offended by the over masculant cartoon figures?

You say you don't have a problem with gayness...seems you do. that list was new to me (heman? really? you gotta really be wanting to see gay to see heman as gay)
And so, lets say for a instant that is exactly what the media was doing...trying to let gay kids relate to some characters in an otherwise saturated straight market.
Is every character on every show gay? no...a small segment have innuendos pointing at it...equal to about the small percentage of gay people in society.
if it was trying to push people into being gay, then pretty much everyone whom grew up watching snagglepuss would be gay.

I think an argument can be made about such cartoons making people more comfortable with their feelings, but turning people gay?
Basically, if someone can turn you gay...then you weren't turned gay...you were gay all along. the argument holds no weight.

link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reply to post by theBigToe

Who ? has a problem with two couples boy and girl making out ?

Secondly if they can tell me a good reason why i should stop making out with my girl i will be happy to listen?

thirdly i said ask , not demand .

who even has a problem with two females making out?

its the two dudes thats the problem.

i would write more but this mod is removing my posts on baseless alerts.

only one post she removed that i had two lines which i agree. but the others she was way out of line , and clearly does not want me to speak my mind .
edit on 4-2-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but that has to be the most PATHETIC things I've read on ATS, and trust me, I've read a lot. You have no issue with two females making out but you do with two men? Homosexuality is not gender specific (yeah. latin would say otherwise, but there wasn't a difference in the classical language). So, what does that mean, you like seeing two ladies making out but not two men and you think you have some kind of moral stance?

Laugh my you know what off very loudly.

link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by theBigToe
Wanna stop with these retarded, hateful, and bigoted threads?

Someone posts a thread and voices their opinion in a clear and non-threatening way, and you call them a bigot?

There's a word for your idiocy, too, but I won't use it.

Originally posted by Hellas

Weird Thread for someone with the nick name 'Rainbowbear'...

This is called "Source Derogation", and it's just a step above 'Negative Affect'.

Now, as for the actual thread, and my "opinion" (because it states we're all entitled to our opinion, which is true); I'm a born-again Christian, I believe fully in a God, and what the Bible says. INB4 "Hurr so you hate gays and want to burn them at the stake".

No. Stop. Pull your head out of your ass.

I'm one of the few Christians that actually BELIEVE what the Bible says - not one of those who go around with signs saying "God hates fags", when in fact He loves them with all their hearts.

What differs me from 95% of the Church? I believe gays have every right to get married.

Why? Because I believe in God, and I believe God gave all of mankind FREE WILL. That means, yes, if you want to get married, get married. My personal opinions on how I actually feel about them are pointless, because it will only generate assumptions and accusations from other people; but I truly do love everyone, heterosexuals, homosexuals, homophobes, metrosexuals, trans-sexuals, bi-sexuals, whatever-sexuals.

this mother#er is real

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
You know what is sad. The way many communities treat gays is the same way many communities once treated the newly released slaves.

yeah, maybe regress back to Africa and see how that treatment is happening.........

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Wanna stop with these retarded, hateful, and bigoted threads?

Like Ween says,there are many colours in the rainbow. Not all are unreasonable.

The OP has a point. Why is it that liberals find some subjects too confronting to discuss?

And can you say [Snip] now? Like in the OP he uses the terms " hetro,[Snip].." It makes sense to stop giving the term so much power. The fact that we dont see 'hetro' as a derogatory term proves that we should not see '[SNIP]' as a derogatory term. The people that use the term '[SNIP] as derogatory should be ignored. The hysterical liberals provide the negative reinforcment that gives the homophobes their power.

And like I said,the rainbow has many colours. Many homosexuals respect the views and rights of others. There are gay rights advocates in Australia that are pushing for Gay Marriage to be legal. They are making sure that the Churches know they respect the right of any Church that does not agree with gay marraige. This gay rights group seems to be very reasonable.

Giving churches the choice not to conduct same-sex wedding ceremonies could be the best compromise in the heated debate on gay marriage, independent MP Andrew Wilkie says.

purpleunions.com...

I think the OP is saying that many that advocate gay rights tend to be militant and unreasonable. I agree. They are also often close minded and unwilling to compromise or consider the views of anyone that may have and opposing perspective.
edit on 4-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Oooohhhh, Boys!!!!!

edit on 4/2/2012 by chr0naut because: I'm not really gay, it just had to be said.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

yes.

I was going to say something similar to what you said ( the part about "i don't understand so therefore;; WRONG" )

People are afraid of what they don't understand. I don't mean to group all christians into one bucket, but if you're a christian and spreading hate over the "gay" issue, you're a hypocrite and an ignorant fool.

I like you style!

As I said on another thread, those hijacking the name of Christ in order to spread hate and prejudice aren't Christians, they're pseudo-Christians. Unless they're out working their fingers to the bone, helping all of those less fortunate than themselves, giving away all their nice things and loving every damn person that crosses their path, then they are not Christians. If Jesus was sitting reading this thread on his Holy Laptop he would be AGOG at the things being said in his name.

This thread has been pure entertainment tonight. We (gayz) are not going away so you might as well just get used to it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join