It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prisoneronashipoffools

The fact is homosexuals actually may be a perfectly natural safe guard to rampant overpopulation of the species, because if ever single person reproduced to the full extent of their ability, the population would be far larger then it is now and would continue to expand exponentially.

What makes you think that homosexuals tend not to reproduce? Throughout history there's been a stigma against homosexuality, and a substantial percentage of homosexuals -- in the attempt to lead as normal of a life as possible -- have nevertheless feigned that they were heterosexual and dated the opposite sex anyway; never wanting anyone to know about it. Although I am not an expert on the subject, I suspect there are millions of homosexuals in the U.S. alone that probably came out of the closet later on and initially tried to date the opposite sex in high school, college and beyond, and kept their true sexual orientation secret. And then there are probably millions more that actually got married to someone of the opposite sex where their feelings for the other person are limited to "best friend" feelings.

For that matter, there are probably tens of millions of married straight couples that were never really attracted to each other in a true sense romantically. Rather, they probably started "hanging out" and became friends, became accustomed to each other and added sex to the relationship without ever really being in love in the true sense.

edit on 4-2-2012 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Destinyone
Regarding your name...You do know *rainbow* is the Gay Pride Flag colors...
And Bear is an older fluffly hairy Gay Guy...

In this case it really is funny, the choice of names... but just because one group adopts a symbol doesn't mean that is all it means

In the Medieval world... a Blue Feather in your hat is the symbol used and gays are members of the Order of the Blue Feather... If you wear a powder blue (light blue) feather it means you are a friend of the Order... in otherwords you have gay friends but are straight
So if your going to a Ren Fair... remember the blue feather

And just a note on another symbol, the Fox Tail
If it is worn on the back, that means the lady is available and seeking... worn on the side means she is taken

Always good to recognize symbols

Fox tail in the back, it will be for me.....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilot70
reply to post by rainbowbear

Homosexuality is a disease, just like other metal illness. The individual person is not able to perform his/her part in the continuation of the species. Calling this normal, is just an attempt to ease peoples feelings, and make them feel comfortable.

And by the way, my best friend in this world is lesbian, she knows my stance, but we are still very good friends. This is just my practical view of the world.

Trying to make this normal, is to work against the human race, my father was mentally ill, and it cost our family dearly, but had he insisted that I call him normal I would have said "sorry dad but no, I love you but you are sick"

The same goes for homosexuals .....

How many times have I read an insult like this followed by a 'but my best friend is [insert object of prejudice here]' ? I would wager that if you are indeed friends with a lesbian, she knows nothing of your true feelings because no self-respecting gay person would give you the time of day if that's the sort of crap you spout in the name of friendship.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

TheY are the laws of the Most High. They apply not only to Judah Christians but to the world at large!! The laws were given to Moses and the Jews to "seperate" them from the rest of the pagan world! They were Gods chosen people. And according to God, Homosexuality is a "sin" an "Abomination in the eyes of the Most High". Thats why the Jews were given those commandments. Just so you know 98% of the worlds popualtion is Heterosexual. The reason why it is becoming part of todays culture in America is because you have Elitist backing the Homosexual Agenda. The mainstream media is owned buy these elites who propagate it's agenda to the masses. Leave the mainstream world and you will find little support for it.
edit on 4-2-2012 by consulmollard because: Mispelled

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you on this because well, even if people feel they were born that way, this isn't completely true.

When you look up sexual identity and development, you'll see that sexual identity is a complex thing that develops out of inclination, education and life circumstances. Hence, people are born with certain inclinations, but they may or may not delve into these inclinations. That is why no one is born heterosexual or gay. They simply develop their sexual identity over time, and sometimes even change it based on their life circumstances.

And I am aware of the fact that people don't discuss such a notion openly where gay rights are concerned, probably because they feel that mentioning this little bit of information might open doors to more gay hatred, which they try to avoid. But most people forget that in order to be heterosexual, you have to have a certain aversion to the same sex. This aversion exists more in heterosexual men for example than women because historically gay men existed long before gay women did in my view. Hence with family education plus inclination, a man was always judged on his 'manhood' by how many women he coveted, and how less of a woman he was.

This is sort of hardwired into our culture and development and there is very little you can do about it. Women are expected to huddle together, giggle around and play along while men are expected to be indifferent, strong and overbearing.
edit on 4-2-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by consulmollard

TheY are the laws of the Most High. They apply not only to Judah Christians but to the world at large!! The laws were given to Moses and the Jews to "seperate" them from the rest of the pagan world! They were Gods chosen people. And according to God, Homosexuality is a "sin" an "Abomination in the eyes of the Most High". Thats why the Jews were given those commandments. Just so you know 98% of the worlds popualtion is Heterosexual. The reason why it is becoming part of todays culture in America is because you have Elitist backing the Homosexual Agenda. The mainstream media is owned buy these elites who propagate it's agenda to the masses. Leave the mainstream world and you will find little support for it.

Then why didn't "God" send the message of his law to the rest of the world so we all could know about cloth and seed mingling and the evils of homosexuality, stoning adulterers and rebellious teens, the evils of celebrating days and mapping?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Obviously you know nothing of Roman history....many ancient cultures had same sex partners as a normal part of life.

You should do some reading...other than the bible....
edit on 4-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

reply to post by theBigToe

I have read both yours and Rainbows comments and you are the one who sounds ignorant!! Your replies to Rainbows comment are filled with emotion. You haven't said anything educational or stated any facts to support your opinion. Emotions mean "zero" when you are dealing with facts! You are the one spuing ignorance. Just so you know, no one wants to kill or burn homosexuals at the stake!!! Your just like the rest of the talking heads. When confronted with facts about a certain subject you go in to a tiraid. Also if someone is born a certain way, whould they be able to change by choice? If someone is born black can they become white by choice? If a person is born white can they be come black by choice? How many so called homosexuals lead a straight life now? How many straight people become homosexuals? If you are born a certain way you can not change that by choice as so many gay/lesbians do!! It is a either a learned behavior, fetish, or a sexual desire!! I have no problem with gay people. My sister leads a lesbian lifestyle. Her and her partner and her friends and I have had many conversations about this. They are all in unison with me!!! Also I am college educated and have worked in the field of Humn Development and Psychology!!
edit on 4-2-2012 by consulmollard because: Misspelled a word.

Oh no...please tell me this is not the norm, for college educated in PA.
Yes we deal with the "Truth" in Pennsylvania! Show me true "scientific proof" that homosexuals are born that way and i will never disagree with anyone about this subject again!! I will accept their findings as fact. And don't reply with emotion or some anecdotal evidence or some talking point. Come correct if you want to debate me!! I never lost a debate in high school or college. Top of my class!!
edit on 4-2-2012 by consulmollard because: mispelled

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

until they try to take over the world

Ahahahahahahahaaaa.

Oh dear god.

The truth about homosexuals? We're the same as you! For god sake. When will you people learn you're making something out of nothing? You have a few seconds of life to live. But if you want to spend it in fear (you are) of something, that's fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by consulmollard

Prove to me you're born straight! There's no "heterosexual" gene. Is there? Stop liking women and love a man instead. Clearly it's easy, millions of gay people are doing it every day!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Kinsey had it right, I know from experience. While a fierce party boi princess and a leather-bound muscle bear are clearly not created in utro, actual homosexual orientation is biologically motivated. There are extremes. Almost all individuals in a given population are geared to some extent to have homosexual, homoerotic or otherwise some form of attraction to the same sex. Naturally, in those species that do have defined sexes, there would be a clear evolutionary disadvantage to being wholly, 100% homosexually inclined (specifically, the biological material that made you that way - be you bunny or dolphin - will doom you to be an evolutionary dead end).

But think about human culture. The natural sides to sexuality - the genetic motivation - can and is usurped by the construct of human culture. You end up with situations like early Greece, where homosexual relations were condoned among men (of course with their own rules) and contemporary false marriages, that produce offspring, even though the father's thoughts (or the mother's) are not totally into the spouse of the opposite sex.

These scenarios allow genetic material that may predispose an individual to homosexual tendencies to pass on to the next generation, despite the otherwise evolutionary brick wall. Bunnies, dolphins and wolves lack the overlapping layers of cultural complexity that would shame, ridicule, coerce or otherwise force an individual into heterosexual relations resulting in procreation and, thus, the passing-on of the "gay gene".

In other words, the instances of homosexuality in animal species are fewer and more far between precisely because the random gay rabbit or dolphin has no societal pressures to conform to what is not natural to it. In the end, it does not mate with a member of the opposite sex and does not produce offspring bearing this same sexual inclination.

Again, Kinsey was right. I know from experience. As a gay male, I know with whom I have had experiences with. Without going into my personal details too deeply, suffice it to say that several of my close male friendships with "straight" males over the course of my life have resulted in some form of periodic, episodic or one-time activity that could be called "homosexual" without them having to be forced or otherwise manipulated into it. In other words, they were of their free will to knowingly participate in sexually-based activities with me, concurrently with o1r intermittently between normal, heterosexual behavior. Of these half-dozen male friends, only one did later go on to accept and assume his homosexuality. All the others are either in committed relationships to a member of the opposite sex or are married with children.

I am typically no where near the first to offer up my personal, intimate details, but I feel that if we are going to go ahead and have an adult conversation on the subject, supposedly backed-up by empiricism, then my own personal experience should be thrown in as qualitative evidence.

Males in the US are not emblematic of masculinity worldwide or throughout time. The culture of the US regarding masculinity and "manhood" are such that discussion of such a taboo subject is all but totally ignored. When Kinsey brought up the studies he made, he was fought so hard not because of his empirical study, but because of the revelation. Sometimes it's hard to hold a mirror up to people's faces and not expect a lashing out.

CAVEAT: Above I say that in the end, a gay animal will not have societal pressure to conform and thus procreate and pass on the "gay gene" to the offspring. I understand, of course, that just as with any other trait, there are no examples of offspring being 100% replicas of their parent (or 50% considering two parents). Instead, the complexity of the genetic material that results in sexual inclinations will be inherited from both parents and even so will not result in any 100% mirror-image of either parent's disposition.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Sphota because: see above

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

salvation as a teen, he preached on the streets of Huntington, in the jails, parks and missions. He entered Moody Bible Institute immediately after high school, was married and continued his education at Tennessee Temple College, Immanuel College and Heritage Baptist University where he earned his Ph.D. While an evangelist and Christian school administrator, Boys was elected to the Indiana House of Representatives, and was identified by the media as the ”most conservative member of the General Assembly.” w

Why cant those people leave their opinion not in their fricking CHURCH where it belongs?

I am getting seriously agitated if religious freaks want to bring their belief systems into politics... in their fricking churches they can rant and rave as long as they want..and you know..i wouldn't even care.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Homosexuality is a disease, just like other metal illness.

Then why are our male cats humping each other?
/humor

Seriously..they do that..but they look healthy to me

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What makes you think that homosexuals tend not to reproduce? Throughout history there's been a stigma against homosexuality, and a substantial percentage of homosexuals -- in the attempt to lead as normal of a life as possible -- have nevertheless feigned that they were heterosexual and dated the opposite sex anyway; never wanting anyone to know about it. Although I am not an expert on the subject, I suspect there are millions of homosexuals in the U.S. alone that probably came out of the closet later on and initially tried to date the opposite sex in high school, college and beyond, and kept their true sexual orientation secret. And then there are probably millions more that actually got married to someone of the opposite sex where their feelings for the other person are limited to "best friend" feelings.
reply to post by IamCorrect

I didn't actually say that homosexuals do not have children, I was actually countering the point that the end all be all of every member of a species is to reproduce and those who don't are some how defective or diseased or even a threat to the species.

At the same time, though I have not seen in any studies on it and therefore could be wrong, I would wager that the average homosexual has less children then their heterosexual counterparts, especially amongst those homosexuals who are living openly and not trying to hide behind a mask of heterosexuality.

I also don't think homosexuality is the only safe guard to overpopulation,even though it is hard for many people to believe there are some people with little to no sex drive and they tend to have less children as well. In any case I still stand by my assertion that the end all be all of an individual is not necessarily reproducing and continuing the species. Which was the main thrust of my post.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh geeze, did this thread develop from the JC Penny one?

To be gay, or not to be gay. How about who cares. Be gay, or not - just don't expect everyone to care, or even to like you because of it. Of all the things to be worrying about, with wars, famine, disease, natural and man made disasters - people chose homosexuality.

If liking the same sex turns your crank - then go for it. Let the religious stew in their own juices. As long as you aren't hurting anyone with your behavior then have fun.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by voidla

until they try to take over the world

Ahahahahahahahaaaa.

Oh dear god.

The truth about homosexuals? We're the same as you! For god sake. When will you people learn you're making something out of nothing? You have a few seconds of life to live. But if you want to spend it in fear (you are) of something, that's fine.
I don't live in fear. To me it's not about fear. Its about truth! I could care less if a person is straight or gay. I judge a person by their character and actions! I'm just fed up with with half truths and the media and lgbt organazaionts who try to propagate and force their beliefs on me. And if I don't agree with them, then I am hate gays and want to kill them. Thats so far from the truth. It borders the insane. They remind me of the Nazi propaganda machine in Germany. If you don't agree with us you must be reeducated or killed. Can we move on to more importnat topics like, The N.W.O. or homeless people or the national debt?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Kudos, for your crystal clear honesty. Well written, well stated.

Thank You Sphota...

link   
this thread is pretty gay.

though if gay people took over the world we would all dress better and men would never have mullets.

link   

Originally posted by windword

Then why didn't "God" send the message of his law to the rest of the world so we all could know about cloth and seed mingling and the evils of homosexuality, stoning adulterers and rebellious teens, the evils of celebrating days and mapping?
He did!! Everyone knows Gods law. Have you not read the Bible? By your comments you have. You even have a verse from the Bible as your signature.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Homosexuality is NOT NEW. It's been going on for thousands of years. Today, they use it as just another distraction to keep the ignorant ranting about nonsense to their ignorant friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join