It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It's a covert agenda when it gets snuck home in book bags without parental knowledge. It actually happened in one community, Massachusetts I believe. You are either naive about it or you agree with it and won't admit it. Do you understand the meaning of covert? It means it's not obvious.

oh, knock it off Third Eye - and lighten up

I already said - not playing

what does this have to do with the OP?

seriously - write an essay - knock yourself out

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'd like to know the same thing as to why we must have gay propaganda in our schools. How about just math and English.

This is the kids generation - not yours.

2 mommies doesn't mean anything to 1st graders - - except 2 mommies. This is/will be a part of their world.

After how many generations of raising kids and doing school work - - four? Four generations.

While I support the basics of the "3Rs" - government - geographic etc - - - be taught - - - I have come to learn self-esteem and understanding social importance - - - takes priority.

Not everyone is a student of the "basic fundamental learnings". School does not teach you to think in those areas. Only to memorize and take a test.

I prefer my child have an open mind and ability to think/reason and accept all people.

Those who do have talents in specific areas can pursue them in higher learning - - if they so choose.

EDIT: If this isn't worded exactly - - I'm watching the Super Bowl

edit on 5-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The Christmas Sweater is of a religious nature.

Why would that be used in a public school?

There are books with similar stories that are secular.

Riiight, so we can put overtly sexual stuff in school but not a book teaching the value of a good sweater over a bike.

Right Annee, I see your point.

Did you read the Christmas Sweater and feel it's so overtly religious you would protest it? Or do you just hate the idea that Glenn Beck is the author?

edit on 5-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Wait, how is it overtly sexual to talk about two mommies? Is it overtly sexual to send a book home that talks about a mommy and a daddy (they have sex too)?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by kaylaluv

Ok, great. I'm impressed with that.

You see, this just proves my point that you and others like you are members of a hate group who hates gays and lesbians with all your heart. Nothing will ever break through that hate because it is not based on logic or reason. You just said that no gays support the unborn fetus. I proved you wrong, but you won't admit it. This is hate at its worst.

Doesn't matter, though, because people like you are in the minority. Things are changing in this country regarding equal rights for gays, and you can't stop it.

woiw! what a tool.
The guy admits you made a good point and you go off on him accusing him of the nuttiest things.
What is wrong with you?
Where in the world did you draw all these conclusions of belonging to a hate group simply because he admited you countered his arg and ADMITED IT? What a maroon.

This hate group agenda of yours reminds me of fascist germany and nazi threats.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

don't get ahead of yourself Third Eye - I never said I had a problem with it

so far I've only said I didn't know enough about it to have an opinion

I can see you're spoiling for a fight - but at the very least you could be polite enough to read what other people have written before you start foaming at the mouth

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
[Wait, how is it overtly sexual to talk about two mommies? Is it overtly sexual to send a book home that talks about a mommy and a daddy (they have sex too)?

What first grader is going to think sex - - because someone has 2 mommies?

They're just gonna think "Cool - 2 mommies".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Whatever in the world does this mean? In fact, why is it that you think gay propaganda is appropriate for small children but now you are trying to tell me I shouldn't even care because it's their generation not mine but you can propagandize them all you want?
I cannot believe the hypocrisy here.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Whatever in the world does this mean?

It means exactly what it states.

My mom who was raised prejudice in Ohio - - raised us to accept all people. I had no idea of her prejudice until I heard her say something racist one day - - when I was high school age.

I was shocked and asked her about it. She said: "That was my generation - - it is not yours. There is no room for racial prejudice in your generation".

Smart woman.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

. . . why is it that you think gay propaganda . . .

You and your propaganda. Have you read the book? Does it mention gay anywhere in the book

I was raised by a mother and grandmother - - - OMG no dad in the house

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I bet most of these housewives are just miserable women with nothing better to do. Their husbands are probably "working late" all of the time and they need something to bit*h about.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo
I bet most of these housewives are just miserable women with nothing better to do. Their husbands are probably "working late" all of the time and they need something to bit*h about.

Husbands are probably hanging out with the One Million Dads.

One Million Moms/One Million Dads project One of AFA's (American Family Assc) creations is One Million Moms and One Million Dads, two websites with the goal mobilizing parents to "stop the exploitation of children" by the media. It organizes boycotts and urges activists to send emails to mainstream companies employing advertising, selling products, or advertising on television shows they find offensive. The "One Million" in the titles of the projects appears to be a completely arbitrary number, as it is not based on any actual survey of group members, let alone how many members might be mothers or fathers. en.wikipedia.org...

Labeled a hate group Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), in a 2005 report, stated that the AFA, along with other groups, engaged in hate speech to "help drive the religious right's anti-gay crusade." Mark Potok of the SPLC determined that the turning point was 2003's Lawrence v. Texas, in which the Supreme Court struck down Texas's anti-sodomy laws. After that, the Christian right spent millions on advertisements, and on pastor briefings organized by activists such as born-again Christian David Lane. Lane helped AFA put constitutional opposite-sex marriage amendments on the ballots of 13 states. In November 2010, the SPLC changed their listing of AFA from a group that used hate speech to the more serious one of being designated a hate group. Potok said that the AFA's "propagation of known falsehoods and demonizing propaganda" was the basis for the change. The AFA was greatly displeased with the designation as a hate group, calling the list "slanderous". In response to the SPLC's announcement, some members of the Christian right "call[ed] on Congress to cut off their funding." J. Matt Barber of The Washington Times said that the SPLC was "marginalizing" themselves by giving the AFA the same hate group designation shared by the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here is an Amazon review of the book: "Heather Has Two Mommies"

Amazon.com Review This handsome 10-anniversary edition of a minor classic presents the story of Heather, a preschooler with two moms who discovers that some of her friends have very different sorts of families. Juan, for example, has a mommy and a daddy and a big brother named Carlos. Miriam has a mommy and a baby sister. And Joshua has a mommy, a daddy, and a stepdaddy. Their teacher Molly encourages the children to draw pictures of their families, and reassures them that "each family is special" and that "the most important thing about a family is that all the people in it love each other." In the afterword, the author (whose other children's books include Matzo Ball Moon) explains that although she grew up in a Jewish home, in a Jewish neighborhood, there were no families like hers on the television or in picture books. She came to regard her family as somehow "wrong," since there was no Christmas tree in the living room and no Easter egg hunt. Whatever the religious right may wish to think about nontraditional families, there is no denying that any child enrolled in an American school will encounter friends with single parents, gay parents, stepparents, or adoptive parents. This new, revised version of Heather Has Two Mommies offers an enjoyable, upbeat, age-appropriate introduction to the idea of family diversity. The book is essential for children (ages 2 to 6) with gay parents or family members, and a great addition to a Rainbow Curriculum. --Regina Marler

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ask me if I care what Amazon says about a gay propaganda book for children. It's despicable. And even more despicable you justify propagandizing small children for the sake of your crusade.

I'm done with this discussion.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Ask me if I care what Amazon says about a gay propaganda book for children. It's despicable.

Telling children that all loving families are unique, special, and should be cherished is despicable? Your moral code is twisted friend.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ask me if I care what Amazon says about a gay propaganda book for children. It's despicable. And even more despicable you justify propagandizing small children for the sake of your crusade.

What is the deal with you - - really.

You a dude? Someone referred to you as a he.

How old are you and are you raising children?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Crusade?

You really are absurd.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well what does that person know of me? What difference would it make? Does my gender matter in this?

"After The Ball"

Kirk and Madsen's open admission of their deceptive tactics is noted as most revealing: [O]ur effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic, or proof. "...the person's beliefs can be altered whether he is conscious of the attack or not"[45] “The campaign we outline in this book, though complex, depends centrally upon a program of unabashed propaganda, firmly grounded in long-established principles of psychology and advertising.”[46][47]

www.conservapedia.com...

Classic "do evil that good may come" strategy

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Crusade?

You really are absurd.

Are you really going to look shocked ?

Is this not a full on propaganda campaign???

www.massresistance.org...

I'll ask you once again why this is acceptable to you in place of math and language skills?

Listen to that girl say it makes her feel "weird in your stomach".

And again, I go back to my premise that this is the John Dewey system of social engineering.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well what does that person know of me? What difference would it make? Does my gender matter in this?

It definitely does. I want to know who/what I'm debating with.

Are you female or male?

How old are you?

Do you have school age children?

At this level in the game - - - there is no point in any discussion if you don't answer these questions.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Is this not a full on propaganda campaign???

Enough with the propaganda.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join