It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by netwarrior

What a bunch of bigots that starred this post.

So you immediately stereotype a bunch of women as bitter and bored for doing this?

Who said they aren't professional women who work full time?

So are the anti gay churches bitter and bored too?

What happened to the ATS mantra of protecting freedom of speech?

Free speech goes both ways... Like it or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

But this is the first step to:
1. Laws
2. Hate
3. Murder

Do you really think this moms couldn´t damage a gay persons life??
Do you think I overdraw this? What about this guy hung up on a fence for days left dying, just because he was gay?!
The same that happened to black people.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thank you, sir. I could not have put it better myself.

I totally agree.. we will have a ton of people using the most disparaging remarks and colourful language to discuss these so-called "Million Moms".. yet they themselves are just as guilty of being judgmental. What is right for one is not right for all. Everyone has the right to have an opinion and act on it and everyone has the right to counteract. One man's (or woman's) right is another's wrong and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
I'd imagine the phrase 'Speaking as a mother' has been said many times, in a patronising and superior tone of voice, what a bunch of homophobic w@nkers :-)

Yeah but what if they were born "homophobic", and it's not really a life-choice? How say you then?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Here's what people who like to protest need to hear....NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK! GET A LIFE!

Hmmm what if the suffragettes had taken your advice???

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

S&M? Hey, if you're into it, have at it. Doesn't effect me one bit. But I can't believe I"m actually responding to your murder analogy.

I really would like to know how someone you don't know and has no direct contact with you or your family has any effect whatsoever on your pursuit of happiness in your own life? Did a gay person kill someone in your family? If so, the problem isn't that they're gay, it's that they're a murderer. Murder directly encroaches on the pursuit of happiness in their victim's life. Your point is stupid.
edit on 4-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: affect? effect? bah.

Time out... Chill. No where did I mention gays as murderers. If you presume them to be, that is your belief system. I was only commenting on your Constitutional term defination of 'Happiness'.

Do discuss with logic instead of passioned irrationality. It not only derails the thread, but your own credibility on your own support of views.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

They are trying to alter commerce to their minority vision of what they want by creating movements to seemingly pseudo-inflate their numbers

Your right...they have every right to do so, and in response, Ellen should use her program to counter the movement with her average 3 million audience daily to whatever direction she wants them to also.

one million angry moms on the net is nothing..so the question is, why did it make the news? it shouldn't have. for every 1 of these moms, there are 30 that either don't care or quite like Ellen.

The news article should read: Ellen: Still loved by most. Why give these million hags the time of day with their medieval mindset.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Chill. No where did I mention gays as murderers

You said: What if killing people is someone's happiness. If you kill someone, you are a murderer. Murder has a direct and permanent affect on their victim's pursuit of happiness.

If you actually read the constitution, it guarantees the right of the pursuit of happiness as long as it doesn't encroach on the rights of others. I didn't think I had to specify that part, but apparently I should have.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

I dont think you would like it if a million people petitioned
your employer to fire you because of your sexual predilections.
That would amount to harassment.

Certainly their "rights" extend to simply not shopping at JC Penny.
But they don't own JC Penny, where do they get off telling who JC Penny should hire?
Slippery slope.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Gays should keep it in their bedrooms and bible thumpers in their churches. Why push their lifestyles into peoples' faces? If I liked to wear a clown suit in the bedroom I sure as hell wouldnt be screaming at people to accept the clown lifestyle. Same goes for the religious/spiritual aspect. This people are scandalous and as the saying goes, "God forgives everything but scandal".

Do you really think the majority of gays go around spouting out their sexual exploits? Its the anti-gays who talk about gay sex and make a big deal about it.

What is your "lifestyle"? Is heterosexual a "lifestyle"?

Most gays you wouldn't even know about. Because they live their lives just as everyone else. They have careers - they buy groceries - they jog - etc.

Are there stereotypes? Yes - - but every group has their stereotypes. They hardly represent the majority.

No, I'm sorry, you are just plain wrong here. Once gays were out of the closet, they began pushing for more out of the closetness...to the point where someone like Kevin Jennings was putting "fisting" out there in public in a convention, or an Obama putting Kevin Jennings as a "school safety czar". There is huge activism, especially in the schools. The lifestyle is being actively promoted, and not by accident.
So, while I don't give a hoot what they do behind closed doors, I do give a hoot what they are promoting to the children and teens.

I feel it must be stated here that the push now for sex-ed in kindergartner is being promoted by the lobby as well.
edit on 4-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

your bigotry is the only verifyable hate in this thread that is aligned with the fascist beliefs of the kkk.
How ironic that you choose to carry that banner so proudly.
Anti-Christian bigotry seems to be in vogue.

Your chick-fi-le posts prove how hypocritical you are in this bigotry.. You flip flopped 180* to get here in this thread.
Sig heil has relevance in your threads.
You are just waiting for which direction to salute.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If you kill someone, you are a murderer. Murder has a direct and permanent affect on their victim's pursuit of happiness.

If you actually read the constitution, it guarantees the right of the pursuit of happiness as long as it doesn't encroach on the rights of others. I didn't think I had to specify that part, but apparently I should have.

I am glad now that you specified it. Gives a whole new meaning to your original post doesn't it? Glad you agree that happiness must not ENCROACH upon the rights of others. We must certainly NEED to care, for we don't live alone on our own island, but within a society sharing the same space for progress and evolution.

Question is, whose personal or societal rights would be encroached if homosexuality is a happiness to be pursued?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

If you kill someone, you are a murderer. Murder has a direct and permanent affect on their victim's pursuit of happiness.

I am glad now that you specified it. Gives a whole new meaning to your original post doesn't it? Glad you agree that happiness must not ENCROACH upon the rights of others. We must certainly NEED to care, for we don't live alone on our own island, but within a society sharing the same space for progress and evolution.

Question is, whose personal or societal rights would be encroached if homosexuality is a happiness to be pursued?

Parental rights are being encroached on on a daily basis in the schools. I know many here don't want to see that, but all the "rights for everyone" must truly be that and not just "special rights for special people".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What one generation denies, the next generation tolerates..
What one generation tolerates, the next generation embraces.

We are already well into the embracing part.

I am all for "freedom of choice". But where and when do you draw the line? When do the Mormons legally get to have multiple wives? When will adults be allowed to legally have sex with consenting children? You see where I am going with this?

If you allow one group a freedom, than you must allow others freedom as well. It is no bother or concern to me what people do, in terms of sexuality and marriage and life choices. But the process I am seeing doesnt have anything to do with homosexuality, but merely pointing it out as the catalyst. See were being conditioned over years and years into believing something is "right" and it slowly rotates itself around so that those who stand against it are considered "stupid or close minded".

If a homosexual calls an anti-gay rights protestor stupid and close minded, then that is ok, because our culture, and our media has been conditioning us to believe this. And yet if someone who believes homosexuality is wrong, and stands up for it, they are considered a homphobe, and idiot, and shunned out of society. Now like I said, I dont care what other folks do in the bedroom. But what we are witnessing is a conditioning, and it worries me because I often wonder how long will it be, before other things are allowed? At what point is it too much? We need a balance in society, because eventually, just like the good boy who does a little drugs, then alot of drugs, who then stands up and says no more, they will reply "your already in this with us, your no better than us."

When I hear about pedophiles, or those who perverse themselves in other ways, I am disgusted, but I wonder how much longer will it be until I am considered close minded for being disgusted by this.

The idea of "freedom" is an illusion, were being conditioned, and that if we are to stand up against what others consider progress and open mindedness, that we are considered stupid. I am for gay rights, I am for people rights, but just as it was wrong to bash the gay movement when it first came out, it is also wrong to bash the anti-gay movement. That is the problem with "freedom" is that we are always going to have disagreements, but do not ignore the signs of conditioning. Just like whites were conditioned to oppress against blacks in America, years ago. So also are the "open minded" people of today are conditioned to look down upon the "closed minded" of today.

Where do we take a stand? Where do we cut the line? We dont, beecause in a culture that allows everyone to embrace their inner desires, is one that is easily controlled. Freedom... right, because if you are too occupied with yourself, you will not see what is going on around you. Your all missing the big picture, happening right before your very eyes, its all about control, and the TPTB are conditioning you.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I do not like Ellen Degeneres. I do not think she is funny. I think she gets way too much credit simply because of her lifestyle. Does that make me a "hater"? I don't think so, especially in light of the fact that I have been defending her since the start of this thread.

well - let's not make this about you then

do all those millions of moms want her tossed out because they don't think she's funny?

they just want J.C. Penny to pick someone funnier? :-)

because if that's the case - all I can say is - there's no accounting for taste :shk:

Ellen is hilarious!

I of course have never met the woman - but I genuinely like her - I always have

but I can see she's not everyone's cup of tea...so to speak

fair enough - let the revolution commence - and protest away

those one million moms - they need to suggest someone better

that would be good for a laugh - at least

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It all boils down to "the good of society" instead of "the good of the people". I am to the point now that every time I hear the phrase "for the children" or "for the world" I grab my wallet and a copy of the Constitution... both are going to be in perilous danger.

Society doesn't need anyone's help, but people do. As soon as we realize this again, it will be a much nicer world to live in.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Most gays I've known were Christian.

Annee, I've observed a lot of Christian-bashers here but you really take the cake. I can't tell if you are bashing Christians by suggesting most of them are gay, or are you trying to bash gays for being Christian here? But I suspect your message is really "All Christians are evil hypocrites unless they are gay".
edit on 4-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

Being 65 - - growing up - - I also experienced from others hate for Jews - - hate for Blacks - - anyone "different".

Does that include any other groups? Like, say, southerners? How about Native Americans? Oh, wait, don't forget Catholics... Mormons... Protestants... Muslims...

Which of those groups is denied Equal Rights?

NOM is the KKK of today.

Annee... I must agree with you... I have a sister, a son, a grandson, a niece by marriage and actually several good friends, both men and women who are gay. I also have friends and acquaintances who are Bi too.
Now, I myself am not gay, or bi, but I didn't have a choice what I was either. I was born by my mother and father as I am.
Everyone was born as they are and no one gets to choose who or what they are as a fact.

NOM, is as you say, the KKK of today.

I say lets forget prejudice and bigotry and stop fighting amongest ourselves over issues of which we have NO control or cannot change and focus on the reality of getting off this rock before the next ELE.

Please let me add this too... having been raised in a small community, in a baptist church where I was told constantly by everyone cept my parents, 'this is right', 'this is wrong' and when I asked I always got the same answer, 'because the bible says so'... so had I not pulled myself from this attempt to brain wash me, I would be one of those spouting religious doctrine and 'you must believe because the bible says so'...

I don't dislike folks for their religious opinions and I respect them... but I'm sick of so many attempting to shoove religion down my throat.

Religion has not been proven, and has not been disproven.
Personal belief is fact.
Choose what you like, like what you choose... just don't try to force it on anyone else... respect their belief...

edit on 4-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add too

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No one's.

The constitution guarantees all Americans the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Does someone being gay take your right to life away? Does it take your personal liberties away? Does it directly block you from pursuing your own path to happiness?

If your ultimate happiness in life would require others to live the way you see fit, then you would be encroaching on their rights. You have the right to think and believe speak what you like. But when you try to force those views on others, then you're overstepping your bounds.

Million moms can think what they want, live how they want and they can stomp their feet and protest all they want. But by actively pursuing their goals, they are stomping all over the rights of who they are trying to bring down.

It goes the other way, too. If a gay person were to come to my home and preach to me how awesome it is and give me lists of reasons why I should become gay...they're getting the door slammed in their face. I don't see that happening here at all. I see a person who was hired by a private company to do a job. I see a group actively protesting against this, vehemently trying to take that job away from them simply because of how that person chooses to live their life. Who's stepping on whose rights?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You will be surprised what changes these idiots have already been successful in changing.

They really peeved me when they got 3 sponsers to drop ads from Rescue Me.

Check out the link for thier `SUCCESS www.onemillionmoms.com...

Funny how these sorts of women take action for 'the sake of their children' but all these things involve not being around their children.

These are women with husbands wealthy or high-income enough that they don't have to go out and get jobs but I suspect these women wish they were out working.

Not as a grocery store cashier of course, but they all wish they'd gone into some sort of high-powered career instead. Maybe they didn't want to spend the time paying their dues doing low-level stuff first, maybe careers aren't what women do in their realm, idk. But I do find activism is often an outlet for frustrated wannbe careerists.

what do you have against those mothers that embrace motherhood as a choice.
More bigotry and ingorance. Too bad for you young lady, you have alot to figure out in the years to come with the daycare and estrangement you will feel when your children love your nanny more than you because of that familiarity and bonding that mothers and children share.
I project a lonely existance of endless father figures and sociopathic men in your future. I don't wish it, but expect it as those charming men that prey on independant women are waiting for you with open arms.
But at least you will have a career and that ever so appealing life of independance from a male/female relationship that leads to a family life where mother is a role as well as father.
mother/mother for you? mother/sociopath? what? It's sad that your loneliness needs to be expressed by denigrating those roles.
You sound like a cigarrete comercial from the 70's.You've come a long way baby.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join