It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by DrChuck

Originally posted by Annee

Funny (not) - - my mom became a minority in the '51 polio epidemic. Guess who was one of the major objectors to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Christian Church. They didn't think it was cost effective to have to modify their churches. This is fact.

This such a blatant hateful lie. Please stop blanketing Christians to further your agenda. The Christian Church and the ACSI are two different things. To say that The Christian Church objected to the ADA is like saying the entire Muslim population attacked the Twin Towers.

I don't care whether you like it or not Dr Chuck.

It is a fact.

so, as a fact I can show you your posts in the chick-fil-e thread where you took the opposite stance in protesting an establishment for personal ideals that make you a complete hypocrite and your opinion means nothing due to this obvious bias.
That is a fact and they are your words and posts. You are an anti-christian, anti-family hypocrite that changes the rules to suit your agenda.
That's a fact, correct? I don't ask other than it being rhetorical because the threads are there for anyone to compare.
We don't have to pretend to know, you tell us. So, is your stance on protesting an establishment correct in the chick-fil-e thread accurate, or is it this thread?
And you keep forgetting to sig heil at the beginning and the end of your demonizations.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

"One Million Moms" that's a lot of moms!... whats the milf %?.. gotta be at least 50-50 that's 500k milfs!

wow-eeee !!

You sir , are probably the reason they turned gay.

edit on 4-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I read it :-)

that all you got?

she's calling out the Christians behind all this bigotry

she is NOT criticizing or condemning all Christians

sometimes we see what we want to see - don't we?
edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: sometimes I don't get how stuff works

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by spaceg0at

You sir , are probably the reason they turned gay.

2nd.

HA HA !!! thats the spirit !!

BRAVO !!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

No, these women state they want her out of the position because she doesn't represent their values as customers. I say that is fair enough. If I am running a redneck bar, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find a punch of protesting customers if I were to paint pictures of Rosie O'Donnell on the wall.

A redneck bar is full of rednecks. There are lots of JC Pennys customers of different viewpoints. Who are these moms to try and speak for all of us by getting rid of Ellen DeGeneres?

Look, you can scream "equal rights" all day long, but as long as you are also screaming against equal rights for others, don't expect one single thing to change. The racial tensions have been brought up, so I will use that very apt era for an example. There was this TV show back then called Star Trek; you may have heard of it. In that show, there was this beautiful actress named Nichelle Nichols, a black lady who played the role of Lieutenant Uhura, the Chief Communications Officer and a member of the Command Crew. Such was unheard of at the time, for a black person to be in a "white" show. But not only was she accepted in that role, she was admired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. himself and and was involved in the first interracial kissing scene on national TV (Plato's Stepchildren). Never once do I remember her calling attention to the fact she was black in that show. Never once did she act as though she was anything more or less than she was. And she was accepted.

I would argue that the audience for Star Trek was originally a fairly intellectual crowd, and much more liberal - Not a bunch of rednecks. Now, if you saw an interracial kiss on Gunsmoke, I'd bet you would have heard an uproar like you wouldn't believe.

I see little to no widespread racism around now, save perhaps for a few tiny remnants of White Supremest groups that are looked upon with disdain by everyone else regardless of color.

And why do you think that is? Do you think people just woke up one day and decided not to be racist? It took a long time fighting racists and raising awareness to get to the point we are now with equal rights for blacks and a better attitude toward them. There was a lot of marching, protesting, letter writing (remember the internet wasn't around for us to speak our mind). It was hard work, but activists finally wore the racists down.

If someone wants to be equal, the first step is to show one's equality, not to press for superiority.

How are gays supposed to show their equality, when the state won't allow them a marriage license and people like these "moms" try to take away their right to earn a living? Who says gays are trying to be superior?

In the end, rights granted by some government don't make you equal anyway. You are born equal. As long as you realize that and act as though you are an equal, you will be treated as an equal.

I really don't understand this. How are gays supposed to "act equal"? They tried to do that in the military, and got the "don't ask, don't tell" treatment. Thank goodness that got fought and taken down, but it was only taken down because it was fought.

But as long as you protest, cry for governmental involvement on your behalf, and complain about how you are less than equal, you will be treated as less than equal. Point out the problems and let society address them instead of acting like five-year-olds throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their way, or accept being treated like five-year-olds.

The civil rights movement was also a cry for government involvement, and also a raising awareness campaign. It worked. The gay rights movement will work as well. We won't be quiet and we won't give up until things are changed.

edit on 4-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I really don't care. Let them waste their time protesting. They can't legally fire her just for being gay so whatever... All is well.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I don't really get why people dislike gay people? I mean who cares who she has sex with or falls in love with?

How does that make a person bad?

And to all the bible thumpers, all sins are equal in your God's eyes and all humans sin, so thats not even a valid excuse to hate someone.

Woman on Woman is alright, I mean come on..

But Man on Man... now your just asking for trouble..

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus I am much more open minded than you.

Uh huh

You are guided by your hatred of your Christian up-bringing, not by your love of humanity.

LOL

I had the greatest Christian upbringing ever. As I've said my mom was disabled with polio. So neighbors took me to church. It was a white middle class Christian neighborhood. I went to several different Christian/Catholic/Mormon churches - - with several neighbors. They all took great care of me and made sure everything was positive.

New Age LOL

I was raised with metaphysics and all that stuff back in the 50s. One of my mom's friends was close friends with Gina Cerminara. My mom was one of the original members of Norman Vincent Peale's Religious Science Church of positive thinking in Los Angeles.

Again - - - please tell me this is about hating Christians.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i just have one question for these million protesting milfs...

who is making dinner?

i kid.. i kid...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Obviously , homosexuality goes against human kind.

A pole and a pole generally wont fit and a hole and hole probably wont fit.

Egg and an egg does not fertilize - semen and semen will not fertilize. You are going against the human species , and are not contributing to reproduction. It is obviously wrong and it would be harmful to the species , not including the mass STDs that dominate the homosexuality community , but you arent producing offspring. Though now we have plenty of people reproducing .. for now any way.

Should be common sense. Homosexuality is not natural. When you are younger , it is one thing. As you get older , that experimentation stage for simple pleasure should be done.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Should be common sense. Homosexuality is not natural. When you are younger , it is one thing. As you get older , that experimentation stage for simple pleasure should be done.

I am so tired of the ignorance.

It isn't even worth correcting anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Good. Do not correct me. It is unnatural to the human species.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Double post ..

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

No, these women state they want her out of the position because she doesn't represent their values as customers. I say that is fair enough. If I am running a redneck bar, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find a punch of protesting customers if I were to paint pictures of Rosie O'Donnell on the wall.

A redneck bar is full of rednecks. There are lots of JC Pennys customers of different viewpoints. Who are these moms to try and speak for all of us by getting rid of Ellen DeGeneres?

So what you are saying that people shouldn't be able to protest? As long as that person is a homosexual we all should shut up. Some people don't like homosexuality, meh - they have the right to bitch and moan the same as the rest of us.

Look, you can scream "equal rights" all day long, but as long as you are also screaming against equal rights for others, don't expect one single thing to change. The racial tensions have been brought up, so I will use that very apt era for an example. There was this TV show back then called Star Trek; you may have heard of it. In that show, there was this beautiful actress named Nichelle Nichols, a black lady who played the role of Lieutenant Uhura, the Chief Communications Officer and a member of the Command Crew. Such was unheard of at the time, for a black person to be in a "white" show. But not only was she accepted in that role, she was admired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. himself and and was involved in the first interracial kissing scene on national TV (Plato's Stepchildren). Never once do I remember her calling attention to the fact she was black in that show. Never once did she act as though she was anything more or less than she was. And she was accepted.

I would argue that the audience for Star Trek was originally a fairly intellectual crowd, and much more liberal - Not a bunch of rednecks. Now, if you saw an interracial kiss on Gunsmoke, I'd bet you would have heard an uproar like you wouldn't believe.

Again, you only feel people should protest as long as it meets your requirements.

I see little to no widespread racism around now, save perhaps for a few tiny remnants of White Supremest groups that are looked upon with disdain by everyone else regardless of color.

And why do you think that is? Do you think people just woke up one day and decided not to be racist? It took a long time fighting racists and raising awareness to get to the point we are now with equal rights for blacks and a better attitude toward them. There was a lot of marching, protesting, letter writing (remember the internet wasn't around for us to speak our mind). It was hard work, but activists finally wore the racists down.

If someone wants to be equal, the first step is to show one's equality, not to press for superiority.

How are gays supposed to show their equality, when the state won't allow them a marriage license and people like these "moms" try to take away their right to earn a living? Who says gays are trying to be superior?

Most of us moderates on this issue could care less if gays want to get married. Have fun with being married.

In the end, rights granted by some government don't make you equal anyway. You are born equal. As long as you realize that and act as though you are an equal, you will be treated as an equal.

I really don't understand this. How are gays supposed to "act equal"? They tried to do that in the military, and got the "don't ask, don't tell" treatment. Thank goodness that got fought and taken down, but it was only taken down because it was fought.

But as long as you protest, cry for governmental involvement on your behalf, and complain about how you are less than equal, you will be treated as less than equal. Point out the problems and let society address them instead of acting like five-year-olds throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their way, or accept being treated like five-year-olds.

The civil rights movement was also a cry for government involvement, and also a raising awareness campaign. It worked. The gay rights movement will work as well. We won't be quiet and we won't give up until things are changed.

edit on 4-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

What do homosexuals want? Can someone spell it out for me? Is it the marriage issue? Fine, get married. If it is an issue with some people not liking homosexuals - well, tough. Just deal with it. People are A-HOLES and always will be.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why homosexuals call themselves 'gay'??
''Blind leading the blind'' sums up people who are supporting homosexual behaviour.
On one hand we have fundamental christians who mostly don't know what they are talking about and on the other hand there are christians who always quote the Bible out of context to justify their immoral behaviour.
Yep, that pretty much sums up christianity.
Gandhi was bang on.
It's normal to sin but it is a greater sin support the sin.
Hey, i am not a Christian and english ain't my native language.
thanx...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I will say it again: I have no issue with Ms. Degeneres' sexuality. But these people apparently do, and it is as much their right to protest this appointment as it was supporters of the California fiasco's right to protest against the Mormon church's activities. Fair is fair.

you're preaching to the choir Redneck - you could have saved yourself some writing :-)

but I get that you have something to say - and you're choosing here and now to say it

not sure why you're even so involved in this thread - but I applaud most of what you're saying

I am loving this Gazillionmommiesagainstpeepswejustdon'tlike group - I had never even heard of them before today

I love that they have the freedom to write their letters, post their posts, march on national department store and make their demands - this is still America - yay!

but what I love most is that JCPenny came back with a resounding: tough

your fight is not with me Redneck

I was mostly just trying to be funny :-)

(I know that's not always obvious)

edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I read it :-)

that all you got?

she's calling out the Christians behind all this bigotry

she is NOT criticizing or condemning all Christians

sometimes we see what we want to see - don't we?
edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: sometimes I don't get how stuff works

oh sometimes WE do don't WE!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by TheRedneck

I will say it again: I have no issue with Ms. Degeneres' sexuality. But these people apparently do, and it is as much their right to protest this appointment as it was supporters of the California fiasco's right to protest against the Mormon church's activities. Fair is fair.

you're preaching to the choir Redneck - you could have saved yourself some writing :-)

but I get that you have something to say - and you're choosing here and now to say it

not sure why you're even so involved in this thread - but I applaud most of what you're saying

I am loving this Gazillionmommiesagainstpeepswejustdon'tlike group - I had never even heard of them before today

I love that they have the freedom to write their letters, post their posts, march on national department store and makes their demands - this is still America - yay!

but what I love most is that JCPenny came back with a resounding: tough

your fight is not with me Redneck

I was mostly just trying to be funny :-)

(I know that's not always obvious)

edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Did you support the OWS marches against Capitlalists? I'd love to hear this if you did.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!,

Maybe OWS should come out against Gay people?
They'd attract a bigger crowd.

Just an observation is all

Peoples prioritizes these days are all screwed up IMO.
edit on 4-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join