It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
It all boils down to "the good of society" instead of "the good of the people". I am to the point now that every time I hear the phrase "for the children" or "for the world" I grab my wallet and a copy of the Constitution... both are going to be in perilous danger.

Society doesn't need anyone's help, but people do. As soon as we realize this again, it will be a much nicer world to live in.

Make no mistakes, the 'People' makes up 'society' and that's what the Constitution is for. The only danger to the People/Society/Constitution is how those in power interprete or misinterprete it to suit personal agendas.

It will be a nicer world if we can honestly, sincerely, without fear or favor, discuss, debate and come out with rational solutions to issues so that all or the majority may live in at least peace if not in harmony, instead of running away.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

Haha, I hope this doesn't come off too hot to be considered a flame. Gays protest discrimination against them because they are gay. This protest is discriminating against gays. BIG DIFFERENCE. One is done through hate. Can you tell me which one is done through hatred? Even if hatred is too strong of a term, lets call it dislike, same thing, discrimination/bias against someone who is gay. And it's not as if it was a gay woman hired to get womans size measurements, touching them and making them uncomfortable due to their biases. No, it's a funny lady doing commercials. I understand it is hard to tell the difference between free speech protests and those that are actually attacks on minorities or such. It would be different if they were protesting JP Penny hiring her 'because she is gay' or if they were protesting against special treatment. Thats not hate.

I, as a man, am much like you in that I don't care one iota about JC Pennys. I wouldn't care if a gay man took my in-seam measurements because they most likely know what they are doing. I wouldn't be any more afraid that they would cop a feel more than any other man. It does make me sad fo Ellen, because I think she is a great person. She has never been indeecent in public that I know of.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Most gays I've known were Christian.

Annee, I've observed a lot of Christian-bashers here but you really take the cake. I can't tell if you are bashing Christians by suggesting most of them are gay, or are you trying to bash gays for being Christian here? But I suspect your message is really "All Christians are evil hypocrites unless they are gay".
edit on 4-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

either you're not reading - or you're just being dishonest

she's not bashing Christians - but she has put a face on this particular form of bigotry

you know exactly what she's saying - you're the one playing games

have an honest argument - or have none

what say you?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What if S&M is one's happiness? What if killing others is one's happiness? Where then do we draw the line on the Constitutional term 'Happiness' as defined back in a more moralistic protestant america of the 17th Century?

S&M? Hey, if you're into it, have at it. Doesn't effect me one bit. But I can't believe I"m actually responding to your murder analogy.

I really would like to know how someone you don't know and has no direct contact with you or your family has any effect whatsoever on your pursuit of happiness in your own life? Did a gay person kill someone in your family? If so, the problem isn't that they're gay, it's that they're a murderer. Murder directly encroaches on the pursuit of happiness in their victim's life. Your point is stupid.
edit on 4-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: affect? effect? bah.

Do you think the poster child for S&M should be the advertising representative for say KinderCare or do you think that would be offensive to too many people?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Homosexuality is an abomination and a sin, it is unnatural. It is a disease whose cure will be found soon. The only reason the DSM-IV removed homosexuality from the manual was because the head guy was gay. It was a political decision and not a medical one.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hey... I almost forgot... someone back early in this post researched and posted a fact.

There are no "Million Moms"... if I recall, less than 800 actually.

Grade school sports activities have more attendees than this misrepresented protest.

Let them protest, we let neo nazis and skin heads protest.

I believe I read back a page or so that JCPennys told them in effect to piss off... good for JCPennys...

The issue here is if there is a hidden agenda... i.e. promoting NOM, a group prove to be as radical and as deceitful as, lets see, who shall I offend??? the KKK is a good choice as no one seems to care much for them... rightly so... so I can see how this "fake" million mom protest is driven by NOM.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

vehemently trying to take that job away from them simply because of how that person chooses to live their life. Who's stepping on whose rights?

And OWS didn't do that to ordinary people in NY trying to get to their jobs? Did you oppose OWS doing that? I wonder.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Question is, whose personal or societal rights would be encroached if homosexuality is a happiness to be pursued?

No one's.

The constitution guarantees all Americans the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Does someone being gay take your right to life away? Does it take your personal liberties away? Does it directly block you from pursuing your own path to happiness?

If your ultimate happiness in life would require others to live the way you see fit, then you would be encroaching on their rights. You have the right to think and believe speak what you like. But when you try to force those views on others, then you're overstepping your bounds.

Million moms can think what they want, live how they want and they can stomp their feet and protest all they want. But by actively pursuing their goals, they are stomping all over the rights of who they are trying to bring down.

It goes the other way, too. If a gay person were to come to my home and preach to me how awesome it is and give me lists of reasons why I should become gay...they're getting the door slammed in their face. I don't see that happening here at all. I see a person who was hired by a private company to do a job. I see a group actively protesting against this, vehemently trying to take that job away from them simply because of how that person chooses to live their life. Who's stepping on whose rights?

Thanks for your response.

1. Your answer to my question was 'none', meaning no one's right is encrouched upon when happiness of homosexuality is pursued.

Fine enough, so long as they 'keep to themselves', as you answered further down in your post.

Today, we know that homosexuals form only a minority. Let's extrapoliate it over time as more seek such form of 'Happiness', as portrayed by various media celebrities, whom are fully capable of influencing many a young mind, - birth rates would certainly plunge, then would a society be 'Happy' when such a stage comes, to see their nation becoming extinct after so much effort, toil, sweat and blood to build it up by founding and forefathers, as Japan will soon be?

2. Economic sanctions are not acts of war or the removal of anyone's right. It is instead an excercise of one's free-will consumer right to support or not to support a free market trading establishment. No one is shot if they have no wish to follow such sanctions. Those concerned mothers had done nothing wrong on personal or societal constitutional level.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Your signature.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Please let me know when you switch back to Macy's (or Wal-mart depending on whatever)

Wow - depending on whatever?

Why, whatever could you mean?

J.C. Penny - is as American as it gets. They have been around forever. They are a business - and they're in it for the money

They hired her for a reason. While I would love to believe they did it for only the very bestest and most noble of reasons - I know they hired her because they believed it would make them - more money

so, here's the thing - it's about the public - and giving the public what it wants

guess what that means? :-)

the times - they are a changing

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of all the discussions that went into this choice - the pie charts - the surveys - must have been something

In the end - they went with Ellen - and for now at least they are sticking to their guns. I'm prepared to be disappointed - life is like that sometimes...

But, as I just told a friend of mine - I'm writing an actual letter to J.C. Penny. Sometimes this sort of thing has more impact than the things we actually get to vote for - I want them to know that I like them

:-)

the court of public opinion is a fascinating place - isn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So the OWS was really a protest about how people live their personal lives? It wasn't about corruption and theft within our government?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Im in the healthcare field, I know what I am talking about

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

reply to post by Annee

Annee, I've observed a lot of Christian-bashers here but you really take the cake. I can't tell if you are bashing Christians by suggesting most of them are gay, or are you trying to bash gays for being Christian here? But I suspect your message is really "All Christians are evil hypocrites unless they are gay".

she's not bashing Christians - but she has put a face on this particular form of bigotry

what say you?

Oh sorry, if you didn't see her ENTIRE post, then it would seem out of context.

Quote by Annee

I grew up Christian. I spent 60 years searching for god - - resulting in Atheism. It is lack of what I found - - rather then what I found. Hatred of God and church because of how you were treated - - or how you perceived you were treated - - is not the right reason to turn against it IMO.

There is more then just God belief - - IMO when it comes to Fundamental Christians. There's ignorance - fear - control - anger - etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Do you think the poster child for S&M should be the advertising representative for say KinderCare or do you think that would be offensive to too many people?

Since when is being offended anyone else's problem other than the people being offended? Are they a known pedofile? Then no, it wouldn't be offensive to ME, as long as it was something they did outside of their work for KinderCare. If it would be offensive to you, then that's your issue to deal with. Are you saying Ellen is a poster child for lesbians and during her job working for J.C. Penny, she is somehow going to be all gay with the customers?

I hate getting involved in these conversations, yet I get sucked in every time. Anyway, I have to go do stuff, so have fun. One day, I hope the human beings of this earth can live in harmony without fear of being judged for who they are. It's a pipe dream, I know, but I still have hope.
edit on 4-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Homosexuality is an abomination and a sin, it is unnatural. It is a disease whose cure will be found soon.

Says who?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

And to carry it further, the people protesting JC Penney have the right to say whatever they want as well. That's what I love about America, everyone can just freely bitch about everyone and everything, even if you are bitching about other people bitching about you.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

No, these women state they want her out of the position because she doesn't represent their values as customers. I say that is fair enough. If I am running a redneck bar, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find a punch of protesting customers if I were to paint pictures of Rosie O'Donnell on the wall.

Is it because Rosie is gay? Only partially; it is because Rosie is fat, ugly, angry, stupid, untalented, gay, irritating, self-righteous, and apparently proud of all the above.

Look, you can scream "equal rights" all day long, but as long as you are also screaming against equal rights for others, don't expect one single thing to change. The racial tensions have been brought up, so I will use that very apt era for an example. There was this TV show back then called Star Trek; you may have heard of it. In that show, there was this beautiful actress named Nichelle Nichols, a black lady who played the role of Lieutenant Uhura, the Chief Communications Officer and a member of the Command Crew. Such was unheard of at the time, for a black person to be in a "white" show. But not only was she accepted in that role, she was admired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. himself and and was involved in the first interracial kissing scene on national TV (Plato's Stepchildren). Never once do I remember her calling attention to the fact she was black in that show. Never once did she act as though she was anything more or less than she was. And she was accepted.

Fast forward to today: what little racism is left typically occurs around attempts to remove it by force (Affirmative Action, black rights groups, etc.) I see little to no widespread racism around now, save perhaps for a few tiny remnants of White Supremest groups that are looked upon with disdain by everyone else regardless of color. Now we have the gay rights movements who are stubbornly trying to pass laws and demand equality... and at the same time both belittling and trying to suppress anyone who disagrees with them.

That's wrong; that's pointless; that's self-destructive.

If someone wants to be equal, the first step is to show one's equality, not to press for superiority. Every attempt to change societal values is won or lost based on how the change is presented. It must be accepted by the people as both fair and needed. Fair means that the tactics used to promote it are accepted as a means to deny it. Needed means there must be a lack of fairness built into society that cannot be overcome any other way.

There has been much progress on the latter point, but the former has a long way to go.

I will say it again: I have no issue with Ms. Degeneres' sexuality. But these people apparently do, and it is as much their right to protest this appointment as it was supporters of the California fiasco's right to protest against the Mormon church's activities. Fair is fair.

In the end, rights granted by some government don't make you equal anyway. You are born equal. As long as you realize that and act as though you are an equal, you will be treated as an equal. But as long as you protest, cry for governmental involvement on your behalf, and complain about how you are less than equal, you will be treated as less than equal. Point out the problems and let society address them instead of acting like five-year-olds throwing temper tantrums when they don't get their way, or accept being treated like five-year-olds.

Just as these "Million Women" are about to find out.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
this generation of woman dont know how to sew, cook, clean, garden, do anything anymore.

but they have time to gather and complain.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

reply to post by Annee

what say you?

Thank you.

Do the NOM Fundamentalist Christians - - view gays as individuals? Nope. They "blanket" the whole lot. Guess its OK when they do it.

This is the last major minority prejudice. Its time to end it with Equal Rights.

Funny (not) - - my mom became a minority in the '51 polio epidemic. Guess who was one of the major objectors to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Christian Church. They didn't think it was cost effective to have to modify their churches. This is fact.

NOM and other similar groups are Hate groups. Some have even been officially declared Hate groups.

They do nothing positive for marriage. Their entire reason for being is to stop gay marriage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again - - most of the gays I have known are Christian. Gays are not going to end Christianity. Accepting gays as God made them - - is not going to end Christianity.

There are many Christians fighting for gays to have Equal Rights. There are Christian denominations who have opened their doors to gays.

This is NOT Christian bashing.

Last year polls for the first time showed 51% of people in America accept gays and gay rights. We are moving in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
JcPenny should be like "If you have problems with gay people then we don't want you in the store anyway"

I bet their profits would soar.
All gay people though, not that that's a bad thing. They buy stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join