It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

You are correct sir.

I like JCPenney (small town America's option to Wal-Mart clothing). I like Ellen, she's funny and not unappealing, so a worthy spokeswoman; homosexuality is irrelevant. I also like folks from the religious-right (moral "minority" these days). They have every right to non-violently protest. If they boycott JCPenney, then so be it. The only problem is that they will probably take their business to Wal-Mart.

In a decade or so every store may become Wal-Mart. Like the movie Demolition Man where every restaurant is Taco Bell.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

I absolutely agree

and J.C. Penny just told them - all 'one million' of them - to shut up and go away

:-)

that's how this stuff works

I might just start shopping at J.C. Penny - seriously
edit on 2/4/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: sometimes I make typos when I'm laughing

Please let me know when you switch back to Macy's (or Wal-mart depending on whatever)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
By the way I support someone's First Amendment right to be a complete a-hole and boycott people they don't agree with or like....but GEEZUZ you would think people would make better use of their time?

And I thought JC Penny was extinct until this article. Holy $20 dollar Mom Jeans Batman!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Oh I posted before I read yours, but mine's a slight variation.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

homosexuality is irrelevant.

I just thought that should be said again.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You know, if people want to get together and protest something, more power to 'em....but I have to shake my head and wonder, of all the atrocities and crimes done by our government, the unjust wars started for profit, the obscene bailout of criminal banks and corporations, the collapse of the house market, the destruction of our manufacturing base, record unemployment, and not a peep from this demographic.

But put a lesbian as a spokesperson for JC Penney, and these pea-hens go nuts.

Ellen is also a spokesperson for Cover Girl makeup.....I didn't hear about any protests concerning a lesbian shilling cheap makeup.

I'm confused. I'll bet those "million moms" are too, they were probably told by somebody with a huge chip on their shoulder and recruited via facebook. This smacks more of mob mentality and less of some people actually taking a stand for a belief, because if they were that tweaked out over a lesbian spokesperson, they would boycott Cover Girl too.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

The constitution guarantees all Americans the right to pursuit of happiness in our own lives. What if being gay is someone's ultimate happiness? Happiness isn't inherit or created, it's obtained, so when you get right down to it, the whole "you're born gay" "you choose to be gay" argument is moot.

Seriously, who cares?

What if S&M is one's happiness? What if killing others is one's happiness? Where then do we draw the line on the Constitutional term 'Happiness' as defined back in a more moralistic protestant america of the 17th Century?

There is more to homosexuality, either 'in the genes', or caused by environmental factors which should discussed openly without fear, anger or favor. I doubt if they had hurt anyone in their choice. The only problem lays in the 'choice' factor.

Question is - can mankind afford such a choice?

I doubt if all humanity will turn to such a choice overnight. The fear is over time.

Make that wrong choice, and there will be nothing left of our species, let alone the economic repercussions, such as Japan today is facing with low birth rates and high numbers of aged whom had contributed to the success of japan, but will be left on the wayside soon...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
I've been a member here at ATS for years. I log on every single day and get my news updates to find out whats really going on in the world today. I've noticed that as the years have progressed, so has the hate and immoral judgment of the entire world. Jesus taught us to love the person and despise the sin.... no matter the sin! No one is perfect. So when I read all these people on here bashing each other because of their beliefs then that makes me lose faith in humanity. These new agers who believe we are advancing spirirtually are fooling themselves and are the blind leading the blind. They say to just accept this gay movement and to just get with the times!, its a new era and you need to just let that old belief system go. I say this, Just because our technology is advancing doesn't mean we are as a spiritual race. We are degrading fast. No one holds true to core values anymore and this next generation is just as if not more vile, immoral, violent, envious, back stabing, slanderous, and hate filled as the hundreds before. You are just as foolish if you believe any different. The law of entropy is hard at work in all forms of our lives. "Do not judge, or you will be judged." Jesus Christ.

Would you say the exact same thing about civil rights? People believed that blacks were inferior, that they did not deserve the same rights as everyone else. Other people knew this was wrong and fought them. There was a lot of passion, and yes, some anger on the part of the civil rights activists. Are you saying the civil rights movement was wrong, and we should go back to the good old days when blacks were "put in their place"? Is that the type of "core value" you want brought back?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's what people who like to protest need to hear....NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK! GET A LIFE!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

She has a right to signify what kind of society she wants to live and raise her children in. Why don't you get a hobby? Live and let live.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
They'll moan about someone being gay in advertising and how it 'could' corrupt their children but when it comes to someone actually killing their kids by either sending them off to illegal wars or poisoning them with chemicals and artificial additives these 1 million mothers are suspiciously quiet?
Go figure.....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

What a bunch of bigots that starred this post.

So you immediately stereotype a bunch of women as bitter and bored for doing this?

Who said they aren't professional women who work full time?

So are the anti gay churches bitter and bored too?

What happened to the ATS mantra of protecting freedom of speech?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I really agree with what you are saying all through this post. I see JC Penney's move to hire Ellen more as a way to increase their sales/profit/market share than that of endorsing gayness. Of course she is extremely high profile so if JC Penney were a politician it might be pandering a bit...but it really is no different than Disney putting Ellen on display in their Energy Ride at EPCOT. In fact, Disney has long been an icon of the family. So, like Disney, will this move increase their sales by adding more people or decrease it by making it's base mad. Oh, sound familiar???
edit on 4-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Duskangels
I've been a member here at ATS for years. I log on every single day and get my news updates to find out whats really going on in the world today. I've noticed that as the years have progressed, so has the hate and immoral judgment of the entire world. Jesus taught us to love the person and despise the sin.... no matter the sin! No one is perfect. So when I read all these people on here bashing each other because of their beliefs then that makes me lose faith in humanity. These new agers who believe we are advancing spirirtually are fooling themselves and are the blind leading the blind. They say to just accept this gay movement and to just get with the times!, its a new era and you need to just let that old belief system go. I say this, Just because our technology is advancing doesn't mean we are as a spiritual race. We are degrading fast. No one holds true to core values anymore and this next generation is just as if not more vile, immoral, violent, envious, back stabing, slanderous, and hate filled as the hundreds before. You are just as foolish if you believe any different. The law of entropy is hard at work in all forms of our lives. "Do not judge, or you will be judged." Jesus Christ.

You said it. The acceptance of gayness is really just about these people wanting to be trendy and fit in and seem cool to their peers. But we are not advancing as beings. Entropy is really happening big time! The spiritual laws that will save us are timeless and one of them is truth and the truth is homosexuality is not normal and not healthy. Peace to you, sister.

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by kaylaluv

wipe gays off the planet, that's a good one.
keep em' coming. we need humor in this thread

Are you not aware that tv is the mind control tool of all time?
Come on allready.
Whta is shown on tv is the frontline battle for childrens minds....But go ahead, keep watching what the social programmers want to implant.But for these moms, they get it.....for the most part.
edit on 4-2-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

moms and dads are a hate group?
Or is it because I differ with your personal form of bigotry?

Ok - you've made your position known. You are a member of a hate group. Good luck with that.

link   
The pursuit of happiness does not allow for violence towards others. As long as one is not harming another nor infringing on anyone's property rights, it is (or at least should be) wide-open for interpretation.

edit: S&M should be ok as long as the whipping boy is volunteering. So it that's your thing, then go for it.
edit on 4-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
BTW I am a soccer mum and I have no problem with Ellen.

There are 82 million mothers in this country. you are talking about 1 million.

They hardly represent the opinion of the majority.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

She is not GAY, she is a boring homosexual woman, nothing gay about her.
She dresses like a man and is openly trying to not be a woman.

So what. Does anybody tell you what to wear or how to act? People are allowed in this world to be whomever they want to be.

"Freedom to express oneself"

Whatever happened to that?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What if S&M is one's happiness? What if killing others is one's happiness? Where then do we draw the line on the Constitutional term 'Happiness' as defined back in a more moralistic protestant america of the 17th Century?

S&M? Hey, if you're into it, have at it. Doesn't effect me one bit. But I can't believe I"m actually responding to your murder analogy.

I really would like to know how someone you don't know and has no direct contact with you or your family has any effect whatsoever on your pursuit of happiness in your own life? Did a gay person kill someone in your family? If so, the problem isn't that they're gay, it's that they're a murderer. Murder directly encroaches on the pursuit of happiness in their victim's life. Your point is stupid.
edit on 4-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: affect? effect? bah.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'd imagine the phrase 'Speaking as a mother' has been said many times, in a patronising and superior tone of voice, what a bunch of homophobic w@nkers :-)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join