It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Citation for Contempt of Court- Now Moving Through Judiciary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Once again, the issue is not that he was or was not born in Hawaii, the issue is that his father was Kenyan and a British citizen under the British Nationality Act,.

NO, the issue is all the other attempt to prove the same thing have failed, so you
are trying to find another theory to bridge that failure.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh I justread the article in Obamareleaseyourrecords and the statement of the judge. Wow, maybe the Chicago Obamafia did get to him.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Maybe its just that he was born an American citizen on American soil.

Thus he is a natural born citizen.

As the judge states.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Once again, the issue is not that he was or was not born in Hawaii, the issue is that his father was Kenyan and a British citizen under the British Nationality Act,.

NO, the issue is all the other attempt to prove the same thing have failed, so you

No, there have been several different arguments on this. One is that he was not born in H, that he was born in Kenya, and the other is that it matters not where he was born, only that his father cannot confer citizenship status. There is still a difference between native born and natural born.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

As the judge states.

You still don't understand the difference. Natural born means that both parents are US citizens. Obama's father was definitely not a citizen.

You may add The Boston Globe to the growing list of influential media sources who have expressed the opinion that simply being born in the United States does not qualify one to be President. Recently, this blog pointed to a similar opinion in the New York Tribune. These pre-dated Breckenridge Long’s similar opinion as stated in the Chicago Legal News.
Recently, one of my readers uncovered this crucially relevant article published in the Boston Globe on November 9, 1896 by Percy A. Bridgham, aka “The People’s Lawyer“. (Mr. Bridgham’s book, One Thousand Legal Questions Answered by the “People’s Lawyer” of the Boston Daily Globe, can be found in the Harvard Law School library.)
The People’s Lawyer, upon answering a reader’s question regarding the Constitution’s natural born citizen clause, stated:
“The fact that the Constitution says “natural” instead of native shows to my mind that the distinction was thought of and probably discussed. A natural born citizen would be one who by nature, that is by inheritance, so to speak, was a citizen, as distinguished from one who was by nativity or locality of birth a citizen. A child born to Irish parents in Ireland cannot become a citizen except by naturalization, while his brother born in the United States is a native born citizen; the former is neither naturally nor by nativity a citizen, the latter is not naturally, but natively a citizen.”

It’s important to note that, while this article was written two years before the controversial decision in Wong Kim Ark, Bridgham adopts a similar conclusion as Justice Gray did in that case by stating that children born of aliens on US soil are citizens. But Bridgham also states that while these children are “native born” citizens, they are not “natural born” citizens and therefore cannot be President.

naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com... esidential-eligibility/

So, I find it amazing that judge Malahi accepted the cases and made a ruling such as he did.
edit on 3-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No, there have been several different arguments on this. One is that he was not born in H, that he was born in Kenya, and the other is that it matters not where he was born, only that his father cannot confer citizenship status. There is still a difference between native born and natural born.

No, look at the psychology of it, that is the REAL motive and the extent of the outcome...

Obama was born on American soil, he is an American
edit on 3-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh I justread the article in Obamareleaseyourrecords and the statement of the judge. Wow, maybe the Chicago Obamafia did get to him.

Some of the wording sounds like it.

I have seen it before !

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

As the judge states.

You still don't understand the difference. Natural born means that both parents are US citizens. Obama's father was definitely not a citizen.

You are wrong. I understand fully.

There have been challenges and decisions on specific cases to determine Natural Born Citizen.

There is No Way the top ruling body US Supreme Court of our government is going to rule Obama ineligible. Obama is officially born in Hawaii. He is a Natural Born Citizen.

Where his father was born would never stand up to this challenge. The only way it might affect Obama's Natural Born Status - - is if his father was an official foreign diplomat at the time of his birth.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

There is no psychology to this. Please refer to my previous post.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And I've just told you that his parents both need to be citizens. His father never was. While he may be a US citizen at birth in Hi, his father still cannot confer natural born citizenship. at best he has dual citizenship which still amounts to the same result of not being eligible due to the possibility of having conflicting loayalties, which was the entire purpose of the clause to begin with.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

As the judge states.

You are wrong. I understand fully.

There have been challenges and decisions on specific cases to determine Natural Born Citizen.

There is No Way the top ruling body US Supreme Court of our government is going to rule Obama ineligible. Obama is officially born in Hawaii. He is a Natural Born Citizen.

Where his father was born would never stand up to this challenge. The only way it might affect Obama's Natural Born Status - - is if his father was an official foreign diplomat at the time of his birth.

Obama Sr's status as a British citizen under British jurisdiction does have something to do with this.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by mastahunta

There is no psychology to this. Please refer to my previous post.

The people who keep pursuing this birther issue are motivated by psychology, it
has everything to do with why the case against Obama keeps morphing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No, look at the psychology of it, that is the REAL motive and the extent of the outcome...

Obama was born on American soil, he is an American

Real motive? The real motive should be that he has acted unconstitutionally & abhorrently as POTUS. If we had a president that didn't request & sign laws giving himself the power to order assassination, indefinite detention, & torture of any U.S citizen deemed 'suspect' of terrorism; if we had a president who didn't go outside the bounds of congress to order bombings of children and innocents overseas; if we had a president who didn't extend the Patriot Act; if we had a president who didn't make promises while campaigning and then do the complete opposite after taking office --- then, and maybe then we wouldn't need to pursue his standing legally on such a front.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This makes me sad. He is our president. He has an enormous amount of responsibility and he has to make decisions that most people can't comprehend. Not only should he not have to show up, the people filing the suit should be counter sued and put on trial. When the history books are written, we will realize we had one of the rarest presidents in history and we only took him for granted.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Obama Sr's status as a British citizen under British jurisdiction does have something to do with this.

Because of one ruling on a specific case? Which was intermingled with women's rights (vote).

There have been many opportunities for the Supreme Court to make a "Black and White" ruling on who is a Natural Born Citizen. They have not done that. Logically there is reason why they have not done that.

I think its pretty clear that determination of Natural Born was left open ended on purpose. And that its left open to rule on individual specific cases/challenges.

As Obama was Natural Born in Hawaii - - - and previous presidents had non-citizen parents - - - the challenge to Obama is without merit. No legitimate legal court of any real standing would take this case. Because there is no real case.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In case anyone happens to be interested in the primary source, a .gov website, here it is:

OSAH.GA.GOV / Documents/Cases

Interesting how EVERY aspect of this can be traced back to a .gov website.

* Obama's birth certificate available on White House .gov (in 5-layer PhotoShop format)

* Court documents (of cases repeatedly thrown out)

* Recent Court documents stating he failed to appear.

I don't know all the specifics of what these attorneys do or whether Obama or his attorney needs to show up... what I DO know is the birth certificate is a forgery (per Mara Zebest, Author of the PhotoShop User's Guide) and I know that almost nobody I know gives a damn...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

As the judge states.

Incorrect.

The Congressional Research Service has stated that the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion indicates that the term means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth," including any child born "in" the United States (other than to foreign diplomats serving their country), the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements

www.legistorm.com...

If you are born a citizen you are a natural born citizen and thus eligible for office of the President of the United States.

In reply to your later post, Obama does not have dual citizenship as all Kenyan British Citizens became Kenyan Citizens when Kenya became independent. Kenya's constitution does not permit dual citizenship and therefore, because Obama did not renounce his US citizenship, he lost his Kenyan citizenship many, many years ago.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I DO know is the birth certificate is a forgery (per Mara Zebest, Author of the PhotoShop User's Guide) and I know that almost nobody I know gives a damn...

I am so sick of these pseudo experts.

You CAN NOT determine if any document is a fraud from an online copy. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Not exactly legal precedent, but...

William Rawle: A View of the Constitution

"The citizens of each state constituted the citizens of the United States when the Constitution was adopted. The rights which appertained to them as citizens of those respective commonwealths, accompanied them in the formation of the great, compound commonwealth which ensued. They became citizens of the latter, without ceasing to be citizens of the former, and he who was subsequently born a citizen of a state, became at the moment of his birth a citizen of the United States. Therefore every person born within the United States, its territories or districts, whether the parents are citizens or aliens, is a natural born citizen in the sense of the Constitution, and entitled to all the rights and privileges appertaining to that capacity."

Emphasis added.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Contemporary nutjobs asserted that then-Presidential candidate and later President Chester A. Arthur was born in Canada. His mother was an American citizen and his father was an Irish citizen. He was determined eligible to serve and he did.

Obama's case is no different. Regardless of the nationality of his father, his mother was a citizen and he was born on US soil. The later alone makes him a natural born citizen, the former doubly so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join