It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Become a God:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Appreciating all leads to laziness because If you appreciate all as is there is no need for change.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
reply to post by smithjustinb

Indeed we can and the Way to do this is to just Be.

To just Be is the acceptance of the Tao or the Way

Exactly. To just be is to obtain peace which is done by accepting all. But also serve. Because by serving, you are actively participating in the Tao, as you call it. Deny no one of service. Then you will have co-creative power.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Appreciating all leads to laziness because If you appreciate all as is there is no need for change.

There is always something to do and you can appreciate all while doing it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One other thing. This is NOT how you become a god. I don't think anyone on this planet or near it should be concerned with becoming a god...we're just too unstable. Let's give evolution a few more millenia before focusing on being godlike.

By the way... Dios es amor. God is love. If God is love, that should tell you everything you need to know about being god-like.

If you can't figure it out, then it isn't for you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes, I know that the Tao really is peace. All things rise from it, and it flows to all emotions and all life circumstances and you can always find it deep inside.

What I'm saying though, is this: appreciating everything will turn people lazy because if you appreciate all as it is there is no need for change.

I think happiness is god because all beings seek it, and different things make different people happy so maybe that's how God's will is done. And God doesn't discriminate with the human concept of "good" and "evil".

Anyway, I want your opinion on this
edit on 3-2-2012 by arpgme because: For more thoughts

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Appreciate all basically means accepting things that come and not getting mired in bad thoughts or distinctions

It would actually cause more change as one would not cling to over zealous happiness or deep dragging depression..just accept it and go on with what is best.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
One other thing. This is NOT how you become a god. I don't think anyone on this planet or near it should be concerned with becoming a god...we're just too unstable. Let's give evolution a few more millenia before focusing on being godlike.

Yes it is. And to become god-like only happens because you are stable. This is the clear path to stability. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

Appreciation does not mean that. You can even appreciate negative thoughts by saying "I appreciate all of my thoughts and emotions even the bad ones because it helps the good ones feel better".

But, suppose someone is being abused, you would have to appreciate and accept that to, if you "appreciate everything"...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, I know that the Tao really is peace. All things rise from it, and it flows to all emotions and all life circumstances and you can always find it deep inside.

What I'm saying though, is this: appreciating everything will turn people lazy because if you appreciate all as it is there is no need for change.

Change happens regardless of whether or not you appreciate it.

I think happiness is god because all beings seek it, and different things make different people happy so maybe that's how God's will is done. And God doesn't discriminate with the human concept of "good" and "evil".

Anyway, I want your opinion on this
edit on 3-2-2012 by arpgme because: For more thoughts

You are entitled to your opinion. But this kind of thought requires an opposite force to account for sadness, fear, and hatred. There aren't two creators. The one creator creates all these things. Happiness can't create unhappiness. But intellligent energy can create all emotions. God's will will be done whether or not you accept it or not. Whether or not you are happy with it or not. But if you get happy with it, you will have a divine experience.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And God doesn't discriminate with the human concept of "good" and "evil".

Indeed not

“When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.”

It is just merely human distinctions that make these concepts arise.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Indeed not

I don't see what you mean here. I can see all things as beautiful and I can see all things as good.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by baalbuster

Appreciation does not mean that. You can even appreciate negative thoughts by saying "I appreciate all of my thoughts and emotions even the bad ones because it helps the good ones feel better".

But, suppose someone is being abused, you would have to appreciate and accept that to, if you "appreciate everything"...

Thats my definition of what appreciating the Way is and didn't I comment on accepting the positive and negative and just moving on? You basically repeated what I stated about negativity and how appreciating even the negative will let you be free of the quagmire of sadness.

People are abused all over the world everyday since the beginning of time and till the end of time..you can not save them all so you do have to accept it. Bad things will always happen, that can not change.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Indeed not

I don't see what you mean here. I can see all things as beautiful and I can see all things as good.

Well when something is beautiful then we have to have something to compare it to to make it beautiful. If everything is beautiful then they are no longer beautiful, they just "are" because we would have no contrast. If something is hard then it would have to be harder then something else we've compared it to, making the other choice "soft" in contrast. Our distinctions create duality.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

People are abused all over the world everyday since the beginning of time and till the end of time..you can not save them all so you do have to accept it. Bad things will always happen, that can not change.

Yes it can. They are only bad because you say they are.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This article appears to be a pile of crap. If someone ever got to god or angel status they would have their work cut out for them. They would have to deal with a bunch of morons everywhere in the universe that act like us humans. I doubt if anyone here would want that much stress. I don't think Gods have access to Paxil or Zoloft.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Indeed not

Well when something is beautiful then we have to have something to compare it to to make it beautiful. If everything is beautiful then they are no longer beautiful, they just "are" because we would have no contrast.

And the fact of existence is what is beautiful. Therefore, all is beautiful. There doesn't need to be ugly for there to be beauty. I'm seeing all as beautiful right now. Beauty is a choice.

If something is hard then it would have to be harder then something else we've compared it to, making the other choice "soft" in contrast. Our distinctions create duality.

Our distinctions do create duality. But black does not require white to be black. Hot does not require cold to be hot. Happy does not require sad to be happy. Love does not require hate to be love.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I take issue on one small nitpick (and some other miscellany):

There is no will but the will of our creator. So respect free will because any will is God's will. By conforming to God's will, you allow yourself to have a divine experience.

If there is no will but God's will and all is sustained, exists and persists by God's will, then nothing willed is NOT God's will and non-conformance with God is impossible. literally then no matter what you do, think or desire, you are doing God's will. Your actions, thoughts are not your own, therefore "you" are not responsible for them because there is no "you" separate from God and no source separate from God's will that is not in part his will, therefore we are in part God (a/the "God") already. There is nothing new to respect, realize or with which to come into harmony. We are already perfect.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes it can. They are only bad because you say they are.

And they are only good because you say they are...when light is shining on something it will always cast a shadow, light creates its own darkness.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How do you know what Love is without Hate to compare it to?

How would you know what Cold is without Hot to compare it to?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Also, do you have particular tastes in food? How'd you come to like these meals? How'd you know they "tasted good"? and when you ate something that was bitter how did you know it was bitter?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join