It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Become a God:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by smithjustinb
When God's thoughts become your thoughts and you begin to gain insight about what those thoughts mean, then you are seeing through the eyes of God and have therefore attained Godhood.

All is thought. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is one mind. You have a mind and I have a mind, but our minds are not our minds. You have your own thoughts because your brain's organization has dictated that the thoughts arising from the one mind focus to serve your individual purpose. But to serve your individual purpose and to perceive from your perspective takes millions of cellular interactions, none of which are individually aware of what you are actually perceiving. As above, so below.

All you can do is be you, but if you are going to be you, be you to the fullest. By active and willing participation in your own life, you maximize your personal potential. Then, you finally have the ability to move beyond your own personal purpose. When you move beyond your own purpose, all you can move to next is the purpose of the higher mind. You awareness will shift with you. Then you become a prophet.

None of us will be prophets. Man, get a grip on yourself. Since when are you Jesus?

Sometimes.

Stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Admit it's theory, and nothing more. Then move on. Because you're talking about eternal servitude.

It is about as theoretical as life elsewhere in the universe. Sure we have no proof, but anyone with common sense can see that it is likely so.

I thought we'd gotten rid of the slavery wrap. Was I wrong?

To serve a master to sustain his farm is one thing. To serve your creator to sustain your life is another.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by smithjustinb

If you appreciate everything as it is, there is no need for the person to make change. If you are a slave, you should just appreciate being a slave. That is appreciating everything.

Sure. But don't choose to be something else because you don't like what you already are. Choose to be something else because that is what you want to be.

I had long response written out, but I decided to erase it and just put

Who cares?
edit on 7-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

I take issue on one small nitpick (and some other miscellany):

There is no will but the will of our creator. So respect free will because any will is God's will. By conforming to God's will, you allow yourself to have a divine experience.

If there is no will but God's will and all is sustained, exists and persists by God's will, then nothing willed is NOT God's will and non-conformance with God is impossible. literally then no matter what you do, think or desire, you are doing God's will. Your actions, thoughts are not your own, therefore "you" are not responsible for them because there is no "you" separate from God and no source separate from God's will that is not in part his will, therefore we are in part God (a/the "God") already. There is nothing new to respect, realize or with which to come into harmony. We are already perfect.

Yeah sort of. There is always something new. We are made perfect, but we don't harness our potential. We are free to make our own choices, and those choices are God's choices, but its how we are able to live with our choices that makes the difference. Can you accept all or does all make you discontent? Is discontent present? If so, then all you need to do is accept. Once you begin to accept and serve, not only will you become content, you will also live a lifestyle that people don't even believe is possible. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

Another religious nut. Keep reading the Bible, zealot, and keep talking your nonsense. Until you prove beyond a doubt that your theories are correct, you're another raver with a cardboard sign.

Seriously, I want to take you seriously. But I see all this "slavery to God" stuff, and suddenly I lose interest. Why? Because slavery is NOT American.

And I don't believe in a God who promotes slavery.

Okay. SHUT UP. Slave this. Slave that.

You exist whether you like it or not. I am not promoting slavery AT ALL. Willful servitude IS NOT SLAVERY.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Serve all. Respect all. Appreciate all.

This is truth...

But i would not "trust all"...

Every single person would have to accept the fact that God created all before one can trust all...

And you do not become God... you can attain no more then his servant in this life...

Trust all because whether or not others are aware of the fact that they are created, they are still created according to a divine will. Trust all because all is created by divine will. To trust all is to trust the divine will. Whatever seemingly dark paths your trust leads you to, your trust will pull you out of it. If you get robbed because you trust someone then that is also a trustable action of God and happened because of God's will. You'll most likely feel hurt and betrayed, but that is a how things are on the surface. If you assess the whole situation from a higher standpoint, you'll see that sure you may get robbed once or twice, but the influence of your trust may effectively have the power to show the thief why the thief should never rob again.

The thief becomes a witness to the power of trust and realizes that he never wants to break the bond of trust again because trust can hold love together.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
To me it seems like the dynamic force behind the universe would be curiosity, not love.

Knowledge is knowledge. It doesn't matter what you know as much as it matters that you know. Curiosity is a path to knowledge. All knowledge, no matter what specific knowledge you have, empowers you.

As we learn, we become more powerful. The point is, we become so powerful that we become Gods. We can always choose to love. And if you have power by knowledge coupled with love, you have wisdom. Wisdom is direct communication with a higher intelligence. To have wisdom, you have to admit that you don't know jack, but there is someone taking care of you that does. That it is someone you can trust. You let go of your Earthly intellectual concerns and become more concerned with higher knowledge.

The dynamic force behind the universe is the creator. The creator creates its creation of its own potential. Therefore, your potential is your creator's. Empower others because you are empowered. Don't cut off your supply. Don't resist. Let it flow. As your creator does to you, so you should do to others.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What if all of the views expressed in this thread held some truth, maybe half-truths? And the views in this thread include the ignorant, the skeptics, the rationalists, the insane, and the holiness junkies. What if all them are expressing some side of truth?

The quest, question, of how to become a god give way to more questions.

What if awareness among other aspects is essentially "god", or enlightenment?
What if the Buddhist philosophy is true in the sense that all suffer?
What if the way to end suffering is by reaching enlightenment?
What if our whole population was suffering equally?
What if James Lovelock becomes correct?
What if by the the year 2100, 80% of us will be dead?
What if all of us had no food to eat?
What if all of us were not able to grow food?
What if all of us are starving?
What if all of us are equally suffering?
What if you lost everything except your skin and bones?
What if you lost your job?
What if you lost your land to an ecosystem decreasing in diversity?
What if you lost your beloved opposite companion slowly through their starvation to death?
What if you lost your children slowly through their starvation to death?
What if you lost all of the relationships surrounding you to the point where you question your purpose?
What if all of the suffering, starvation, and slow deaths make us aware through the relations that we have lost?
What if the remaining 20% are remaining because they found a way to become "gods"?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Serve all. Respect all. Appreciate all.

This is truth...

But i would not "trust all"...

Every single person would have to accept the fact that God created all before one can trust all...

And you do not become God... you can attain no more then his servant in this life...

Trust all because whether or not others are aware of the fact that they are created, they are still created according to a divine will. Trust all because all is created by divine will. To trust all is to trust the divine will. Whatever seemingly dark paths your trust leads you to, your trust will pull you out of it. If you get robbed because you trust someone then that is also a trustable action of God and happened because of God's will. You'll most likely feel hurt and betrayed, but that is a how things are on the surface. If you assess the whole situation from a higher standpoint, you'll see that sure you may get robbed once or twice, but the influence of your trust may effectively have the power to show the thief why the thief should never rob again.

The thief becomes a witness to the power of trust and realizes that he never wants to break the bond of trust again because trust can hold love together.

I will have to disagree with you on this point...

You are correct however on this... all is created by divine will... But not all follow that divine will...

Those that steal are not following the will of the divine... they follow their own will, even the will of the flesh...

Of course every negative experience also has a purpose to learn from...

But to trust all is to fall blindly into the ditch...

Lets listen to THE MAN... shall we

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for providing scripture! Can you please be sure to provide more ancient texts in the Old English language of tyranny translated by King James' slaves?

So...

What if the becoming of a god was as simple as witnessing a rainbow?

What if it was as simple as, "if you want the rainbow you must have the rain"?

Sita Sings the Blues "If You Want the Rainbow you Must Have the Rain"

edit on 8-2-2012 by voicefromtheages because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by voicefromtheages

Thanks for providing scripture! Can you please be sure to provide more ancient texts in the Old English language of tyranny translated by King James' slaves?

my pleasure!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I will have to disagree with you on this point...

You are correct however on this... all is created by divine will... But not all follow that divine will...

It's impossible to not follow the divine will. You can accept it or not. Not all accept, but all follow.

Those that steal are not following the will of the divine... they follow their own will, even the will of the flesh...

But the flesh is divine. We are made to steal. No will is your own. All belongs to the creator.

Of course every negative experience also has a purpose to learn from...

But to trust all is to fall blindly into the ditch...

Only to learn how to get yourself out of it. All is created. The situations that you find yourself in that you call, "bad" are created especially for you. They are meant to happen and meant to happen to you. And they happen because there is an intelligent designer making them happen to you. Only the designer can know the purpose of such things. All you can do is trust that the designer is leading you on a good path.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join