It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Become a God:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by smithjustinb

If you appreciate everything as it is, there is no need for the person to make change. If you are a slave, you should just appreciate being a slave. That is appreciating everything.

Sure. But don't choose to be something else because you don't like what you already are. Choose to be something else because that is what you want to be.

In the name of logic, you are redundant. If you don't like what you are, and choose to be something else, who says you aren't choosing to be what you want to be? The next logical step in choosing to be something else because you don't like what you are currently, is becoming what you WANT to be. Stop contradicting yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

If God is love, then serving is just our innermost hearts desire, to love and be loved, expressed in action. It's you who've failed to undertand and who may be blinded by the rebellious principal. Obediance to God as Truth and Spirit, is what it means to bring our heart into alignment with Love itself. There is always a bit in the mouth. Even love of self could become self-will run riot and all kinds of things can be justified if we fall out of an indepensible appropriate I-thou relationship with the Absolute. What point is loving when you kick the author of love right out of the equation?! That's absurd. We're in a great heavenly household and we are one family under God who created the house to begin with, and placed us all in it. How can we then rebel and claim that we are doing it in the name of love? Slavery? Read up on the parable of the Prodigal Son, and then you'll "get" where I'm coming from here.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

I take issue on one small nitpick (and some other miscellany):

There is no will but the will of our creator. So respect free will because any will is God's will. By conforming to God's will, you allow yourself to have a divine experience.

If there is no will but God's will and all is sustained, exists and persists by God's will, then nothing willed is NOT God's will and non-conformance with God is impossible. literally then no matter what you do, think or desire, you are doing God's will. Your actions, thoughts are not your own, therefore "you" are not responsible for them because there is no "you" separate from God and no source separate from God's will that is not in part his will, therefore we are in part God (a/the "God") already. There is nothing new to respect, realize or with which to come into harmony. We are already perfect.

Yeah sort of. There is always something new. We are made perfect, but we don't harness our potential. We are free to make our own choices, and those choices are God's choices, but its how we are able to live with our choices that makes the difference. Can you accept all or does all make you discontent? Is discontent present? If so, then all you need to do is accept. Once you begin to accept and serve, not only will you become content, you will also live a lifestyle that people don't even believe is possible. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

Another religious nut. Keep reading the Bible, zealot, and keep talking your nonsense. Until you prove beyond a doubt that your theories are correct, you're another raver with a cardboard sign.

Seriously, I want to take you seriously. But I see all this "slavery to God" stuff, and suddenly I lose interest. Why? Because slavery is NOT American.

And I don't believe in a God who promotes slavery.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I thought we'd gotten rid of the slavery wrap. Was I wrong?

Not entirely, your self-professed understading simply assumes too much, and there may be a gap in it, that's all.

Serving love, and the first/last cause, is it's own reward.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Love is an illusion brought upon us by the human condition, as is hatred, death etc.

Why do we need to serve an illusory concept that will no longer do us any good once we do not have a human body anymore?
edit on 6-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Serve all. Respect all. Appreciate all.

This is truth...

But i would not "trust all"...

Every single person would have to accept the fact that God created all before one can trust all...

And you do not become God... you can attain no more then his servant in this life...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But if willing to be but his servant, while still along way off, having come to one's senses, the father RUNS, sweeps you up in his arms, envelopes you in a hug, puts a beautiful coat on you, sandals for your feets, and a ring on your finger (see the parable of the Prodigal Son and it's entire contextual frame of reference, including the elder son who's angry at such behavior, even the place and time within which Jesus was giving the story as an allegory). It's all for the one, not the 99, so we don't need to worry about everyone else, just celebrate with those who now have and have been given more.

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

No, it's the governing dynamic of the universe, the very reason for the creation itself and thus the first/last cause, or the Alpha and Omega of existence.

"Therefore, do not be afraid, little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled (be of good cheer), because it pleased our father to share his kingdom with all his children!"

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by baalbuster

No, it's the governing dynamic of the universe, the very reason for the creation itself and thus the first/last cause, or the Alpha and Omega of existence.

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: slight edit

Why?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
To me it seems like the dynamic force behind the universe would be curiosity, not love.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That is an amazing Parable...

But my friend i must point out... love is not dynamic... it is a constant, an absolute...

Love does not change... but it comes in various degrees

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well then the "dynamic" is our own continual evolutionary process INTO increasing degrees of love as the Absolute, how's that? As a type of sharing in mutuality, such a Love, being unfathomably deep, and infinite, is available for a continual exploration, in eternity, without ever exhausting it as a domain of infinite possibility..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
To me it seems like the dynamic force behind the universe would be curiosity, not love.

I think love then would be the domain of freedom/liberation and infinite possibility for a continual process of mutual exploration, with curiosity. The curiosity then would be the dynamic process, you're right, and love the creative space of opportunity in terms of possibility, as a first/last cause and thus the reason FOR such a process to occur. "Why?" is the question that can be eternally posed within the space of such freedom, which, like the love that made it possible, as the space of freedom to move, grow and share (to love and be loved), may be continually reposed, time and again in eternity, but if we wanted a definitive answer it would be from God in the form of "because I love you". This is why some believers like to say that it was always God who first loved us, and who called us out of "junk stuff" and "crazy making" into his loving embrace. In this way, we are first "chosen" (in spite of ourselves) and though we are in "the world" we are not of this world but are reborn from "above" (drawn) in spirit and truth, and love, of the unparalleled variety which has no equal and no compare. However, once drawn, compelled by the same love which raised us up (from the tomb), we too are now driven, by the same love to serve (but not simply to make a show of "works" as some sort of compensatory action), not to be served by, and to raise up what is lowly, to increasingly higher heights, so that they too might be where we are, and are going. It's a type of non-linear, strange attractor from "above" style of "leadership", that is rather contrary to our traditional human notions of what that word (leadership) means.

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well said in both replies!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks.

And if that's the Godly principal, then it's opposite would be a top down, divide and conquor, domination and submission, which seeks only to be served, and not to serve, except perhaps for display purposes to win admiration, and by which to leverage still more "power" (real and authentic power is empowerING), or even worse, to try to compensate for, or to somehow justify, all manner of evil by trying to "balance" it out, yet by self will, and not by God's will, which has already been discarded in the process.

It had to be said.

The really "scary" part here, for some, is that point at which the entire historical process comes to a head, because that's the great day of judgement..

"There is nothing now hidden which will not be made known and brought to light."
~ Jesus Christ, Jewish Rabbi.

Is there still time?

Not much, but it doesn't take very long to have a change of heart does it..?

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The day of judgement is when your body fails...

It comes for us all...

but there is MUCH time... we are not nearing the end... its only beginning

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, the law of karma, of cause and effect, at all levels and from every angle and perspective, cannot be avoided, and the time comes to us all, whether at the end of our present life, or even as a universal "nexus" of judgement at the end of history (as we know it).

I would also like to ask for forgiveness for using fear and intimidation tactics to intimidate the intimidators and fear mongerers, and this you see, is the paradox of leadership, and the point at which I myself (whether a "prophet" or not) must back down the mountain, with humility (true to one's self as we are, as a "small somebody") and leave all judgement to the Lord my God, who, alone (without horns), stands between the twin pillars of Justice, and Mercy, at the opened doorway, of Heaven.

"I ask for mercy, not sacrifice."

"Forgive us our trasspasses, as we forgive those who've tresspassed against us."

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit: (without horns) added ; D

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The end of every beginning, is but the beginning of a new one, you misunderstood what I meant by the end of history and the great day of judgement being upon us.

How can we read the signs of the weather, and measure the very stars of the heavens, and yet not recognize the signs of the times..? (JC, paraphrased).

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The point of a thread is NOT to drive everyone away from it, but to see what people have to say about it. It's just as divine to see the minds that have been cultivated in this world, as it is to see the world itself.

Consider this YOUR divine experience.

edit on CFridayam232341f41America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Already over 30 post average per day, since joining throughout January.

Added to my list.

edit on 6-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

One other thing. This is NOT how you become a god. I don't think anyone on this planet or near it should be concerned with becoming a god...we're just too unstable. Let's give evolution a few more millenia before focusing on being godlike.

Yes it is. And to become god-like only happens because you are stable. This is the clear path to stability. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

NO!. NO NO NO! Service to God is effing SLAVERY! Why do people always think you have to serve someone?

Service = Work. If you don't do it, you'll die.

To hell with serving. Serving is another way of saying, "You're gonna be God's beeyotch and do whatever the heck he wants, because that's what he made you for."

Its not like you have a choice to exist. You exist because you were made to exist. Now comply or suffer.

No. I don't agree with that. Love everyone, including yourself, and you will be fine. Do what Justin says, and you will always serve. Is that what you want? To be a slave? To be a servant?

Love is the highest form of serving the creator, and also service is love when you do your task willingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join