It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Become a God:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

If you appreciate everything as it is, there is no need for the person to make change. If you are a slave, you should just appreciate being a slave. That is appreciating everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

I take issue on one small nitpick (and some other miscellany):

There is no will but the will of our creator. So respect free will because any will is God's will. By conforming to God's will, you allow yourself to have a divine experience.

If there is no will but God's will and all is sustained, exists and persists by God's will, then nothing willed is NOT God's will and non-conformance with God is impossible. literally then no matter what you do, think or desire, you are doing God's will. Your actions, thoughts are not your own, therefore "you" are not responsible for them because there is no "you" separate from God and no source separate from God's will that is not in part his will, therefore we are in part God (a/the "God") already. There is nothing new to respect, realize or with which to come into harmony. We are already perfect.

Yeah sort of. There is always something new. We are made perfect, but we don't harness our potential. We are free to make our own choices, and those choices are God's choices, but its how we are able to live with our choices that makes the difference. Can you accept all or does all make you discontent? Is discontent present? If so, then all you need to do is accept. Once you begin to accept and serve, not only will you become content, you will also live a lifestyle that people don't even believe is possible. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

Originally posted by smithjustinb

People are abused all over the world everyday since the beginning of time and till the end of time..you can not save them all so you do have to accept it. Bad things will always happen, that can not change.

Yes it can. They are only bad because you say they are.

And they are only good because you say they are...when light is shining on something it will always cast a shadow, light creates its own darkness.

Right.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Also, do you have particular tastes in food? How'd you come to like these meals? How'd you know they "tasted good"? and when you ate something that was bitter how did you know it was bitter?

I learned. Now, I don't have to eat what I know I don't like. But I can eat what I know I do like and I will never have to eat what I don't like and will therefore never taste bad food again. Unless it's out of date and I accidentally eat it anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is two laws, divine will and the will of the self (ego). In absolute terms there is only one will, in intellectual terms there are two wills. The two wills, Will and bodies, are non-contradictory.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If you appreciate everything as it is, there is no need for the person to make change. If you are a slave, you should just appreciate being a slave. That is appreciating everything.

Sure. But don't choose to be something else because you don't like what you already are. Choose to be something else because that is what you want to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Also, do you have particular tastes in food? How'd you come to like these meals? How'd you know they "tasted good"? and when you ate something that was bitter how did you know it was bitter?

I learned. Now, I don't have to eat what I know I don't like. But I can eat what I know I do like and I will never have to eat what I don't like and will therefore never taste bad food again. Unless it's out of date and I accidentally eat it anyway.

Its because you had the "good" food to compare to the bad or vice versa you had the "bad" to compare it to the good.

Accepting the Way means seeing things as just things, not as beautiful or ugly. So if you truly accept things you can't see everything as beautiful because then by contrast something would have to be uglier then it.

Just see things, beauty is an illusion

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ah Ha, so it's more about happiness than appreciation.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Its because you had the "good" food to compare to the bad or vice versa you had the "bad" to compare it to the good.

Accepting the Way means seeing things as just things, not as beautiful or ugly. So if you truly accept things you can't see everything as beautiful because then by contrast something would have to be uglier then it.

Just see things, beauty is an illusion

Since you quoted from the Tao Te Ching, so shall I!

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

ABOVE ALL

Trust all. Serve all. Respect all. Appreciate all.

For all is done by the will of the creator. To respect the will of the creator is to respect the creator. To trust the will of the creator is to trust the creator. To appreciate the will of the creator is to appreciate the creator. Then, and only then will the creator reveal him/her self to you in abundance. At that point, you become a prophet.

To serve all is to serve the will of the creator. If it is your will to do his will then your will becomes his will and everything you do becomes an act of God, thereby making you a God.

edit on 3-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

The will of the creator is all of creation.

Nice post, thank you.

Your philosophy on God is close to that of Spinoza's (read: The Ethics), except that he doesn't advocate any sort of worship and servitude.

A few thoughts:

If your God is nature, or some part of nature, and it's only will is to create and destroy randomly and chaotically, how is one supposed to trust this? Using blind faith? I don't think being religious or dogmatic around your conclusions is necessary; nature, a tree, a pile of dirt, a sun etc. will not listen to you or care about your hopes and beliefs as it goes about creating and destroying indiscriminately. This leads me to believe your piety is an act of vanity—you wish to appear pious, not to an indifferent god, but to yourself or others. I mean this with no offense intended, as I am being vain in pointing this out.

I believe with you that nature is a "god", except I refuse to anthropomorphize or label it in such a way. Probably, nature is everything and we are a part of it; and yes, probably it would be better to live in harmony with nature as being a part of it. But to serve nature's will to create (and destroy) indiscriminately is to serve everything indiscriminately, even forces and people that cause you harm. I suppose there's nothing wrong with this, butI assume it would be al life of perpetual grovelling and servitude.

There's a difference between priests and prophets: priests preach a doctrine while prophets live a doctrine (I say this assuming that revelation is absurd, and all claims of revelation or messages from god do not make a prophet). Prophets display through action, in living their own life according to their own doctrine. I agree with you that everyone should become a prophet and not a priest, and to leave the dogma at the door. This, it seems, is much harder to accomplish in practice....

I think we can become a "god", or rather become like nature, through discovering the powers of creativity. You mentioned to serve the will of the creator", which you described as it's "will to create", which I hope means to realize our own creative forces and utilize them throughout life. We can create worlds and life too—to a much lesser extent than nature of course—but we are able to do so with care and reason, without all the chaos.

If we possess the very same "will to create" as your god, except we're abe to do so discriminately and with care, wouldn't that make us very powerful "gods" ourselves?

Thanks for hearing my opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

My first reaction on seeing the title of this thread was "oh NO, not another one of THESE threads" and so I "plunged in" (clicked) ready to refute some seriously self-centered nonsense, then I read the OP, and found no flaw in it. Well done! Makes perfect rational sense, clearly and concisely and with brevity.

Creative action yes, but we are also entirely free to enjoy liesure time also, and the fruits of our creative actions, in all areas, whether both helpful to others, or to our own self, so as to grow and flourish. Action, and inaction, as well desreved liesure then becomes like a drumbeat or a musical verse. When free to freely love and be freely self expressed, it's ok to recline at the table, or even to rest your head on the breast of the Lord (doesn't make you gay either! lol).

Personally I cannot forget, nor release from my loyalty, to the one among us who first did all this, as described in the OP, to a t, so to speak, and then to the nth degree, where the more that suffering has already carved into our being, the more joy and happiness we can contain.

My "work" then is to believe and recieve, and then follow the one from whom all this wisdom flowed, with faith that he is leading me into heaven, to be with him where he is, even already always now and forever, and that's the marvel for me, to both become evermore like him, without surpassing him where the student can never be as great as the master, and that gives me peace, and repose.

Love,

NAM aka Bob the modern prophet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

here i was thinking you knew the secret of becoming an all powerfull god, and devouring the world, your god is a false prohpet i will cleanse him when time comes

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Life is beautiful in it's own right, and is not justified by the "ugliness" of death, which is only a part of life and therefore does not have the last word, so beauty reigns supreme.

This notion that good can't be good without bad, is very "bad" philosophy, and even worse theology. Good is good for goodness' sake, it is it's own reward. Being "good" isn't REALLY good, if it's just being good not not to not be bad, if you know what I mean.

Thus, if the creation is all-good and beautiful, and if our true nature is goodness, then it's all good, and so who needs the bad?

That we or some of us want and need a permissive framework to be bad, while perhaps understandable, to a degree, can't be justified however, as the counterbalancing force to that which makes the good good, that's ridiculous and actually quite hilarious, the nonsensible foolishness of the taking of such a position, think about it..

Edit: To clarify the point still further, the bad is bounded by the good, which is unbounded, and hatred is bounded by love, which is unbounded, and this as a universal principal, is a beautiful thing.

"I fought the law, and the, law won."

We can only break ourselves against these principals of truth and justice, but we cannot ever really break the universal law of life and love, thank God.

edit on 4-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Life is beautiful in it's own right, and is not justified by the "ugliness" of death, which is only a part of life and therefore does not have the last word, so beauty reigns supreme.

This notion that good can't be good without bad, is very "bad" philosophy, and even worse theology. Good is good for goodness' sake, it is it's own reward. Being "good" isn't REALLY good, if it's just being good not not to not be bad, if you know what I mean.

Thus, if the creation is all-good and beautiful, and if our true nature is goodness, then it's all good, and so who needs the bad?

That we or some of us want and need a permissive framework to be bad, while perhaps understandable, to a degree, can't be justified however, as the counterbalancing force to that which makes the good good, that's ridiculous and actually quite hilarious, the nonsensible foolishness of the taking of such a position, think about it..

Edit: To clarify the point still further, the bad is bounded by the good, which is unbounded, and hatred is bounded by love, which is unbounded, and this as a universal principal, is a beautiful thing.

"I fought the law, and the, law won."

We can only break ourselves against these principals of truth and justice, but we cannot ever really break the universal law of life and love, thank God.

edit on 4-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

Good can not be good without the bad because we would have no frame of reference for what "good" is...if its "all good" as they say, then how could we define this goodness without something to contrast it?

Onto another point....Love can most certainly overcome hatred, but a strong Hatred can most certainly turn the tables at times...if this weren't true and everything was "good or goodness" then humanity would have been skipping in a field of butterflies since the time we were able to comprehend the concepts of good and evil. Look at things throughout history such as the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, and the Holocaust and tell me everything is "goodness"?

I'm not saying the world is all sh*t either, the bad is always counteracted by the good and vice versa. Its balance that keeps order, not keeping to one extreme of "good" or "bad"..extremes is what lead us to folly.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When God's thoughts become your thoughts and you begin to gain insight about what those thoughts mean, then you are seeing through the eyes of God and have therefore attained Godhood.

All is thought. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is one mind. You have a mind and I have a mind, but our minds are not our minds. You have your own thoughts because your brain's organization has dictated that the thoughts arising from the one mind focus to serve your individual purpose. But to serve your individual purpose and to perceive from your perspective takes millions of cellular interactions, none of which are individually aware of what you are actually perceiving. As above, so below.

All you can do is be you, but if you are going to be you, be you to the fullest. By active and willing participation in your own life, you maximize your personal potential. Then, you finally have the ability to move beyond your own personal purpose. When you move beyond your own purpose, all you can move to next is the purpose of the higher mind. You awareness will shift with you. Then you become a prophet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

The problem, the enmity and the strife ie: the curse, was introduced when man took the bait about being a God capable of judging good and evil in absolute terms, and thus the fall from grace (it's all good) into duality and separation. The return path, yes the path to the gateway access point of paradise resides in unity, not duality, wherein "it's all good", and what is bad or unfruitful, may fall away all on it's own. It's this attachment to the notion of duality, and that the bad is needed for the good to be good, which I believe is at the root of the problem of human sin and evil, at all levels.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

The problem, the enmity and the strife ie: the curse, was introduced when man took the bait about being a God capable of judging good and evil in absolute terms, and thus the fall from grace (it's all good) into duality and separation. The return path, yes the path to the gateway access point of paradise resides in unity, not duality, wherein "it's all good", and what is bad or unfruitful, may fall away all on it's own. It's this attachment to the notion of duality, and that the bad is needed for the good to be good, which I believe is at the root of the problem of human sin and evil, at all levels.

Good post my friend, but in my opinion I believe that duality is an inherent human condition and can not be overcome until leaving this physical shell. I believe that we must learn in this place of separation and learn its lessons before being able to go back to oneness again.

I believe this plane of duality can shift to one side or the other over time (good or evil) but anymore I just don't believe this place can achieve the oneness sought, I think our very existence in the human shell stops us from oneness.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

We could however, look at the human being, and human history, from the Golden Age, through Biblical times, to the present, as an ongoing evolutionary process of continual differentiation and re-integration, perhaps even involving karmic law, to the point that we may be heading towards the end of the type of historical drivers, for good and for evil, which never learn the lessons of history, and thus condemn us all to keep on repeating the same damn # in one form or another, ad infinitum, which is not only insane, and absurd, but utterly BORING. I think we ought to be starting to ask ourselves - what would the end of evil and of an evil history look like? Would it not be fun and enjoyable to pursue the light at the end of the long dark tunnel of the fruits of the duality of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which do not nourish the heart and soul of a person, or a people, or a nation or world, and if we ever came to that point, what I call the royal archway over which humanity may begin to pass into everlasting life and freedom, would we not, when looking back over the bridge, still have a point of contrast by which to know our joy and happiness fully, whereby the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain?

There is an arrow of civilized progress in other words, a destiny, a "Great Work" or a Magnum Opus of transformation for the human being, at all levels, just waiting in the wings, and a world, for one and all, just waiting to be re-born anew, not unlike a Renaissance of new, of an age of reason, and spirit re-joined together again, of left and right hemispheres of the human brain re-united, of East meeting West, and North, South, and, where those who've been given more, freely give more of themselves and their wealth and power, to, mimicking the Christ-principal, SERVE, and not to be served, thus raising what is lowly forever upward to increasingly heigher heights - unto the time and the moment in history whereby "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

Is this too much to ask, or, is it not the only SANE and RATIONAL thing that is worthwhile, and worthy of us all, given who and what we really are as children of a loving God sharing an eternal kingdom of life and love prepared for us from the time before time..?!!!

When will we have the courage, both individually and collectively, no matter how crippled we may be from what the twisted life of good and evil has wrought upon our mind, body and spirit - to come and take our place at God's table within the domain of His heavenly household, when, if not now, and who, if not us?

Gee I sound like a prophet or something!

WAKE UP WAKE UP - all with the eyes to see and the ears to hear, let them see and hear, and see and hear again, so that they will turn to God and be healed!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 6-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
One other thing. This is NOT how you become a god. I don't think anyone on this planet or near it should be concerned with becoming a god...we're just too unstable. Let's give evolution a few more millenia before focusing on being godlike.

Yes it is. And to become god-like only happens because you are stable. This is the clear path to stability. Love. Trust. Respect. Serve.

NO!. NO NO NO! Service to God is effing SLAVERY! Why do people always think you have to serve someone?

Jebus Crimeny, people...just love. JUST LOVE!

This Justin person has it all wrong.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SERVE ANYONE. Service is for the sheeple.

Love everyone, including yourself, and everything will come after. Don't be blinded by eternal servitude.

Justin is convinced he is right. There is no right way to be godlike, but there are plenty of wrong ways.

I'll illustrate my point as thus: if you were a slave, you could serve your master all you want...but you will never become the master if you are always serving.

And never have I seen this Justin talking about NOT serving.

To hell with serving. Serving is another way of saying, "You're gonna be God's beeyotch and do whatever the heck he wants, because that's what he made you for."

No. I don't agree with that. Love everyone, including yourself, and you will be fine. Do what Justin says, and you will always serve. Is that what you want? To be a slave? To be a servant?

Independence and love. That's what I'm talking about.
edit on CMondaypm141420f20America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When God's thoughts become your thoughts and you begin to gain insight about what those thoughts mean, then you are seeing through the eyes of God and have therefore attained Godhood.

All is thought. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is one mind. You have a mind and I have a mind, but our minds are not our minds. You have your own thoughts because your brain's organization has dictated that the thoughts arising from the one mind focus to serve your individual purpose. But to serve your individual purpose and to perceive from your perspective takes millions of cellular interactions, none of which are individually aware of what you are actually perceiving. As above, so below.

All you can do is be you, but if you are going to be you, be you to the fullest. By active and willing participation in your own life, you maximize your personal potential. Then, you finally have the ability to move beyond your own personal purpose. When you move beyond your own purpose, all you can move to next is the purpose of the higher mind. You awareness will shift with you. Then you become a prophet.

None of us will be prophets. Man, get a grip on yourself. Since when are you Jesus?

Stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Admit it's theory, and nothing more. Then move on. Because you're talking about eternal servitude.

I thought we'd gotten rid of the slavery wrap. Was I wrong?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join