It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What are we?

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I know we're humans.
I know what we do.
I know our basic function.
I know our needs.
I know where I came from (sort of).
I know what I like and what I don't like.

But even as I know all of that, I still have no idea what I am. I know what others have told me I am, but I've found that that is a misidentification.

I believe that we can't identify ourselves as something and it be what we really are. I believe that at the moment of conceptualizing, the truth fades. I believe we think we can come close to proper identification, but we inevitably always miss the mark. So therefore, any conceptualization about anything only serves to demean the truth of what it is. So what do you say you are? Is this even knowable?

I think it is knowable, but only in the moment. Only when you are where you are in full mind can you see the truth. You won't know what to call it, and calling it anything will distort it, but you will at least see it.


I loved what you wrote. Inspiring.

We are what we choose to percieve ourselfes as. As I change what I belive I am is redifined. And sometimes I can be different things in a short while. I do only know some of my mind and body if they are even mine. But I am connected to everything else but what everything else is is hard for me to define since I am not even sure what I am. I am probably crazy
. Namaste




posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Are we immortal spiritual beings housed in a temporary vessel of crude matter, or just meat that can think?


First, while I can toadily relate to the meat comment, whatever made you think they can think?


Second, WE are kNot housed, WE are connected to the housing.


Your Soul cannot physically exist in this Spatial Verse but it can animate that which can exist here.


Sew what are We? We are an experiment and those that know that, are playing the game instead of letting it play them!


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So infinite can be true to Its definiton and also be finite as a set that is composed of every possible variation of everything that is finite, which requires eternity to complete. With us finites as proxies, through the Presence stationed half inside the infinite and half inside all that is finite, communion in BOTH directions is achieved.

Now omnipresence can partake of the consciousness of silence, void, nothingness, nonexistence via communion with us finites, thus also be "present" inside of nonexistence. Through finites, Infinite is complete and greater than infinite.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
So infinite can be true to Its definiton and also be finite as a set that is composed of every possible variation of everything that is finite, which requires eternity to complete. With us finites as proxies, through the Presence stationed half inside the infinite and half inside all that is finite, communion in BOTH directions is achieved.

Now omnipresence can partake of the consciousness of silence, void, nothingness, nonexistence via communion with us finites, thus also be "present" inside of nonexistence. Through finites, Infinite is complete and greater than infinite.


Beautifully said!


Basically, Mom gets to play with WE as WE play!


I never thought about the proxy particular but it's a great way of looking at it.
It's too bad the 3rd communion isn't possible 24/7/52 but our puny mYds couldn't handle IT.


The finites are the children of Infinite and draw their eternalness from the well of Source Infinite!


I = SqR (eYe)²

Ribbit



edit on 2-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by jvm222
 


I am undecided, which is why I posted this. Part of me likes the idea that the body is a manifestation of the mind, but some times I feel that we are just biological constructs to replicate DNA, and that our self exists merely to facilitate that end. I WANT to believe the former.


What if its both? Really think about that one



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by jvm222
 


I am undecided, which is why I posted this. Part of me likes the idea that the body is a manifestation of the mind, but some times I feel that we are just biological constructs to replicate DNA, and that our self exists merely to facilitate that end. I WANT to believe the former.


What if its both? Really think about that one


Eggsellent!


Two eggs (thumbs) sunnyside-up!


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


The entire universe is a manifestation of pure consciousness, that has broken down into matter, light, and spirit. Each of these separate elements are continually breaking down over time into more complicated structures evolving themselves just as we do here on Earth.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


The entire universe is a manifestation of pure consciousness, that has broken down into matter, light, and spirit. Each of these separate elements are continually breaking down over time into more complicated structures evolving themselves just as we do here on Earth.


kNot broken down into matter, the matter is being created by that Consciousness, via Thought, just like the Magnetic Energy your mYnd creates when IT thinks.
Plus, there is no entropy, everything is recycled and WE are growing to boot, size & mass.


The Perfect Lifeform!


As to evolving, that which doesn't, dies!


Ribbit



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join