It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
there are really only two options, stand up while we have freedoms left, or do nothing as a 1984-esque future is instilled.

common people in every country around the world are pissed off, and it won't take much more for everyone to start standing up.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
We need a Che Guevara guerrilla warfare type of movement, peace wont work ask John Lennon. The 1979 Iranian Revolution was epic as well. I think the fact Michael Moore was speaking at Occupy Oakland is enough to show how b.s this all is.
(OCCUPY the WHITE HOUSE)

As I said, the OWS is just a bootcall for testosterone overload thugs to have fun violating other's civil rights and intimidating them.

It5 really, realy is high time the Police went in with whips, chains and tasers got these thugs off the streets and into the back of the cells for a good long stay of a decade or two. The OWS scum are just not fit to be allowed out on the street.

I agree. It's time to put a end to these dirtbags, I need to be a cop for just one day, "oops my trigger happy finger slipped"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by ANOK
No need to apologize for her being a communist. There is nothing wrong with communism, unless you buy into the cold war propaganda.

Really? If communism is so good, then why did if fail in the Soviet Union, East Germany, etc???

A LOT of Americans pay little attention to the Occupy movement simply because of the American Communist Party connection.

Communism is something you believe in while you are a wild eyed radical in college, and you can't get a job after college by dint of your wildness.

The majority of Americans have no use of sympathy for Communism.

Communism is an irrelevant strawman; but what the elite have managed to do with it, is really very clever.

One of the fundamental things which toddlers used to be taught, was that if you had a friend with you, and one of you had a biscuit, you'd break the biscuit into equally sized halves, and each have one half, rather than one child eating the entire thing, and the other child getting nothing.

What the cabal managed to do, is take that simple principle, and then build an extremely complex and misleading ideology on top of it, courtesy of Karl Marx; an NWO shill in sheep's clothing if ever there was one. They then tied the simple concept, and the complex ideology, inseperably together in the majority of people's minds; so that at this point, compassionate, altruistic, life-affirming behaviour...that is, behaving in a way that actually benefits us...has become associated with genocide.

So what they've ultimately managed to do, is convince us that what is good for us, is actually the opposite.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by MemoryShock

the occupy movement is still going on? i thought it ended a couple of weeks ago...whats the point really?...it never accomplished anything, and just proved that kids now-a-days are lazy and dont want a job that requires hard work and a little elbow grease...

EXACTLY!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Agreed!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you will be going to court, here is a video that explains all your rights. You will need an attention span longer than 2 minutes if you want to get anything out of it:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
All across the World the Police have been starting violence with non violent and non armed protesters. It shows one thing for sure, al cops are just criminals hiding behind badges selling their morals for a lousy pay cheque. Secondly I think it show a certain level of collusion behind the backs of the people and between either the Politicians of the world (fearing global revolution) or the Police colluding and using each others misdeeds to join in and abuse the "occupy" protesters so as to disperse the worlds push back. Sad truth is the people were protesting for th police just as much as themselves, well don't ever complain about losing your pension or pay cuts Mr Police man because when we fought for you you beat us and arrested us

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

THAT IS CORRECT - I WANT IT ALL FOR ME.

Sounds selfish, but meh - we are all like that. I have only seen a few truly unselfish people in my life, and I am guessing a lot of the moral squad here on ATS are not part of those few either.

HEY, I am all for communism - or whatever you want to call it - as long as I am one of the ones at the top....and trust me, as long as you have selfish people this wonderful idea of sharing everything equally and everyone is taken care of by the state is a pipe dream. (and I know some of you are saying what a prick this fella is, but hey, ITS REALITY FOLKS)

So what should be done? Get the government out of my life (to a certain extent), throw the CEOs and corrupt politicians in a pit and bury em, stop allowing corporations to offshore jobs and get people working again. As this is going on, start cutting back social entitlements.

and I know, this is going to be another shock for some, the government isn't there to look out for you - YOU SCREW UP, your going to find out how crappy life can be (cause I am tired of hearing some people thinking every aspect of their life should be guaranteed by the government, I don't know you, go out and work for a living, I don't want to be paying for ya)

It's cool man if you want to be a selfish dirt bag then go for it. Good luck making close friends. Good luck finding people who truly care about you.

If you really think greed makes you happy, then by placebo effect it sure f**king will. You aren't a bad person. You aren't a good person. You're just a living being with a highly developed mental capacity that has the ability to understand the struggles and interactions of things around you. You just choose to ignore anything that isn't beneficial to you, because you always need more. You are never satisfied.

I'm very happy for you, that your emotions and your ego rule your life. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting back relaxing whilst I gaze in confusion at your struggle to feel accomplished before you die.

I'll stand up for my selfless beliefs and you can stand up for your selfish beliefs.

I never thought I would get so many negative responses from wishing for people to care about each other?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

I can't disagree with your points.

OWS is the best we got.

A Gandhi would be awesome -- but we can't wait for that.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse

WOW!!!!!!!

What a grade AAA+ hypocrite!

If you had wanted people not to live in fear, why be part of a bunch of thugs, driven by the politics of raw jealousy, intimidating hard-working people and rubbishing their civil rights and wanting to get busy witha baseball bat on the faces of innocent Police Officers, just to satisfy the demands of ones testosterone overload?

I'm sorry can you tell me where I said I was a part of OWS? I did not and I am not. I do not support violence or intimidation. Honestly I don't know what anything you typed there has to do with me at all?

ETA: Ballisticmousse, I am not a member of OWS. I never have been and I never will be. I do not agree with anybody who supports violence or greed. I do not agree with you.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Dystopiaphiliac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The Spanish revolution was successful for two years at least, until the fascists took over.

libcom.org...

Just sayin', but I think your link might be a little....biased.

Successful for two years until the fascists took over? That meant it failed, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I visited a couple of Occupy crowds on the east coast as travel permitted. And I've been rather unimpressed. These people are creating a huge financial burden on the municipalities they occupy. And with the large mobs a police presence is the norm. I'm glad that the police are there, I walked into the WTC in norfolk and had eggs thrown at me. Really? The Hampton Roads occupy movement was obnoxious, the one in New Orleans was intimidating. I was glad the cops were there, getting threatened and verbally abused while having things thrown at me is not a peaceful protest.

And if anyone is upset with the cops, a large aggressive mob is threatening regardless of their intent. And police respond accordingly when they feel threatened. I've seen more restraint from police that I could even imagine they'd show.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I visited a couple of Occupy crowds on the east coast as travel permitted. And I've been rather unimpressed. These people are creating a huge financial burden on the municipalities they occupy. And with the large mobs a police presence is the norm. I'm glad that the police are there, I walked into the WTC in norfolk and had eggs thrown at me. Really? The Hampton Roads occupy movement was obnoxious, the one in New Orleans was intimidating. I was glad the cops were there, getting threatened and verbally abused while having things thrown at me is not a peaceful protest.

And if anyone is upset with the cops, a large aggressive mob is threatening regardless of their intent. And police respond accordingly when they feel threatened. I've seen more restraint from police that I could even imagine they'd show.

There is a revolution growing in the US. You can see it. The people are extremely upset and fed up and the treatment they are getting is creating more blow-back as we speak.

I love Occupy. Everyday more and more. I love the anarchy symbols they use. The fight they are putting up, giving the finger to the system. That is how it should be, that is what your founding fathers would have wanted to see. For once I feel real pride for America.

You on the other hand, with your whiny remarks about financial burdens (really!?) and the mobs are just plain naive in my opinion. The people of America have tried, peacefully and gently and got kicked in the nuts for it. How much more crap need they take. I mean, stand with your people I'd say. Because the system has already abandoned you.

Is that the in the country that brings freedom to the middle east?
- a youtube comment

Are you intimidated? Intimidated by some Anarchist symbols? Anarchy is the very thing that might save you right now. You know as much as anyone else that these cops don't protect you anymore. They are hired to protect the interest of the ruling minority. They are hired to protect the crumbling remains of what is a failing system.

These people there, these protesters. Look at them. All young, our age (i assume). Students most of them, graduates and other regular citizens. They are in essence 'the people''. Are you going to tell me they have no legitimacy? That they should go home? That they are a bunch no-goodies? Is that how you choose to view upon the essential people, with that kind of disdain? Then I ask you, are you part of the rich ruling elite? I assume that are not. I assume that you are as much a victim of the situation as they are.

So...

Where are you going to stand is the question. Will you give in to the fear and defend these crumbing remains of your system? Or will you let your lion out and defend what you damned well know what is yours..
edit on 31-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

then why doesn't the majority condemn any violence the fringe commits? seems like that would be a good start in gaining legitimacy.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I agree with you but I still hate to see protesters using violence. You don't end violence with violence. It creates a continuous streak of pain. People have been suffering from each others hands for millenia. We're the top game on the planet now. We don't need this violence. If they haven't realized this yet, will they ever?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
There is a revolution growing in the US. You can see it. The people are extremely upset and fed up and the treatment they are getting is creating more blow-back as we speak.

I love Occupy. Everyday more and more. I love the anarchy symbols they use. The fight they are putting up, giving the finger to the system. That is how it should be, that is what your founding fathers would have wanted to see. For once I feel real pride for America.

You on the other hand, with your whiny remarks about financial burdens (really!?) and the mobs are just plain naive in my opinion. The people of America have tried, peacefully and gently and got kicked in the nuts for it. How much more crap need they take. I mean, stand with your people I'd say. Because the system has already abandoned you.

These people there, these protesters. Look at them. All young, our age (i assume). Students most of them, graduates and other regular citizens. They are in essence 'the people''. Are you going to tell me they have no legitimacy? That they should go home? That they are a bunch no-goodies? Is that how you choose to view upon the essential people, with that kind of disdain? Then I ask you, are you part of the rich ruling elite? I assume that are not. I assume that you are as much a victim of the situation as they are.

So...

Where are you going to stand is the question. Will you give in to the fear and defend these crumbing remains of your system? Or will you let your lion out and defend what you damned well know what is yours..
edit on 31-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

It's nice to see at least some of the of OWS contingent admit that they are anarchists at heart. It's certainly noble of you to speak on behalf of 'the people,' if when you say 'the people' you are referring to narcissistic puerile juveniles and their aging-hippie coddlers looking to relive their glory years of the sixties and seventies. Unfortunately, you are but a small minority of the American people, most of which are expressing annoyance towards your 'peaceful' Marxist tactics. Certainly, in any society there will be a small percentage of disgruntled populace. OWS typifies this subclass of malcontents, the losers if you will.

It is rather telling that you say that you feel proud of America due in part to the anarchy symbols you see being used by the OWS movement. You then go on to project your anarchist beliefs on to the founding fathers even proudly proclaiming that that is "what your founding fathers would have wanted to see." I doubt that you have studied enough history as to be able to guess what the founding fathers had in mind when they created the Constitution. I'll give you hint though, personal freedom and liberty, both of which you OWSers are infringing on with your little shanty towns of filth and feces.

I have just one little request. If you OWSers are going to continue to be unproductive members of society could you at least pick up after yourselves and stop blocking traffic? Doesn't holding hands and singing Kumbaya get boring after a while? Maybe look into X-Box? All the cool kids are doing it. I swear.

edit on 31-1-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle
It's nice to see at least some of the of OWS contingent admit that they are anarchists at heart. It's certainly noble of you to speak on behalf of 'the people,' if when you say 'the people' you are referring to narcissistic puerile juveniles and their aging-hippie coddlers looking to relive their glory years of the sixties and seventies. Unfortunately, you are but a small minority of the American people, most of which are expressing annoyance towards your 'peaceful' Marxist tactics. Certainly, in any society there will be a small percentage of disgruntled populace. OWS typifies this subclass of malcontents, the losers if you will.

It is rather telling that you say that you feel proud of America due in part to the anarchy symbols you see being used by the OWS movement. You then go on to project your anarchist beliefs on to the founding fathers even proudly proclaiming that that is "what your founding fathers would have wanted to see." I doubt that you have studied enough history as to be able to guess what the founding fathers had in mind when they created the Constitution. I'll give you hint though, personal freedom and liberty, both of which you OWSers are infringing on with your little shanty towns of filth and feces.

I have just one little request. If you OWSers are going to continue to be unproductive members of society could you at least pick up after yourselves and stop blocking traffic? Doesn't holding hands and singing Kumbaya get boring after a while? Maybe look into X-Box? All the cool kids are doing it. I swear.

edit on 31-1-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

People of OWS are absolutely disturbing the peace. They are prohibiting others from freely traversing and perhaps they instill fear in the eyes of some. Maybe they're around disturbing the peace because in this society they can't find peace of their own under a controlling government and a culture that is bred from greed and materialism.

There are obviously plenty of disgruntled youths in the OWS crowd. I'm sure quite a handful are there because they just want to be a part of something. They are probably there because it makes them feel cool. They're there for all the wrong reasons. However to make a factual conclusion about the goals of OWS you would have to know the personal story and reasons for EACH and EVERY SINGLE person there. So until you do that everybody needs to stop calling them all jobless hippies and what-not, making all these blatant generalizations.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow this is my favorite website!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
12 pages is a lot to read through. I just wanna know one thing....

did they taze you, bro??

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join