It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
well... did you at least get college credit for it? If not you are going to the wrong School

also, I was watching this happen (in live time) because honestly... This is super entertaining to watch, I cannot be the only one thinking that... But you know what... The people who are against OWS don't see police brutality.. They see a bunch of people breaking the law (I could name 6 watching that live stream).

Just saying being a martyr isn't swaying anyone... However it might help with the hippie chicks!

And it might be nice if you happen to be a senator's son, or something with equally good connections.

Though I don't see many politicians aligning themselves with the Occupy thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by purplemer

Yes and the only thing Occupy can possibly achieve is ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

There is nothing wrong with a one world government. I don't understand why we still have imaginary lines in the dirt, and we still fight and kill over natural resources. I don't understand why people differentiate from one another because of their physical location. I find that pathetic.

Hitler thought like that, too. No borders - just him and his goons in control of the whole world. One world nazi government.

Nothing wrong with that....

Dude seriously what the f**k? Did you seriously just liken my personal ideologies to hitler's movement?

I do not want invisible lines on dirt to dictate what others think about me.
I do not want living beings to destroy each other over petty material goods.
I do not want anybody to suffer the pain of starvation or illness.
I do not want multiple languages causing misinterpretations and confusion.

Stop screaming your head off every time you hear the term one world government. Give me one solid reason why separation, miscommunication and war benefit humankind over the opposite?

Your "personal ideologies" are based on fantasy. Human nature will not allow for a utopian society no matter how hard you squeeze your teddy bear and hope for one. Also, you're wanting to mandate how people think? That alone is dangerous to a free society.

There are many possible ways to achieve the goals you set forth, but concentrating power in the hands of a few is NOT one of them. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
You are a brave person!
I would have been scared to death. I hope you hang in there and get those charges dropped!

Spoken like a person who plans to stay away from Occupy protests and not get arrested.

Which is spoken like an intelligent person.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

what you just described (you know with some bias)

is called Capitalism and it's also called JEALOUSY which isn't a good thing to have.

instead of complaining about what other people have, why not work harder?

I figure it is wiser not to take out too large a student loan one can't repay....and get a degree in something you can get a job with, unlike a Political Science or an Art Appreciation degree.

Follow the examples of foreign students who come to America to matriculate.

Then you won't have to protest so much after college.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

agreed.... I have no pity for those with liberal studies degrees or musical theater degrees... or the worst COMMUNICATIONS degrees... seriously....

Also theres a way to pay back your college loans that doesn't involve your pocket

JOIN THE MILITARY!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Don't complain about getting busted. At least you will have something to tell you're kids and grandkids about when you get old. Spring it on them when they are calling you an oldtimer and too conservative. You are building memories which will help make you into an individual later in life. Don't go overboard though, you don't want to spend too much time in jail or you won't have any grandchildren to tell.

Just curious: Without googling, does anyone know any of the names of the four students killed at Kent State?

Does anyone remember the words to the Crosby, Stills and Nash song "Four Dead in Ohio?"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by tonycliffs

agreed.... I have no pity for those with liberal studies degrees or musical theater degrees... or the worst COMMUNICATIONS degrees... seriously....

Also theres a way to pay back your college loans that doesn't involve your pocket

JOIN THE MILITARY!

I agree, with this caveat: in this technologically evolving world, it is getting even harder to get accepted into the military.

An individual has got to make good decisions early and often.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stringman
A Take On Occupy;

The recent Oakland incident shows that the occupy movement still has legs. Even though the heart of the movement may still be beating, it’s on the way to the ER.
Although the members are passionate, a leader-less movement is doomed to fail.

At a point in the early weeks of OWS, public opinion was beginning to stand side by side with the movement. But the lack of clear objectives and effective strategies for how to achieve economic and social change lead the movement astray.

OWS is organized using a non-binding, consensus-based, collective decision making tool known as a ‘people's assembly.' Although it is a great tool to get people involved, this basis of organization is leading the movement no where. Most American’s understand that the protesters are disillusioned by our current political leadership and legislation. However, this horizontal structure lacks organization, and without organization, they will never get anything done.

Looking back on the history of successful social movements, like the civil rights movement, people didn't just start out wanting to create radical change. They wanted to sit on a bus. They wanted to go to better schools. They wanted equality. Later, when they became more organized and rallied around a central leader, that's when things started to change.

The occupy movement had many opportunities to rally public support ( such as the “Infamous videotape of Cal Davis cops using pepper spray). But the horizontal structure of the OWS movement prevented any viable momentum building.
This structure is unrealistic in the long term. It becomes a mob.
This movement desperately needs a leader who can clearly articulate the group's goals. If you want to end the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy, or you want better health care or job opportunities, then say that. If I hear “Mic Check” one more time, I think I’ll have an aneurysm. If they don't come together soon with some clear definable objectives, the movement is certain to fail.

stringman

You know i find your statement saddening.
It basically states (if its premise is correct of course) that the movement is failing because it is leaderless.
you see it seems that the OWS protestors are programmed to enjoy the trauma of being in an organisation whereby nothing is getting done, nothing is moving forward, and nothing is changing.

Psychodrama, and, psychtrauma based behaviour is what i can see, trapped by an organisation that has been organised and setup to fail from the off, that sounds like the UN hand to me.
The Drama of being on the street, living rough with your bro's, getting hassled by the pigs and arrested, the Drama of confrontation, the Drama of feeling empowered enough to say NO to authority, The trauma of seeing all your efforts wasted, The trauma of feeling powerless to change it,All designed by the Tavistock institute, teaching you the emotional dismal belief of failure that TV cannot reach you with.
might just as well stayed at home and watched x factor.
But i doubt you would have got your drama fix by doing that, because, that is what your parents do and what they do got us here.
i'm sorry did i just puke on the shoes your social empowerment was wearing?.
There are warriors out there in society, thing is they are bright enough to know when to choose their moment, the reason the OWS is leaderless is because the real leaders know this is not the fight.
This is not the time place or movement from which progress will be made.

Go Home, scout motto in uk is "Be prepared", when it really happens you will be defending your family.
If it doesn't look like a revolution, smell like a revolution, or sound like a revolution, no matter how much lipstick you put on it, it isn't a revolution.
when you see unbridled anger in the streets around the world, when everyone is motivated to get off their asses and do what they can, the leaders will appear.
It will look like the marine on the street telling the police that they are scum, a moment like that will galvanise a leader, he looked like a warrior, he had the presence of a true leader of men, the only person there that didnt visibly shrink was the lieutenant who came to save his men.

OWS isn't meant to upset the status quo, that happens of it's own accord when we all say enough is enough.
The london riots or the LA riots, that on a global scale, will be the beginning, that will not be airy fairy organisation designed by someone in suite 1600 of the UN building new york to teach a lesson in despair to the dissaffected that tv cannot give you.
OWS is all about teaching you to remember the trauma and failure of standing up to authority, if it was meant to be more, it would have been.
The greatest victories are against the odds.
I have no doubt the police knew everything you planned, as you planned it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by MemoryShock

the occupy movement is still going on? i thought it ended a couple of weeks ago...whats the point really?...it never accomplished anything, and just proved that kids now-a-days are lazy and dont want a job that requires hard work and a little elbow grease...

ANYTHING that doesn't fit the status quo is written off as "unwashed hippies who don't want a job." Disgruntled employees. People wanting attention.

I'm sure NOTHING goes wrong on the planet. The trillions missing on Wall Street were just a rounding error. Everything would be fine if dirty pot-smoking lazy hippies would quit whining about them.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

The OWS movement changed what the media and people have been talking about.

BEFORE the Occupy movement, you couldn't turn on the TV without someone talking about the debt, austerity measures, or blaming poor people who got predatory loans for the mega trillions Wall Street misplaced.

AFTER OWS, they conversation changed to; "what are those silly people up to" for the shills and the fools who NEVER get what is going on and are always surprised when they find that rich people can be greedy and much things up... and of course some of the REASONABLE people saying; "hey, yeah, why aren't we dealing with corruption -- why is nobody going to jail for what happened and is still happening to our economy?"

>> All other movements have failed BECAUSE they had leaders. A leader is a figurehead, and you can ridicule Michael Moore or Al Gore, or the Tea Party spokesman. You can corrupt a leader. Or you can have the media pretend that Al Sharpton speaks for all black people.

The Status quo has always destroyed the reputation, bribed, manipulated or co-opted movements. The people I've listened to from OWS are pretty savvy, THEY know why they are there and you can figure that out merely by using Google. They also know about the provocateurs who try to sneak in and cause trouble with the police, and they've got these out of work mercenaries or off duty cops on numerous occasions.

>> To pretend that we can SQUEEZE teachers and people with marginal incomes for the Trillions our economy is missing, while the machinations of tycoons earns them extra billions on the public's back -- is I think the Delusional and Mass Hypnosis you should be looking for.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

@ The X GREAT POST... btw scout motto in US is also "Be prepared!"

your OWS movements and the US's are COMPLETELY different... I will tell you that Europe has way more problems than us.... And are handling it a lot better than us..

Maybe another thing we should model the US after eh?

glad to see another scout here!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

what you just described (you know with some bias)

is called Capitalism and it's also called JEALOUSY which isn't a good thing to have.

instead of complaining about what other people have, why not work harder?

yes, work so hard in life for someone to tell you that youve been such an asset to the company for 10+ years but they need to make some cuts to bring in a kid who will work for 1/2 as much as what you make. but its okay, that house you have been paying for can just go into forclosure and you can collect welfare and unemployment that our taxes pay for.

Not that this happens to everyone but it happens to a lot of people. so please think before you make ignorant comments. (ie. jealousy)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

so what you are saying is life is not fair?

Yep I feel that way too!!! Sorry that happens.. it just does

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As other people have said, I thought we're done with this Occupy movement. It accomplished very little next to nothing. What change do you shirkers even want? I don't think any of you know. You're all drunk off the "change" word just like you were during 2008.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Don't complain about getting busted. At least you will have something to tell you're kids and grandkids about when you get old. Spring it on them when they are calling you an oldtimer and too conservative. You are building memories which will help make you into an individual later in life. Don't go overboard though, you don't want to spend too much time in jail or you won't have any grandchildren to tell.

These agressive thugs shouldn't allowed within 100 feet of a child. If they sire any they should be taken straight away into care with absollutely NO ACCESS WHATSOEVER to ensure their minds are not corrupted with this OWS filth.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
As long as the morons in Congress refuses to confront realities and needs of the 99%, correct errors, help the many whom had fallen on the economic wayside instead of continued pandering to the super - rich, OWS will continue to STAND and NEVER DIE

As long as the OWS movement (as in "bowel movemen"t) continue to STAND every possible leverage should be used by honest people to force the Police into flattening them, preferably with whips, chains and tasers. If it is necessary to start sacking cops by the hundred for laziness and cowardice without pension or references, then, sadly, so be it. With millions unemployed, it is disgusting to see lazy Police loafing around whilst these criminals run around the street intimidating honest people.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I do not want invisible lines on dirt to dictate what others think about me.
I do not want living beings to destroy each other over petty material goods.
I do not want anybody to suffer the pain of starvation or illness.
I do not want multiple languages causing misinterpretations and confusion.

..And

I do not want to drive a Honda, I'd like to drive a Lambourgini.
I do not want to drink coffee, I'd like to drink champagne.
I do not want to live in a house, I'd like to live in a multimillion dollar ranch.

What a whining self-important primadonna! You must have been one hellava spoilt brat!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

your OWS movements and the US's are COMPLETELY different... I will tell you that Europe has way more problems than us....

I fully agree.

The USA's problems are ones of debt, recession and pain whereas the OWS's main problem is that its members have not yet had the savage hiding and seering pain that they so desperately need.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
No need to apologize for her being a communist. There is nothing wrong with communism, unless you buy into the cold war propaganda.

Really? If communism is so good, then why did if fail in the Soviet Union, East Germany, etc???

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by ANOK
No need to apologize for her being a communist. There is nothing wrong with communism, unless you buy into the cold war propaganda.

Really? If communism is so good, then why did if fail in the Soviet Union, East Germany, etc???

A LOT of Americans pay little attention to the Occupy movement simply because of the American Communist Party connection.

Communism is something you believe in while you are a wild eyed radical in college, and you can't get a job after college by dint of your wildness.

The majority of Americans have no use of sympathy for Communism.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join