It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

where is your OUTRAGE AT THE BANKS PILAGING YOUR CITIZENS WITH FAKE DOCUMENTS?

where is your out rage at robo signing?
where is your out rage at the bank bail outs?
where is your out rage at fast and the furious?
where is your out rage churches are being forclosed on?

WHERE IS YOUR OUT RAGE?

POORLY MISDIRECTED
to point to some black bloc guys and say this is representitive of a pieceful movement,
is disingenuous
stop calling all OWSers BLACK BLOC
its lame and easy to see straight through

wake up to the people wipping out the middle class americans,
they are not OWS they are in suites and ties

WAKE UP

xploder

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This movement is going to
hatch out in spring, and we are going
to be ready for them.
OCCUPY OCCUPY!!!

who is the WE you speak of?
are you part of some anti occupy club?
do they wear blue?

your lame

xploder

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Protests always end in violence when the government doesn't address or ignore their concerns. Where was the outrage when the police used violence against the protestors? It sounds like it depends on which side of the fence your standing on.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Good luck building your pansy assed micky mouse loser country into an economic powerhouse now! (by OmegaLogos posted on 21-3-2011 @ 10:30 PM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: MORE Blood is on the hands of the Federal Nanny State!

The entire US polical system is systemically infected with corrupt and criminal politicians and yet I don't see you calling for them to be stopped 1st!

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

And so in a war collateral damage happens! Get over it!

Then why do you care
about the occupy movement
have no voice in this
your not even an AMERICAN
DAMN FOREIGNERS

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

you cant be that clueless,
WALL STREET ROBBED THE WORLD,
not JUST america

we lost massive amounts of ACC money due to the fraudulent sub prime home crisis

WAKE UP NODDY
at least read some more info

ignorence is thinking that you are the only ones defraded by wall street

your funny

lol

xploder

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Protests always end in violence when the government doesn't address or ignore their concerns. Where was the outrage when the police used violence against the protestors? It sounds like it depends on which side of the fence your standing on.

occupy will not turn violent,
the movement is commited to non violence,
and it is not trying to over throw anyone,
they simply want redress as is their right

xp

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

This movement is going to
hatch out in spring, and we are going
to be ready for them.
OCCUPY OCCUPY!!!

who is the WE you speak of?
are you part of some anti occupy club?
do they wear blue?

your lame

xploder

Lame is supporting
a group of morons
called occupy.
I just have a gut feeling
Tea Party people
and the likes will not put
up with these people frightening
children. causing public disturbances,
camping out at parks l
No occupy will not succeed they have became
violent. Some vigilantes some real duke Wayne american
bad ass'es will make sure you don't bust up our houses, businesses
places we work at, burn up old glory how dare them
People have died for that flag and this country.
fighting for our freedom. sick
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Dear XPLodER,

You said something I'm curious about. Something like "The only thing OWS wants is redress." What do you mean by redress? If the complaint is that Wall Street robbed Americans, does OWS want Wall Street to give a lot of money to American citizens? Does OWS want different tax laws so the government can get the money?

How do you see redress working out?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You do know the only way to retire an American flag is to burn it right?

The United States Flag Code states: "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

scoutingbear.com...
www.americanflags.org...

Maybe burning the flag on camera like that they were sending a message that what the flag originally stood for has died and they were showing respect? I'm not a mind reader but it's a possibility. As far as breaking into a YMCA, I don't know what they were thinking as I wasn't there but I do agree it doesn't set a good example.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Explanation: LMAO!

Then why do you care
about the occupy movement
have no voice in this
your not even an AMERICAN
DAMN FOREIGNERS

Here is why ...

Occupy Movement [wiki]

The Occupy movement is an international protest movement which is primarily directed against economic and social inequality. The first Occupy protest to receive wide coverage was Occupy Wall Street in New York City's Zuccotti Park, which began on September 17, 2011. By October 9, Occupy protests had taken place or were ongoing in over 95 cities across 82 countries, and over 600 communities in the United States. As of January 22 the Meetup page "Occupy Together" listed 2,818 occupy communities worldwide.

Personal Disclosure: Release the Tent Monsters! Sick em! [points at the OP]

edit on 29-1-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to quote the OP'er for clarity and ease of use.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
These violent protesters are but a small fraction of what has the whole movment.

there are always a few rough individuals. most of which are just over testosteroned fools wanting an adrenaline high.

chances are once these individuals get arested they'll cry like children

the occupy movment is fine

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

They would not needed to *escape*
if they were not doing anything wrong.

We as citizens have every right to assemble peacefully. The idea of needing "permits" to do so is nonsense. If you are protesting Government, is it not silly to have to ask that same Government for permission to do so? If you have to ask for permission, is it really a "right"?

THIS IS OCCUPY this DOES speak for the whole
group. They want violence.

Really? Every single person who is part of Occupy wants violence? I beg to differ. I am reminded of many scenes that showed Occupy members who were sitting, standing, and doing nothing aggressive when Police introduced violence to the situation.

This is not the boston
tea party or the revolution war. Quit comparing them.

Sorry but they deserve to be compared. The Boston Tea Party was a tax protest. The Revolution was fought to break free from British rule. Today, people are protesting against taxes. We are taxed to death on everything and the Federal Government has it's hand in everything. Guess what else? There is no shortage of people who want to break free from the rule of the US Government. It is out of control and people, like me, are sick of it. The system is a joke! The CEO of Megaupload is looking at 50 years for file sharing, but if he were to go out and kidnap a child and kill the child, in most States he would get 20 years. It makes no sense, people are sick of it.

Ready for the onslaught of PRO occupy defending
the actions of these people and the occupy movement.
It will be stopped I PROMISE.

I am not really Pro Occupy. I think they are doing it wrong. I am pro protest, it is our right. We should NEVER have to ask permission to do so. Just like we have a right to free speech, but how many times do you really have to ask permission to speak? I got news for you, your making a promise you can not keep. It will not be stopped, it will never be stopped, it will just continue to snowball until something gives.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
To the people saying that "the flag burners and trouble makers don't represent the whole movement": Are you familiar with the No True Scotsman Fallacy?

I don't necessarily have a problem with the flag burning as it is their right as Americans to do so but I do take exception to the rioters damaging property.
Anywho, I've been against this 'movement' from the start and I think I was right when I predicted that they wouldn't accomplish anything.

They're a lot like an unruly young child though, they'll eventually tire themselves out.

edit on 29-1-2012 by relpobre000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by XPLodER

Dear XPLodER,

You said something I'm curious about. Something like "The only thing OWS wants is redress." What do you mean by redress? If the complaint is that Wall Street robbed Americans, does OWS want Wall Street to give a lot of money to American citizens? Does OWS want different tax laws so the government can get the money?

How do you see redress working out?

With respect,
Charles1952

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

cornell law

i see the self assembly of the people by the people to be protected under the first amendment,
i see the occupation to be protected forms of,
self assembly
and free speach,
and as the occupy action by definition is self assembly and occupation as the free spech.

the occupation form of redress is acually from history,
whereas as long as ALL citizens were allowed to FREELY enter and exit without COST and ALL we FREE to speak and debate and ALL were EQUAL in the eyes of the self assembly,
that if a redress of grevences were formalized by democractic means and published,

that assembly would be protected by assembly and free speach and redress.
in the past this would have been whole families and they would have by necesity sleeped in town or the square.
when thousands of people turned up, it was accepted they would HAVE to CAMP out till the conclusion of the democractic process of making documents of redress.

and when the govenment was making its decition the people were allowed to stay untill an answer had been given.

the primary idea of redress is to allow the govenment to respond to GRAVE breaches of the constitution or the userpation of powers not deligated by the constitution.

this usually included time to debate the redress documents time to draw up laws or design legislation to adress grevences before offering solutions to redress, all the time the people calling for redress lived out in the comunity untill a full redress arangment was enacted.

you see some of these people lived very far away and would not leave untill redress was accepted by the majority of the self assembly.
they were in effect occupiers,

i see the occupations as the way to empower a democractic structure to draw a redress document from the people for the people.

once you know the problems you can start to adress them.

so i am not confident of a federal govenment redress of greveces but as it is a required form of action it should be carried out with reference to history and the constitution.

when the free speach and free assembly issues are raised in the judicial branch the protestors WILL win.
they NOW HAVE STANDING in front of court.

the fact that EVICTIONS were carried out BEFORE an answer for redress was given is a CLEAR and OBVIOUS breach of historical norms.

in todays times the process of redress MUST be followed as per historical norms and laws,

it is of the upmost importence to try all avenues of legal recource.

this is the first step of many on a path that leads to the re inhabiting of the constitution,
and trust me THE JUDGES ARE WATCHING

and they WILL protect free speach and free assembly.

the acual redress is investigation and prosicution of current laws of wall street bankers,
and now the redress has failed,
investigation and prosicution of govenment officials who have "failed to uphold the public office"
and holding public office while "working in the private interest"

obstruction of justice
RICO law violations,
accepting bribes while in public office.

the more this is stalled the more people are complisit,

xploder

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I support Occupy and have spent time at a couple of camps.

In my experience it has been hard getting the message out to people as the camps end up spending more time dealing with court cases than they do at trying to explain what we stand for, politics and people getting personal feelings involved are also distracting it.

I am guessing that in the past revolutions started over-time, just as Occupy was doing, our camp was doubling in size every couple of days with new protesters but as soon as we got a court order to leave the premises no one else new came to the camp and our numbers have fallen, we still have meetings and do things here and there to raise awareness but until we have a permanent public presence our numbers wont increase.

I have also seen first hand how unfair the courts and the media have been, we got accused of so many things we never did, our council claimed we cost thousands in damages and every single accusation was a lie, including graffiti, damaging the grass, burning the grass, etc... I have seen the media lying, undercover reporters making misleading reports, undercover cops...

When we squatted an abandoned restaurant we got accused of breaking the locks, windows and causing damage to the building when in reality we got in through a window that was opened and we unlocked the main door without breaking anything... all brittle items were boxed and stored away, we caused no damage what so ever.

We also had intelligence on the owners, we knew for a fact that building had not been used at all for at least 2 years... after entering it was clear no one used the place... what did the media report? that we were keeping the elderly owners out of their own property where they spend their weekends in, obviously focusing on the vulnerability of the owners and our how our actions have affected them, which was a lie anyway.

You know how bad things are that when you are in court and use Article 20 of the Human Rights and the judge grabs the book with his thumb and index finger and says something like "yeah... unfortunately we are supposed to do as this says" or something to the extend of saying that doesnt matter... we were evicted on trespassing grounds, turns out the council is on private property, technically there is no such thing as public land around here any more, corporations own everything... shame we did not record that judge on video.

They really do not like us and want the sheeple to do the same... I'll give you another example, at my Occupy I got my laptop stolen, the police got there within 2 mins after calling them as is a heavily patrolled area anyway... one night a group of people came to start fights with Occupiers, they wanted to fight and started destroying the camp, I called the cops explained what was happening and asked for their help... they took almost 45 mins to show up?!? WTF? they arrived around 10 mins after the group left us alone and they sent just 2 female cops? that doesnt make any sense, we are also under surveillance, so they would have seen when that group arrived and was being violent towards us... and I am not being paranoid about being watched all the time, there are 2 big ass cameras pointing at our camp at all times... except the night my laptop got stolen off course

I love tactics and TPTB are playing an almost flawless game at stopping the movement and turning people against it with their weapon of mass destruction called the mass media and their lobbying putting the law on the side of corporations while violating basic civil rights.

Occupy has to get more creative

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

III. Content of the Petition for a Redress of Grievances.

The PETITION FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES, ratified by the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY, shall be non-partisan and specifically address the critical issues now confronting the People of the United States of America including the corrupting influence of exorbitant political campaign contributions. However, the final petition no matter how long or how short shall be the exclusive work-product of the 876 elected Delegates engaged in direct consultation with the People they represent. The Delegates shall debate and vote upon a specific set of grievances and solutions to be included in the PETITION FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES and, if necessary, adjourn for further consultation with the American People as our founding ancestors did during the meetings of the Continental Congresses over 235 years ago. Upon ratification of the petition, all of the Delegates, regardless of the margin of the vote, shall affix their signatures to the final PETITION FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES

link to source

from the 99% decleration

xp

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xality
In my experience it has been hard getting the message out to people as the camps end up spending more time dealing with court cases than they do at trying to explain what we stand for, politics and people getting personal feelings involved are also distracting it.

Hubbard observed that the legal system can be used to enormous effect, as a method of harassment. It is one of the psychopaths' favourite means of doing so. A judge may not be a psychopath himself, but if he is sufficiently deluded as to believe that the existence of his profession has any legitimate justification, it does not matter. The result is the same.

When we squatted an abandoned restaurant we got accused of breaking the locks, windows and causing damage to the building when in reality we got in through a window that was opened and we unlocked the main door without breaking anything... all brittle items were boxed and stored away, we caused no damage what so ever.

The psychopaths will accuse you of all that, because the one thing they cannot tolerate; the one thing they cannot abide or condone, and must without exception, slaughter or otherwise destroy all who engage in it, is equality.

The only form of meaning that the psychopaths can derive from life, is their ability to feel superior to their fellow man. They have no capacity for love, joy, compassion, happiness; none of it. All they can derive a pale mockery of real joy from, is finding rationalisations for believing that they are in some way, inherently superior to everyone else around them.

If you attempt to take that away from them; if you feed people equally, if you clothe people equally, if you house people equally...they will destroy you for that more relentlessly than for any other reason. They will use whatever means are at their disposal, and whatever excuses they have to make; but they cannot, more than anything else, allow equality to survive. It is the one threat to them which they cannot countenance.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Dear XPLodER,

I can't tell you how much I admire your passion and spirit grounded in Constitutional principles. My opinion is that the Supreme Court will be less than friendly to OWS, but I could be wrong. They have limited those rights in the past and I don't see why they would change, but perhaps they will. Remember, the Constitution is what the Court says it is.

You are a gallant knight in shining armor facing the dragon. I wish you well.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think the occupy movement is more important than we think at the moment because it is allowing networking and people with similar viewpoints to come together and solidify their views. I think that it will lay the groundwork for some future events. The occupy movement's core message is about corruption in big corporations and congress. It is a result of the internet, which has been causing social unrest world-wide. This next decade is going to be very interesting and it's starting to look like a whole new type of society will be emerging.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
that picture looks almost like a propaganda piece designed and carried out by agent provacs working for the city or contracted on their behalf by one of the fine secret agencies..

hate america, but dont burn its flag, its the patriots symbol still even though the people who hide behind it no longer believe in it.

trust me, one day people will pick up a gun in the name of that flag and wont be afraid to fire it against all foreign and domestic enemies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join