It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Sure but I have yet to see Occupy push for restoring the constitution.

There actions and words only try to lead away from it.

The only time they use the word constitution is to say they have a right to protest, yet they ignore the very principals and foundations that provided them that right.
edit on 30-1-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The first thing i saw with the occupy movement is that there is no occupy movement in terms of organization.
Then there is a number of people that joined occupy that have ulterior motives.

There are the Drug users and dealers
The bums and homeless looking for free handouts and occupy food lines.
The anarchist looking to start riots and confront the police
the police undercovers that are there to cause a riot and arrest anyone they can.

In many cases these people outnumber the true occupy movement in many cases.
But many of the occupy people have not watched out who is hanging on there coattails because it made the numbers of people a lot higher.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

No clear message or goals. They are not even protesting the government for christs sake.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If someone came to your house, took your
wife and daughters dignity, plan to shoot/?

How did your wife/daughters dignity equate to a flag?
you lost me.

For one, I do not know
if they are just after the flag.
Second, I have family who died
fighting for that flag and only
a commie or anti-american jack
boot thug would do this type of thing.

You had family die for a flag? Yeesh. I can't imagine what they would do for money.
edit on 1/30/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
You had family die for a flag? Yeesh. I can't imagine what they would do for money.

I have, and so have millions
of other Americans.
Of course a measly
worm can't imagine
fighting in a war protecting
their country it is unfathomable
for a dog to think about brain surgery.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Really? Are we all this blind here at ATS or what?

The clash originated near the Kaiser Convention Center when more than 250 demonstators gathered around noon to march through the streets, threatening to take over the vacant center.

1 of 2 vacant centers. In case you don't know, that means they are empty/unused

that crowd swelled to nearly 2,000 people who began destroying property around the area. Around 3pm, @OaklandPoliceCA tweeted "Area of Oakland Museum and Kaiser Center severely impacted.

So 250 demonstrators show up at 12:00am. Within just three hours, it swells up to nearly 2000?

the protests resulted in more than 300 arrests and a forced entry into City Hall to burn an American flag.

So how many of you actually read the end of the article and didn't just stop right there? After reading through many replies, I can see that not very many did. I also can't believe the amount of effort people are putting into ignoring each other. Let's just keep spatting out the exact same point over and over why don't we.

What does burning a flag at City Hall have anything to do with the Occupy movement trying to set their headquarters at 1 of 2 vacant buildings?

Why is this such an important debate here? Why isn't anyone discussing the vacant buildings?

Police denying occupy to serve food or to meet up anywhere.
Police using tear-gas then denying they used tear gas even though they got caught on video.
Occupy angered by not being allowed to use 1 of 2 vacant buildings as a headquarters to serve food and as a place for meet-ups.

Because a flag was burned at a different location? Good distraction for the brainwashed I suppose.

EDIT: This just adds to it. In my mind, this has CIA written all over it.
edit on 1/30/2012 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

of other Americans.
Of course a measly
worm can't imagine

They didn't die for a flag. They died for corporate interests and the aggressive expansion of the American empire.

Before you say it, no, I am not a communist, anti-American, or any other denigrating thing you can think of to call me. However, I am not a rabid ultra nationalist such as yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Blah blah blah blah Bank.

Blah blah blah blah corporatism.

blah blah blah blah blah.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

of other Americans.
Of course a measly
worm can't imagine

They didn't die for a flag. They died for corporate interests and the aggressive expansion of the American empire.

Before you say it, no, I am not a communist, anti-American, or any other denigrating thing you can think of to call me. However, I am not a rabid ultra nationalist such as yourself.

They died for a flag. unaware of the corporate interests behind the battle. most americans are like that nowadays. almost all the soldiers are like that.

they aim to be patriots unaware that they are destroying the nation they wish to serve.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Correcting from within,by your own people, is a much better choice than letting the problem linger,and eventually lead to an uprising or interference by other countries.....Of course there are always people who take advantage of any irregular situation,who must be quickly confronted and out casted by the real opposition.but they do not represent the whole community in any ways....fasten up your seat belts,people ..we are all going to have bumpy roads ahead,regardless of where we live...so cheers while we still can!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

With all due respect...this is only your opinion. To be honest most people (sadly) either do not care one way or the other or they DO think Occupy IS doing Americans a service by championing some common causes adopted by the struggling middle class. They are a lot like the "hippys" who protested the Vietnam War in their day. They eventually made a difference although at first they too were unwelcome by some and sprayed with fire hoses.

The struggling middle class welcomes the Occupy Movement and their message because it saves them from getting out there on the streets and hollering themselves what they feel....
"I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!" Even if that's all they do - its cathartic.

This clip IS the Occupy Movement encapsulates in a nutshell - the voice of the ordinary man.

edit on 30-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
People have the right to a peaceful protest but when it comes to burning your own flag then you know something isnt right and its down to the leaders we elect to sort it out. Involving police etc will just make it worse.

This is how civil war starts in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Blah blah blah blah Bank.

Blah blah blah blah corporatism.

blah blah blah blah blah.

Apathy.

There's not an app for that.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
People have the right to a peaceful protest but when it comes to burning your own flag then you know something isnt right and its down to the leaders we elect to sort it out. Involving police etc will just make it worse.

This is how civil war starts in the middle east.

When civil war starts in the middle east they burn the American Flag too.

How difficult do you think it would be for a few detractors to infiltrate OCCUPY and make them look bad by burning the flag or causing some damage? Pretty easy so you have to judge these isolated incidents on their own and consider they might just be "planted" troublemakers making trouble.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Has anyone forgeotten the 5th columnist cops who led several other protests astray when they began the violence.
All dressed in black all with the exact same combat boots on....they were cops doing bad stuff from the annonymity of the crowd.Trying to incite a riot or just simply making the protesters look bad...Can you say these were actuallu occupy guys ir were they cops in sheeps clothing?.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What u did thur is called a "fallacy of composition". It is a logical fallacy that comes about when you try to represent the whole based on only a part of the whole. Understand? My shortest yet most sense-packed post evar!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
What u did thur is called a "fallacy of composition". It is a logical fallacy that comes about when you try to represent the whole based on only a part of the whole. Understand? My shortest yet most sense-packed post evar!!!

Thousands of occupiers there partaking
in the violence. This is not just 1 or two
people, wooooord? That is why Occupy
will be stopped!
edit on 30-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I wish you could say the same for US government and police? I think you have to be balanced here, you can't say this revolutionary movement must be stopped, but not the US government.

The OWS Revolutionary movement was born because of the US government's behavior, US government has done too much over the past decades, not only to the American people, but also people around the world.

A time will come when people will say enough is enough, they tried peace, but we all saw the response to peaceful protests, even though the vast majority of continuous protests around US are peaceful, it seems slowly a more radical segment is emerging, who are willing to fight back using any means necessary.

Using any means necessary speaks for itself, if fighting back by destroying couple of government buildings, that is "using any means necessary". If fighting back is shutting down a port, it is "using any means necessary".

People have had enough, why don't you list the government's crimes, and then compare it to the very small newly born radical revolutionaries?

US Government Crimes Listed:

- Murder of American citizen Anwar Al-Awlaki
- Continuous torture under the banner of "stop resisting"
- Theft of tax payer money summed up to tens of Trillions of Dollars
- Waste of tax payer money in wars of aggression abroad which almost always leads to mass murder, chaos, and widespread human sufferings
- Deep rooted corruption which almost always leads to widespread economic suffering in America (for example printing money from thin air - then giving that money to banks "interest free", then banks loaning that money back for government spending "with high interest rates" which tax payers have to pay back. )

OWS Crimes:

- Protesting

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

How can someone call this a peaceful
protest? These people would of
started murdering passer-byes
if no police were on the scene.
Rubber bullet? Wait until they try to
destroy my property there going to
get more then a little rubber plastic
piece bullet.

Where on earth are you getting these unhinged fantasies from? They will be murdering people in the streets if the police were not there? Give me a break!

And who says the people of Occupy will want to go anywhere near your house to destroy your property? I think you will be waiting for a very long time. More unhinged fantasies.

Then why do you care
about the occupy movement
have no voice in this
your not even an AMERICAN
DAMN FOREIGNERS

You do realise that the Occupy movement is a global movement? What is it with some Americans thinking they are the centre of the universe? And who are you to tell another person from a different Country that they have no voice in this? They have every right to voice their opinion, it's called Freedom of Speech. Damn Foreigners?? How very Xenophobic of you.

If I caught them in the act
with my gun on my hip
I would make sure he is not
armed then I would jack him
straight in the jaw, hold him down
until the police got here.
NOT STEALING BURNING MY FLAG.

Wow, so you actually believe someone from the Occupy movement would be bothered to go all the way to your home and steal your flag to burn? More unhinged fantasies.

Your hiding behind the computer faux bravado and imaginary/fantasy replies are cringeworthy and embarrassing and really shows just what kind of a person you really are.

edit on 30-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The flag is supposed to be a symbol of freedom in this country.

If we can't have freedom of privacy, to protest, etc, then what is the point in caring about that flag anyway?

My grandfather who fought in WWII once told me, he fought so that I could be free. My grandparents kept a flag all of their lives, and to them it meant freedom. I'm so glad they are not around to see all of these things they suffered to keep for us, being destroyed bit by bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join