It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
congress has an approval rating of 13% and a disapproval rating of 81%, someone knows why they are there.

Because the people of the US, including occupy protesters would rather do anything except for participating in government?

Contrary to what you might think, protesting a situation that has been present for over a hundred years is not participating in government. Participation would be researching candidates, voting / supporting the one who best meets your ideals and goals, and then to follow up once elected to ensure they are doing their job of representing the people they represent - ALL of them and not just the ones who voted for them.

But instead they would rather shut down city streets, dump crap in the middle of the street all the while antagonizing the police so they can put it out over live feeds to show how evil the police are.

Yup - They are WELL on their way to changing things for the better. You know, since the police have absolutely nothing to do with why they are protesting.

/end sarcasm

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MCJustJ

He may have been switching from his phone to his camera. the feed is back up live. he streams with an HD Camera and pack donated by UStream, and switched to his phone to save battery.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Is there another stream maybe?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
ABC

Ariel view of the protest from ABC

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Scores of Occupy protesters marched through the streets of Oakland, California, on Saturday afternoon, planning to take over a building that will serve as their new home base.

While touting the action as "Move-In Day" on their website, occupyoaklandmoveinday.org, organizers have not stated what "large, vacant" building they plan to occupy. They also acknowledged that "like the encampment at Oscar Grant Plaza, the building move-in is not legal."

i guess they are above the law?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
ABC

Ariel view of the protest from ABC

thanks man!! Appreciate it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just in case any of you missed this:

Were you really defending this Xcat?

Are you sure they went for the officer's gun?

That sounds like crazy talk.

Did anyone else actually see anyone go for the officer's gun?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ustream link 2

I noticed the original stream has gone, but here another stream from inside the crowd.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Had you actually watched the live feed just prior to that action, you will see a protester going after an officer sidearm. So yes I am defending that action and I will actually give props to that officer for exercising restraint since he would have been justified in shooting the person who went for the other officers weapon.

Any reason you cant show the entire incident?
Any reason you ignored the initial comments in the thread when we were discussing that very incident?.

ITs amazing how a picture can go from justified to you vilifying by leaving out a key fact.

Out of curiosity did you even see the action just prior to that officers reaction? If not, then why did you post the image, where did you get your info and can you link us to the source so we can see how the other incidents are being portrayed?

edit on 28-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

At this point they where pushing the crowd back. Behind the officer, right by the van there is someone who is injured. I seen two police on the floor either treating/beating him. I say /beating because i seen a police officer run to him from way back and it looked as if the guy was pushed to the floor and took a few hits. So either injured or being arrested, was quite hard to tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
the aerial feed shows a lot of cops closing in!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
These are all the streams i could find -

www.ustream.tv... (@OakFoSho)
www.ustream.tv... (@BellaEiko)
www.ustream.tv... (@punkboyinsf)
www.ustream.tv... (@jeffkloy)
www.ustream.tv... (@OaktownPirate)
www.ustream.tv... (@bobsterrrob)
www.ustream.tv... (@pixplz)

They are putting on gasmasks and moving up now

edit on 28-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Respectfully if you cant tell, then why bother guessing since its obvious that guess is going to be anti law enforcement?

Protesting is not protesting when people drag crap into the middle of the city streets, refusing to allow traffic drive through the areas. That would be called rioting.

When people are being arrested, REGARDLESS of the event, the safety of the person being arrested becomes the officers responsibility. If the police fail to keep other "protesters" back, and the person being arrested is injured because of that, the responsibility falls on the officer. The officers making the arrest are protected by the line so they are not attacked from behind, like the drunk coward did in the Baltimore incident.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did anyone else actually see the protesters go for the officer's gun? Sorry for the repetitive question but Xcat has misinformed me in the past so I have difficulties giving them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What idiots take kids to this??? Jesus!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone try to grab the gun, and for the poster above you, i was only saying what i saw and what it looked like.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Did anyone else actually see the protesters go for the officer's gun? Sorry for the repetitive question but Xcat has misinformed me in the past so I have difficulties giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Your inability to read and remember what you type is your problem, so stop trying to blame me for your lies.

As I said, and you apparently missed, we discussed this in the thread already. Are you really that lazy to go back and review, read the discussion to get yourself caught up to speed?

Link the footage where you got the screen shot from. If you dont want to because you will be proven wrong I understand.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
I haven't seen anyone try to grab the gun, and for the poster above you, i was only saying what i saw and what it looked like.

Yeah its funny how your position, which is the blame the police, is just ignored with no one asking any more questions, yet the people who saw something different are called liars.

The ironies abound yet some people are just to slow to get it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pending verification...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Anyone else feel like the atypical bongo drums being played at these rallies are starting more and more like the drums of war?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join