It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If you read my comment, you would of seen how i put out the possibility that the person was injured and being treated, or being arrested. I stated that it "looked" like he took a hit, doesn't mean he did.

I never said anything that was certain, hence why i never said that the person WAS injured/beaten/arrested, i just reported what i saw.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Pending verification...

Would this be where im suppose to act like you did and jump up and down and call you a liar over and over?

You really need to grow up and stop derailing threads with your childish antics,

By the way im still waiting for you to give me a response to my questions you seem to be ignoring. Link to where you got the photo please. Any reason you didnt post the video footage? Did you watch that entire incident from start to finish, or did you just get the screen shot and decide to pull an Alex Jones?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

actually you stated it looked like he was being beat.

Contrary to popular belief there is a difference between being arrested, treated and beat.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I thnk this is where all the excitement started:

www.ustream.tv... 13 mins in

www.ustream.tv... 42 mins in
edit on 28-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

key word, "looked"....

2nd

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Xcat, I'm not derailing. Your bias for law enforcement makes it difficult to discuss these topics with you which is why I question your interpretation of the incident. No one else saw the protesters go for the gun but you're adamant in your attempt to push this version of the story.

You seem to still be a little sore from our previous interactions, I'm not here to discuss our past. My mention of your dishonesty was kind of off topic so I will drop it as long unless you continue to bring it back up.

Please stay on topic Xcat, I'm not here to bicker with you. We have an officer pointing a gun at unarmed protesters and you're defending these actions with the allegations that the protester went for his gun, no one else saw it from what I can tell so your version isn't very convincing.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Uhm ok.. please point that part out being I am not seeing it in your post. Im not trying to be an ass, however I am getting tired of people who dont take accountability for what they are saying and for lobbing baseless allegations around with nothing to back it up.

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

At this point they where pushing the crowd back. Behind the officer, right by the van there is someone who is injured. I seen two police on the floor either treating/beating him. I say /beating because i seen a police officer run to him from way back and it looked as if the guy was pushed to the floor and took a few hits. So either injured or being arrested, was quite hard to tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This isn't a protest. This is a non-violent (thus far) riot. Nothing more, nothing less. Any attempt this far to contain this and stop the crowds from just running wild across streets that HAVE ACTIVE TRAFFIC traveling down them meets with the protesters destroying barriers and fences. Tear gas? They get out gas masks....

I'm sure this is all great fun and cause for happiness to some....but this is a sign of tragedy to my eyes. The cops DO NOT lose. EVER. EVER EVER. Let me say this again, for the slow and dim witted among us. THE POLICE DO NOT LOSE, EVER. If Occupy escalates, so will the police. In numbers and hardware. The bay area has 10's of thousands of police ON DUTY at any given moment.....and can double that number if needed.

The call for bay area mutual aid went out a short time ago, which means cops around the bay area are now suiting up and piling into buses to outnumber the rioters by as high a margin as is needed. If arrest is the plan, then every last human body on the streets will leave the streets in handcuffs and NOTHING can be done to prevent that end result........resistance will just add injury where it didn't HAVE to be.

Want to be mad? Look to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI with their Incident Response and Tactical Command centers in D.C.. That is who is running this now and who is ordering your skulls cracked and your tails tossed into jail for however long it is this time.

C'mon.. Protest. Go to D.C.. Knock off this pointless street fighting with the cops. It isn't even cute anymore, it's just pathetic and infuriating for law abiding people to watch. If this is meant to get public support...it's an EPIC FAILURE.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Uhm ok.. please point that part out being I am not seeing it in your post. Im not trying to be an ass, however I am getting tired of people who dont take accountability for what they are saying and for lobbing baseless allegations around with nothing to back it up.

Originally posted by Trolloks

At this point they where pushing the crowd back. Behind the officer, right by the van there is someone who is injured. I seen two police on the floor either treating/beating him. I say /beating because i seen a police officer run to him from way back and it looked as if the guy was pushed to the floor and took a few hits. So either injured or being arrested, was quite hard to tell the difference.

"I say /beating because i seen a police officer run to him from way back and it looked as if the guy was pushed to the floor and took a few hits. So either injured or being arrested, was quite hard to tell the difference."

When i wrote that, explaining why i thought he could of recived a beating. For all i know, he could of fell while running away and the police could be treating him, i don't know, i just wrote what i saw.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Learn the law then get back to me.

Second - question for anyone. Oakland PD, when the first go around started with the injured Marine, stated the Oakland Police Department does not use Rubber bullets and they have none in their inventory.

First does anyone know if that policy changed when the interim chief resigned a few months back?
Secondly does anyone know who lives in the area if all of the officers present are solely Oakland PD, or are they mixed agencies like before.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

...however I am getting tired of people who dont take accountability for what they are saying and for lobbing baseless allegations around with nothing to back it up.

Kind of like what you're doing when you claim the protesters went for their gun?
edit on 28-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
An article from 2 days ago:

America’s performance was even worse. It dropped from 20th to 47th position on the back of heavy-handed police tactics at a string of demonstrations against corporate greed.
A number of journalists – as well as protesters – were arrested as the Occupy movement swept across the country.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Just an FYI comment.

Now they are under arrest!!!

link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Fair enough.. I will let it go.

This particular topic is a pet peeve of mine because of the general lack of knowledge on the local / state laws as well as federal laws, civil rights etc.

People who arent familiar jump to conclusion based on perception, and its usually wrong / off base.

The motto for the site is deny ignorance... Some people dont seem to understand that.

Thanks for your clarification.

link   
they seem to be saying every one is gonna be under arrest think it might be be intresting watching them try to do this love the nice "SUBMIT message that clown is saying

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Game over..... Oakland PD just announced that everyone within their cordon is under arrest... I've been waiting for this and it was only a matter of time. Now it appears that those who mass will be arrested and charged. No more "safe sidewalk" games...no more stepping outside some imaginary protest area to avoid it. It's EVERYONE.

Should be interesting..but it really was inevitable for it to come to this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
An article from 2 days ago:

America’s performance was even worse. It dropped from 20th to 47th position on the back of heavy-handed police tactics at a string of demonstrations against corporate greed.
A number of journalists – as well as protesters – were arrested as the Occupy movement swept across the country.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Just an FYI comment.

Now they are under arrest!!!

Question - Do you think media is exempt from laws while covering events like this? Or any event for that matter? Do you think the people in the crowd with live feeds should be allowed to breach the lines at will and if so why if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

"Attention marchers. you have failed to disperse by the lawful orders of the OPD
You are now under arrest.
SUBMIT to the arrest"

SUBMIT?!?!?!

I think we as a nation have submitted enough already.
"Submitting" is how we got in this mess in the first place!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
now it's getting violant!!

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Game over..... Oakland PD just announced that everyone within their cordon is under arrest... I've been waiting for this and it was only a matter of time. Now it appears that those who mass will be arrested and charged. No more "safe sidewalk" games...no more stepping outside some imaginary protest area to avoid it. It's EVERYONE.

Should be interesting..but it really was inevitable for it to come to this.

Thats what happens when people confuse lawful protest with rioting / criminal actions. One would think that they would have learned how to protest by now but apparently not.

link   

Xcat - please keep this in mind when you are talking about the Oakland Police Dept

Oakland Police Face Federal Takeover Due To Excessive Force

Written by Associated Press on January 27, 2012 10:39 am

edit on 28-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join