It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich/ Ron Paul ( Ron Paul as VP would that work for you? )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I know most people on ATS support Ron Paul but in the event that he does not win the GOP ticket and Newt Gingrich does would you support a ticket with Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul as vice president?

So far Ron Paul has not won the state yet and I do not believe he will win the GOP ticket. If he ran as an independent I think that would only hurt the GOP and I do not believe he would have a chance at winning the election. The last time someone ran as an independent it only hurt their party I am talking about Ralph Nader.

Ron Paul and Ralph Nader remind me a lot of each other. They are both good men with great ideals but just a little bit out there. Would Ron Paul fans support a ticket with him as vice president? I do not think America is ready for Ron Paul to be president but I think they would be open to him as vice president.

For those like myself that have apprehension about what Ron Paul I would vote for the ticket with him as the VP. I believe Ron Paul is a good man with good intentions but I do not believe in his foreign-policy as far as the military and I am not sold on how he would handle the domestic issue's. I think there is a middle ground between what he wants and what is realistic. The other main issue I have is that I do not see him accomplishing anything with Congress. He does not have a good track record of passing bills and bringing Washington together.

This is not a Ron Paul hate thread so I hope people do not try to flame about this. I am just curious to see if people would vote for a ticket as Ron Paul as VP. I think with Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul working together we could actually see change in our government. Newt Gingrich does know how to work the system and that is something he has going for him. If he had Ron Paul by his side influencing the policies there may be some hope and I am sure that they would win against Obama. I do not believe Ron Paul will win the ticket or win against Obama. I think out of any of the candidates Newt would have the best chance but in the end I think it would be a close race.

Newt Gingrich/Ron Paul ticket I think would be a landslide win for the Republican party. This is a what if scenario so I am asking the people please stick to the topic and do not spam what I have been seeing on other threads. I already know there are many Ron Paul supporters this is solely to see if they are open minded enough for something like this.

edit on 28/1/12 by masqua because: Trimmed caps from title

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
But...
I don't even...
I mean...
What..?

Newt Gingrich is a GD bankster shill, and if the US ever vote in one of those again, that will be the very end of us all. That's my belief.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Guess you missed this one.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You...

ARE...

DREAMING.

Here, let me put another period in there...

There is no way in HELL RP would be anywhere NEAR a Gingrich Presidency.

And to directly answer your question, no, it does not, in any way, shape or form work for me. And very much luck in getting one single other RP supporter to agree...IF, that is, they really know anything about Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I just wanna expand on my point, and get ready for it to be somewhat outside of what you are asking; I believe we are coming to a crossroads in the expansion of our consciousness. It is growing ever wider, and we have multiple, alternative futures ahead of us (as planned, I believe). If we can see past the Hegelian dialect and stop being fooled by empty promises, that will signal the positive, enlightened way we have chosen. If we on the other hand choose Gingrich or any presidential candidate like him, we are left with to our own devices, and our evolution will stop under a hellish world government and the RFID.

Very sorry to go off the thread like this, I hope we can have some healthy discussions without me derailing the thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Gingrich will be Unable to attain enough Delegates to Win the GOP Nomination , neither will Santorum .

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If you wanted Biden as president (as if...) would you vote Obamama in? Has Biden done ANYTHING? He's vp, so it's only fair to say that vp doesn't mean anything. This would only happen as a desperate attempt by newt for votes and I'm confident Ron would tell him where he can shove it

IMHO

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I guess you could have answered simply.

I am glad that you think that people should listen to veterans.

I am a veteran and I am voting for Newt Gingrich for the reason I stated and also I do not believe he has a chance at winning the GOP.
My father is a veteran and he is voting for Newt Gingrich because he does not like what he has said about World War II and the idea of withdrawing all troops from posts around the world.

I want a president who will accomplish things and I do not believe that Washington will work with Ron Paul they have not in the past. I have no doubt Ron Paul is a good man but we need a good leader.

I am hoping this thread does not get Trolled completely but I may be asking too much.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IFeelForty

Joe Biden is ineffectual but if you remember Dick Cheney influenced George Bush quite a bit. I guess it's about the man himself. I think my Paul would be a good vice president I don't think he would be like Joe Biden.

However you may be right that Ron Paul is a quiet person and he may stand to the side and let things happen instead of becoming involved.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If ron paul doesn't get the nomination I fully expect him to run as independent. If he doesn't, I will be very disappointed, almost as disappointed as I was when I heard he was running as republican to begin with.

Let me be clear, there is nothing wrong with traditional republican beliefs, I hold them myself. However, what the party has become is not what they represent any longer. That can be said of both parties.
edit on 27-1-2012 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ron Paul / Newt Gingrich possibly but politically/ideologically they are almost opposite.

Newt has lobbied for Obamacare, believes in climate change and carbon taxes, has voted for big spending, big government, is a draft dodging chickenhawk, supports the Patriot Act and NDAA, has voted for globalist organizations like NAFTA, GATT, the WTO and the UN. Is a member of the CFR and Bohemian Grove...

For Ron Paul to partner with Newt Gingrich would tarnish everything Ron Paul has built over a lifetime.
edit on 27-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
thats perfect gladtobehere.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Ron Paul / Newt Gingrich possibly but politically/ideologically they are almost opposite.

Newt has lobbied for Obamacare, believes in climate change and carbon taxes, has voted for big spending, big government, is a draft dodging chickenhawk, supports the Patriot Act and NDAA, has voted for globalist organizations like NAFTA, GATT, the WTO and the UN. Is a member of the CFR and Bohemian Grove...

For Ron Paul to partner with Newt Gingrich would tarnish everything Ron Paul has built over a lifetime.
edit on 27-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Instead of me looking at differences I have been trying to see where they can come together. There have been several occasions where news Newt has agreed with Ron and as far as I know Newt Gingrich has not attacked Ron Paul publicly they have disagreed but I expect that.

To be honest I don't like any of the candidates I wish there was someone else but these are our choices. As crappy as it is. I remember saying the same thing last election. The last time I really like the candidate was named Ralph Nader ran. If Ron Paul runs as an independent I think it will be a repeat of that election.

I like a lot of things about Ron Paul but I do not believe we will get the nomination. Even though I like him as a person I do not think he would make a good president. I do not like Newt Gingrich as a person but as a president I think he is the best choice. I would like to see Ron Paul as the vice president no matter who is the nominee because I think he could do some good. If he isn't in the system then how can he effect it?

From what I am seeing on here most people will either vote for Obama or not vote at all is Ron Paul is not the nominee. From what I am seeing with the polls and what has happened so far you will not be the GOP nominee.

That is the reason why I have started this thread is to seek if he will have a future in the White House.

Thank you for answering honestly I know it is not something most people want to think about.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No way.

I am NOT transferable.

And to Newt?

Newt is only agreeing with Ron Paul as a means to an end.

Was I the ONLY one that heard that comment about he wanted to let Mastercard and Visa manage an immigration problem because the government wouldn't? And arrest judges? Oh I bet he loves NDAA, he can use the military to arrest ALL the judges.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Ron paul with newt Gingrich

NEVER!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Is the idea to then spend the next 4 years praying the president has a heart attack?

Why would Paul accept a position of no real authority to give a veneer of respectability to a rival.

Help me out? Whats the benefit of being 'the spare'.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The only reason anyone would ask Paul to the VP seat would be in hopes that people that support him will fall onto that bandwagon, and to most it would be blatently obvious. I seriously hope and seriously doubt he would even consider such a a thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
if newt gets anywhere near that whitehouse you can all kiss those 2 pieces of paper the founders fought so hard for to become our reality goodbye.
this man is nothing more than a tool. and this tool was inserted at a time when it seemed ron paul was going to pull away. now you got gingrich firing things up and providing illogical soundbytes. and all you ever see is newt and mitt. it is deplorable the way they have just let newt hijack this process. he is nothing more than a tool. a tool to get ron paul out of any possibilty for a gop nomination.
independant is what ron paul needs to do. there are many who love him but will not vote for him as republican, and some who wont if he is dem. as independant he will rake in votes from both sides of the aisle, and i believe he will pull enough votes from the others that he will win. but will he go that route? doesnt seem likely. if he really cares for this country as much as it seems he will run on this platform and all these conversations will be moot.
only way he loses under this scenario is if they steal it from him. wont be the first time this will have happened to a candidate.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree that it is the obvious part. That is also the way deals are made in Washington. That is why I'm asking this question. To see if Paul supporters would support him even if he was vice president regardless of who the president would be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join