It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich/ Ron Paul ( Ron Paul as VP would that work for you? )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The only way I would ever support this, is if I was assured the relationship was the same as the Bush / Cheney 8 years, where the the vice president really made the decisions, and the president was just the spokesman.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Cain just endorsed Gingrich a few hours ago so we may see a ticket with those two on it.

I would vote for a Gingrich/Paul ticket preferably. I am one that does not believe Paul has a snowballs chance at winning an neither does anyone else that look at the numbers or history that is why I am not even entertaining the thought of it.

Its OK to dream but I try to be realistic.

From the overwhelming responce I have gotten on here if Paul were to run as VP with Newt it would only hurt Newt because all of Pauls supporters would abandon him. Maybe it is better this way.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Doing that is exactly what causes the problem. They tell you he doesn't have a chance so you vote against him. It's how the media controls elections. More people are fighting back than they did in 08 and that is exactly why he has higher numbers. That is why he had a second place win. Add yourself to that number. Change people's mind. Fight back a little. He could win if less people bought into the idea you are putting forth here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Doing that is exactly what causes the problem. They tell you he doesn't have a chance so you vote against him. It's how the media controls elections. More people are fighting back than they did in 08 and that is exactly why he has higher numbers. That is why he had a second place win. Add yourself to that number. Change people's mind. Fight back a little. He could win if less people bought into the idea you are putting forth here.

You need to read the OP and my previouse posts. I am not sold on Paul. I would support him as VP but not as the president. I have different views than your own.

Do not be so quick to think everyone supports Paul. He has a flawed idealogy IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
OP, you're delusional if this is what you believe.

Why are you asking if Ron Paul would be okay for a VP of Newt? It should be the other way around.

Newt doesn't qualify for the Missouri or Virginia ballot. We may find he doesn't qualify for more in the months ahead. He doesn't have near the numbers Ron Paul has in supporters or poll numbers and potential voters.
It's like asking if Clinton would have been an acceptable VP for Walter Mondale. But you're touting it like Newt is the Great White Hope while dismissing Ron Paul.

I can only surmise you're a victim of the media canards.

And your whole "I'm a Veteran" logic doesn't fit. Ron Paul has the most support from military than all the others combined, and he's a PEACE candidate, who actually SERVED in the military. Newt is a Warhawk...specifically a CHICKEN HAWK...who would have us involved in WW3 before the new curtains were hung in the White House.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
OP, you're delusional if this is what you believe.

Why are you asking if Ron Paul would be okay for a VP of Newt? It should be the other way around.

Newt doesn't qualify for the Missouri or Virginia ballot. We may find he doesn't qualify for more in the months ahead. He doesn't have near the numbers Ron Paul has in supporters or poll numbers and potential voters.
It's like asking if Clinton would have been an acceptable VP for Walter Mondale. But you're touting it like Newt is the Great White Hope while dismissing Ron Paul.

I can only surmise you're a victim of the media canards.

And your whole "I'm a Veteran" logic doesn't fit. Ron Paul has the most support from military than all the others combined, and he's a PEACE candidate, who actually SERVED in the military. Newt is a Warhawk...specifically a CHICKEN HAWK...who would have us involved in WW3 before the new curtains were hung in the White House.

Nowhere does it say when I joined the military that I would have to vote with the majority. That is something that is personal and is left to every individual. My choice is Newt whether you like it or not.

Does everyone that supports Paul watch MSN? I see a lot of people blaming MSM but I can tell you that is not one of the stations that I care to watch.

I would support Paul as a VP but nothing else so if it isn't obvious to you yet why I started this thread you will probably never understand.

I also the put talk about WW3 in the same category as Y2K and 2012 end of the world fairytells.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

In the post I replied to you said "It's ok to dream" so I took that as an implication that you would if you weren't being "realistic." So you aren't sold on Paul.. ok. I have to ask though. How on Earth could you be sold on any of the other candidates? They aren't honest men, they flip flop, or in Newt's case just lie. Therefore they have no trustworthy selling points.

You in all honesty cannon say without a doubt and being realistic say that you know they will do anything they say. Especially Newt. It is a gamble with your vote, because in all likelihood you will not get what you are sold. With Paul you will get everything he says. Both what you like and don't like. With the others you will likely get only things that are being offered by the current establishment. There is a set course for America outlined by the billionaires that are funding all the candidates (Paul is the only one with NO billionaire corporate backers), nothing will change. If you want to be realistic rather than dream then you need to stop dreaming that these guys aren't lying their asses off to you to get your vote.
edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I was for referring to the dream part as speaking to others. Sorry that confused you it was not ment to.

I do believe Ron Paul is a good man with good intentions even if they are misguided IMO. What I believe is that we need a good leader someone who can get things done in Washington. I believe Newt can do that and he has done that. Ron Paul's track record is not good he has only been able to get one bill passed. That to me is not leadership.

I hope you see now where I am coming from. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well looks like RP is already bowing to the heads of the supposed corrupted 1%. This story just broke a couple of hours ago, now whatever happened to RP not taking these endorsements seriously?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Originally posted by Grimpachi

Nowhere does it say when I joined the military that I would have to vote with the majority. That is something that is personal and is left to every individual. My choice is Newt whether you like it or not.

Does everyone that supports Paul watch MSN? I see a lot of people blaming MSM but I can tell you that is not one of the stations that I care to watch.

I would support Paul as a VP but nothing else so if it isn't obvious to you yet why I started this thread you will probably never understand.

I also the put talk about WW3 in the same category as Y2K and 2012 end of the world fairytells.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

So you support a Pro War HAWK? Which Newt himself admits to being? You can look at Newt Gingrich's record and see that he philosophically supported practically every single war that has come up , and every war proposed for the future.

He would most certainly have his eye on Iran as one of his first acts. He himself hints to that. You're ignoring the very guy you say you'd support. So yes, WW3 is very probable under a Gingrich presidency.

You support a CHICKEN HAWK, who is a Neoconservative Imperialist Aggressionist when it comes to foreign policy, who is backed by Zionist money (a foreign influence) and who panders to Corporate interests.

Why would Ron Paul take a seat under HIM?

You're wasting time with the hypothetical.
edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I don't suspect that Gingrich will last much further after he's bested in Florida.

After that, if he really want's to stick it to Romney and his GOP backers he will publicly endorse Ron Paul. Virginia is going to be the real battleground. For the first time it will be only Romney and Paul. Head to head. A possible game changer.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yeah.. he has only gotten one bill passed, but that really isn't anything to judge on considering most of the congress is corrupt in the same way that Newt and Romney are! The fact that Newt can get things done so easily isn't necessarily good. Just because he got bills passed doesn't mean they are good ones. Actually Paul's real work was in blocking unconstitutional bills. Which to me says way more about him. If you are thinking a politicians effectiveness is based on how many bills they can pass you need to reevaluate your thinking. Look what he voted against and you can see where is heart is. Look what Newt voted for and you can see where his heart is. Also keep in mind that most bills passed are NOT good for us. We want less government not more.

I have seen this argument before and it really concerns me because getting support by crooked, paid for congressman isn't what makes a good politician.

Don't forget these are the people that are passing these bills. They are the opposite of who we want controlling out government and Paul is (thankfully) at odds with everything they stand for:

The more bills passed by these guys, the more likely a candidate is like them.
If we can get a good guy like Paul as president, then we can start weeding these corporate shills out of congress so we can start filling the government with honest people so a president like Paul can get real things done. I am confident that if he gets in the honest guys in congress will be less likely to vote with the shills out of fear of not being reelected.
edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

So in short I take it that you would not vote for Ron Paul if he were to take the vice presidents spot.

That is really all you needed to say.

You are welcome to vote however you like I will not try to sway you. I did not create this thread to debate the candidates. I simply wanted to see if Ron Paul supporters would follow him to the end.

Overwhelmingly it seems most people would jump ship and that has surprised me but it does answer my question.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You asked specifically if we would support RP under a GINGRICH Presidency.

I gave you reasons why that hypothetical is ridiculous.

We can all come up with pet hypotheticals all day but it doesn't really do anything more than philosophical masturbation.

Under a NEWT GINGRICH Presidency.

1) Highly doubtful it would happen in the first place.

2) No Ron Paul supporter I know would vote for Newt based on the criteria of RP being his VP.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Yes RP supporters feel the need to convert everyone over to RP and feel the need to educate us poor Sheeple who are paid gov't shills. Please, the OP was asking a very simple question, that much like RP himself, RP supporters feel the need to walk all over it.

OH GOD, "How can you even think of such a scenario?" Well I can ask you, why not. Or in that manner, how can you even think the MSM will allow a RP presidency? If you theories about voter fraud and MSM coverage are true!

RP as president is a wet dream, if he wins the nomination magically. I would vote for him, if he gets VP slot I would be behind that. Although I could see a Gingrich/Cain ticket as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

JFK was once asked why he had chosen Linden B Johnson as his VP.

He replied, "It's better to have him inside the tent pissing o9ut than outside the tent pissing in."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Yes RP supporters feel the need to convert everyone over to RP and feel the need to educate us poor Sheeple who are paid gov't shills. Please, the OP was asking a very simple question, that much like RP himself, RP supporters feel the need to walk all over it.

OH GOD, "How can you even think of such a scenario?" Well I can ask you, why not. Or in that manner, how can you even think the MSM will allow a RP presidency? If you theories about voter fraud and MSM coverage are true!

RP as president is a wet dream, if he wins the nomination magically. I would vote for him, if he gets VP slot I would be behind that. Although I could see a Gingrich/Cain ticket as well.

Considering that most Ron Paul supporters will jump ship once he is out of the race and would not even consider him as VP I do think Herman Cain would be a better but VP because it seems that if they need didn't offer the be VP slot to Ron Paul it would only hurt his campaign. I think most of the Ron Paul supporters will not even vote once he dropps out.

I really like the idea of Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul on a ticket I think that would've been the best thing for the country.

I try not to get into these debates where people try to convert me over they think they have something new to say that we do not already know. They just can't understand how people have a different view than themselves.

I voted today so I got that out the way now I am just waiting to see who has one. I will check in the next few days because it is late here and I am going to bed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No.. they will still vote for him to make a point.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yup the vote count is Tuesday! Newt's getting attacked hard by Romney from all the negative ads he's placing in Florida. I live here too, but a NJ resident, so I'll probably won't get to pick who I want to be the Nominee. I'll be happy with Romney but I really want Newt in. We'll see on Tuesday who wins. Newt or MItt. If Santorum drops out before then and endorses Newt! He will get all the conservative support in the country! Perry, Cain and Santorum behind him. And only Huntsman and Mccain behind Romney. Although I do like Huntsman the best. I feel he will be good for some type of cabinet position. Hell all of the original candidates would be a great Republican White House!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You're joking right??
With the exception of Paul this years candidates were more akin to a clown car than a cabinet.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join