It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich/ Ron Paul ( Ron Paul as VP would that work for you? )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

i have noticed this very blatantly. all the gop are trying to sound like ron paul. they are straight ripping him off to get votes but have no intention. hell they have no understanding of what he stands for so in essence they have no understanding of what they are talking about. and it shows so much. it is so obvious.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No problem.

I actually believe that many people will vote for Ron Paul even if they have to write him in.

If he doesnt get the nomination and doesnt run 3rd Party, I fully expect a nationwide grassroots movement to move people into voting for Ron Paul as a write in candidate.

Its already in the works to a degree.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

No problem.

I actually believe that many people will vote for Ron Paul even if they have to write him in.

If he doesnt get the nomination and doesnt run 3rd Party, I fully expect a nationwide grassroots movement to move people into voting for Ron Paul as a write in candidate.

Its already in the works to a degree.

Here is a question maybe somebody knows. I know here in Florida the voting is done by computer so that being said how can one write in a candidate when it is computer generated?

My second question is does anybody really think that Ron Paul has a chance as a third-party or does everyone feel that they just need to make a statement?

I ask this honestly because I once voted for Ralph Nader even though I knew he would not went but looking back that may have cost the Democrats the election.
I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican this year I am registered as a Republican so I can vote in the primaries next election I may be registered as a Democrat if the Republicans win this year. If you register as independents here you cannot take part in the primaries.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
To be honest, RP doesn't need Gingrich, Ron Paul can beat Obama with just about any VP he chooses.

The major issue is being able to crack the GOP barrier, something his campaign is trying to do right now.

But I figure you're suggesting Gingrich's VP should be Paul but you don't really understand Paul would never be VP for Gingrich no, not even if he says he will do 'this' or 'that' because we all know how well Gingrich keeps his promises and loves to tell the truth.

I honestly think Gingrich is worse than Romney but that doesn't mean I'll vote for Romney or either of them if we're pretending they choose RP as their VP and he accepts.

I will vote third party, probably for Gary Johnson.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Here is a question maybe somebody knows. I know here in Florida the voting is done by computer so that being said how can one write in a candidate when it is computer generated?

"Write-in" is not a literal term. Electronic voting machines allow you to type in a name.

My second question is does anybody really think that Ron Paul has a chance as a third-party or does everyone feel that they just need to make a statement?

I ask this honestly because I once voted for Ralph Nader even though I knew he would not went but looking back that may have cost the Democrats the election.

Well, this is probably the best time in history to run as a 3rd Party candidate since 42% of Americans now self identify as Independents.

Its no longer possible to win without the support of Independents and Ron Paul does best among Independents, more so than Obama.

CBS Poll: Independents Prefer Ron Paul Vs Obama

So yes, Ron Paul can win. But you touch on another important point. People are also sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. We want to support someone who actually deserves it.

Fact is that neither the Republican nor the Democrat establishments want any real change. If they did, they would not be backing candidates like Romney and Gingrich, both of whom support a big centralized government, big spending, an overseas empire and hold no regard for civil liberties.

When both Parties present options that are ideologically identical, there is no real winner, because its America that loses.

So if the Republican establishment wants to "win", they have to support Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i would say yes because i like most of the points of ron paul and one of the only things i would vote for gingrich is his space vision.
for the only way to get out of economic problems is saving money closing down agencies and doing something about the fed. next to that you have to invest and create and open up a new market and the only new market we can create is a space based economy with mining in space and energie from space commercial and private.
just like the industrialisation opened up a new economic pilar in our economic base we had that time and it brought us prosperaty .

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I don't know about Florida, but I know in my state you can request a write-in ballot. It will make everyone very annoyed, but you can do it.

Also, regarding you main question, I know a rabid Ron Paul supporter who would be satisfied if Ron Paul was only the VP candidate.
edit on 28-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

My answer as a Ron Paul supporter now way. Its not about the man its about the ideas. If we agree to anything like that we would be selling out ourselves and our own belief systems. When are people going to understand this is not about business as usual. This is about getting out of a black hole before we can't get out.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So Ron Paul people are sore losers if Ron Paul doesn't get the Presidency. No we don't want our man in the White House at all!!! Listen if Newt does go into the white house with a Ron Paul VP he can still implement a little bit of what he is talking about. The OP is right you can't change the system without BEING in the system. You want him as President, but not VP? Really, are you that full of pride that you wouldn't sacrifice a bit of corruption to get good old Ron Paul at least a more powerful position? Remember even if Ron Paul is President he will be surrounded by corruption and people exactly like Newt anyway.

This is how some of you think. Let's say you get offered a Vice President job at a company and you are the janitor. They didn't promote you to CEO so you will not take the vice President Job, when you are currently a janitor!

Listen folks, he is not going to win! Face the facts and reality. Ron Paul is only mainstream on sites like this. That doesn't mean you all represent the majority of the country who I don't know actually like Newt or Mitt. But for some reason in the back of my mind I am predicting an Obama win.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Grimpachi you seem to be lost. There is a zero percent chance that Gingrich would ever pick Paul as VP. Gingrich is a banking shill. He will not be picking Paul or anyone like Paul, he might pick Romney, haha, but sry you seem to think these guys aside from Paul care about you, they don't. Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum see the presidency as a way to strengthen their own power and well-being, Newt is an establishment candidate, a Washington insider. Him and Ron Paul have zilch in common. Don't forget it, it won't happen, nor would I want it to.
edit on 28-1-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
So Ron Paul people are sore losers if Ron Paul doesn't get the Presidency. No we don't want our man in the White House at all!!! Listen if Newt does go into the white house with a Ron Paul VP he can still implement a little bit of what he is talking about. The OP is right you can't change the system without BEING in the system. You want him as President, but not VP? Really, are you that full of pride that you wouldn't sacrifice a bit of corruption to get good old Ron Paul at least a more powerful position? Remember even if Ron Paul is President he will be surrounded by corruption and people exactly like Newt anyway.

This is how some of you think. Let's say you get offered a Vice President job at a company and you are the janitor. They didn't promote you to CEO so you will not take the vice President Job, when you are currently a janitor!

Listen folks, he is not going to win! Face the facts and reality. Ron Paul is only mainstream on sites like this. That doesn't mean you all represent the majority of the country who I don't know actually like Newt or Mitt. But for some reason in the back of my mind I am predicting an Obama win.

It's got nothing to do with winning or losing, it;'s about principles. Mainstream, who cares, the more mainstream the further away we should be getting, the mainstream candidates are the problem, they are our enemy. Wake up.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think Ron was just being nice joking about that when asked,,,honestly I dont think Ron would have a thing to do with him and also, Ron is going to bust ass in Texas, Maine ,cali,hawaii and oregon so newt would be the on trying to be Rons vice pres.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

very true, i noticed that...all talking about less gov now,,,copycat fools

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I hate to see that. Newt is a liar and coward. I wouldn't even associate with a person like him in real life and I can't imagine you would either. Just know that you don't know what his true intentions are besides getting elected because he goes state to state saying what the people want to hear.

He just told Florida he would put them back in business putting a base on the moon!!! Not only is that not possible in eight years, but it negates what he has said in every other state, because it would cost billions of dollars of tax payers money. His bit about giving rewards is so nonsensical it blows my mind! Giving a reward for a guy flying his plane across the ocean is a little easier than giving a reward large enough to justify spending billions to put a base on the moon. Why does no one call that out? Who pays the reward he is talking about? How big is this reward (that I assume the taxpayers pay) that inspires companies to spend billions and billions on an effort with no return?

I am sorry, I don't know you, but I mean no disrespect, a vote for Newt is a vote for a spineless piece of garbage that will lie about anything to get what he wants. He has not one American's (excluding himself) interest in mind. He is very probably a sociopath given his actions and I would say he is the most dangerous person we could ever have as president.

The man to vote for for good measure:

edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I also liked how he threw a hissy fit over being questioned about being a cheater and asking for an open marriage when he himself tried to get Clinton impeached over the same things.

Newt is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Is the idea to then spend the next 4 years praying the president has a heart attack?

Thanks for saying it.....so I didn't have to......lol

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich as Pres and Paul as VP would be a guaranteed looser as Paul wold be the most cursed man in history b=for betrayel.

...BUT there is a winning combination and that all depends on if Mitt Romney is smart enough to see it, although, as an ex-financier, if he doesn't understnad about "reverse takeovers" he ought to be sent to stand in the corner with a dunce's hat on.

Consider the facts...

- Ron Paul is 76. If he doesn't die in office, he certanily won't make it to a second term.
- Ron Paul and Mitt Romney's supporters are mutually exclusive. To win, each one needs the others supporters to back them.
- By failing to have a clear lead, if Romney makes it to being the Presidential candidate, he will have to have spent a fortune by the time of his formal selection and will have suffered so much damage at the hands of Gingrich that Obama will slice him up at the Polls.
- Ron Paul's supporter will never vote for Mitt Romney for President.

The simple solution... Romney quits in favour of Ron Paul in exchange for the VP ticket. Given this, ROn Paul; would steam roller Obama, and fix up the Republic ready for another 200 years of through abuse at the hands of shallow politicians. Furthermore, if Romney was Ron Paul's VP, he would avoid all the bad press of the struggle to save the republic, yet be in a very, very good position to win the Presidency in 2016, if he does not inherit before then.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

Romney quits in favour of Ron Paul in exchange for the VP ticket. Given this, ROn Paul; would steam roller Obama,

Sure, it sounds good on the surface if the goal is to simply beat Obama. But, in reality....it's a flawed plan. Ron Paul having Romney as a V.P. would do nothing but thwart Paul's ability to make the changes we need. It would be like having the enemy right next to you. Romney can't be trusted. Then we'd have to worry about someone harming Paul so Romney would become president. Surely you can't be serious.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I also liked how he threw a hissy fit over being questioned about being a cheater and asking for an open marriage when he himself tried to get Clinton impeached over the same things.

Yes, but the sick part is, half the audience hooted and hollered like he was the king of the world for putting the debate moderator in his place. They were completely oblivious to the hypocrisy of it all. It was too absurd to believe.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

That's because he raved and got mad. I have been saying Paul needs to go on a tangent because most of these people don't even understand what is being said they only understand passion and emotional display (and smartass remarks i guess). I know Paul is capable as evidenced in the video I posted above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join