It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich/ Ron Paul ( Ron Paul as VP would that work for you? )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You're joking right??
With the exception of Paul this years candidates were more akin to a clown car than a cabinet.

No I've said this before but i'll say it again. All of the republican candidates ideas combined will definitely get this country on the right track and turn Obama's failed policies around.

Get Cain and RP over onto economics Throw bauchmann in there too but she wants her Congressional seat back.

Get Perry and Huntsman onto defense and energy independence

Get Romney and Cain to help corporations and balance the budget

Newt will be the spokesperson and the leader of the company. He will approve things and debate with dems in congress and the house.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yeah.. beat that is a highly unrealistic fantasy, couple that with the fact they were all full of it (some of them complete idiots and the rest just ripping their best ideas off of Paul) and you are left with nothing but idiots all squabbling for power which is what they have always been doing. When will everyone people realize that most of these people are power hungry and LYING TO YOU.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Yeah.. beat that is a highly unrealistic fantasy, couple that with the fact they were all full of it (some of them complete idiots and the rest just ripping their best ideas off of Paul) and you are left with nothing but idiots all squabbling for power which is what they have always been doing. When will everyone people realize that most of these people are power hungry and LYING TO YOU.

Funny but that's the same thing I am saying about Paul, so which one needs to wake up here. I know this stuff already, but you assume I don't because I actually do vote for someone other than paul

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Still you.. because actions speak louder than words and none of the descriptions I gave fit Paul.
Also I didn't vote for Paul last election.. I just have a little more sense now than I did then.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I laugh every time I see a thread like this. It tells me only one thing.... People still don't get it.

Ron Paul is not a Messiah. He is not a Savior and he is not a Hero.He is simply a man with a message of Freedom. The funny thing about Freedom is that it knows no color, race, sexual orientation or religion. It makes no difference who you are, you are either free or you are not.

A Vote for Ron Paul is simply a vote for Government that is responsible to it's citizens. The way I see it, the choice is very very simple. You can vote for War and spending or Trade and Fiscal responsibility. Tyranny or Freedom. Corruption or Constitutional Government. Dishonesty or Honesty. The choice is really that simple. People have plenty of opinions of Ron Paul but the fact is the man practices what he preaches. He speaks out against Medicare and Medicaid.... and he never accepted it from his patience. He speaks out against Federal Aid for student loans.... and his kids never accepted financial aid to go to school. Get it yet?

If Ron Paul agreed to be a VP for ANYONE who is currently in the race for the GOP nomination he would lose my support and my vote because what it means is that Ron Paul sold out. Not only does it mean he sold out, but a VP spot does no good. As Vice President can Ron Paul bring our troops home? No.

To answer your question, no it does not work for me. No it will not work for me. No it will never work for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

I thought caps was the only way to say that...really.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yeah.. he has only gotten one bill passed, but that really isn't anything to judge on considering most of the congress is corrupt in the same way that Newt and Romney are! The fact that Newt can get things done so easily isn't necessarily good. Just because he got bills passed doesn't mean they are good ones. Actually Paul's real work was in blocking unconstitutional bills. Which to me says way more about him. If you are thinking a politicians effectiveness is based on how many bills they can pass you need to reevaluate your thinking. Look what he voted against and you can see where is heart is. Look what Newt voted for and you can see where his heart is. Also keep in mind that most bills passed are NOT good for us. We want less government not more.

I have seen this argument before and it really concerns me because getting support by crooked, paid for congressman isn't what makes a good politician.

Don't forget these are the people that are passing these bills. They are the opposite of who we want controlling out government and Paul is (thankfully) at odds with everything they stand for:

The more bills passed by these guys, the more likely a candidate is like them.
If we can get a good guy like Paul as president, then we can start weeding these corporate shills out of congress so we can start filling the government with honest people so a president like Paul can get real things done. I am confident that if he gets in the honest guys in congress will be less likely to vote with the shills out of fear of not being reelected.
edit on 29-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Wow look at these lists. Are the American People blind, ignorant or both?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

I will say one thing about the "list" of bills Ron Paul has introduced that died.

I challenge you (anyone) to go look up the bills! Look them up, read them, and if you already know how corrupt our Congress is, it should be no surprise why the bills died. They are all bills that obviously would have been good for "We the People".

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Exactly..
If you suspect the majority are corrupt then you have to look who is obviously going against them. Getting a bill passed is easy cheesy if you are doing it for the wrong reasons and just to get bills passed. I think it was said earlier that it reflected poorly on Paul that his bills weren't passing, but it is actually the opposite.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul should be charged with shutting down and reconstituting our State Department.

Once he cleans up that nest of treasonous jihadis, then he might have a better appreciation for the enemies we face.

He would also strike fear into any foreign leader he meets with.
edit on 29-1-2012 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

There is absolutely no way in hell I would support a ticket with Gingrich anywhere on it. I don't care if Jesus was his VP. The only way I would consider support for Ron Paul is if he was in the top spot and Kucinich was his VP. I'd prefer Kucinich/Paul, however.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
So Ron Paul people are sore losers if Ron Paul doesn't get the Presidency. No we don't want our man in the White House at all!!! Listen if Newt does go into the white house with a Ron Paul VP he can still implement a little bit of what he is talking about. The OP is right you can't change the system without BEING in the system. You want him as President, but not VP? Really, are you that full of pride that you wouldn't sacrifice a bit of corruption to get good old Ron Paul at least a more powerful position? Remember even if Ron Paul is President he will be surrounded by corruption and people exactly like Newt anyway.

This is how some of you think. Let's say you get offered a Vice President job at a company and you are the janitor. They didn't promote you to CEO so you will not take the vice President Job, when you are currently a janitor!

Listen folks, he is not going to win! Face the facts and reality. Ron Paul is only mainstream on sites like this. That doesn't mean you all represent the majority of the country who I don't know actually like Newt or Mitt. But for some reason in the back of my mind I am predicting an Obama win.

No - it has nothing to do with being a sore loser. First off the likelihood of this happening is less than zero, Paul would never accept the position and Gingrich would never offer it. I will not vote in another POS that has clearly demonstrated they will do anything to get elected like Gingrich has. He is a lying sellout who is only interested in grabbing power for himself and his ego, and has proved it literally 100's of times. The fact you can't see that tells me you are either extremely ignorant, stupid, or brainwashed.

Why on Earth would I vote for someone I KNOW will be a horrible president? In my opinion there is zero difference between Obama, Gingrich, and Romney when it comes to actual actions that will be executed. All three are total sellouts that will do whatever they are told to, which will not be in the interests of the average citizen.

You are probably right, Ron Paul most likely is not going to win, that doesn't mean I will give my vote to just any one else. I take that action seriously, even if it has very little real effect, I will not vote for another piece of trash just because they are different than our current trash ever again.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well I would say one thing about Ron Paul, he did not vote against NDAA because he was too busy campigning now, if Obama or GWB would have done that the MSM would be all over that! Consistency My ass. Too busy to vote no on a bill he feels so strongly against, when you all preach about how he stands up for our civil liberties, or did you forget that RP skipped this bill?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Here I go. I love schoolin' fools.
Are you aware that the NDAA bill could pass only be getting a yes vote? A no vote and not voting were the same thing. So Paul voted no on it by not being there..

Now I would like to take this time to double up lessons up you, cuz it's early and I am feeling smug.
After voting no on it, once it passed anyway, he put forth legislation to repeal it.

If you guys weren't so busy not knowing anything about Paul and bashing him anyway, you might be a fan of his. Now, off to school with you.
edit on 30-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What most people don't understand, is that it is the principals most of us stand behind, not the person. The only person that has stood up time and time and time again is Ron Paul. Anyone that has done any serious research into voting histories without the bias glasses on could see that. I was dubious at first and dug in ready for disappointment, I was pleasantly surprised. For the first time in my life I was interested in a candidate's message, that had a long recorded history to prove it was not just empty words.

If Ron Paul became the VP of one of these dancing monkey politicians in DC, he would be spitting in the face of everything he has stood for his whole political career. He would alienate like 90% of his supporters if he did that.

edit on Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:57:34 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join