It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of spider is this??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
That's not a spider - THIS is a spider.......

Oh yes..

...Fried in oil with a nice drop of Chianti, delicious.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Isn't that the one who carries their babies on their bodies, making them sometimes look bigger than they are? A friend of mine caught one (on the same day he managed to be bitten on the face by a brown recluse), he had it in a ziplock bag and told me to touch it (before I knew what it was), when I saw those babies scatter, it kinda grossed me out. It makes me think of Transformers. I get chills just thinking about it

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
/me WHACKS THREAD, HATE SPIDERS. KILL IT WITH FIRE..

noting good ever comes from posting links to spiders.. EVER..

STOP IT.... yarrgh I'm all creeped out now..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Its strange I know absolutely nothing about spiders but when I seen your photo the word "wolf" came into my mind...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Wow! That's almost as big as the one's we have in Florida!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger

I nearly shat green, but I opted for the pink instead.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would like to thank all the people that helped to identify the spider!!

Now i know its a garden orb spider, and go around acting like i know stuff. lol

Thanks guys, and girls, i knew this was the place to do it!! Appreciated!

vvv

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Iamschist

None in my house for over a year now
I have had to become a cleaning nazi to get that way but i don't care if it makes the missus and kids uncomfortable, at least i know there haven't been any eight legged critters around. They must have a spider oral tradition by now - don't go inside or the mystical beast known as "Dyson" will eat you!
I leave small web spiders living peacefully under pieces of furniture where they won't bother anyone. It's surprising how large and nasty looking the spiders they catch for meals are. I'd rather have the wee ones who stay put and don't bite humans on the premises than the wolf spider types that go roaming and biting you in your jammies. And I agree, as beautiful as Australia is and as great as the people seem to be, I could not live there either because of the spiders. There are parts of the US I do no want to live in either, for the same reason. Unfortunately though Brown Recluses have made their way where I live. I've been bitten, it is a horrible, awful experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
woah this thread gives me the creeps - and stop re-posting that image by OzTiger !

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Eff this thread! I know what kind of spider it is... the kind that freaks me out.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Perfect name!

Because I am quite sure most people would need a change of underwear after seeing that spider.

Originally posted by camouflaged

They call that type of species down under the "crapius dunnyrollious" i heard their venom wipes you out

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When I was about 14 I moved house with my parents. When we got to the new house the removal men who had arrived before us told me there was something for me in the bath. You should have seen their faces when I walked up to them with this rather large black house spider in my hand.

I'm with you Hellhound - think spiders are facinating. But then English spiders don't tend to be too dangerous although I have been nipped by one or two over the years. Have found the technique of picking them up in cupped hands then shaking my hands vigarously till I get spider to safety - they can't get a grip on you then!

It truly amazes me how many of you arachnaphobes out there have looked at this thread despite the horrors

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

I ALWAYS look. I gave up horror movies ages ago but love to scare myself with spider PICTURES. I don't care to look at the real thing.

I will pick up spiders even hairy ones if I am sure they are not the kind likely or able to bite. I can jiggle them too, long enough to keep them disoriented so I can put them outside. But in those situations I am in control, and I can control my reactions and steady my nerves. All bets are off if they catch me by surprise, like the one that dropped on my lap from the exhaust fan when I was on the toilet.

I did used to even show mercy to wolf spiders. But now we have a population explosion of them, they have a habit of getting into the house, and they could bite me or my family, and they don't seem to help with earwigs, stinkbugs, camelback crickets (another horror of nature) or any of the other local insect plagues, So I have a squish on sight policy for them.

I hate orb weavers and scream bloody murder when I blunder into their webs, but I'm always impressed with their haul of annoying bugs and the fact I've never been bitten by one and they also seem as anxious to avoid me as I am to avoid them. So I attempt to pretend they don't exist and avoid their webs as best I can.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join