It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of spider is this??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
How can you hate a spider if it looks like this?

That just made me crap my pants, thanks.
Off to change

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by Hellhound604

holy cow dung

*runs away screaming into the night*

lol, then you and me should come together, then I can slowly teach you about spiders, and show you that they are quite loveable creatures

edit on 27/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

il take your word for it

i dont mind spiders as long as they stay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

im terrified of butterflies tho *shudders* i literally have a mental breakdown when i see one
lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

OK, I know I am getting slightly off-topic now, but you know what? I felt the same way about snakes, being scared of them, having nightmares about them, etc, and then I decided to do something about my fear, so I started to learn all I could about them, handling them, doing courses, etc. In the end I became a qualified snake-handler, so I could go to other people's homes and catch venomous snakes, and release them back into nature. At once stage I had more than 50 venomous snakes in my house before releasing them back into nature, and I became quite comfortable about snakes .....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

oh i tried that i went to the butterfly farm for therapy stuff, i literally slumped on the floor like a blubbering insane person, and nearly ran through the glass house windows

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

OMG that made me jump!

Someone posted that on my FB and I jumped then. lol

I would not want to come across something like that. I'd have a heart attack and freak out. Spiders I'm really scared of and not sure why. I can crush them yet I run from them lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Looks like an Orb Weaver to me.

I caught one last summer, but it was grey and dark colors. The web was HUGE!!!

After I researched it, because I had never seen that big of a spider in Minnesota, I found out some cool things that explained a lot over the next week while I held the spider in a big plastic container to watch, which was...

When you catch a female Orb Weaver, the males will come for you. Over the next few days, I found 5 males. 3 were close to where I caught the female, one had made a web across my back door, and one got in and made a web across my basement stairs. Males are smaller than the females and hang around them until one gets lucky.

I eventually let the spider go as I was feeling bad for it. The poor thing was very inactive in the container and unhappy. But when I gently dumped it out on the grass where I caught her. She sprang to life and hightailed it into the bushes.

You all do realize that your fear of spiders is a genetic memory? We are programmed to be scared of spiders and snakes because they were dangerous back before we had TV and houses to live in. Through human evolution, somehow it was programmed into the mind to fear these things for your own safety.

Spiders are very cool beings. However, I have always held to the rule that if it is on me, it dies.....lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That spider is a Araneus diadematus also known as the common garden spider

They are harmless friendly spiders

They like ti stridatae (shake) if you disturb them .

edit on 27-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
That spider is a Araneus diadematus also known as the common garden spider

edit on 27-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Just so beautiful, aren't they??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

We visited Oz this past December. My daughter's fiance's mom told a story about opening her visor while she was driving only to find a gigantic huntsman spider there and she jumped out of the car! Luckily she had just started out (in her quiet neighborhood) and the car was not going very fast at all.

Despite the spider tales we love Vic and Taz. Hope to see more of Australia next time we visit.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

oh i tried that i went to the butterfly farm for therapy stuff, i literally slumped on the floor like a blubbering insane person, and nearly ran through the glass house windows

I believe in taking the slow approach. First read up on them, when you are comfortable reading about them, look at some pictures. Study their life-cycle, and let another person catch one for you, study it in a jar (with some flowers with it, as long as it is released afterwards), look at more pictures, read more, and only when you feel you are comfortable seeing pictures, and single ones, and know a lot about their life-cycle, then you are ready to go to a butterfly-farm. Don't push it, take it slowly, and let a person that are very sympathetic to your fear, yet also knowledgeable about butterflies, slowly guide you....
edit on 27/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

LOL, I didn't read far enough before commenting before....iyiyiyi!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I dont mind spiders much at all, its cockroaches that send me running....But when I see something like this....

Dayum!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by OzTiger

We visited Oz this past December. My daughter's fiance's mom told a story about opening her visor while she was driving only to find a gigantic huntsman spider there and she jumped out of the car! Luckily she had just started out (in her quiet neighborhood) and the car was not going very fast at all.

Despite the spider tales we love Vic and Taz. Hope to see more of Australia next time we visit.

you mean, a huntsman like this cute little male?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The funniest spider vid i know of

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
lol we havew went from identifying this op spider into a spider horror show *shudders*

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
That's not a spider - THIS is a spider.......

Dude it's a good thing I would of been already on the crapper...or near one.
Because I would have lost all control of my bowels.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

lol we havew went from identifying this op spider into a spider horror show *shudders*

But is not a horror show, it is a show of some of the cutest animals that walk on the earth today...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

just for you

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Definitely an Orb Weaver of some kind... we have many similar ones around here (Far north QLD, Aus).

Orb Weavers - Google Images

Definitely an orb weaver. I have plenty of big ugly brown ones around my yard every year.

In fact if you open Navieko's link, I'd say it's the "Garden Orb Weaver" as identified on the second row, second photo over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join