It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of spider is this??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
as others have said it looks like an orb weaver of some kind.

possibly a baby white orb weaver. at least the markings on the abdomen look similar, i think.

i hate spiders....

edit on 27-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Bloody hell Chad, i just crapped myself, that god damn huntsman moves on your link it made me jump off the couch

oh gosh im such a doofus lol

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
Wolf spider....they are hunters.....i love playing with them in northern canada.

oh eek... i hope it isnt, see what damage they can do to you Wolf Spider Bites ... Images

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

It's of tghe garden variety type. I have an exact same one weaving a gigantic web right outside my back door as I type. Hate these buggers. Everytime I destroy it's cobweb, it's back again the next night. It will do that 3 or 4 times until it gets the msg then finds a new spot.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Heh I didn't notice that...awesome!

Huntsmans...Huntsmen? used to love my car, one hid under the sun visor once, not much fun having a huntsman jump onto your face while doing 110 on the highway!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol i have a lot of hair and i used to put gel and hairspray in it, any way as i walked through a doorway a huntsman fel down and plonked on my head, of course i felt it and knew exactly what it was, as i'd seen it early in the day, well the more i panicked and tried to get it out the more it tangled up with my hair

My X finally got it out, the whole time i was crying and causing my mascara to run down my cheeks.
After i calmed down i went and had a bath, then the screaming and tears started again, as i washed my hair and sat up i noticed HUGE spider legs floating around me

it was the WORST day EVER

no love and harmony for this post just *shivers

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

How do you cope daily? Seriously.....i am totally scared of spiders - to the point where if it is a choice of dark alley covered in spider webs or open street full of machete wielding maniacs, well give me the maniacs any day!

It has led me often to think how would i cope if i lived in Australia? I have friends and family over there and have never been and don't think i ever will, entirely because of the spiders. Now i realise that to you all down under this will probably seem extremely stupid but i cannot stress enough how arachnophobic i am. Whenever i talk to people i know 'down under' they usually stress the point that you don't usually see them. Talk about the missing the point!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Looks very much like the Garden Orb Spider (Eriophora Transmarina).

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
the spider in the op isnt a huntsman..
could be a baby orv weaver but thats really only going by the shape of the web...

has a body shape like a xmas spider..

.. best bet is to let it bite you.. if its fatal we will be able to narrow it down to a few select spiders!

LOL...lol...now that was a good one....dont know what kind of spider it is...but had to comet on this about the bite...llol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

How do you cope daily? Seriously.....i am totally scared of spiders - to the point where if it is a choice of dark alley covered in spider webs or open street full of machete wielding maniacs, well give me the maniacs any day!

I hate to rain on your parade or alley
, but I read somewhere that no matter day or night or where you are, inside or out you are never more than 6ft from a spider.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

None in my house for over a year now
I have had to become a cleaning nazi to get that way but i don't care if it makes the missus and kids uncomfortable, at least i know there haven't been any eight legged critters around. They must have a spider oral tradition by now - don't go inside or the mystical beast known as "Dyson" will eat you!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
that spider is freeaakkkyyy *shudders*

however i think i would literally die if i saw this one lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

That's either:
A) a very tiny roll of toiletpaper, or
B) a very big fuggen spider.

In case of A) ask neighbour for help,
in case of B) sh!t myself and burn the house.

/me is very arachnophobic
*shivers*

edit on 27-1-2012 by snewpers because: typo's... due to shivering!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WHO CARES!!! KILL IT!!!!

Ugh I hate spiders.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
what is it with you people and spiders? I just LOVE them. When I lived in SA, I refused to chase them out of my house. It was so interesting to count the amount of insect corpses (ants, mosquitoes, flies) lying underneath their nests (or webs) every morning...

and you do realise, that in besides that ONE bite of a (supposed) violin-spider, that circulates all over the web, very few people gets harmed or killed by spiders. In SA, there has not been ONE death linked to a spider bite (esp. a black widow that everybody is scared #less off) during the last 100 years!!! I met the biggest acharologist in SA more than once (Ansie Dippenaar-Schoeman), and she was of the consideration, that most so-called spider bites were never spider bites at all, but bites from other insects. I can remember being bitten by an assassin-bug once, and when the wound became septic, I went to the doctor, and he told me it was a spider that bit me, and I went "NO, it was an assasin bug that I caught, and that bit me", and the doctor said "NO, it WAS a spider...." ..... No wonder I lost all my confidence in doctors over there ....

you should be more scared of humans, after all, how many people are murdered every year in SA????

Give spiders their space, they do a lot more good than any harm. If you get a spider in your house, it is easy to catch it and put it outside.

As for black widows, you SAffers know that most 'so-called black widows' you find, are actually Brown Widows.
and as for Violin spiders, just leave them alone, or let them run onto a piece of paper, and then put the paper in a bottle, and put it outside.

Orb-web spiders, and those 'scary' rainspiders are totally harmless...
edit on 27/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How can you hate a spider if it looks like this?

lol, with all the arachnophobia I see on this thread, I get the perverse feeling to post a lot more of my own spider-photos on here, but I will try to be nice

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I know diddly-squat about arachnids, which is ironic, since I'm a scorpio, but it looks similar to the "Araneus quadratus" (aka 4 spot orb weaver). I can't tell from you picture, but does your spider have spots on its back?

[eta] I nabbed a shot of this big fella on my front porch last summer. From front foot to back was about 8-9 inches.

edit on 27-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

holy cow dung

*runs away screaming into the night*

link   
yes, the picture is not quite detailed enough to identify the specific genus, but it is definitely an orb-web spider

link   
This is what I think will happen to me whenever I encounter an eight legged devil creature.

Mmmm...mentos.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join