It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of spider is this??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Exactly how I did it.

Couldnt even look at a photo or a tomato stalk for years.

Can now touch photos and pick them up in a glass to put out, but couldn't touch one and hate it when they run.

But love to read and learn about them. They're amazing.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ugh....Why do i do it everytime, click on a spider thread?

I know i'm gonna grimace, shudder and get itchy all over, yet i still do it

That was a mean looking fat spider on that toilet roll, that one is definitely going to give me nightmares.

Also interesting to note, Garden Spiders actually bite but are not aggressive. One bit my freind through his trouser leg when he was a kid, it was quite a fat one too. He was young and shocked and said it hurt him quite a bit. That incident gave me spider fear.
The OP spider kinda looks like an albino Garden Spider, never seen them that light in the UK as they are usually darker in colour here but they are related to Orb Weavers.

I've heard of a few people say they have been nipped by a Garden Spider when they have disturbed one enough by accident whislt doing the gardening. I would imagine, but not 100% that they would be protecting their egg sack whilst the nipping is going on.
I fear them, yet they fascinate me. They weave amazing and huge webs, some also seem to be getting bigger and fattter as the years go on too.

I'm glad i don't live in Oz though, i'm really not sure how i could handle unravelling my toilet paper to find that thing staring at me. Well, atleast i'd actually be on the loo, so no need to soil any underwear

edit on 27-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
totally off-topic now, but still on the phobia-part.... I have ONE phobia that I haven't managed to rid myself off, and that is the fear of heights ..... but I guess I should save that for another time, lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ok last derailment of poor VVV's op

i done a thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... incase anyone wants to discuss fears etc

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ugh I hate this thread so much. Freaking spiders. OP should be banned for posting such offensive content, and so should a number of other members.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm going to start smashing my monitor like that cell phone ad in the restaurant!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

LOL & Love the cat!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Just for you Domo1

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Have you ever been bitten by one?

I had one bite me on the bottom of my foot. Missed about 3 days of work from being sick, all the doc did was provide antibiotics. The bite itself took about 2 years to completely heal.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What the hell is that? A mini-pony? Man, honestly,
I would die on the spot if I were to ever encounter
that thing.

I had the luck of having a big arse spider in my crappy
tent when I was in Indonesia and when I discovered
it, right next to the tents opening, I paralyzed and had
a panic attack. I will never go to .aus or .nz. EVER!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Thats a goliath spider , the heaviest spider in the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yikes, I hate spiders. The funny thing is I had a dream where I was in a room full of spiders, fortunately or unfortunately, nothing interesting happened.

But since that spider doesn't have any bright colors on it's body, it can't be that poisonous can it?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Have you ever been bitten by one?

I had one bite me on the bottom of my foot. Missed about 3 days of work from being sick, all the doc did was provide antibiotics. The bite itself took about 2 years to completely heal.

If you work with them, you have to accept that sooner or later you will be bitten... I have a number of scars showing my dealings with some very venomous creatures, but so what?????
just respect them, understand them, and understand when/why they would bite, that is all...

(but I am a pantheist, so I believe they are part of God, just as much as I am part of God, and that they have just as much right to be on the earth as I do.)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Yikes, I hate spiders. The funny thing is I had a dream where I was in a room full of spiders, fortunately or unfortunately, nothing interesting happened.

But since that spider doesn't have any bright colors on it's body, it can't be that poisonous can it?

VENOMOUS, not poisonous
sorry, one of my pet-gripes about the english language. You know there is a difference between venomous and poisonous right? (I can understand it in my first 2 languages, because there is no difference in words between venomous and poisonous), but in english there is a huge difference... A spider or a snake is venomous, i.e. their venom is a protein that has to be injected, if you swallow a venomous creature (unless you have an ulcer) nothing would happen, whereas a poisonous creature is totally different.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Spiders are spiders man there all nasty....GO KILL IT lol. It looks venomous but then again it might not but I would still kill it. OMG I hate spiders now I'm all freaked out thinking one is going to start climbing up my arm.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by snewpers

Thats a goliath spider , the heaviest spider in the world.

OK, so if its that big.....someone has had to find a decent way to cook it for dinner right?

Always wondered that about the camel spiders in Iraq, but never got an answer.

(what can I say....I'm a redneck....if its that big, we must be able to turn it into dinner)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Camel spider are not really spiders. They they are quite small most species are 5cm. The reports of them being huge and biting soldiers were all a hoax.

edit on 27-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LOL.... I love spiders, myself, and being female, this makes me even more weird. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is an absolute raving coward around the little buggers. I'm the one who gets rid of the critters around the place, be it 8 legs or none at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Yeah that was a pretty vicious looking one.

Hey but some are pretty cute.

Awww look at it, I want to cuddle with it and name it Cookie!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Awwww.... he's so CUTE! I love playing with jumping spiders! They're not unlike little lapdogs with huge attitudes... and actually, pretty darned smart as well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join