It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians the End of days for us is Around the Corner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have to disagree with you my friend. 1 John states that God is Love. 1 Corinthians 13 states what love is. "Love is not boastful; it is not proud." So by definition God is not boastful nor proud because He IS love. God is Love. On this one my friend we disagree.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by odinson

If you are content with your life, that is fine by me. every man has to be accountable for His own soul.
There are whole religions that came about through people just not understanding what they were looking at when they were reading their Bibles. People took things literally which were never intended to be taken that way, so came up with these ideas of how these apocalyptic events were to happen, in the same sort of way as the people of his day misapprehended what the Messiah was supposed to be about, when Jesus came to earth from Heaven. People are still missing the point and wanting exactly what the Jews wanted and killed Jesus over in their frustration. Today people are killing Jesus again in their minds to substitute in another Jesus of their own invention to give them the candy they want.

edit on 25-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Exactly! That is why the number of people who go to heaven is far less than the billions of people we have on earth. I always wondered why those statements were in the bible until I became saved and seen how people truly are!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have to disagree with you my friend. 1 John states that God is Love. 1 Corinthians 13 states what love is. "Love is not boastful; it is not proud." So by definition God is not boastful nor proud because He IS love. God is Love. On this one my friend we disagree.

Then your Bible is in error or your interpretation is in error.

If God is Love, and God created all things, then he also created the ability to boast.

I do not boast of myself, I boast of God.

I boast of love.

Why do you doubt me when I give all glory to God?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by odinson
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello Brother
Here is the one part that talks about the elect:

Matthew 24:24 (Whole Chapter)
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I take this to mean that if you don't know the Bible thoroughly and trust that it's the truth, then you can be deceived. there are too many people claiming to be 'sealed' and boasting about it, literally, and putting others down. To some they would seem to be the elect.

This is why people must have a Bible handy and consult with it because the devil knows it thoroughly and will use our knowledge to confuse us.

God Bless

Look around you my friend, God is everywhere you rest your eyes. Know him and you will not need your bible. Know yourself, and you will find him.

Love does not ere my friend. And it is found far beyond any book. Clinging to a book as the whole truth, leaves one blind to the truth all around them. Did you come into this world with a Bible in your hand? Do you believe God would create you without all that you need to survive?

If it brings you closer to faith, and love for God and your fellow man, by all means keep it. If it becomes a wall you erect between you and your Brothers and Sisters of Mankind, is it really serving it's intended purpose for you?

Let YOUR conscience be your guide. You are responsible for your decisions and no amount of "But a book said" will save you. Passing the buck was the first error of mankind.

Keep up the good work my friend. I am in no way singling you out. My posts are always intended to go into the wind and be taken in by those who find them useful.

With Love,

Your Brother

Hello Brother

I have to disagree. A question to you is... have you seen a demon? I ask that because in my path that was something I needed to see to prepare for what will come. Only the Word and Jesus name made them disappear. In the Word you will find all you need to get closer to Jesus and know how to defeat the demons and devils that will be on earth.

I wish this was all a dream and I can tell you a fairy tale and everything will be ok. The truth is God is trying to get as many of His people ready for the coming storm! Sometimes thinking that the devil will be set loose to do anything against those who don't believe is still frightening to me. I seen how much terror one demon can generate. People will literally die from heart attacks once this begins.

God has to strengthen our faith as much as possible before the end games. Because I believe it will be like a dam. Once it goes down there is no stopping the torrent to come.

These horror and satanic movies that come out are just a small taste. Hollywood does a good example of making light of it. Satan is probably behind that. Just think of all the desensitization efforts that has been going on. Good Ets, bad ETs, devil movies... wooooooooo! They don't seem so scary to most kids even.

Well the next real life movie will be rated XXX with the devil doing almost anything he wants in front of you and me. The difference will be what? You can say I love you devil and that will be enough to stop him? Calling on God when you have no faith?

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello

Didn't you say that you weren't a Christian?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Then your Bible is in error or your interpretation is in error.

If God is Love, and God created all things, then he also created the ability to boast.

I do not boast of myself, I boast of God.

I boast of love.

Why do you doubt me when I give all glory to God?

With Love,

Your Brother

Neither my Bible is in error nor my interpretation of those Scriptures is in error. 1 John 4:8 states very clearly that those who do not know Love do not know God because God is Love. That is pretty much an exact quote too but if you want to get your own Bible and read it for yourself then do so. 1 Corinthians 13 states what love is by giving multiple definitions of love. I quote "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, IT DOES NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I capitalized the does not boast and is not proud part for your benefit so you wouldnt miss it or read over it. Pride is the original sin. It is not from God. It's what led Lucifer astray. God would never boast because it is indicitive of pride and God is love and as such He would never boast.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

God would never boast because it is indicitive of pride and God is love and as such He would never boast.

Which is why I am boasting for him.

I am not bound by definitions you found in a book my friend. I am beyond the book.

Because God does not boast, I boast for it.

Because love is not boastful, I boast for it.

I do for my Lord what he would not do for himself.

I do not do for myself.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello

Didn't you say that you weren't a Christian?

many times.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

God is more than capable of speaking for Himself. He does not need us to speak for him. His Word speaks for itself. We are known by our fruits and you have not exhibited the fruit of love. That ''book'' you're talking about happens to be a book inspired by the Word of God and if you think you are above it or beyond it then you are not of God. Love is God and God is Love. The Devil is pride and pride is the devil. I see from your posts that you and I do not worship the same God, as I worship the God of Abraham who is Love and Truth and his only begotten Son Yeshua whos' message was a message of Love and Forgiveness. Pride is not of God. It is the opposite of God.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

God would never boast because it is indicitive of pride and God is love and as such He would never boast.

Which is why I am boasting for him.

I am not bound by definitions you found in a book my friend. I am beyond the book.

Because God does not boast, I boast for it.

Because love is not boastful, I boast for it.

I do for my Lord what he would not do for himself.

I do not do for myself.

With Love,

Your Brother

Hello
By the Way, I am not saying you are boasting. Far from that. There are those out there that are boasting of themselves first.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

God is more than capable of speaking for Himself. He does not need us to speak for him. His Word speaks for itself. We are known by our fruits and you have not exhibited the fruit of love. That ''book'' you're talking about happens to be a book inspired by the Word of God and if you think you are above it or beyond it then you are not of God. Love is God and God is Love. The Devil is pride and pride is the devil. I see from your posts that you and I do not worship the same God, as I worship the God of Abraham who is Love and Truth and his only begotten Son Yeshua whos' message was a message of Love and Forgiveness. Pride is not of God. It is the opposite of God.

Before Abraham was, I AM!

You call me prideful and of the devil when I do ALL of my works in the name of the father and the Son?

Can I glorify the devil by glorifying the father?

Can a Kingdom divided against itself stand?

You do not know where I come from or where I go.

ALL you know is what I tell you and The Father and the Son bear witness to my testimony because they are within me, and within you.

Do you deny me before the father?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hello
By the Way, I am not saying you are boasting. Far from that. There are those out there that are boasting of themselves first.

I know you weren't my friend. I was using your post to teach a lesson.

Do you remember that Jesus healed on the sabath day, and for this he was admonished by the pharisees.

One says not to boast.

I say if one must boast, boast of the Lord.

I have taken that which is evil and made it good.

So too should you always endeavor to combat evil with good.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by odinson

If you are content with your life, that is fine by me. every man has to be accountable for His own soul.
There are whole religions that came about through people just not understanding what they were looking at when they were reading their Bibles. People took things literally which were never intended to be taken that way, so came up with these ideas of how these apocalyptic events were to happen, in the same sort of way as the people of his day misapprehended what the Messiah was supposed to be about, when Jesus came to earth from Heaven. People are still missing the point and wanting exactly what the Jews wanted and killed Jesus over in their frustration. Today people are killing Jesus again in their minds to substitute in another Jesus of their own invention to give them the candy they want.

edit on 25-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Exactly! That is why the number of people who go to heaven is far less than the billions of people we have on earth. I always wondered why those statements were in the bible until I became saved and seen how people truly are!

I know what you are saying but be careful when you say the number of people who go to heaven. The bible says that some will be taken prior to the tribulation. It says those that are left will go through many horrible plagues, but it does not say they will not go to heaven. We can’t know who will come out of the tribulation cleansed by the blood of the lamb and who will be cast into the lake of the fire.

We may be in that tribulation now, it is really just guesswork. It is hard to tell what is literal and what is not in the book of Revelation. What is easy to tell is love is the narrow path that leads to life.

edit on 25-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Before Abraham was, I AM!

You call me prideful and of the devil when I do ALL of my works in the name of the father and the Son?

Can I glorify the devil by glorifying the father?

Can a Kingdom divided against itself stand?

You do not know where I come from or where I go.

ALL you know is what I tell you and The Father and the Son bear witness to my testimony because they are within me, and within you.

Do you deny me before the father?

With Love,

Your Brother

I can neither deny nor confirm for I am not permitted to judge but there will come a day when we are all judged by our fruits. I am not the Supreme Judge of the World and only He can see your heart. All I can do is state what I know in my heart to be true and right. I know God is Love and Love is God. I know Love does not boast and is not prideful so therefore God being Love would not boast or be prideful. I know God is Truth and Truth is God. God does not lie and His Word always returns to Him fulfilled. I worship God as Love and Truth. What do you worship him as? His Son is my King. Is he yours? Love is of God. Pride is of Satan. Of which are you?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by odinson

I guess you are right. We failed to achieve what we could have become. Now this world will be punished for it.
I will pray that God grants some mercy for us!
So your solution is to take a defeatist attitude?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Love is of God. Pride is of Satan. Of which are you?

This I cannot answer.

I will wait for your judgement.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is not my place to judge. I cannot see your heart, only God can which is why only He can judge you. Think about what I said and ponder on it as I will do for what you have said. God is love and God is Truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by odinson

That wasn't my point.
I meant people who think they are going to get what the Jews who Killed Jesus wanted, but now, with a "second coming", as if the first was not good enough. That negates what Jesus did so they create a false theology of a blood-for-sins payment Jesus had to pay to some unnamed entity, and everything else is on a undetermined hold.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I honestly can't wait till the end. So much suffering in the world. I'm just so so thankful Yahweh has allowed me to serve him for 18 long years.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Maybe there would not be so much suffering in the world if people had not been sitting around waiting for the rapture the last thirty years. God gives you no credit for hoping to be relieved of your responsibility to lessen the suffering in the world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join