It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat is Acting Weird and Very Unusual Sun Activity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The NASA image takes a while to load but worth it.

I am far from an expert on these matter, but watch what happens to the sun's activities on the 23 and 24th. What the heck is going on, can someone explain this to us?

I have seen many sun activity threads, pics and explanations on ATS over the years, but I have not seen the sun do anything like this before. Besides effecting power grids can this effect animals?

The link is directing from NASA.

Has anyone noticed their pets acting unusually strange? My cat has been tearing up the house the past couple of days and I had no idea what has wrong with her. She is almost always very docile and sleeps through the day, but the past couple of days she has been literally losing her mind.

I actually put her outside which I have never done before, since she has a cat door to go in and out. I also blocked the cat door so she would burn some off some of that crazy pent up energy outside.

Unusual Solar Activities

edit on 24-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Looks like that solar flare everyone is talking about do to hit us.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by will615
Looks like that solar flare everyone is talking about do to hit us.

Must be.

I wonder what effect it's going to have this time around.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well I'm on lateshift so I hope it knocks the power out

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I actually thought is was suppose to hit last night, but I guess it's tonight or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Solar activity is a weak point in my knowledge (along with most things I guess) but is the CME directed towards earth, and if so when will it arrive?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

It did hit last night, just the main bulk of it is still to hit.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

From what I hear, this one is.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I see you added pets to the title. Maybe it's just cats, I have 2 dogs and their acting normal---for now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

Well if it is I may finally get to tick off seeing the Northern Lights for my before I die to do list
hopefully it wont be too disruptive

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My pets aren't acting strange at all. I don't think your cats are sensitive to solar activity that is currently taking place millions of miles away from us.

I don't understand the desire to tie an animal's behavior to a solar storm. I've never heard, read, or witnessed anything that would indicate cats or any other animal is sensitive to this. Can you please post the information that led you to believe this?

Again, I have two dogs and they have been absolutely normal. My friend says her cat has been absolutely normal.

And yes, what you are seeing is a massive ejection, the artifacts in the image are from radiation I believe.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i read earlier its is supposed to be here around 2pm EST i will try to dig up the article and post a link, they say their will be minimal interference with GPS and satellites and that the northern lights should be visible at a lower latitude not sure how low tho. my dog been acting a fool lately as well but i think he retarded so may be irrelevant

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Must be something else then.

She has calmed down, but for the past couple of days it was really odd.

Our weather in Michigan has been up and down. 5 or 6 days ago it was 4 degrees and a blizzard, yesterday it was 50 degrees, snow melted and raining. Maybe that was the issue. Weather related.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

OK your from Michigan too....hmmmmm

interesting we are from the same area and having pet issues.

Anyone else noticing this?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hey! Michigan here too.---lower

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

CME information here This is a good site for astronimical events that affect earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
my cats are OK. The oldest one woke me up when I shut off my alarm. He puts his paw on my lips. And keeps touching my lips until I get up. But he does this every once and a while.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Same as the last one, a whole lot of speculation but no carnage.
People will pump this one and the next and... so on.
Then people will continue to worry everytime.
Grab a beer and some sunscreen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I don't know anything about a connection between cats and solar radiation but thanks for posting that .gif! It is incredible to see things like that. I especially like how the "white scratches" or whatever you want to call them go insane when that CME went off in the orbiter's general direction.

Can anybody compare this period of solar activity with recorded activity of the past, or is this very frequent, quite strong set of solar storms novel?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Same as the last one, a whole lot of speculation but no carnage.
People will pump this one and the next and... so on.
Then people will continue to worry everytime.
Grab a beer and some sunscreen.

I'll usually do the latter of the two, and I agree worrying is a waste of time and energy, especially if it's something I have no control over.

I didn't even see the other ATS threads in regards to the solar flares, but with the weather being so crazy in Michigan, and my cat literally climbing up the drapes, in the living room, I am trying to make some sort of ATS geo-physical connection.

I am a very calm person, but when a mostly calm cat starts acting up and the weather patterns are way out of the norm. I have to take note.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join