It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following New EU Sanctions, Iran Says Closing The Strait Of Hormuz Is Now Its Legal Right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

REV16:12
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared"

Already fulfilled by the 12 Stones.
During Moses.

Me.

Can you post the Moses Data please related because I thought it would take a more HEATED energy to dry it?? Hence my concern with nuclear war potentials burning/drying and glassing things

edit on 1/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

How about you and Bob go away and start your own religious thread instead of derailing this one.

Cosmic..

link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance

Please stop! This is not a thread about religion, if you think there's a connection between Iran and bible 'predictions' make a thread about it and stop derailing this one

The connection between Persia and the Canaanites is RELATED to today and the bible data is as well????

reply to post by BobAthome

Thanks

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by BobAthome

REV16:12
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared"

Already fulfilled by the 12 Stones.
During Moses.

Me.

Can you post the Moses Data please related because I thought it would take a more HEATED energy to dry it?? Hence my concern with nuclear war potentials burning/drying and glassing things

How about you and Bob go away and start your own religious thread instead of derailing this one.

Cosmic..

I am done message is shared HOPE IS NOTHING GOES DOWN AND NO NUKES are launched or VIRALS POURED. So I will let the thread fly. Its just sad many allow fear to cover their eyes until it is in their eyes.

link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Also,
could you imagine the pollution that would result from a full scale war in the straight of hormuz?

The cost of that would be, immeasurable.
Surely your option of building a canal is much more sensible and economically productive.
for the good idea

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So when is Iran suppose to do this? Let me give the typical response: "they will respond at a time of their choosing" which ALWAYS means they wont do a thing!!!

Oh yeah, what about that carrier that just sailed through the strait? I thought they were gonna do something about that to?

LMAO!!!!

edit on 23-1-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
What needs to happen
is everyone just goes in
takes out the nuke facts
get the job done.
Badda bing badda boom.
There is no legal right to close
a straight in international waters
Iran is just beating the war drum. [/quote

theres no legal right to attack a country just because it has nukes either

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So when is Iran suppose to do this? Let me give the typical response: "they will respond at a time of their choosing" which ALWAYS means they wont do a thing!!!

Oh yeah, what about that carrier that just sailed through the strait? I thought they were gonna do something about that to?

LAMO!!!!

Within the next 2-3 weeks i would expect.

We will see if your still laughing then..like it's a joke.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

If we impede the flow of oil in and out of their country, they have the right to do the same to us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Also,
could you imagine the pollution that would result from a full scale war in the straight of hormuz?

The cost of that would be, immeasurable.
Surely your option of building a canal is much more sensible and economically productive.
for the good idea

Hey thanks VonDoomen,
I don't have many good idea's,but I thought this one had potential.
You are right about the pollution aspect as well-I often think the same about Iraq-the amount of resources we used up,and the pollution created,just to shore up more oil for the future...not that that worked out so well so far,with the very real possibility of civil war in Iraq.

Iran is more than 4 times the size,imagine the amount of oil and DU weapons it would take to subdue them...Its futile man,and incredibly stupid.

We all breathe the same air for crying out loud.

Canal/Tunnel NOT war!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And i will be back like i always do to say i was right!!

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by princeofpeace

LAMO!!!!

Within the next 2-3 weeks i would expect.

We will see if your still laughing then..like it's a joke.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looks like Iran and India will be trading in Rupees when it come to oil from now on as well,which I think is important in view of the sanctions.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran won't be totally cut off from making money,but they won't be trading in USdollars any more.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The U.S. will eventually take control of it, it's too strategic
1/5th of the worlds oil goes through there and it's a chokepoint

way too strategic to not take control of it

It starts though, here we go!

i knew it , i am surprised that it only took someone three posts to try and put the blame on the US . what Isreal is not behind all of this too

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I really don't think this situation is going to end well. Its a collision course between different factions all pursuing what they see as in their best interest.

1) The Iranian angle. The government (not necessarily the people, its important to make the distinction) IMHO do want a nuclear weapon and are trying their utmost to make one. From their perspective they see this is essential to put them beyond being 'regime changed' for their oil. From that perspective its defensive. It also would give them free reign to use proxies to export their revolution into other nations with shia populations.

Once they have a weapon there is a risk that a faction within provides a bomb or the material to make one to a terror group.

2) Israel. Is probably in no immediate threat but cannot tolerate the proliferation risk they see posed by a nuclear Iran. Whether the threat is real or not they believe it is and one small bomb will end them. Thats all that matters.

3) USA/Europe. Its a stalling game. They know they can't prevent it long term. They also know they can't condone it. Id be amazed if anyone believes these sanctions will have any effect. Dictatorial regimes are impervious to sanctions because they can ignore the people suffering. This is all aimed at mollifying Israel for a while.

Up until this point the Iranian regime has played a fairly clever game but they risk being impaled on their own rhetoric. Threatening to close the straight publicly is the first misstep they have made in while. Now they either lose face their population or they take action that will invite an internationally sanctioned blitz of what they have been building.

While probably kicking the bomb can down the road it would unfortunately shore up support for the regime when the inevitable mangled civilians are shown on TV being carried from bombed out houses.

edit on 23-1-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The supply and demand can already be made up through other countries which have already offered , but it will decrease competition and still increase cost.

The straight is still vital for the economy and will eventually be re opened and taken control of.

This will most likely hurt Iran more than it would hurt the west in the long run.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Isn't it just peachy that it works out well for our beloved oil companies?
Hell at least they get to make loads more on the barrel with even the threat of any disruption.
Its not only Iran who will suffer-I know old folks in the UK who will DIE if oil goes up anymore.
Some did last winter.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I state an opinion....I don't impose that opinion, a massive difference my friend.

Its not a massive difference within a democracy. Your are instigation propaganda with your personal opinion on a public forum.

And I said I feel 'uneasy' at the prospect of Iran having nuclear weapons, does that negate their 'right' to have them?

What about Iran. How do you think they feel about the US having nukes? Does the US have a right to have them?
Or dictate who should or should not have them?

However, Iran is a signature of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
en.wikipedia.org...

The US is on that list to, and they have WMD. And are probably working on even better and more dangerous weapons as we speak.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This whole situation has been eerily reminiscent of Nasser's Egypt & Suez in 56...... hmmmmm........

US = Britain

Ahmadinejad = Nasser

Israel = Israel ... as per usual

Straits of Hormuz = Suez Canal

Nuke Program = Soviet Armaments

absolutely nothin = Major US opposition to military solution via Dulles

ur mom = ur dad

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
This whole situation has been eerily reminiscent of Nasser's Egypt & Suez in 56...... hmmmmm........

US = Britain

Ahmadinejad = Nasser

Israel = Israel ... as per usual

Straits of Hormuz = Suez Canal

Nuke Program = Soviet Armaments

absolutely nothin = Major US opposition to military solution via Dulles

ur mom = ur dad

This Time NO DEALS !

Imagine the "State of Israel",,, in charge of the Suez,,,!!!
and so soon after they were kicked out of German!
and the rest of those E.U countries !
Outrageous I say!

And then give it all back, for worthless promises, and support????

They had it ALL from Jerusalem to the Suez,,
and they gave it back,,,

Outrageous!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My oil tanker canal tunnel idea,or the idea of a pipeline as mentioned by HighMaintenance on page 1 of this thread are the logical,peaceful way to avert bloodshed,and to allow prosperity.
But no.
Evil narcissistic psychopaths will prevail over logic,and we will be looking at a global catastrophe.

They want that to happen.
I don't want to be a part of more carnage-but the UK government who represents me,has already decided they are going hell for leather after Iran it seems.

I don't want to see more pictures of dead children due to what my government are deciding on my behalf without my say so.

I am going to write a letter to the UAE government about my canal idea.Screw it.I think its worth a shot.
Here's hoping I don't get assasinated for attempting to find a peaceful way out of this.
Peace,SS

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Iran has never been threatened with nuclear weapons.
Do you honestly think the USA would have to use nuclear weapons if it really wanted to invade Iran and it used all the conventional weaponry it has available?

And what deterrent is Iran having limited nuclear weaponry be to the USA, China, Russia, France or the UK?
Any one of them countries would be able to blast Iran back into the stone age without any fear of reprisals from it if they so chose, but they never have done and they never will.
However, how will Iran's neighbours feel if Iran has nuclear capability?
Bullied and intimidated.
Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons because the US has them, it want's them because it's own neighbours haven't, it wants to be the regional 'superpower' and dictate policy for the region and hold sway over their Sunni enemies.

And are you saying that I shouldn't express my personal opinion on a forum such as ATS, or anywhere for that matter, just because you or someone else might disagree with it or dislike it?

Bollocks to that my friend!

If you don't like or disgree with anything I say then that is up to you, but you'll never stop me from voicing my opinion.
And whilst no-one is entirely free from the spin and propoganda of MSM and other tools of TPTB I assure you, they are MY opinions and if you knew anything about me you would know that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Oh, and what part of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty don't you understand?

The fact that it's about NUCLEAR weapons or that it's an agreement that all signatures of the treaty agree that no FURTHER countries should develop nuclear weapons.

Other WMD are covered by other agreements etc.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join