It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following New EU Sanctions, Iran Says Closing The Strait Of Hormuz Is Now Its Legal Right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Iran doesn't need to do a direct confrontation at the moment.

Lay a few mines over the Strait of Hormuz and that's it closed for 2-3 weeks until the mines are cleared.

Just 2-3 weeks of no Oil transported through the Strait will be enough to cripple many nations and have them screaming at the UN to repeal the sanctions on Iran.

Still lots of other alternatives..the Gulf States are Sunni minority led Shia majorities, uprisings are very likely imho.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We just sent a new carrier group into the Gulf yesterday.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

No word yet from Iran. British and French vessels tagged along for the ride also.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Another vessel about to enter the straight, look at these beasts side by side:
gizmodo.com...

As the title says, you don't see two supercarriers side by side everyday

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

OK, yes, just found this.

Makes the issue about a clear as mud.

strait-of-hormuz.com...

FTA

International Maritime Law and the Strait of Hormuz Historically, a nation’s territorial waters were said to extend for 3 miles from shore. After the Second World War this was reviewed and the current distance accepted by most countries is 12 nautical miles. The waters inside this 12 mile limit are broadly considered to be an extension of the nation that forms its coastline. However, foreign ships can pass through these waters as long as they don’t linger unnecessarily or cause aggravation while there. This is termed the right of ‘innocent passage’. Foreign warships are usually required to minimise their military profile in order to reduce their potential threat to the coastal state. While passing through straits, such as the Strait of Hormuz, that run through territorial waters, ships in transit have more rights. In particular, warships can maintain an appropriate degree of combat-readiness. Seems reasonable? Unfortunately in the Strait of Hormuz and the waters to the west of it, shipping lanes run close to and in some areas through Iranian territorial waters. Under international maritime law the Iranians are entitled to monitor this traffic but the traffic, including warships, is entitled to unimpeded transit. As the US and Iran view each other with great mistrust, the potential for conflict is high.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hopefully Iran can stay calm until the 31st once the inspectors come and go:

The U.N. nuclear watchdog on Monday confirmed plans for a January 29-31 visit to Iran and said its main objective was to "resolve all outstanding substantive issues," referring to suspicions of military dimensions to the Iranian atomic energy programme.

uk.reuters.com...

It would work in their favor to resolve these supposed issues.

Perhaps the West prefers conflict over a peaceful resolution. They had to know that these sanctions would anger Iran, they picked a perfect time to announce them too since all the Naval force monitoring the area. This is a real powder keg.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
smh it amazes 1 how this is cycling in a simular fashion.

So what happens if ww3 starts and the ANGELS (WHO ARE THEY?) bounded @ the Euphrates river are freed to destroy 1/3 of mankind SMH WALKING STRAIT AT IT. Do not those who shoot read their religious book are they not dammnd for not and representing the very influences they represent???? Or is the book just mumbo jumbo UNTIL HADES BRINGS THE LIVING DEAD HERE AND ALL CRY OUT WHY GOD WHY SMH!!!

[color=gold]14Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

15And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

[color=gold]18By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

[color=gold] 21Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

WHERE IS THE 3RD PART OF MEN TO BE SLAID BY THESE BONDED AT EUPHRATES?????? SMH IF THIS WAR STARS NON CAN BE MAD OF WHAT FOLLOWS-I guess SOME dont feel the BIBLE has any FACTUAL data for the present. realize the bible calls them ANGELS bonded @ the EUPHRATES.

makes you wonder is abbadon near and has the bottemliss pit been opened and if so.... DOnt look for the locust to be helicopters look for existing things with stingers notice they wont kill just sting some and when stung they will wish for death but death flees them ZOMBIES ARE REAL.

Earth I hope is prepared from EAST to WEST NORTH SOUTH 4 corners!

I PRAY FOR ALL IF THIS GOES DOWN-SMH WHERES APOLLYON
I guess the confirmation would be if any Nephilim or FALLENS locked in the bottemless PIT show up, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that would mean the pit is open. Wonder if any see signs WHO CAN SEE????
edit on 1/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Mumbo Jumbo..

That's all we need..religious bo##ocks..

If an Angel appears in the sky i will eat my underpants.

Meanwhile..back in the real world.

Expect uprisings in the Gulf States.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Mumbo Jumbo..

Cosmic..

SAD THEY ARE NEAR YOU ALREADY AND YOU CALL IT FUNNY BULLOCKS.

PEACE AND MAY THE LIGHT PROTECT YOU FROM THE DARKNESS YOUR WITHIN. RELIGIOUS BULLOCKS IS SAD REMARK.... It saddens me many feel they profil 1 and not know what I represent, but its still LOVE and these wars are not love and bring FORCE to cause closure of these activities..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Mumbo Jumbo..

Cosmic..

PEACE AND MAY THE LIGHT PROTECT YOU FROM THE DARKNESS YOUR WITHIN. RELIGIOUS BULLOCKS IS SAD REMARK.... It saddens me many feel they profil 1 and not know what I represent, but its still LOVE and these wars are not love and bring FORCE to cause closure of these activities..

OK, please review the thread title

"Following New EU Sanctions, Iran Says Closing The Strait Of Hormuz Is Now Its Legal Right"

I don't believe your bible contains verses on EU Sanctions.
Please either contribute to the discussion with issues pertinent to the situation or do not post.

You are clouding up the thread with your bible, please be considerate of others, and stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
These EU sanctions dont go into effect until 1 of July 2012. So its still a long way until you people will see war.

Iran wont make good on their threats to close the strait until summer, if they are gonna.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The sanctions also ban Iran from trading in gold or silver:

Currency Wars - EU Bans Iran from Trading Gold and Silver

Reuters report that the EU has agreed to freeze the assets of the Iranian central bank and ban all trade in gold and other precious metals with the Iranian Central Bank and other public bodies in Iran.

According to IMF data, at the last official count (in 1996), Iran had reserves of just over 168 tonnes of gold. The FT reported in March 2011 that Iran has bought large amounts of bullion on the international market to diversify away from the dollar, citing a senior Bank of England official.

Currency wars continue and are deepening.

This is an act of war.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Mumbo Jumbo..

Cosmic..

OK, please review the thread title

"Following New EU Sanctions, Iran Says Closing The Strait Of Hormuz Is Now Its Legal Right"

I don't believe your bible contains verses on EU Sanctions.
Please either contribute to the discussion with issues pertinent to the situation or do not post.

You are clouding up the thread with your bible, please be considerate of others, and stop.

And I posted this to aware some that YOU MAY BE ENTERING A LEVEL WHERE IT CANNOT BE RETURNED FROM. As far as clouding the thread hmm I feel this data is related so Iposted it as It is near Euphrates, correct? And can cause many deaths correct and many will cry in gods name WHY if see it on the homeland correct so how not related is a question 1 has to reask themself. Thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The oil embargo doesn't kick in until July, but I believe the freezing of bank assets and the ban on currency trade is effective immediately. I could have misunderstood this part so I won't mind being corrected.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

All the sanctioning is an act of war. It might not blow buildings up but it's still the same. This is just ridicilous. They are forcing Iran into a corner and when they bite back all the blame goes to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Mumbo Jumbo..

If an Angel appears in the sky I'll eat your underpants!

Expect uprisings in the Gulf States

As sanctions will have zero impact on the Mullahs and their nuclear development programme and will only affect the ordinary, everyday Iranians maybe this is what the UN / TPTB etc want.
More internal discord within the M.E.

Don't know about the rest of the nations involved but the general public here in the UK are very much against any sort of military conflict.
If we are dragged into another Iraq / Afghanistan then I think Cameron's political future could be in danger.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by spy66

The oil embargo doesn't kick in until July, but I believe the freezing of bank assets and the ban on currency trade is effective immediately. I could have misunderstood this part so I won't mind being corrected.

I am given to believe that you are correct.

The freezing of Bank assets and currency trading is effective immediately.

Iran is now backed so far into the corner that repercussions are inevitable.

It has to strike back and hard IMHO.

At least that is what i would do if in their position.

Do nothing..lose and lose face....do something, lose a bit and retain face.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If some of the EU countries are still desperate for Iranian oil and require 6 months to find alternate solutions I would not be suprised if Iran stopped sending to those countries straight away.

However, I also believe that the EU embargo on Iranian oil while "seizing assets" of the Iranian bank are an act of war and Iran therefore has the right to block the straits. I think Iran should now mine the straits in a "defensive" move.

if that doesnt work i believe they may sink a few of their old tankers, these would pose a massive threat to shipping and therefore would naturally close the strait indefinately.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The sanctions imposed on that soverign nation in itself was a declaration of war. The bully empire of america is at it again...being the muscle for Israel. I feel like I'm watching the godfather everytime I watch TV. The dons are the bankers...the capo is america and the UN are the soldiers. Now they are going to the mattresses against a nation that just wants to be left alone.

North Korea actually HAS nukes....how come the US doesn't acknowledge that fact in their supposed quest to rid the world of evil?

The Comedian in Watchmen said it perfect...It's all a freakin joke. Only problem is this joke is at the people's expense. Men, women and children are going to die in this farce and people will still be asleep...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Yeah it does seam like the US and EU just want to use these sanctions to provoke Iran to make the first move, by forcing them up in a corner.

Leslie Williams did say this was going to be Americas strategy to attack Iran. By making them fire the first shoot.

These sanctions are nothing but a orchestrated scam. The US wont even talk to Iran. The US have practically walked out on every occasion and shown no interest. Probably because the US government have other goals "War".

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

All the sanctioning is an act of war. It might not blow buildings up but it's still the same. This is just ridicilous. They are forcing Iran into a corner and when they bite back all the blame goes to them.

All Iran has to do is allow UN Inspectors into check that it's nuclear development programme is indeed solely aimed at developing an internal nuclear power capability and not nuclear weapons.

Personally I believe Iran has every right to develop nuclear power, providing it's safe.
I am very uneasy about the prospect of Iran gaining nuclear weapon capability.

However, I am unsure about the effectiveness of sanctions.
Surely it's better to work with Iranian scientists on this.....but if Iran won't play ball and refuses to engage in frank and open discussions and inspections etc well what course of action can the UN take?

I hope every diplomatic avenue is explored before military action of any kind is deemed necessary.....but that takes two.

Nothing is black and white and there are no easy solutions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join