It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

I would be willing to go with that, except there are no possibilities without wandering into the realm of fantasy. That's the issue I'm having here...there's no realistic way a wind can be alive.

As I said, if it were possible...I would love to speculate. It would make an interesting read. But...it isn't possible. That's sci-fi or fantasy. The thread would end up being moved.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate

reply to post by BBalazs

Logical fallacy. If something is impossible to prove, there is no speculation on how it could be proven.

Excuse me ? The nature of speculation is that we are not trying to prove anything, furthermore how would you argue such a thing is impossible to prove ?

Your own comment is a logical fallacy in that it incorporates circular logic to validate itself.
edit on 21-1-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

you are a moron.
I will now quote the opening argument:

Well then, why would you speculate on something that has no answer, since you aren't tying to prove anything? Speculating whether the wind is an organism or not is an entirely fruitless exercise on a website where people find answers to difficult questions. It's like putting a pothole in a racetrack.

If the point of this is to say as much as you can without actually answering the question, then it is a fool's errand. God speed.

you are a moron.
I will once again quote the opening point in FULL.
Here it is:

what part of speculative do you not understand?
And who are you to tell anyone, what we can speculate on?
Really who are you, to tell others what they can and cannot do?

I'm a moron?
You make me laugh. Who are you to judge me, after your mighty post?

In essence, considering the topic and the purpose of this thread, it is logically unproductive. If you want to spend your time arguing in circles when the answer is right there...well, good luck.

I gave it a go. I didn't realize it was a contest of fighting conclusive evidence.

you cannot judge me, as you cannot quote me, only if you lie and manipulate my quotes and leave the speculative part out.
i can judge you and call you a moron based on your numerous lies, such as:
attributing fairy tales to me.
quoting me out of context
trying to make me look an idiot by quoting me out of context
not understanding a basic word as speculative
passing judgement on people based on what they speculate on.
so yes, its a fair assessment. you are indeed a moron.
quote me fully on any of your lies attributed to me, i dare you, for the 3 rd or 4 th time.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by TruthIncarnate

I would be willing to go with that, except there are no possibilities without wandering into the realm of fantasy. That's the issue I'm having here...there's no realistic way a wind can be alive.

As I said, if it were possible...I would love to speculate. It would make an interesting read. But...it isn't possible. That's sci-fi or fantasy. The thread would end up being moved.

just because it impossible for you, it does mean its impossible for other.
ok a take the moron part back.
i am not going down to kindergarden level.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

Logical fallacy. If something is impossible to prove, there is no speculation on how it could be proven.

Excuse me ? The nature of speculation is that we are not trying to prove anything, furthermore how would you argue such a thing is impossible to prove ?

Your own comment is a logical fallacy in that it incorporates circular logic to validate itself.

you are a moron.

Well then, why would you speculate on something that has no answer, since you aren't tying to prove anything? Speculating whether the wind is an organism or not is an entirely fruitless exercise on a website where people find answers to difficult questions. It's like putting a pothole in a racetrack.

If the point of this is to say as much as you can without actually answering the question, then it is a fool's errand. God speed.

you are a moron.
Here it is:

I'm a moron?

In essence, considering the topic and the purpose of this thread, it is logically unproductive. If you want to spend your time arguing in circles when the answer is right there...well, good luck.

I gave it a go. I didn't realize it was a contest of fighting conclusive evidence.

you cannot judge me, as you cannot quote me, only if you lie and manipulate my quotes and leave the speculative part out.
quote me fully on any of your lies attributed to me, i dare you, for the 3 rd or 4 th time.

I'm going to reply once more, then I will leave this thread to the mods. I have been as polite as I can be, despite your persistently ignorant responses. I have tried to explain my side to you, only to be insulted and ridiculed in return. I have tried to CLARIFY my posts, only for you to CONTINUE insulting and ridiculing me.

Anyone who reads about his accusations, please take the time to read my arguments and his responses. You will see what I am talking about.

You have already been reported for your rudeness and wild slander, OP. Don't make matters worse for yourself.

Have a pleasant day.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

you are a moron.

you are a moron.
Here it is:

I'm a moron?

I'm going to reply once more, then I will leave this thread to the mods. I have been as polite as I can be, despite your persistently ignorant responses. I have tried to explain my side to you, only to be insulted and ridiculed in return. I have tried to CLARIFY my posts, only for you to CONTINUE insulting and ridiculing me.

Anyone who reads about his accusations, please take the time to read my arguments and his responses. You will see what I am talking about.

You have already been reported for your rudeness and wild slander, OP. Don't make matters worse for yourself.

Have a pleasant day.

Wait...you are reporting the OP ?! Seriously i think he has a better understanding of the function of his thread (speculative) than you do, it is also posted in skunk works so i think the legitimacy of his thread in terms of conforming to ATS regulations is in order..so yeah

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

you are a moron.

you are a moron.
Here it is:

I'm a moron?

Have a pleasant day.

you have to do 1 thing:
QUOTE ME ON ANYTHING I SAID THAT YOU CLAIM ABOVE.
YOU CANNOT DO THAT.
you were the one ridiculing everyone else here, who dares to dream.
QUOTE.
QUOTE.
QUOTE.
I can however quote you on the fairy tales you attribute to me.
I can quote you misquoting me and making fun of me.
In fact I can quote you on all I claim to be able to quote from you.
Guess why?
Because YOU SAID it.
BTW I will not be reporting you, as i am not a child who has just had a sissy fit over 8 pages.
The moderators can also read that, but most likely they will just read 1/2 posts.
So good for you,appeal to authority is the way to go, if you misunderstand a word and then LIE, clearly and concisely about the other person.
Good for you star child. Good for you.
I have nothing to report.
Your words here speak for themselves if anyone bothers to read the 8 pages of your fits.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: edit

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Is fire a living thing ? It eats it grows it procreates and it dies.

Define "living".

And if wind is a living thing, are my farts little living creatures as well ?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

you are a moron.

you are a moron.
Here it is:

I'm a moron?

Have a pleasant day.

Wait...you are reporting the OP ?! Seriously i think he has a better understanding of the function of his thread (speculative) than you do, it is also posted in skunk works so i think the legitimacy of his thread in terms of conforming to ATS regulations is in order..so yeah

amazing, right?
I though the idea was to deny ignorance not embrace it.
not understading a word a having sissy fit, sure seems like denial. with the final appeal to authority as the cherry on the cake.
truly amazing.
and he will tell people what they can think.
the arrogance.
amazing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by BBalazs

Is fire a living thing ? It eats it grows it procreates and it dies.

Define "living".

And if wind is a living thing, are my farts little living creatures as well ?

this is not a thread on fire.
open 1 if you wish.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

you are a moron.

You called me a moron. And never once did I blatantly insult you. I stated an opinion, you returned with an insult. This is a respectful forum, and you have violated the terms you agreed to in joining.

I rest my case. God speed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

If you are an Animist, all things are alive and have spirit/consciousness.
edit on 1/21/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All I really have to say is

My theory is that air and wind are seprate.

You can't call it a theory until you have more scientific backing behind it. It's not a theory in the slightest its an idea. This is where you pretty much lost me, by calling it a theory I feel you're calling it more than just plain old speculation.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

you are a moron.

You called me a moron. And never once did I blatantly insult you. I stated an opinion, you returned with an insult. This is a respectful forum, and you have violated the terms you agreed to in joining.

good for you. i also took my words back. but i stand by them. i stand by all i said.
please also include all the parts and lies you wrote before for the whole picture.
also i couldn't care less, if the thread is closed.
i though you said you were going now.
don't worry star child. i know your mind. i know how it works. but i will not run to authority, because i will challenge you ro intellectual, physical or any debate. Any day. And I will not appeal to authority when I loose, because I will not.
I also happen to understand the meaning of words, and don't tell other people what to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ
All I really have to say is

My theory is that air and wind are seprate.

You can't call it a theory until you have more scientific backing behind it. It's not a theory in the slightest its an idea. This is where you pretty much lost me, by calling it a theory I feel you're calling it more than just plain old speculation.

you can't tell me what i can or cannot do.
the thread is in accordance with guidelines.
tell this guy what to do, and get back to me:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by BBalazs

If you are an Animist, all things are alive and have spirit/consciousness.
edit on 1/21/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

i agree.
i also happen to think pantheism and animism is virtually the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

you are a moron.

no stachild.
you lied, you accused, and you ridiculed me.
this is what happened.
for 8 pages you didn't understand the word speculative.
also: Moron (psychology), disused term for a person with a mental age between 8 and 12, and a common insult for a person considered stupid (or just a generic insult)

I would argue that someone that doesn't understand what speculative means, may well be a moron.
But right after I said it I took it back, so at least I show some self development.
When are you going to say sorry for your lies, accusation and ridicule. I suspect never, because you just ran to authority.

edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

They are very similar.

Im a little of both myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

you are a moron.

no stachild.
this is what happened.
also: Moron (psychology), disused term for a person with a mental age between 8 and 12, and a common insult for a person considered stupid (or just a generic insult)

I would argue that someone that doesn't understand what speculative means, may well be a moron.
But right after I said it I took it back, so at least I show some self development.
When are you going to say sorry for your lies, accusation and ridicule. I suspect never, because you just ran to authority.

Show me where I lied.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by BBalazs

They are very similar.

Im a little of both myself.

me too.
i hope we can speculate on this, without someone telling us what we can or cannot speculate on.
this forum was very different a few years ago
sigh...
how do you live out your animism?
when did you realize this?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

you are a moron.

no stachild.
this is what happened.

Show me where I lied.

for example here:

BUT I WILL ENTERTAIN YOUR WEAK MIND: What is the question you have answered?

I will concentrate to not insult you.

Please quote my question. and then quote your answer

So your question is ...

Is the wind alive, a living organism?

His or her answer, anyway a lot of peoples gave you the same answer.

From WikiWiki

Wind is caused by differences in pressure. When a difference in pressure exists, the air is accelerated from higher to lower pressure.

And then you say

air is not wind so try again.

And you say we are the weak minds?!

Do yourself a favor and stop this nonsense right now before you'll loose all credibility on here.

And if it is on a philosophical note you did answwer this question, don't put science trough this as you cannot obviously not understand basic notions.

Thank you, sir. Thank you. *cries* I am so glad I am not the only here exasperated by the redundancy of this discussion. I will be able to leave in peace now...

You left the speculative part out, which is a lie, because you did it intentionally (see definition).
You then ridiculed me.
Then there are the fairies you attribute to me, but you never quote me, yet keep attributing them to me.
That too is a lie, as I never said such things, yet you continually repeated your argument that I had said such things.
Want me to continue?
I have a very keen memory. And unlike you, I never lost focus of the ongoing conversation.
here is lie:
To lie is to hold something which one knows is not the whole truth to be the whole truth, intentionally
you knew speculative was there, but you removed it, hence you lied.
See I know words pretty well star child.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join