It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You have a very keen memory...yet "discussion" pertains to speculation as well. Also, you call this speculation, yet treat it as though you want an answer. Do not ask for an answer if you do not want any. By the way, how on earth would I know a word like redundant and yet not know speculation? I speculate all the time...and I STILL come up with an answer, for closure's sake.

I did not lie. You perceive deceit where there is none. The mods can figure it out.
edit on CSaturdaypm343403f03America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CSaturdaypm060607f07America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
You have a very keen memory...yet "discussion" pertains to speculation as well.

I did not lie. You perceive deceit where there is none. The mods can figure it out.

no you did lie:
here is the definition: To lie is to hold something which one knows is not the whole truth to be the whole truth, intentionally

YOU KNEW SPECULATIVE WAS THERE, YET you ignored it (it was the whole truth), you did this intentionally,so you can ridicule me.
YOU IGNORED it when you quoted me out of context.
That is the very definition of a lie.
Do i have to explain everything to you?
You also lied about the fairies, as I said no such thing, you knew that, as I asked many times for you to quote me, yet you kept referencing, giving the illusion to someone who reads in passing that I am some nut job.
You have achieved one thing. You have ruined a thread that a to of people would have liked to speculate on.
I ask you in the future to refrain from any of my thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

no you did lie:
here is the definition: To lie is to hold something which one knows is not the whole truth to be the whole truth, intentionally

YOU KNEW SPECULATIVE WAS THERE, YET you ignored it (it was the whole truth), you did this intentionally,so you can ridicule me.
You also lied about the fairies, as I said no such thing, you knew that, as I asked many times for you to quote me, yet you kept referencing, giving the illusion to someone who reads in passing that I am some nut job.
You have achieved one thing. You have ruined a thread that a to of people would have liked to speculate on.

Lied about the fairies? No. I said the suggestion belonged in a fairytale, for it is biologically impossible. Read, please. Also, it is my nature to speculate and still come up with an answer. I did not lie in leaving speculate out...it just wasn't important to me, like it is to you. I gave you closure as a gift (you do know closure, right?), but you argued with my answer, implying I was wrong. Everything went from there.

I am not liar, and I do not respond well to false accusations. I'll let the mods take it from here. Good bye.
edit on CSaturdaypm252510f10America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by BBalazs

They are very similar.

Im a little of both myself.

me too.
i hope we can speculate on this, without someone telling us what we can or cannot speculate on.
this forum was very different a few years ago
sigh...
how do you live out your animism?
when did you realize this?

Hmm, I guess I live it out just by the way I live. Ive always believed from as early as I can remember that nothing was really "inanimate" and lifeless, though it may have seemed so to the ignorant and casual observer.

The wind does speak to those who are listening, so does the anything if you let it / know how to understand it. With consciousness comes the ability to communicate, and since everything is conscious in some way (not sure on specifics myself, just the general), all things can communicate. You can speak with a rock if you know its language.

Some things I do believe are more dead than other things, though. For instance, unnatural compounds like plastics, I do not believe have much life in them at all, perhaps even none. Im not sure why that is, but I sense a vacuousness in their being.
edit on 1/21/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

The wind...is a virus?

Well, I read your argument, as painfully flawed as it was...and now I want you to answer something for me. Just as a point. Prove to me that you aren't living in a drug-induced dream world. Prove to me that I am real, that everything is real, and that we aren't all just products of a lucid-dream drug while you are experimented upon by powerful beings of some sort.

Prove me wrong. Oh, and while you're at it, prove that the wind is alive. Surely you have some basis? The only person who would argue as you have argued is someone who either believes the wind is a creature...or is just itching for a fight.

And if you are wondering what the purpose of my analogy was...well, think about it. Apparently, you haven't used your brain too much lately.

Cheers.

You are being far too cruel. The op admits the purely speculative, hypothetical nature of this thread. All your doing is being a clown without trying to prove it to disprove it(have fun with it)

If I read the op correctly, he/she is talking more of the raw..(I want to say inertia, but that is wrong. Perhaps vibration in the literal[not spiritual]] sense) memento?

When we talk of life, we only really talk of life that we are capable of understanding. Some peoples understanding is greater then others.

The wind is nothing in of itself. A word used to describe an effect that we observe: the compression and fast movement of air(wind seems more compressed then air at a state of rest, but my knowledge on this subject is more limited then I would like).

If the wind was alive, it wouldn't be. Or what I mean is, I have a very hard time stretching my imagination to perceive such a thing. But it is possible, if albiet improbable, that a kind of life form that exists not of mater but of wave form/sound vibration(? my term usage may be off as I am trying to illustrate it) could possible feed off of air gust's aka wind.

Because the argument the OP layed out about wind being alive, I don't really buy as it is layed out. When a tornado demolishes a house, it isn't really consuming the house. As the house doesn't add strength to the tornado, nor is it metabolized in any shape or form. Also it doesn't enable procreation of said tornado*(that I know of, one would have to study areas hit by tornado's, where the debris landed, and where new tornado's are formed to come to a definitive answer).

It really is a stretch, There are too many unknowns. I suppose if one had the money and ingenuity, they could study background audible vibrations. As I seriously doubt if(I repeat IF) some kind of living thing existed in the wind I doubt it would be energy based like fire(now that is an interesting topic but I digress).

Since you can expend so much energy being negative, be of use and think up a scientific method of testing the vibrational energy that is within wind. Because if a being that is either composed of or feeds off of the energy in wind, it should appear as anomalies. Like blades of grass being eaten or created when they shouldn't be. Or heck even an unnatural pattern within the stored energy in wind.

Since you are so rigidly knowledgeable on this subject that you can't entertain a flight of fancy, you must have the scientific knowledge to do as I kindly requested. After all, I a layman know when to bow out to such knowledgeable and learned people.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

no you did lie:

Lied about the fairies? No. I said the suggestion belonged in a fairytale, for it is biologically impossible. Read, please. Also, it is my nature to speculate and still come up with an answer. I did not lie in leaving speculate out...it just wasn't important to me, like it is to you. I gave you closure as a gift (you do know closure, right?), but you argued with my answer, implying I was wrong. Everything went from there.

I am not liar, and I do not respond well to false accusations. I'll let the mods take it from here. Good bye.
edit on CSaturdaypm252510f10America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

1. i have just quoted you in a lie and even pasted it.
2. dig deeper. Not the fairytale part. Or do you not want to see you own words. Again.

At least I took my word back, but you cannot even admit to what you write.
You take no responsibility for your words. You just denounce them, when they turn against you.
I take full responsilbity of my words.
I have not reported you, and don't care what do moderators will do.
You are extremely close minded.
You do realize that, don't you. You can also report that. It remains a fact.
Just because you can't speculate, doesn't mean other cannot.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

reply to post by BBalazs

The wind...is a virus?

Well, I read your argument, as painfully flawed as it was...and now I want you to answer something for me. Just as a point. Prove to me that you aren't living in a drug-induced dream world. Prove to me that I am real, that everything is real, and that we aren't all just products of a lucid-dream drug while you are experimented upon by powerful beings of some sort.

Prove me wrong. Oh, and while you're at it, prove that the wind is alive. Surely you have some basis? The only person who would argue as you have argued is someone who either believes the wind is a creature...or is just itching for a fight.

And if you are wondering what the purpose of my analogy was...well, think about it. Apparently, you haven't used your brain too much lately.

Cheers.

You are being far too cruel. The op admits the purely speculative, hypothetical nature of this thread. All your doing is being a clown without trying to prove it to disprove it(have fun with it)

If I read the op correctly, he/she is talking more of the raw..(I want to say inertia, but that is wrong. Perhaps vibration in the literal[not spiritual]] sense) memento?

When we talk of life, we only really talk of life that we are capable of understanding. Some peoples understanding is greater then others.

The wind is nothing in of itself. A word used to describe an effect that we observe: the compression and fast movement of air(wind seems more compressed then air at a state of rest, but my knowledge on this subject is more limited then I would like).

If the wind was alive, it wouldn't be. Or what I mean is, I have a very hard time stretching my imagination to perceive such a thing. But it is possible, if albiet improbable, that a kind of life form that exists not of mater but of wave form/sound vibration(? my term usage may be off as I am trying to illustrate it) could possible feed off of air gust's aka wind.

Because the argument the OP layed out about wind being alive, I don't really buy as it is layed out. When a tornado demolishes a house, it isn't really consuming the house. As the house doesn't add strength to the tornado, nor is it metabolized in any shape or form. Also it doesn't enable procreation of said tornado*(that I know of, one would have to study areas hit by tornado's, where the debris landed, and where new tornado's are formed to come to a definitive answer).

It really is a stretch, There are too many unknowns. I suppose if one had the money and ingenuity, they could study background audible vibrations. As I seriously doubt if(I repeat IF) some kind of living thing existed in the wind I doubt it would be energy based like fire(now that is an interesting topic but I digress).

Since you can expend so much energy being negative, be of use and think up a scientific method of testing the vibrational energy that is within wind. Because if a being that is either composed of or feeds off of the energy in wind, it should appear as anomalies. Like blades of grass being eaten or created when they shouldn't be. Or heck even an unnatural pattern within the stored energy in wind.

Since you are so rigidly knowledgeable on this subject that you can't entertain a flight of fancy, you must have the scientific knowledge to do as I kindly requested. After all, I a layman know when to bow out to such knowledgeable and learned people.

thank you.
you see the point and the whole idea.
off course its speculation.
its a flight of fancy.
i pointed that out many times.
some can speculate better then others.
i never would have though that entertaining the possibility of wind being alive, would cause some to become mad.
after all, didn't galileo entertain bizarre notions?
didn't watson and cricks drop lsd ?
was there not a time when the atom was smallest?
and now we are entertaining the possibility that some matter can travel faster then light...
I am not saying this is en par to those subjects. but who am i to know where the next great idea comes from?
speculation has always fueled the creative mind.
I never said the wind was alive, I mearly speculated.
I had no idea that was a THOUGHT CRIME.
We are all different, and we should accept that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thought provoking but in a spiritual native american shamanistic way. Ask a native american or a shaman and I'm sure they will tell you the wind is alive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

They are very similar.

Im a little of both myself.

me too.
i hope we can speculate on this, without someone telling us what we can or cannot speculate on.
this forum was very different a few years ago
sigh...
how do you live out your animism?
when did you realize this?

Hmm, I guess I live it out just by the way I live. Ive always believed from as early as I can remember that nothing was really "inanimate" and lifeless, though it may have seemed so to the ignorant and casual observer.

The wind does speak to those who are listening, so does the anything if you let it / know how to understand it. With consciousness comes the ability to communicate, and since everything is conscious in some way (not sure on specifics myself, just the general), all things can communicate. You can speak with a rock if you know its language.

Some things I do believe are more dead than other things, though. For instance, unnatural compounds like plastics, I do not believe have much life in them at all, perhaps even none. Im not sure why that is, but I sense a vacuousness in their being.
edit on 1/21/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

i may not phrase it as you, but yeah, i get your points.
life is all encompassing. it is creation itself. it is everywhere, just look at the universe. i also live in this feeling, glad to meet another.
i have feelt objects don't live, so much as they resonate or give out,, i don't know how to write it, but they shape the environment.
take evolution for example.
its one part living, but the environment has a huge impact.
so maybe its not alive, but it definatly shapes life, thereby being an essential part of it. without object there is no life. there really isn't. it gives dimensions.
you get what i am saying?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 6Eyengineer
Thought provoking but in a spiritual native american shamanistic way. Ask a native american or a shaman and I'm sure they will tell you the wind is alive.

watch what you say. some people will tell the american shamans not to speculate and lock them up and report them. sad but true.....welcome.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

The wind...is a virus?

Cheers.

Do not blame me for the lack of specification in this thread. If the OP wants an answer to the metaphysical aspect of the wind, and of nature in general, that is a discussion for the metaphysical/spiritual board. If it had been posted there, I would have approached it differently. However, this is a literal board, thus I approached it literally.

As I said, be more specific next time.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Hmm, yes I understand. I think how people use the word "life" is to restrictive when talking about these things. If something has consciousness, I would say it has life. But I dont want to get semantical; that never leads anywhere productive

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

Hmm, yes I understand. I think how people use the word "life" is to restrictive when talking about these things. If something has consciousness, I would say it has life. But I dont want to get semantical; that never leads anywhere productive

i agree.
i always think to myself, life is plentiful,even more so the meets the eye (bacterium fungi etc). It is truly abundant. it is everywhere you look. And can you really separate that which forms and shapes life, from that which is life?
i also believe all conscious things have life. it is pretty much self evident. maybe even go as far as to say, all life has consciousness (to some extent), and since what shapes life, cannot be separated from life (inanimate objects) life is pretty much all encompassing.
I reflection. I look at the sky, or out into nature and see this abundance. I always feel, ohh what pity it is to have one creator, one god, one solution, when there are multitudes, maybe even multiverses.
when the wind is your friend no matter if it is gusty or slight, you have found a harmony and respect for your surroundings and life. Some just don't get this. It has nothing to do with god, religion, creationism. it has more in common with science, which is basically the spiritual journey into the better understanding of these principles - life.
And any spiritual journey begging with a question, no matter how mundane, banal, or simplistic.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

The wind...is a virus?

Cheers.

Do not blame me for the lack of specification in this thread. If the OP wants an answer to the metaphysical aspect of the wind, and of nature in general, that is a discussion for the metaphysical/spiritual board. If it had been posted there, I would have approached it differently. However, this is a literal board, thus I approached it literally.

As I said, be more specific next time.

Your still being a do*&^%.

I am giving you a way to save face. In this moment in space and time I have added something to this thread. If starting threads and listening to the OP only was the main deal at ats it should be called atsl(above top secret lectures with question times!).

If you want to play who can be docked points first, I would probably win so stop with the overbearing BS. If you indulge this from a scientific perspective. Also, I read the opening statement, I read the first few pages, maybe my eyes glossed over the metaphysical part of this. This is no more metaphysical then talk of beings so small the eye can't see them.

If you feel this is in the wrong place ask the mods to move it and mind your own business. Pretend it doesn't exist as I am going to pretend you don't(unless you want to respond to my post that you totally dodged). As intellectual curiosities are an amusing way to burn time.
edit on 21-1-2012 by korathin because: last paragraph said thread when I meant post-

Starchild23
Do not blame me for the lack of specification in this thread.

I can't believe I missed the deeper meaning of this. No matter. The truth is we can only be held accountable for our actions and inaction's. This is theoretical and your treating it as if the OP said "The Wind is Alive". Now if you interpret the OP defending the hypothesis ( not defending it would only allow it a boring death, and deny it as an intellectual puzzle of sorts for those with that disposition) you need to understand that your understanding is in error.
edit on 21-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

No, but if you have a theory about the wind being made out of concrete and papier-mache then I might consider it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by BBalazs

No, but if you have a theory about the wind being made out of concrete and papier-mache then I might consider it.

that was some needed humor relief

if we ever get to that, will let ya know

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Are you calling my personality a lie? That is the only way it makes sense. I left out the speculative part because I have no interest in speculation, only in answering the question.

However, I am trying to return this to a civilized conversation, now that I have cooled a bit. I have a question for you.

Are you sure you meant organism, or did you mean like spirit, as in conscious energy?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Being so small the eye can't see them...no, but a microscope can. Metaphysical is something that can't be proven in a lab. Viruses can and have been proven. Metaphysics had no part in this, from what I understood. Apparently, the question wasn't outlined well enough.

That's an issue that will have to be worked on, to avoid future concerns.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Being so small the eye can't see them...no, but a microscope can. Metaphysical is something that can't be proven in a lab. Viruses can and have been proven. Metaphysics had no part in this, from what I understood. Apparently, the question wasn't outlined well enough.

That's an issue that will have to be worked on, to avoid future concerns.

I dont really want to write to you, but you are wrong. Again.
This is a speculative thread.
You both up cells, not me.
The thread was going in another direction.
I showed you that there can be uncellular organism- viruses.
So, no, what you write doesnt have to be worked out.
What has to be worked out, is why you became enraged and mad.
I, as then, am totally, cool and relaxed. Wheresas you had to cool down according to your own definition.
This is not an isnult, in case you misunderstand.
You picked a fight, you lost, because in your madness you lost the plot.
This is also not an insult, it is exactly what happened if you reread.
Usually religious people are like that in my experience.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I am not religious in any modern sense. Also, I am having a difficult time understanding exactly what the plot is.

I would like to note here that, in chronological order, the discussion went thus: various debunkings involving the aspects of a living creature. I brought up cells, you brought up viruses. I then brought up that viruses, since they are not cellular, are DEPENDENT on cellular organisms, which implies that they rely on things that have cells because they lack their own. This is confirmed by the fact that without other cellular organisms, viruses become inactive.

Basically, it all supported my theory that in order for something to be a living creature, it must have cells and amino acids and proteins and such.

Also, I had to cool down not because of anger, but because I was taking this conversation way too seriously. Serious does not equal angry.

In any case, I very respectfully ask what the "plot" of this discussion is. Are you talking about the spiritual aspect of the wind?
edit on CSaturdaypm383833f33America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join