It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This seems like a very biased thread.
For example, you don't reply to everyone in the thread, only the ones you choose to.
Also, you are only analyzing a few videos (of many) to try and prove your point.

Thats like me starting a thread saying:
Plausible theory that all dogs are black (proof inside)
Then showing a limited number of pictures and videos of black dogs

That does not change the fact that there are many different colors of dogs in the world.

Even if your theory is right, it does not discount the actual phenomenon at hand.
So way to go, congratulations!
Why don't you try explaining some of the sounds you don't think are a marketing ploy for a video game? Or it that not easy enough?
Quit muddying up the real topic at hand, why try to explain the fake videos, if proven as fake they should be discarded and move onto the real videos that matter

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ummmm it doesnt matter.

theres thousands of people saying theyve heard it.....AND PEOPLE POST THEIR OWN VIDEOS HERE ON ATS.

EVEN ATSers say theyve heard it...this is bias and nothing important to see

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChakaBoy

A better theory can be found here- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's opinion on these very loud, superficial/industrial sounding clips versus the original and older videos of the "rumbling" noises being heard and recorded? Perhaps I can believe that ONE of these "Industrial" videos was authentic and then others kept copying the sound over other videos (as has been discussed previously - when everyone noticed the same bird squawking in each video), but I'm wondering if there is a connection at all. With the "Industrial" videos, it seems to be just auditory (could be because its fake) and with the "Rumbling" videos, there were numerous corroborated reports AND mention that the earth or their home was physically shaking at the time the sounds were heard. I am just interested in gaining some insight as to what some of you may think the connection between the two are, if there is any at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
For example, you don't reply to everyone in the thread, only the ones you choose to.
Also, you are only analyzing a few videos (of many) to try and prove your point.

Thats like me starting a thread saying:
Plausible theory that all dogs are black (proof inside)
Then showing a limited number of pictures and videos of black dogs

That does not change the fact that there are many different colors of dogs in the world.

Even if your theory is right, it does not discount the actual phenomenon at hand.
So way to go, congratulations!
Why don't you try explaining some of the sounds you don't think are a marketing ploy for a video game? Or it that not easy enough?
Quit muddying up the real topic at hand, why try to explain the fake videos, if proven as fake they should be discarded and move onto the real videos that matter

I think you're misunderstanding him as well! Yes there's real videos there's fake video's then there are the fake videos that he claims were made as guerilla/viral marketing videos. Yes, they are fake when compared to the earlier but that's not what he's trying to debunk he's debunking the fact that the 2 videos he posted were made for guerilla/viral marketing for ME3

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think the thread title is a bit mis-leading in a way but if you read all his posts he makes up for that and clarifies his reasonings, you ust need to read it more thuroughly!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I havent noticed these in any of the games i play. Or at least nothing has grabbed my attention that they mislead millions of people randomly and then say ... hey this is part of our game. Actually that would be a turn off for me.

I do not think this is a plausible theory (IN MY OPINION). Perhaps the game took note of the sounds and actually implemented them?
edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Personally I think the only sounds coming out of Bioware specifically are the collective groans bemoaning an uncertain future for SWTOR. We'll see, I guess.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChakaBoy

I can't be expected to reply to every post. I choose to respond to the posts I think we benifit the thread or to defend my side of the arguement.

I only analyzed videos I believed to be virals. Many of the others I have either no explaination for or they have all ready been debunked.

I will say though if you present me with a video, I will happily try.

Of coarse it doesn't. In fact I believe that Bioware caught wind of this phenomenon and used it to there advantage. After all isn' that how marketing works.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedicated
I think the thread title is a bit mis-leading in a way but if you read all his posts he makes up for that and clarifies his reasonings, you ust need to read it more thuroughly!

You are right. I rushed the OP in excitement.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are endless ways in which someone could create these horn-type sounds on a very basic set up.
While I can appreciate a lot of ATS's demographic have no experience whatsoever with the audio work involved, it's no excuse to ignore the very reasonable theories being put forward.

I ripped the audio from the video, did some spectral analysis on it and generally just tweaked about with it - slowing it down/speeding it up, running a band-pass filter through it, etc.. whilst listening using a pair of industry standard-level AKG 271 MK II headphones - to my ears, they just really do sound too "clean" to have been picked up as "ambiance" by a video recorder and would suggest they've been added afterwards. Likewise, loud sounds of these magnitudes would cause the audio to clip, producing distortion and a horrible mess of indistinguishable noise...
Because this isn't happening, it again seems glaringly obvious to me it's been mixed in post-production.

One thing I'd be interested to know from someone with experience with video recording is the frequency response of the mics used by the cameras - I noticed there was frequency content that ran all the way down to at least 20hz - and considering it's debatable as to weather you can even hear that a low a frequency (being that the human capacity for hearing is typically 20hz-20kHz) I wondered why, when your typical household speakers are rolled off at about about, say, 60hz, would the mic on a home video camera even pick up that kind of content? ....unless the sound HAS been created in a digital audio workstation, EQ'd and THEN added in.

I'm not convinced it's viral marketing per se, but whoever first created this new "horn" sound could probably land himself a job doing just that, now

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Perhaps the game took note of the sounds and actually implemented them?

No, Mass Effect 1 came out in 2007. Long before anyone had every heard (or atleast reported) this phenomenon.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Firstly: I take great offence to the term "a bunch of Indian's".
I am proud to say that my family incorporate's all nationalities, races,creed's, religion's and gender's). Secondly: I did not ask to hear these sound's. I posted on U-tube simply because it was the easiest way for me to connect with other's who might be hearing the same thing. As for the $5.00 dollar a day thing goes.........I could only wish

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AttackShips

Likewise, loud sounds of these magnitudes would cause the audio to clip, producing distortion and a horrible mess of indistinguishable noise...

Like when you video yourself dancing manically at a rave. When you play back the video the next day, all you here is "Boomzzzzz Cracccccks zzzzss Tissstisss".

As you may tell I have experiene with this.

Thanks for your knowlegde.

ALS
edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by AttackShips

Likewise, loud sounds of these magnitudes would cause the audio to clip, producing distortion and a horrible mess of indistinguishable noise...

Like when you video yourself dancing manically at a rave. When you play back the video the next day, all you here is "Boomzzzzz Cracccccks zzzzss Tissstisss".

As you may tell I have experiene with this.

Thanks for your knowlegde.

ALS
edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Exactly like that, yeah.
And on a side note, that's one thing that sits strange with me on a lot of these "sound" videos. The day YouTube is flooded with lots of videos where THAT is happening is probably the time to get excited/scared/running for the hills

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance if I have got this wrong, as maybe I am misunderstanding the situation. I take this to mean that the videos people are creating and uploading to Youtube and other video sites are actually fake, as opposed to the creators of this game having huge machines to make these sounds all over the country.

If this is what you meant, here is the main problem I have with this hypothesis: sounds such as the ones people have reported hearing having been happening for centuries, or even longer. I remember reading about them being called Barrisal Guns, and am reminded of Rip Van Winkle and the ninepins.

There are a plethora of other stories and accounts documenting the same phenomenon. I think I read in one of my books that the military actually investigated these sounds in a particular region of the country, and if I remember correctly they concluded they were natural sounds; I can't recall if it was atmospheric, volcanic, etc though.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
With how rubbishy Bioware's stuff has been of late (CG trailers aside), I wouldn't be surprised if they'd stoop to such depths to promote their wares.

After the recent veritable WoW in a Jar Jar skin, waste-o-bandwidth turd they foisted upon basement-dwelling saps as a legitimate Star Wars game (
), they need all the help they can get.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I take this to mean that the videos people are creating and uploading to Youtube and other video sites are actually fake, as opposed to the creators of this game having huge machines to make these sounds all over the country.

Correct.

If this is what you meant, here is the main problem I have with this hypothesis: sounds such as the ones people have reported hearing having been happening for centuries, or even longer. I remember reading about them being called Barrisal Guns, and am reminded of Rip Van Winkle and the ninepins.

There are a plethora of other stories and accounts documenting the same phenomenon. I think I read in one of my books that the military actually investigated these sounds in a particular region of the country, and if I remember correctly they concluded they were natural sounds; I can't recall if it was atmospheric, volcanic, etc though.

Just for clarity, the sounds you are referring to above. Are/were they humming/rumbling sounds or were they 'horn/trumpet like' sounds.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As I mentioned in my post here on ATS

Some viral marketing stunt going on since the 70's? The strange sounds have been reported and investigated for years. I don't doubt that some of the videos seen these days are fake, but not all of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

As I mentioned in my post here on ATS

Some viral marketing stunt going on since the 70's? The strange sounds have been reported and investigated for years. I don't doubt that some of the videos seen these days are fake, but not all of them.

Again can you clarify what those sounds were.

Rumbling/Humming.
Horn/Trumpet like.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join