It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is the link to the Shadows of the Colosus viral marketing campaign from 2005/2006. Sony went to way more trouble than Bioware (assuming this is a marketing campaign), I remember because the fake blog/websites and videos got me interested in cryptozoology in the first place. It is well worth taking a look.

Sony's Deception

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dedicated

I think maybe HAARP in conjunction with the CHEMTRAILS we've all been seeing. Maybe THIS is the endgame for all the chemtrails?

I heard somewhere that there's minute particles of iron or aluminum in the content of the chemtrails. Coupled with an electronic frequency coming from the ionosphere, who knows what kind of havoc the HAARP program can wreak.??

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The Hum.. it is a sound that's been reported since the 70's

the explosion in reported events as of late though, is it really a hum per se?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You all do know that bioware/ME3 fanboy Forum are making fun of everyone, and also adding that it does not sound like a reaper. Right?
social.bioware.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

The Hum.. it is a sound that's been reported since the 70's

the explosion in reported events as of late though, is it really a hum per se?

Ahh see we getting ourselves mixed up.

The sounds I'm talking about aren't hums, there trumpets:

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I have read the forum and they know about as much as we do.

Some are saying they sound like Reapers, some are saying they don't.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

I have read the forum and they know about as much as we do.

Some are saying they sound like Reapers, some are saying they don't.

ALS

The sound is not similar IMO, and a marketing campaign around a old ass game over a "sound" that has been used for two previous games isn't fresh enough for viral campaign .

I could understand if this was the release of Mass effect 1, but it is the third installment
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't think BioWare NEED a viral campaign for anything anymore. All they've gotta do is put it on their site and half the world will know about it soon enough. If they are behind it, I think they'll lose a lot of gamers' respect and I'm sure they would know this

BioWare are huge now, why would they put their reputation at risk over something as silly as this? Just doesn't make sense to me I think BioWare are a more creative company than that but hey I could be wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I could understand if this was the release of Mass effect 1, but it is the third installment

Its not just the 3rd installment, its the last and the biggest. If they wanted publicity of any game they have made, it would be this one.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Its not just the 3rd installment, its the last and the biggest. If they wanted publicity of any game they have made, it would be this one.

ALS

are you still wating for a email back?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

ALS

Studying Media myself... this is an Advertising strategy used many times to promote a specific product. Present it to the public as reality, make them talk about it... get frenzy... and then reveal what is all about!

However, in this subject it might not be this case!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I LOVE MASS EFFECT!!!

I can not wait for it to come out.

Yes i can be a HUGE nerd.

But yea the videos i've watched with the more "metallic" sounds actually did remind me of this very same noise! (the reapers)

But there have been videos before, and since, that didn't sound like this, that are authentic i believe.

Some of these newer videos could be just viral marketing.

But please, don't let this undermine the other videos that people have been posting for years with strange, rumbling sounds seemingly coming from the sky.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

ALS

are you still wating for a email back?

Yeah I'm afraid so.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ok I have something else for you all.

I think this person:

from this video is, Mike Kent (sound designer for ME):

ALS

edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just Emailed Mike Kent, I will post back if he replies.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

He did say though "we started concepting for the game; couple of guys going camping outside of the city we are going to trying capturing sounds out in the wild, trying for clean recordings... theres was a garbage; i open the lit and made this huge rank?! ; so we brought it back to the studio"

So this could be plausible
edit on 19-1-2012 by LOK31 because: correction

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ALS, how does bioware benefit from a bunch of low quality youtube videos that will only be discussed on fringe sites like ATS?

How will they benefit? where do you see ANY blatant references to their new game?

I will disagree with your theory...

HOWEVER I strongly agree that some videos use the EXACT same sound duplicated to the ambient background noises...

Why would Bioware start a viral all the way back in 2010?

Sorry I don't buy it...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Yes maybe you are right & the game itself could be a diversion from what might actually happen in real life.

Good thinking. Everyone will think it's viral marketing, yet the world will be getting annihilated by some life ending force while we all sit home COMFORTABLY NUMB.... a little Pink Floyd wouldn't be a bad way to go at least.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Ok I have something else for you all.

I think this person:

from this video is, Mike Kent (sound designer for ME):

ALS

I agree with you that these are fake, if you watch the video you can hear girls whispering to each other saying "can we go inside now"

This one is a fake, duh, the baseball one.... that is another thing

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
ALS, how does bioware benefit from a bunch of low quality youtube videos that will only be discussed on fringe sites like ATS?

How will they benefit? where do you see ANY blatant references to their new game?

I will disagree with your theory...

Its viral marketing, its how it works. One of the videos (the canadian woods one) I posted has close to 2 million views! If this is a viral and Bioware come out and say its theirs. Then they have reached all those people for a very cheap sum when usaully it would cost hundred, maybe millions of dollars.

The question isn't, why would they do it, its why wouldn't they?

Why would Bioware start a viral all the way back in 2010?

They didn't. The videos I have been posting are all from 2012.

ALS

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join