It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Or atleast what these few videos are.

Now I think many of these videos, especially the videos for 2012 that show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3. Mass effect 3 is a game about mechanical being known asthe 'Reapers' invading Earth.

A few things have lead me to this conclusion. Firstly a few of the video are filmed in Canada, home country of Bioware and secondly the sounds, sound almost exactly the same as the Reapers.

In this video skip to 2:15 to hear the reapers.

At the moment this is purely speculation on my part but I do believe these noises (or at least the over the top 'horn' sounds that have been filmed in 2012) are part of a VM campaign.

I have emailed Bioware so I will post if they get back to me.

ALS

ETA: I'm not saying all the videos out there are made by Bioware. Nor am I saying Bioware have a giant horn that they are blasting across the earth. What I am saying is the 'horn-like' footage in the OP maybe a viral for ME3.

ETA: proof is on page 3
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good job, I knew I recognized some of the sounds in the videos I've been seeing pop up. Been a long time since I played ME2 though, so couldn't place it exactly.

Edit: Yup, the first sound they play where it shows the clip on the computer screen with the wavelengths, as well as the last, somewhat long distance noise just before the female reporter comes back on screen. Definitely two of the noises I've heard in videos lately.

Doesn't cover all of the videos that have popped up though.

I'll be interested to hear what Bioware says if they respond to you. Have they done something like this in the past? Is a company even allowed to post videos in this nature without presenting it as a type of advertisement?
edit on 18-1-2012 by tobiasfrost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Would'nt they "advertise" their product in more marketable regions? I dunno, I along with everyone else would like to know for sure but all we got is theories...

Anyone think it could be ionospheric activity? earth's magnetic fields somehow making that noise?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes maybe you are right & the game itself could be a diversion from what might actually happen in real life.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dedicated

Thats how viral campaigns work, they start with nothing to do with their product, get everyone in a frenzy. Then tell everyone "actually this is an ad for so an so".

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tobiasfrost
Good job, I knew I recognized some of the sounds in the videos I've been seeing pop up. Been a long time since I played ME2 though, so couldn't place it exactly.

Edit: Yup, the first sound they play where it shows the clip on the computer screen with the wavelengths, as well as the last, somewhat long distance noise just before the female reporter comes back on screen. Definitely two of the noises I've heard in videos lately.

Doesn't cover all of the videos that have popped up though.

I'll be interested to hear what Bioware says if they respond to you. Have they done something like this in the past? Is a company even allowed to post videos in this nature without presenting it as a type of advertisement?
edit on 18-1-2012 by tobiasfrost because: (no reason given)

I to am a Massive ME fan so I recognised the sounds straight away. Some of the videos I think are legit (the ones posted before 2012) but many of them have already been debunked. I.e: , heavy machinery etc, etc.

TBH I need to separate the video I believe are VM but it's not easy doing it on an iPhone.

And no they don't have to promote they product.

edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So, according to your theory, Bioware has paid someone to blast this sound all over the world, or
all the videos are fake. It's an interesting idea, but it seems like a stretch.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Recipe For TOG Video:

1. Open up FL Studio/Mixcraft/Acoustica
2. Play a scary sounding pad, or take sound/music, stretch it out, slow it down, lower its pitch.
3. Turn equalizer for sound all the way up.
4. Degrade quality of the sound.
5. Film video, move camera around the sky randomly as if looking for something.
6. Insert sound into video.
7. Post on Youtube.
OPTIONAL: Post on ATS, or any other conspiracy website, including adultswim.com

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Good one alostsoul,
I have to agree the sounds a very much alike

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
So, according to your theory, Bioware has paid someone to blast this sound all over the world, or

No it's not. Viral marketing is big these days, look at recent block busters and what big part viral marketing played.

In the past, you had to produce something GOOD ..today..all you do is spread hype on youtube and you can make the biggest SH'''' and make millions, like that movie Paranormal Activity etc...or many other recent movies.

The idea with ME3...makes a slot of sense. For such a campaign, all you would need is a bunch of indians who would spread videos on youtube for $5 all day long.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Of coarse not
. What im am saying is the videos that are taken in 2012, the videos that show loud horn like noises are edited and created footage for a viral marketing campaign.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A couple months back I heard what i first though was the tornado sirens going off outside but the more i listened the more i realized it was different. After i went outside i knew right away it was not a tornado siren because we have one right outside our house and it was not going off. The sound was distant but loud. I tried my best to determine what direction it was coming from but there was no discernible direction, it sound like it was coming from every direction. My whole family went outside and so did my neighbors and no one could figure out what it was.

That was my first experience and loudest but I've heard others since then. I live in northeast Ohio.

As far as viral marketing, I seriously doubt it. I would say not only would it be really expensive and extremely hard to keep secret but it would also be in bad taste. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX

As far as viral marketing, I seriously doubt it. I would say not only would it be really expensive and extremely hard to keep secret but it would also be in bad taste. Just my opinion though.

How expensive can it be to make a couple of YouTube videos. I'm sure a multi billion dollar video games company could easily provide a camera, some actors and a some sound software.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

To add weight to your "virtual marketing" gimmick, and since it is "so big," please provide us with at least half a dozen of instance of which the general public is aware.

I can understand how it can be a very effective and very cheap means of arousing the public's interest in what appears to be a strange phenomenea.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes but i was referring to the sounds that I've actually heard. I mean anyone could make a video with those sounds so yes as far as that goes it could be but I have actually heard them. Not asking you to believe me just saying this is where my doubt plays in.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by this?

reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

To add weight to your "virtual marketing" gimmick, and since it is "so big," please provide us with at least half a dozen of instance of which the general public is aware

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

My thoughts are this: If they are actually make the sounds for the public to record, and they are being recorded all around the world, then how would this not be expensive? Can you think of a cheap way to play loud sounds all over the world without anyone being able to follow the sound to its source? The only cheap way is fake videos. But i have heard the sounds. i cannot prove it. but this is why I have my doubts on viral marketing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yes but i was referring to the sounds that I've actually heard. I mean anyone could make a video with those sounds so yes as far as that goes it could be but I have actually heard them. Not asking you to believe me just saying this is where my doubt plays in.

Well what you heard could have been many thing but the least likely are 'horns of god' or 'alien spaceship'.

But I will say this, the 'sound in the sky' phenomenon has steadily grown pace in the past year. I believe Bioware may have caught wind of it and decided to exploit the situation for the sake of marketing.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
if you watch the BBC's Frozen planet series then you can actually hear these sounds in antarctica , high altitude winds I'm affraid. The sounds are eeerrry as hell but natural none the less.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Well what you heard could have been many thing but the least likely are 'horns of god' or 'alien spaceship'.

But I will say this, the 'sound in the sky' phenomenon has steadily grown pace in the past year. I believe Bioware may have caught wind of it and decided to exploit the situation for the sake of marketing.

ALS

You could very well be right on that. I'd still like an explanation of the phenom though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join