It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

This is significant, since in the first two games you spent 99% of your time in space or in other parts of the galaxy. I bet the marketing we're going through right now will be mirrored inside the game for the intro, as citizens of Earth hear the sounds of the reapers throughout the sky all over the world.

I bet your right and the good news is we don't have long to wait.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have emailed Bioware, telling them that I've rumbled them.

You 'Rumbled" them? WTH does that mean?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Sorry, its English slang for 'found them out/uncovered the truth...'

ALS
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
From someone in the video game industry, deception on a mass scale through a viral marketing campaign would be too dangerous frankly. It would take one person harming them self or others out of terror or fear to lead to massive lawsuits. We spend 200K dollars a year to retain lawyers for things we didn't do, we're not about to do anything that may cause our company even more grief. Bioware is even more of a target because they are a known success. You simply mentioning that it may be them, sending them emails with inquirings, will prompt someone within that company to prepare a defense.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Where's the proof!?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

I disagree.Companies do things like this all the time. For example, this viral site for resident evil 6:

nohopeleft.com...

And this:

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=s00HQm_rWpk

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Or atleast what these few videos are.

Now I think many of these videos, especially the videos for 2012 that show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3. Mass effect 3 is a game about mechanical being known asthe 'Reapers' invading Earth.

A few things have lead me to this conclusion. Firstly a few of the video are filmed in Canada, home country of Bioware and secondly the sounds, sound almost exactly the same as the Reapers.

In this video skip to 2:15 to hear the reapers.

At the moment this is purely speculation on my part but I do believe these noises (or at least the over the top 'horn' sounds that have been filmed in 2012) are part of a VM campaign.

I have emailed Bioware so I will post if they get back to me.

ALS

ETA: I'm not saying all the videos out there are made by Bioware. Nor am I saying Bioware have a giant horn that they are blasting across the earth. What I am saying is the 'horn-like' footage in the OP maybe a viral for ME3.

ETA: proof is on page 3
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

hi think you r right cause remenber the campaign for sony ps2 game shadow of colossus

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I disagree.Companies do things like this all the time. For example, this viral site for resident evil 6:

nohopeleft.com...

And this:

ALS

IDK. Maybe the sound videos are viral marketing, maybe not. All I know is that it's a lot easier to spray paint things in a handful of locations than it is to blast loud sounds in thousands of locations. People on this site have actually heard this sound with their own ears - in person - not via youtube.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

There is a difference to running a marketing campaign in a closed media, such as the internet, than running one on an unsuspecting population. I realize your argument is based solely on the videos posted recently in 2012 and could be an opportunists attempt to capitalize on a previous phenomenon. That said, all occurrences related to any marketing campaign would have to be in effect produced solely within and for use on said media. What this means: If a company blatantly attempts to mislead, or induce an unreasonable sense of panic or hysteria then a company may be held liable to all cases involving the phenomenon leading to such panic. Your example of Resident Evil 6 is a marketing campaign that is taking place only in cyberspace (at least this arm of said marketing campaign) and leaves no real, tangible evidence for any persons in 'the real world' to misconstrue as any possible threat to their safety. If Bioware were creating any videos similar to any possible real event and that real event then leads to damages then Bioware can be seen complicate in any and all advances of any and all damages. So, yes, your theory could be true however Bioware and their lawyers would never travel this path for fear of damages.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I replied earlier well here is two side by side showing their frequencies are about the same.
Mass Effect taken off that video near the end,
i.imgur.com...

Rumbling Sound off of video
i.imgur.com...

So I don't know you decide viral campaign or something else.
edit: one's longer then the other because I couldn't get the same time off both of them.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: couple of things added

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I found that Mass video game sound at the end of the video actually does sound eerily similar to the Strange sounds videos , however , would a game company go to these lengths ? Some people's homes shook...I kind of doubt it. I don't think it was solved but what do I know?

I hope we figure it out definitely and soon. People are afraid of the unknown and mysterious , this is both . I still don't know if people are just more aware or if thanks to the media there is more coverage.

Interesting times we live in and it's becoming steadily frustrating not knowing any answers

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't think the company would be so stupid to pull off a public marketing stunt like that! Like someone else stated before, the companies lawyers would'nt allow that to happen out in public like that! Imagine if a pandemic broke out because of that "phenomenon" that company would be finished!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I dowloaded the sound from one of the you tube videos the wave file looked like this.

Similar to whats seen on the video at 3:10 also he said the team were in the woods on a trip, to Conklin Alberta it seems!!!

Also on this thread looks at the wave file from 2 videos
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222
From someone in the video game industry, deception on a mass scale through a viral marketing campaign would be too dangerous frankly. It would take one person harming them self or others out of terror or fear to lead to massive lawsuits. We spend 200K dollars a year to retain lawyers for things we didn't do, we're not about to do anything that may cause our company even more grief. Bioware is even more of a target because they are a known success. You simply mentioning that it may be them, sending them emails with inquirings, will prompt someone within that company to prepare a defense.

Well its been done before for Playstation Games here for Shadow of the Colossus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I don't really think this is actually viral marketing for Mass Effect 3. I find it a little weird there's few people chiming in on that. It's way, way too vague, and most of the videos are painfully obvious fakes. But some of them do sound like Reapers.

And if it is the same exact sound?

These are people filming a video of the sky and putting Reaper sounds in the background because they're making fun of other people that will believe anything. Which is a pretty funny idea, actually.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown

nohopeleft.com...

And this:

ALS

IDK. Maybe the sound videos are viral marketing, maybe not. All I know is that it's a lot easier to spray paint things in a handful of locations than it is to blast loud sounds in thousands of locations. People on this site have actually heard this sound with their own ears - in person - not via youtube.

Well if they heard THE EXACT SAME sound and it was not on youtube that means one of 2 answers they work for bioware or they are LYING!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Interesting theory. But I must have missed the 'proof' on page 3? *scratches head*

Also, for those looking at a screenshot of waveforms, its pretty much a pointless exercise. You need the exact duration, and freq range etc. They could be a waveform of a dog going woof....

But its certainly a plausible idea for the source of the sounds!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I believe a similar sound can be heard in Battlefield:Bad Company 1 or 2 towards the end.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why would you assume that it is coming from the sky?
I believe that its coming from underground somewhere hence the ground shaking when people hear these noises in some cases.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

When i first read the title of this thread i thought yeah maybe there is something in this, but after hearing the actual reaper noise from the game and watching various interviews i'm not convinced. I just dont think the sounds are the same at all. The noises being heard are longer, have a different pitch and sound like more trumpet like sounds. Not the metallic grinding sound the reapers make in the game.

Don't get me wrong, was nice thinking and very plausible, but I've spoken to a few people on threads that have heard these noises themselves and they assure me that they sounded as if they were coming from high above and all around, i can't figure it out myself, any body got any new theories besides the popular 7 trumpets of God theory?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join