It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I understand games and such re use sounds in some kind of database, it saves money recording or making new sound effects.

Listen to the start of "The Grudge" by TOOL

It features a start up noise I have heard in movies and even childrens TV cartoons.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I understand games and such re use sounds in some kind of database, it saves money recording or making new sound effects.

Listen to the start of "The Grudge" by TOOL

It features a start up noise I have heard in movies and even childrens TV cartoons.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Viral marketing for the upcoming Godzilla perhaps
edit on 19-1-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
just the governments way of getting the masses ready for alien contact.
we are slowly accepting aliens everyday. people never thought of or questioned aleins until roswell
we have only had this fasination with aleins for less than 100 years.its more of a new world concept the governments been subliminally inplanting in our minds

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
people dont try making many hypothesis to 'find' a reason that would make it possible for reality! By that we are just lying to out selves. I think all of us here are exited with the feeling of the 'unknown' around us. But however we should try to link everything with it. Lets just to get out of the line...(my friendly personal opinion)

LOK

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Have YOU PERSONALLY heard these sounds IN PERSON, not on video, or audio file, but in real life?

I know I haven't heard these sounds, and some videos even claim they have been heard in Florida, I live in FLorida and haven't heard ANYTHING AT ALL...

Not to mention that if people were really hearing these sounds worldwide it would be on the news. Something like this CANNOT be hidden at all...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
DISINFO!

While SOME of these are viral video adverts, a few are the real deal. I heard one myself and it was very intense, very loud, and it came from everywhere. I posted a long thread explaining exactly what happened, but it was beyond me what it may have been.

The true shame...until something disastrous occurs, because of these disinforming/misinforming threads, many people will cast a doubt that anything is going wrong at all and will chalk them all up to the least scary option; viral adverts.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is there any kind of mash-up somewhere that shows date, time, and place for these occurrences over the past 2 years?

To me it sounds like snoring.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My good friend lives in a town of only 2300 people. He has a recording of those strange sounds. I guess they must be marketing Mass Effect 3 everywhere to make the M$n$Y...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
DISINFO!

While SOME of these are viral video adverts, a few are the real deal. I heard one myself and it was very intense, very loud, and it came from everywhere. I posted a long thread explaining exactly what happened, but it was beyond me what it may have been.

The true shame...until something disastrous occurs, because of these disinforming/misinforming threads, many people will cast a doubt that anything is going wrong at all and will chalk them all up to the least scary option; viral adverts.
I couldn't agree more. My good friend has a recording of these sounds. It's very real...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Mass Effect sucks! (just my opinion). Have way more important things to do than sit in my mommys basement playing video games. Just a thought.....Get outside, go for a walk, read a good book.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I jumped into this thread to state that the noises don't sound anything at all like reapers. I've played the games and all that.

However, after looking more closely, they do! There's a definite resemblance.

That got me interested in the sound, so I looked for mass effect sound files that would be available to hoax this on a homebrew setup, and I didn't find any.

It's really quite easy to spot the ones that dub the Kiev video, they drop like a sixth in the first second or so regarding pitch, but some of the videos in the montage do not have that pitch variation at the beginning. Therefore, separate sound files needed to be created. A sound designer could do that.

None of the mass effect sound footage has that pitch drop like in the Kiev sample, at least not that I could find. That leads me to believe that it would have to generate from the folks at Bioware which would make sense if it were a viral advert. Since Mass Effect 3 deals with the reapers laying waste to the Earth, it totally makes sense.

I can't rule this one out. Even if it turns out to be a dead end, this is a really good theory.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jiggyfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To agree with ALostSoul, what is some guy who looks more like a student than a lumberjack doing in the middle of nowhere with his mate all dressed up to fell trees when there's only one worth chopping in the background?
Why is he the only person in any of these videos who actually has any company, these sounds do tend to only make themselves audible to individuals. Those individuals seem to be out in the middle of nowhere or in some nice suburb (never anywhere blue collar - are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse snobby or something?).
There are only two urban cases, the Russian one looks shows a lot of rooftops yet somehow the cameraman neglects to shoot the crowds thronging the streets below gazing in fear and wonder at the skies, and the Edmonton guy didn't manage to catch any of the tenants in the tower block opposite his coming out to see what the unearthly racket was. Strange that, I mean it's not like UFO sightings where all you have to do to miss it is not be looking up at the sky at the crucial moment, surely everyone in town would have heard. If there actually were any sounds to have been heard at all.

Those sounds bear no resemblance to the game, nor to the rumblings that started getting reported about this time last year. I don't think this is viral marketing, just viral hoaxing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I have JUST recorded almost the same sound outside with my mobile!!! wait for my upload in a while and you will se more !! After comment on it
edit on 19-1-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

Agree with a lot of what you said, but I have to disagree with the resemblance. It's totally there. Look at the reaper sounds from ME 1 particularly. They're not the same, as I said, but there's similar qualities.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you have earphones please use them and turn volume up... watch it until the end! The video works only with the link provided, i made it not to be public!

www.youtube.com...

Doesnt it really sound a 'bit' like that? Maybe what they heard in Kiev was this from the construction site next to them?
edit on 19-1-2012 by LOK31 because: spelling

edit on 19-1-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sorry, but those sounds are most definitely NOT a viral campaign for Mass Effect 3...Mass Effect 3 is set in the FAR future - not the present day. Also, viral marketing for an intellectual property generally would be more in theme with media it was created for.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
if its viral marketing they are doing a horrible job at it.

Marketing is supposed to identify with the product they are trying to promote and since the link between the Mass effect 3 and these sounds are tenuous at best i dare say they need to step up the marketing strategy and draw the audiences attention to that fact. Then again maybe thats the point of this thread. If it is i think that might violate the T&C of the forum yes no??

the sounds in the video are similar but im still undecided on what it is. Again if its viral the manager of the marketing department needs to be sacked. Cool story...needs more dragons.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know you can do all this with a synthesizers a Computer, real big speakers and amp. You can make any sound you want, copy a sound then distort it how ever you want.
A friend of mine just bought 2 of those synthesizers.

You can break glass then play it like piano keys. twist it stretch it bend it.

This is nothing like the hums and such of the 70s , 80s.

But this come be cover for all the underground stuff, sounds that are real from what ever the hell their building undre ground for real

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just go here and hear after 0:20!!! www.youtube.com...

I just recorded it...no games no nothing unsual after what i saw...
use earphones and volume up

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join