Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 15
28
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815
 


I live north of Nashville North west of joelton in the country...

The sound i heard was like a get flying low..........but it just didnt go away .....stayed that way for a good 45 min,

Other people in my area heard it, but i never saw one report on the news or any explanations




posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
On this Bioware forum people are also discussing that some of this strange sound phenomena are actually ME3 viral marketing campaign.
OP had pointed out this example video. One member said that it "sounds exactly like a reaper from an early leak of the ME 3".

Reaper sound? Don't think so. More likely, good ol' V-1 aka "Buzz Bomb" sound






It was (very likely) V-1 sound inserted in the above mentioned video. Or some other pulse-jet engine sound, they have distinctive sound. Nothing to do with ME3 IMHO.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73
 


From close i could hear it more clearer and loud... wished the sound recording would have been clearer :/ I will try to change the sound levels to see if i can get something out of it



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
LOL, since when ME saga would need this type of viral marketing?
It has already a huge fanbase and is very famous in the gaming community.

The strange sounds reports started years ago...

Places like ATS make this type of events viral.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree 100% now, I purchased Mass Effect JUST to see if this was correct, and yes, it sounds like one of the ships in the game, so I am convinced this is a viral marketing ploy
BTW, I am now HOOKED on Mass effect...because of my research



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why does it have to be a viral marketing ploy?? I keep reading that its a marketing advertising and so on... Is that hard for someone to just recorded a video and just added the sound effect background by himself to create (maybe) a fake video?? And WHY the re so many other insidents?? Because people saw that this was attracting attention and they wanted to get some... so they downloaded the kiev video...took the sound from it and add it to their's... ITS THE SAME SOUND in every video...humans always copy each other....

In simple words...it doesnt have to be a viral marketing video....but rather a just (maybe!!!) fake video which was duplicated by so many others!!!

LOK
edit on 20-1-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC
 


Wait till you get to ME2, freaking brilliant! Cant wait for part 3.

On-topic: There are too many witnesses, there are fakes out there, and maybe a campaign for ME3, allthough i doubt it, like stated before this game doesnt need a viral campaign its one of the most anticipated games for 2012.. But since nobody knows we cant rule it out.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I personally doubt it is a marketing ploy. I do not see why a game company would create a hoax and lies and mislead so many people.

If they did, i certainly wont be playing Mass Effect 3 , of course i am only one customer though.

I am not a big fan of being Lied too , regardless of the reason.

The noises are quiet strange , and i simply think that something is changing on the Earth. I do not think it is Aliens. Perhaps it could be from all the Solar activity , maybe the plates shifting , or perhaps ... a hoax. A really big one.

It could also say a lot of the sounds have a similiar sound to the Crysis games ... very similar game. When i first watched the videos when this was going on , Crysis 2 - Crysis series instantly game to mind.

A lot of the ALien movies make sounds similar to what we are hearing now. There are a lot of similar sounds to what i have heard from the few videos i have watched. I dont think making a common sound when dealing with "Alien" movies is a good marketing ploy.
edit on 20-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I agree 100% now, I purchased Mass Effect JUST to see if this was correct, and yes, it sounds like one of the ships in the game, so I am convinced this is a viral marketing ploy
BTW, I am now HOOKED on Mass effect...because of my research


Haha so now you all know that it works. I recommend by ME 2 as well. They are both fantastic games.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The OP deserves alot of flags and stars! He just busted the "trumpets of god" that's been the headlines in ATs for weeks already! I guess the UFO fanatics are not happy with it, and yet our slogan is Deny Ignorance.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOK31
Why does it have to be a viral marketing ploy?? I keep reading that its a marketing advertising and so on... Is that hard for someone to just recorded a video and just added the sound effect background by himself to create (maybe) a fake video?? And WHY the re so many other insidents?? Because people saw that this was attracting attention and they wanted to get some... so they downloaded the kiev video...took the sound from it and add it to their's... ITS THE SAME SOUND in every video...humans always copy each other....

In simple words...it doesnt have to be a viral marketing video....but rather a just (maybe!!!) fake video which was duplicated by so many others!!!

LOK
edit on 20-1-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)


I imagine that many of the videos are just copies of the original virals.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12
 


Yes your right. The sounds do sound like many other games/films but I believe there are 3 reasons why it's Mass effect 3:

-timing, the games out on march 6th
-location, much of the footage is filmed in towns that have Bioware studios.
-plot, sounds from the sky. The reapers descend from the sky making the same noise.

Also theres the possible link between Mark Kent (ME sound designer) and the Canadian wood video.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
The OP deserves alot of flags and stars! He just busted the "trumpets of god" that's been the headlines in ATs for weeks already! I guess the UFO fanatics are not happy with it, and yet our slogan is Deny Ignorance.


It's to be expected, this is ATS after-all.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by LOK31
Why does it have to be a viral marketing ploy?? I keep reading that its a marketing advertising and so on... Is that hard for someone to just recorded a video and just added the sound effect background by himself to create (maybe) a fake video?? And WHY the re so many other insidents?? Because people saw that this was attracting attention and they wanted to get some... so they downloaded the kiev video...took the sound from it and add it to their's... ITS THE SAME SOUND in every video...humans always copy each other....

In simple words...it doesnt have to be a viral marketing video....but rather a just (maybe!!!) fake video which was duplicated by so many others!!!

LOK
edit on 20-1-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)


I imagine that many of the videos are just copies of the original virals.

ALS


Exactly m8. In the original video of Kiev you can hear kids talking and laughing at some points. Up to these point these sounds were deleted and the rest of the audio was used! IF every video was real this means that the trumpet sounds are heard daily everywhere worldwide. A simple search in youtube we can see the date they were uploaded...which is EVERYDAY!!! If this was really happening then the news covereage would be big... something we havent seen or heard yet...
edit on 20-1-2012 by LOK31 because: spell



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz
reply to post by HomerinNC
 


Wait till you get to ME2, freaking brilliant! Cant wait for part 3.

On-topic: There are too many witnesses, there are fakes out there, and maybe a campaign for ME3, allthough i doubt it, like stated before this game doesnt need a viral campaign its one of the most anticipated games for 2012.. But since nobody knows we cant rule it out.


What media company would turn down the chance of cheap (perhaps even free) marketing? None would. In this day and age even water needs to be marketed.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think one of our biggest mistake is that we gave great emphasize of these trumpet sounds since they are more likely to be fake (there are so many evidence to support it) and many duplications.

By discussing so much about them, we forget and leave back other important things that are happening infront of our eyes and affect out daily life...rather that a bunch of youtube clips uploaded daily with the same noise, the same length etc



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LOK31
 


The main problem I have with the "everyones hearing it" arguement is that the statement is simply untrue. I have heard a noise but it turned out to be a railway worker, warning horn.

Outside of ATS, YouTube, alternate news site etc...etc no one has heard anything out of the ordinary.

ALS



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by LOK31
 


The main problem I have with the "everyones hearing it" arguement is that the statement is simply untrue. I have heard a noise but it turned out to be a railway worker, warning horn.

Outside of ATS, YouTube, alternate news site etc...etc no one has heard anything out of the ordinary.

ALS


Exactly... NOT everyone is hearing it...which is the biggest evidence of not being a real thing! I heard something last night and i recorded it. i tried to hear it with my headphones and it almost sounded the same! You know what it was? they were fixing the road! The machine did that exact sound!



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL
 


I DEFINITELY plan on buying ME2 and 3...if the gf raises my allowance



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I absolutely thought viral marketing was the most logical explanation after reading the OP's post.

Thought about it a while longer, and looked on ATS a bit, and found a small thread with little exposure about Kevin Smith's "Red State" movie.

Search ATS for Red State Sounds if you like, I don't want to derail this thread and discussion about ME 3 (worth the discussion, going to be great) but I think now that it's even more likely that a few motivated people saw Red State and decided to have some fun at the religious sector with this.

One final reiteration for some of the folks who persist with the "They wouldn't use something like viral marketing, they're too big" argument....the first flippin statement on the wikipedia entry for ME 3 states something to the effect of "the marketing of this franchise has relied heavily on viral marketing." and proceeds to explain the multiple non-traditional avenues for promotion of this franchise that they've used in the past...fake job postings, blogs, releasing trailers in news format on obscure pages, etc.

I've decided to choose the "Red State" theory, but if Bioware came out tomorrow and took credit for this, it wouldn't surprise me and would be totally consistent.





new topics
 
28
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join