It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest points that has barely been touched on is the content of the videos...Mass Effect 3 takes place some time around 2186..as you can see from the leaked intro you posted, Earth's cityscapes look VASTLY different than anything in these videos...why would Bioware make viral vids showing an apparent precursor to a Reaper invasion almost 200 years before it ever happens? Bioware isn't that stupid...plus.. the last game on Earth that would NEED a viral marketing campaign is Mass Effect 3... plus, the sounds don't sound that alike, much less "Exact" as the OP keeps stating.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just wondering if we can rule out viral marketing yet?
This theory seems less plausable with each passing day.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ive never even heard of this game

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You have now, get it.

ALS

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I still don't see any proof.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

edit on CMondayam383804f04America/Chicago30 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

edit on CMondayam060605f05America/Chicago30 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I'm going to say here that you don't have absolute proof of anything. You have proof that your argument might possibly be valid, but not that it's the truth.

No one here can prove anything except something weird is going on and we don't know why.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I'm going to say here that you don't have absolute proof of anything. You have proof that your argument might possibly be valid, but not that it's the truth.

No one here can prove anything except something weird is going on and we don't know why.

The only thing thats is weird is how everyone thinks there is something big happening in the sky. The sky is a loud place, planes, weather, airflow, all this conditions give way to different sounds.

When it comes to the 'Horn' noise it has already been proven a hoax.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Like any good theorist my logic is fallible

Hell, atleast I tried.

ALS

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just heard this is viral marketing for the new Mario Kart

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Not sure if anybody else is keeping up with this, but the sounds in these recent videos are EXACTLY THE SAME as the sounds of the Reaper invasion in the Mass Effect 3 demo, There's even a cut scene where a little boy covers his ears as the horn sounds.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Read through the thread and 20 other threads in this subject. It's like the same conversations and ideas are beig copied and pasted to each page.

It's not viral marketing.
It's not fracking
It's not haarp
These sounds are more than likely NOT man made if you ask me

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

As your so sure, what do you think it is?

ALS

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

It is definitely not a viral marketing ploy for the video game Mass Effect 3.
Which is the entire "theory" behind this thread. Take a loss man. Admit you were wrong.
All the posts you made on previous pages should be an embarrassment to you.
Trying to explain away a valid phenomenon being researched, by scientists, as we speak, with a hair brained theory such as the one you thought up in this case is not correct.
Don't cop out by demanding members to explain to you what they think it really is, just because you didn't have the right answer. You should really consider changing the title of this thread to "I WAS WRONG"

Once again, these videos you have been posting about, fake or real, are not viral marketing for ME3.
Thanks for coming out!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChakaBoy

I still believe the videos I posted are Viral Marketing for ME3.

ALS

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I will be back to post after the game is released. And even then, when the theory presented here, by you, doesn't pan out.
You will still maintain that it's a viral for ME3. Even as you are playing it. That's my prediction.
The only person this was a viral for, was you, made up, in your own mind.
Who's delusional here? Ain't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Anyways, talk to you again in a couple of weeks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Even if this was viral marketing it would be stupid to drag it out this long. At this point it's losing it's hype and people are beginning to care less because it's becoming more and more common. They'd want to do this while it's at it's hottest, which was about 2 weeks ago.

And if it was it would be even dumber because it would be a HUGE let down/bummer to more people than it would be cool. Setting yourself for any sort of negative reaction is flat out bad marketing. These companies are smarter than that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sheesh!!

Looking at the undercurrent of pure anger and hatred in some comments, one would think You'd attacked their "religion" a thing that I find waay more scary than weird sounds. It's almost as if I am seeing some freaky religion taking shape on the spot.

Fyi, I live close to some old salt-mines, and know of the rumbling we sometimes hear(and feel) tiny earthquakes, when some rock/clay layers settle above these spaces, despite the water thay is injected, cool sounds, but nothing special. Same goes for the giant harbour-cranes a bit further away. They make great, howling kinds of sounds, but, again, nothing special, and outside of some dubious conspiracy-sites, the more eerie sounds(not the rumbling) are not mentioned anywhere.

On ME3 yeah, the moment You mentioned the game, it clicked. The groaning, rattling metal sounds are blatant copies from ME3 sounds, f.i. The ones heard in the end-level, and the moment the Horizon-thing goes bad for the reaper.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

I'm actually coming to the conclusion that this may not have been VM. I was expect them to have posted another video by now. I'm still convinced that the forest video is the ME sound team experimenting though.

ALS

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My theory:
SOME of these sounds may be for this viral marketing. (I can't stand viral marketing btw UGH)
But I don't think they're all for a viral marketing campaign. Also, this isn't just in January. people have been hearing this before this year also.

Listen to the audio file (interview) on this page: www.earthfiles.com...

And this is the topic on C2Cam tonight. So if any of you guys really believe this is a hoax or viral marketing, I would highly suggest calling in an stating your case.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join