It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
On another note, in the beginning of your title you indicate that this is a "plausible" theory. Then you claim it to be proof. Theories are theories, if they were proof, they would be known as facts.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I doubt it is, HOWEVER, it is a really good theory and thank you for bringing it forward to our attention.

Who know you might be right, but lots of these video's seem to be from people all around the world...

Though I guess game studio's could pay people to do that, or have differnt places for their employees to work...

IT's been in Canada, Ukraine, Spain, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, California, New Zealand?, the UK, Russia...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
This is a ridiculous idea. There is absolutely no way a company will pay a bunch of people to blow horns or make sounds, to scare people. It makes no sense whatsoever and just because they sound the same does. It necessitate the legitimacy of your claim.

These sounds have been occurring in the world since before the planning stages of Mass Effect 3. Seriously, go for a walk, the video games have melted your mind.

Absolutely agree. Debunkers is spelled "d e s p e r a t e". Just to make sure, I called and left a message for Mr. Kent, the sound designer of the game. Of course, if he denies it there will be those who claim he has to deny it on behalf of the company. Another thing--those sounds don't sound like what we're hearing on the videos that have been posted. And, one sound in that game I personally heard last year, outside of my home, and it was creepy and loud as hell. I didn't see any Bioware engineers lurking around either.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Visiting ESB because: Add sentence

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
On another note guerrilla marketing ambushes the viewer and grabs their attention when they least expect it. Viral marketing is advertising that you voluntarily pass around because it’s cool, not necessarily because you want to help build publicity.

So technicially this would be a mixture of both as far as the OP's main argument goes!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The sounds are the same, it's proof enough for anyone with ears, good job. Nowadays it's hard to tell the difference between viral marketing and hoaxing. When a viral marketing attempt fails it would be easier to never acknowledge it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It does explain some of the Videos supplied in your OP but not all of them, It isn't by a long chalk "Debunked".
Sounds nothing like the noises my area is plagued with almost every evening for hours on end. I have recorded it in the past.
The plot thickens 2am I was already awake at the time while the noise was at its closest (the house and windows vibrate) something fell inside, what I can only guess was the Chimney(a bit late for santa). Falling Debris
It woke my wife from her sleep, she thought the house was falling down

I have posted the video before on ATS but if required feel free to request.

edit on 19-1-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I just think you're stretching it a bit

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blangger
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

They are caused from shallow earth quakes... nothing more nothing less!!! Read previous threads and you will see that this is nothing new and the FACTS i posted from the 1700's and 1800's. this is not a theory this is fact! Time to stop with this research through YouTube. Again I have posted the FACTS in other threads!

So your telling me shallow earthquakes can make 'trumpet' sounds? Low humming, rumbling yes I can understand but loud horns sounds I think not.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I find it strange that christref on youtube who is uploading videos with these sounds in is subscribed to bioware, and also Manbird12000 who was the guy who released the cgi ufo video which was meant to be in Haiti... and to add this Christref is also a musician on Youtube. So I wont believe his videos... although I have heard a sound like this in the UK.

Also know of others in USA who have heard the sound so I believe that there is a real sound either human/alien made, a viral campaign or natural and also some hoaxes about.
edit on 19/1/12 by justjoemusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is a ridiculous idea. There is absolutely no way a company will pay a bunch of people to blow horns or make sounds, to scare people. It makes no sense whatsoever and just because they sound the same does. It necessitate the legitimacy of your claim.

These sounds have been occurring in the world since before the planning stages of Mass Effect 3. Seriously, go for a walk, the video games have melted your mind.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is the last time I'm going to say this! At no point have I stated that Bioware are going around blowing horns. I'm saying they are editing and creating the sound, artificially.

And these horn sounds aren't what everyones been hearing! These are new! The sounds from 2011 were rumbles.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by blangger

They are caused from shallow earth quakes... nothing more nothing less!!! Read previous threads and you will see that this is nothing new and the FACTS i posted from the 1700's and 1800's. this is not a theory this is fact! Time to stop with this research through YouTube. Again I have posted the FACTS in other threads!

So your telling me shallow earthquakes can make 'trumpet' sounds? Low humming, rumbling yes I can understand but loud horns sounds I think not.

ALS

They do make low something sounds but nothing like these videos! Also, another thing I think most of you guys are misunderstanding is that ALS is claiming ONLY to have DEBUNK'ed the videos he posted

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

On another note, in the beginning of your title you indicate that this is a "plausible" theory. Then you claim it to be proof. Theories are theories, if they were proof, they would be known as facts.

The proof part was added later. I didn't change the whole title because I didn't want to confuse current posters.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Putting your offensive comments aside. Thank you for ringing the sound designer, please let me know if he gets back to you. Word of warning though, if he does I'm gonna need some kind of proof.

Also where did you get his number.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Please feel free to post you video Here. I would like to see it.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Or atleast what these few videos are.

Now I think many of these videos, especially the videos for 2012 that show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3. Mass effect 3 is a game about mechanical being known asthe 'Reapers' invading Earth.

A few things have lead me to this conclusion. Firstly a few of the video are filmed in Canada, home country of Bioware and secondly the sounds, sound almost exactly the same as the Reapers.

In this video skip to 2:15 to hear the reapers.

At the moment this is purely speculation on my part but I do believe these noises (or at least the over the top 'horn' sounds that have been filmed in 2012) are part of a VM campaign.

I have emailed Bioware so I will post if they get back to me.

ALS

ETA: I'm not saying all the videos out there are made by Bioware. Nor am I saying Bioware have a giant horn that they are blasting across the earth. What I am saying is the 'horn-like' footage in the OP maybe a viral for ME3.

ETA: proof is on page 3
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

I do think the budapest and ukraine sounds are fake. They sound like a digital overlay over the original audio. Also you hear some crystal clear bass that only specially designed mic's in professional studios would pic up with such clarity, so im doubtful those are the actual sounds recorded.

However every other video you posted appears to be recording the audio from the camera mic. You can tell because you hear a lot of clipping and choppiness. Unless that was purposefully added, its doubtful that those sounds where added later.

Some videos might be people trying to have their 5 minutes of fame, but others seem to be real. Maybe the vanguards are really invading? Lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

If you haven't already, check out page 2.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
An interesting article viral marketing strategies:

4. Exploits common motivations and behaviors

www.wilsonweb.com...

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

they would think you're crazy if you really e-mailed them asking about this "omg it sounds the same" first off do you even know how illegal it is to intentually produce sound that loud at night...... where have you been living mars?

lol... what ever those sounds are, it isn't some lil prank, moc up, or "ADVERTISING" ROFLLLL COPTERRR

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
From Mass Effect 3's Wiki page:

To promote Mass Effect 3, BioWare relied heavily on viral marketing

December 12, 2011, staff writer Patrick Weekes posted a fake blog featuring Commander Shepard writing from the Normandy

So we know there not above fake blogs.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If anyone ever hears these sounds again, can you please put your ears on the ground and see if you can hear it more clearly. This could help see if underground noise theory is correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join