It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenWEallFALLdown

Originally posted by sonnny1
Iranians arresting Iranians to get information on more Iranians.

Hard to follow this story.

In the end it will be blamed on the CIA and Israel.

Most likely where the blame belongs feller

Like I said in previous posts,why isn't Iranians fed up with their own Government,a plausible explanation?

Homegrown terrorism anyone?

Last I heard,Iranian hardliners like to use motorcycles also,as they beat protesters in mass.

Then again you may be right. Its Israel or the CIA,but until "facts" are presented,its still a guess.
edit on 17-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is COMPLETELY obvious you are a hardline jingoist, with nothing more than an Anti-Iran agenda. That would be fine at any normal time of the year, but it's not fine when we have so much tension and so many warmongers pushing for actual "first-strikes" and war in Iran.

Tell me, what does your dozen or so photos of 'protests' add to a thread about the assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists? What does that have to do with anything at all? If you are posting from the US or the UK, why don't you start posting the thousands of pictures and videos of civil unrest in these nations. That has as much bearing on this discussion as "Iran unrest" does.

Also, who is it with the gargantuan military presence around Iran again... ? Oh, that's right. The good ol' USA, the country that couldn't possibly have hundreds of intelligence assets in Iran right now. No, that's just hogwash.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Brasov

The US threw children in there too!

Anything to back up this statement?

second

Wow I'm honestly surprised you've never seen any of the pictures of gitmo detainees, one of the more popular photos showing a man and a boy who was at the time seven years old. They are both probably still in gitmo.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Informationclearinghouse

January 16, 2012 "Sunday Times" -- EARLY in Tehran's grey wintry morning last Wednesday, Mustafa Ahmadi Roshan, a young scientist in Iran's controversial nuclear program, got dressed at his home in the northern suburbs. The events of this last hour of his life could have come out of a spy film. Small groups of Israeli agents were watching key points in the Iranian capital. Their target was Roshan. They would be dead themselves if they were caught. For Israel it was a classic assassination mission. "What is seen in espionage films as a simple operation is a result of hard work, many months of intelligence gathering and a well trained team," said a source who released details, impossible to verify, to The Sunday Times.
In the five attacks on nuclear scientists, the hit squad has used a motorbike every time. The motorcyclist is ubiquitous in the capital's traffic jams, often wearing a surgical mask for protection against the heavy pollution and able to move close to the target between the lines of stationary cars without attracting attention.

This is from www.theaustralian.com.au.

Terrorists.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by sonnny1

It is COMPLETELY obvious you are a hardline jingoist, with nothing more than an Anti-Iran agenda. That would be fine at any normal time of the year, but it's not fine when we have so much tension and so many warmongers pushing for actual "first-strikes" and war in Iran.

Tell me, what does your dozen or so photos of 'protests' add to a thread about the assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists? What does that have to do with anything at all? If you are posting from the US or the UK, why don't you start posting the thousands of pictures and videos of civil unrest in these nations. That has as much bearing on this discussion as "Iran unrest" does.

Where to start.

First the photos were in response to this:

Originally posted by Brasov

The pretended "crazyness" of Iran's leadership belongs to the offical belief system propagated by the western controlled media... (propagate -as in propaganda)

Not a speck of evidence to support it!

I think I showed that to be a farce. Is it Iranians protesting,or Western media/Governments protesting in Iran?

Second,it has EVERYTHING to do with Iran,and their regime.

Third,I am anti-WAR,and nowhere in this thread have I suggested America,or as "Brasov" has used the made up word countless times,"JEWSA" should go after Iran.

Fourth,I am NOT anti-Iran. Good try though.

I am asking for PROOF.

Proof the US or Israel assassinated this scientist.

Plausible Deniability,or Deny Ignorance

Decide.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Last I heard there were accusations that the Mossad contracted terrorists (ideology and relgion of the terrorists are unkown to me) to carry out the assasination.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
4 Iranian nuclear scientists killed in the last 2 years.

no doubt Israel were involved somehow. Either passing intelligence to Iranian gvt opposition or they have their own assets in Iran.

Israel has a track record for taking out people in other countries. They want to stop or slow down Irans nuclear development. Stuxnet was probably Israel too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenWEallFALLdown

Iranians arresting Iranians to get information on more Iranians.

Hard to follow this story.

In the end it will be blamed on the CIA and Israel.

Most likely where the blame belongs feller

Like I said in previous posts,why isn't Iranians fed up with their own Government,a plausible explanation?

Homegrown terrorism anyone?

Last I heard,Iranian hardliners like to use motorcycles also,as they beat protesters in mass.

Then again you may be right. Its Israel or the CIA,but until "facts" are presented,its still a guess.

Bit like the cops pepper spraying protesters then in NY then?

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well, the fact they they already implicated us in a statement last week, kind of says that we already know this is most likely going to back up that claim. This is probably going to suck, however I really cannot understand any logic that the US would do anything that would certainly put them under the magnifying glass, when all of the other problems we are having with Iran are still headline news. I hope we are not this stupid, but then again, it is really not a "we" thing anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyespying

Bit like the NYD pepper spraying protesters then?

www.nytimes.com...

Oh well done. Curious how some posters still believe they're on team usa, the good guys
against the evil "everybody-else".

It was Mossad that carried out the hit with the explicit permission of the US and the UK intelligentsia.

Those are the 3 terrorist organisations that should collectively be taken out and shot, never mind about waiting for dawn.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Jeez Brasov, is your whole life based around 'i hate Jews and the US'?

Looking through this thread shows that you have no other argument to bring to the table, maybe you should take the blinkers off for a moment and open yourself up to other possibilities, there's a whole world out here!

As for the topic at hand, unless I had seen the incidents with my own eyes I wouldn't be inclined to believe any of the stories produced, everything is speculation. As a possibilian, there are too many explanations with the same probability of being the right one for me to make any kind of judgement.

Happy speculating

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Signed up just to post how amazing it is that it's taken 62 years of documented CIA and US manipulation of both their politics and economy for Iran to get this mad. Shame on my leaders and shame on my media for covering this situation like war is unavoidable. How about we stop picking on people for once? I would take our public being informed enough to know how wrong it is, but that's asking WAY too much. I feel like we've already lost sometimes....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
This theory of yours could be possible, but don't act like it's only Iran who practices this.

I never have. I have said that there are MANY possible perps ... USA, ISrael, Saudi Arabia, Iran itself, and many other entities in the middle east and/or Persia who do not want Iran to have nukes. I have said this again and again. For you to say that I am acting like 'it's only Iran' who practices this .. that's absurd.

Iran has scored a lot more points in the credibility department over the last few decades

No it hasn't. See the previous links I have provided. That's just some of the recent crap they are guilty of. If I were to include information from 'the last few decades' ...
Thats one bad liar of a country (no better than the rest)

Flyer, do you really believe Iran killed several of its scientists?

As I said .. I believe it's very possible. AND as I've said .. we'll probably never know the truth.

] If so, please tell me what the motive behind this would be, what would they have to gain?

AGAIN .. as I've said ... (and shown with previous links). Iran has a history of killing it's own when they are done with them or when they think these people are 'traitors'. The scientist talked to the IAEA. Having that scientist dead is great political capital for Iran AND a great excuse to round up more 'CIA spies' ( :shk: Innocent people who the government deems too risky so they torture them into 'confessions' and then kill them )

if you're going to present such a wacked out theory

The only thing 'whacked out' going on here is the unending excuses people make for Iran. That .. and the fact that people seem to have their heads stuffed in the sand when it comes to the fact that the government of Iran is one very bad bunch of nutcases who are very capable (and have a history of) doing this kind of thing.

least show me your logic behind this theory of yours.

Already did. All over this thread. Go back and READ.

t's pure desperation on behalf of you and other members,

Truth isn't desperation. However, the Iranian apologists refusing to acknowledge the evils perp'd by Iran .. THAT is desperation.

just like the hair brained excuses you were all coming up during the drone fiasco

Don't lie. What 'hair brained excuses' did I supposedly come up with in regards to the drone?
I challenge you to back up this idiotic sentence of yours.
The only thing I really said about it was that some yahoo in our government let this thing fly without
a failsafe destruction device abord and that was idiotic on their part.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Those who run the show, don't believe in any Religion, that's just the method of driving the sheeple. Wake up and quit bickering about that nonsense. ATS is not the place for such stupidity.

Same core group did the planning for this execution were responsible for this.

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Of course it is Possible that Iran could have assassinated their own scientist, but what on Earth would they have to gain from it?

Attention. Misdirection, subversion.

Drive oil prices.

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Iran already has nukes dude, that's the whole thing

Yes.

I don't see the leaders of the FREE WORLD having problems with Ahmadinejad, why does the corporate-owned West?

An illusion. Ahmadinejad is playing his role for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Brasov

And how many of those people are common folks of America.

What's the moral principle that makes the US "good" for killing non-american innocent civilians by the MILLIONS and Iranians bad for not invading anyone?

All your views are tainted by a deep belief in "American Exceptionalism" which is nothing but a form tribal delusion of entitlement. You won't sell this incestuous ideology abroad.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Leave Iran alone, it hasn't invaded anyone for 300 years.

OMG ... you actually said that and you believe it! Iran is in proxy wars all around the planet. It is interfering in other countries. It is engaging in international terrorism.

Wo! and not a speck of evidence of it!

Where do you get your privileged information from? FOX? CNN? Those are highly fair and independent sources as everybody knows... they told us about the WMDs in Iraq and the incredible feats of Jessica Lynch.

Next time analyse the mental fodder you consume, it can lead to disease.

It is killing and torturing it's own people

And the US is itching to take over that job to carry it out more efficiently, murdering civilians by the MILLIONS like it did in Iraq.

Even if your lies parroted ad nauseam were true, it would be Iran's internal affair to fight treason, terrorists and spies the best it can.

Now as we write this the US continues to maim, torture and kill people all over the planet at a rate of hundreds by the day. Now the US wants to kill MILLIONS in Iran as well "to save them".

Your ideology and rhetoric don't pass the sanity test.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If Iran was smart how come they didn't just have North Korea bring them a nuke aboard a submarine?

Many countries used 3rd parties to help build/get their nukes.

Unless they only had a civilian nuclear need......

Microphones underwater would stop the submarine idea you had
2nd line

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by sonnny1

Where to start.

First the photos were in response to this:

The pretended "crazyness" of Iran's leadership belongs to the offical belief system propagated by the western controlled media... (propagate -as in propaganda)

Not a speck of evidence to support it!

I think I showed that to be a farce. Is it Iranians protesting,or Western media/Governments protesting in Iran?

Second,it has EVERYTHING to do with Iran,and their regime.

Third,I am anti-WAR,and nowhere in this thread have I suggested America,or as "Brasov" has used the made up word countless times,"JEWSA" should go after Iran.

Fourth,I am NOT anti-Iran. Good try though.

I am asking for PROOF.

Proof the US or Israel assassinated this scientist.

Plausible Deniability,or Deny Ignorance

Decide.

While I do understand what you are saying, it does go both ways. If the US and "western" countries are going to say Iran is building nukes without proof, why can't Iran claim Israel or the US did it without proof?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Funny, the one point you've chosen to ignore is that the US has demonstrated similar tendencies to torture prisoners...

Funny, I'm not ignoring that the USA water tortured a grand total of three people at GITMO ... I'm chosing not to discuss it because it's IRRELEVANT to what happened in Iran. And if you are trying to compare water boarding three people to what goes on inside Iran ...
EPIC FAIL.

Sorry to inform you of this, but your government engaged in redition programs that sent prisoners to places like Syria, Egypt and Libya to be tortured...and we're not just talking waterboarding.

And just in case you see that little practice as a walk in the park, after WW2, the US hanged Japanese who had waterboarded American prisoners so it seems prosecutors took it a little more seriously than you do. What has this to do with the subject at hand?

www.usatoday.com

Ali Larijani, speaker of the Iranian parliament, said the suspects are being interrogated, and the investigation is continuing.

Which translated into reality says - we are rounding up those who don't do what the government says they should, and we are in the process of torturing them until they 'confess' to whatever we want them to confess to. :shk:
Iran does this all the time. No surprise.

Just pointing out the inherent hypocrisy in your accusation, that's all.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join