It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Guess I will try this nicer.

Being informed of your charges does not equate to being free nor having a good judicial system.

The Nazis were more than happy to inform you of why you were being shot in the back for not being a member of the Aryn race. They were also more than happy to put on a show in court to scape goat you.

If you think knowledge of the crime somehow makes your country better, never forget that you then are saying the Dark Ages were better, because at least the church was nice enough to tell you why you were being burned at the stake.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Being informed of your charges does not equate to being free nor having a good judicial system.

Is indefinite detention on no charges EVEN a judicial system?

What´s next in the US? capital penalty with no charges?... WAIT! ... the US is already killing "suspected" militants by the 1,000's and leaving it at that.

How hypocritical can a human being get before losing its humanity?

At least this terrorist will have a trial, that's more than a terror suspect will ever get in the US.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

The day when someone actually gets indefinably detained or killed for merely opposing what the government says, then you can speak. Until then, it's only speculation.

You act as if the US is the worse justice system in the world and speak as if false laws that are handeled civilly are some how better.

False.

No law is better than bad law. Anarchy and fascism is preferable to theocratic civility.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

And how many of those people are common folks of America. I don't support the actions of the government but I certainly understand it.

Every government on planet earth has detained and tortured people. Every government on Earth has stolen land and fought stupid wars. Not one is innocent. SO don't try to raise one more than the other. They are equal in their failure.

Also, saying Iran hasn't invaded someone in 300 years is really lame, considering it wasn't a real country for those 300 years. It was under influence of other nations and protectorate. Now that they've had their autonomy, they've been nothing but interested in increasing their influence.

Don't change the subject too. How is the rule of law under a theocracy any better than no law under fascism or anarchy? What makes them any better?

As far as I see, I see a war hawk country picking fights with a war hawk nation that's 1000x bigger and stronger than it. They get what's coming to them.

And what wars at that? Iraq has ended and Afghanistan is being negotiated to end. Our actions, however evil they may have been, combined with the invasion of American technology like the internet has generated what we went in there for. Self-generating democracies.

American culture, economy, and military has won the war on terror. We're not needed any more. Our technology and economy are enough to accomplish the rest.

Like it or not, the middle east is becoming what we sought out to make it. As a Ron Paul supporter I was against the more military parts of these actions, but our presence, both civilian wise through the economy and the internet, and the military through the bad wars, has caused what is happening: A domino affect.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

The pretended "crazyness" of Iran's leadership belongs to the offical belief system propagated by the western controlled media... (propagate -as in propaganda)

Not a speck of evidence to support it!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

By the way, who is mehr.org ?

Well if you can stop the childish name calling for a few and do a bit of research you may learn something.....

www.mehr.org...

Now click the link and guess what happens? Go figure it goes to the site you seem to think is a govt propaganda site.

You seem to have a problem with doing your own research and seem to want everyone else to do it for you.

But since you only want to call everything propaganda then that is your choice, but you should get your facts straight before you toss out the anti semitic rants.

Lastly why not email the people at mehr.org and ask them I am sure they will answer any question you may have?

E-mail: mehr@mehr.org
One last thing here for you....

MEHR has no affiliation with any political or partisan group. It operates as an entirely volunteer based organization

www.mehr.org...

Remember research is your friend, you should try it sometime.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

The US threw children in there too!

Anything to back up this statement?

second

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Have any of you who are speculating on what it takes to commit an act like this, ever actually had to do anything considered close?

Its easy to watch Mission Impossible and say oh it takes 30 people! Or they had to be this or that blah blah blah

I personally know people who have had to answer the call of duty at a moments notice, be given a picture and dossier, and told they would be dropped behind enermy lines. When you take an assignment like this, you sign your life away. If you are ever caught, the govt will deny any knowledge of you and will not offer any help or rescue.

All it takes to do something like what happened in Iran is one man or woman, a magnet, a motorcycle, and some wits of steel.

Well,I look at it this way. With as much sympathy and support Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has with his people,could it really be that hard,that the IRANIAN PEOPLE are fed up with their leadership,and are willing to take matters into their own hands?The people are tired of the hardline rule. Thats obvious.

They recently protested the man,and his Ideals.
They had a revolution also at one time,to dispose their leadership.
It begs to question.

But You know "someone"is going to call BS on the protesting,and claim Photoshopped pics of protests there,or CIA coup.Waiting for the claims in 3,2,1...................

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
'Suspects': random saps in the wrong place at the wrong time about to immolated for sake of the Iranian propaganda machine.

'Interrogated': tortured; likely to death.

/Farsi to English translation

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be wise for people to flee the scene of the crime, not hang around the totalitarian state you just terrorized?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Iranians arresting Iranians to get information on more Iranians.

Hard to follow this story.

In the end it will be blamed on the CIA and Israel.

IN the end? Do you not pay attention to current events? They are being blamed and have been blamed, namely Mossad. Information has been put out by western intelligence officials that Mossad is behind these killings. So, it'll be Iranians telling Iranians that the CIA was behind it but those Iranians were played for fools. Mossad posed as CIA agents recruiting these men using fake identities.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I know some of you think Iran killed this scientist, but I'm not buying that ridiculous story and feel sorry for anyone who actually believes it.

Ohh please!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You do understand that torture was actually legal in Israel for severl years, don't you?

Torture was illeagal in North Korea at the same time it was legal in Israel.

I am not saying North Korea has never tortured anyone but even they have standards - Israel does not.

Oh and by the way read the Taguba Report on the torture at Abu Gharib and tell me if all that sexually perverted torture did not not have Israeli finger prints on it.

Originally posted by Shermanator
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I heard some experts saying that an operation like this would require upward of 30 people.

The pivotal parts of the operation would have left immediately, but I'm sure some of the players are locals.

Sooo... They are telling the Iranians everything they want to know..

Interrogation...... I am sure Iran has a very mild and humane interrogation policy..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Of course it is Possible that Iran could have assassinated their own scientist, but what on Earth would they have to gain from it?

Uh, the nuclear scientist had just met with IAEA inspectors a few days before his death. You think there's a possibility that he may have unleashed some information that he wasn't supposed to? Think about it. The scientist is killed on Tuesday. Iran formally announces that they're going to move enrichment activity to underground Fordo the previous Saturday. That might have been the same day that the scientist released the information to IAEA and Iran felt compelled to announce it publicly so it didn't look like they had anything to hide....once again!! Just like the announcement of the Fordo/Qom facility after it was detected by satellite.

Things to consider:

www.bloomberg.com...

Bloomberg:

Roshan was a critic of his country’s nuclear program, saying it has led to stricter sanctions and increased poverty, Mohammad-Reza Heydari, who resigned as Iran’s Oslo consul in 2010 and was later granted political asylum, said in a phone interview. Roshan had voiced his concerns about the nuclear program to Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Heydari said.

edit on 17-1-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Brasov

As far as I see, I see a war hawk country picking fights with a war hawk nation that's 1000x bigger and stronger than it. They get what's coming to them.

And what wars at that? Iraq has ended and Afghanistan is being negotiated to end. Our actions, however evil they may have been, combined with the invasion of American technology like the internet has generated what we went in there for. Self-generating democracies.

American culture, economy, and military has won the war on terror. We're not needed any more. Our technology and economy are enough to accomplish the rest.

Like it or not, the middle east is becoming what we sought out to make it. As a Ron Paul supporter I was against the more military parts of these actions, but our presence, both civilian wise through the economy and the internet, and the military through the bad wars, has caused what is happening: A domino affect.

I just read mostly, don't ever post.
Just wanted to add, that this post to me shows the lack of understanding of the overall situation, and frankly is the reason why I never post. Watching these verbal wars of opinions is fun for about a page or two max. When I see such a lengthy opinion full of so many misguided views and facts, I understand that we are doomed. I would also estimate that over half the US populace have the same or close view of the brave work done by the USA in its overseas operations. Beautifully formed by media state of mind. Oh what would these countries do if we haven't brought them democracy. Yuck! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and dirt on my keyboard while I type.

Definitely off-topic by me, and not really looking for a response from the above poster. Just surprised this is an RP supporter. But then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion and state of confusion. I am most likely wrong on many topics as well. Once again making reading(self-educating) and not writing my main priority.
Out.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Iranians arresting Iranians to get information on more Iranians.

Hard to follow this story.

In the end it will be blamed on the CIA and Israel.

Most likely where the blame belongs feller

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join