It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

www.usatoday.com

An Iranian news website is reporting several suspects are in custody over last week's killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist.

Ali Larijani, speaker of the Iranian parliament, said the suspects are being interrogated, and the investigation is continuing. He talked to Iran's state Arabic language TV channel Al-Alam, and his comments were carried on the Tabnak.ir site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.vancouversun.com

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I know some of you think Iran killed this scientist, but I'm not buying that ridiculous story and feel sorry for anyone who actually believes it.

The details are slim but this appears to be the real deal as a top Iranian official has made the announcement. The suspects are under interrogation as at this very moment. No word yet on the nationality of the detainees.

This may be Iranian propaganda aimed at showing they have the situation under control. I would think that any of the people who did this would have skipped town after the assassination, but these people work in strange ways.

Maybe they had other plans to complete before they leave?

I will update as more info is released.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah, i don't know what to think of this. On one hand, it could be propaganda (I don't think that the spies are stupid enough to stay around after the assassination), however, Iran could have captured some proper spies. All in all though, no matter who they are, they will confess, considering Iran's track record of making detainees say what they want them to say.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Did you just contradict yourself again?

"This is the real deal"....followed by

"This could be propaganda"?

So, CE, who do you think did it? Did the Mossad hire some terrorist flunkies who were trained to kill, but not trained to get away?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: dp

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Lemme guess.
CIA spies?

Good lord

Are they going to attack us in their flying saucer next?

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Hey Einstein!

Those are two separate statements I made.

The announcement is the real deal since a top Iranian official came out and confirmed it versus an unnamed source.

And I pointed out the obvious and explained this could be propaganda.

Why so angry deet?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If Iran was smart how come they didn't just have North Korea bring them a nuke aboard a submarine?

Many countries used 3rd parties to help build/get their nukes.

Unless they only had a civilian nuclear need......

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I heard some experts saying that an operation like this would require upward of 30 people.

The pivotal parts of the operation would have left immediately, but I'm sure some of the players are locals.

Sooo... They are telling the Iranians everything they want to know..

Interrogation...... I am sure Iran has a very mild and humane interrogation policy..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm going to guess that CE would say that it was Mossad POSING as CIA, without any consideration that pulling such a stunt would mean absolute death for the Marine who's already on death row for being a U.S. spy, because Mossad could care less about what happens to Americans in custody over there already!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

So, tell us, CE, who do you think Iran has in custody?

2nd.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

I know for a fact that I would not want to be subjected to an Iranian interrogation. The only thing I fear more than that is an interrogation at the hands of the Americans at Guantanamo Bay

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator
Interrogation...... I am sure Iran has a very mild and humane interrogation policy..

What...fly them to sites in Poland?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I still think that this is all Iran's doing.
They killed the scientist, they find his killers, they make a deal out of everything.

Bull-dookey.

On this site, many (most) think Bush planned 9/11.

How hard is it to believe that this nutweasel in Iran would do the same damned thing?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Iranians arresting Iranians to get information on more Iranians.

Hard to follow this story.

In the end it will be blamed on the CIA and Israel.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I still think that this is all Iran's doing.
They killed the scientist, they find his killers, they make a deal out of everything.

It is to laugh. On what basis do you toss this out for consideration? That Israel has neither the will or the expertise? Ever hear of Operation Opera?

C'mon...if you're gonna give the Mossad a free pass, at least come out and say so.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

The conditioning of some members is frightening.

Notice how they jump in right away claiming Iran killed the scientist and also ridicule anyone who thinks it might be a Mossad/CIA operation?

Let's ignore the recently confirmed US spies caught in Iran and other countries.

ATS is full of comedic relief

This is almost as funny as the drone fiasco!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Why not? The nationality of a killer doesn't say anything about who ordered the murder and paid for it.

The countries that profit the most from a dead iranian nuclear scientist are the more likely culprits: the JEWSA.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

I suppose they will have a Westerner,with a CIA shirt on,holding up two very large magnets next to a motorcycle,that they claimed they hacked,and remotely controlled back across the border,after his daring escape.

Cant wait for the still pictures,and video of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I suppose they will have a Westerner,with a CIA shirt on,holding up two very large magnets next to a motorcycle,that they claimed they hacked,and remotely controlled back across the border,after his daring escape.

Cant wait for the still pictures,and video of this.

It seems you urgently need your own stand up comedian program.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join