It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Son Reveals That Roswell Craft Was A Time Machine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

EVERYONE SHOULD REMEMBER that we live in a SUBJECTIVE reality, where NOTHING can be absolutely proven. This means NO ONE IN THIS THREAD has any DIRECT relationship or experience with the Corso story, therefore NO ONE has authority to say what the "real truth" is.

OH NO MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN>

Fixed it

You're playing the 'we don't know' card like it's got some value here. It hasn't.

Corso attributed a wide variety of technology to the aftermath of Roswell and put himself firmly dead-centre in seeding the 'alien tech' to private companies. Unfortunately, things like fibre-optics had a provenance he had no knowledge of. Likewise the transistor had been in development before 1947.

You can carry on with the wishy-washy, equivocal position of uncertainty in the face of historical evidence. It's an anti-intellectual argument used by a few ATSers with some success, but it's still an apathetic refusal to get off your ass and read around the subject.

Then again, I haven't been to Australia so maybe it isn't a REAL PLACE...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There may have been some sort of craft found in Roswell that crashed.
What they found inside were "Crash Test Dummies".

Aliens need to know if Airbags Work too..

On a serious side. The universe has been expanding at a fairly rapid rate and as I've said before, what if the stars and planets were a lot closer together and travel was possible to another planet with life?

It may have stayed that way except that a massive explosion started the acceleration of the Stars, Planets and dark matter expansion? "Big Bang Theory" maybe?
Everything in the universe is moving at a fairly rapid rate and as I understand it, the speed is increasing.

Is there an end to the universe? Is it actually infinite? My belief is that there is an end. I also believe there is a centre that exists in this universe..
Can something go on forever?

I'd just love to know where the universe came from, what it actually is and who put it here.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
one thing i have to say to all the frenzied "debunkers": can you prove anything of the facts that you yourself call into question?

I know everyone seems to know that their version of the truth is the REAL truth.

and EVERYONE SHOULD REMEMBER that we live in a SUBJECTIVE reality, where NOTHING can be absolutely proven. This means NO ONE IN THIS THREAD has any DIRECT relationship or experience with the Corso story, therefore NO ONE has authority to say what the "real truth" is.

no one can prove to me that we went to the moon, for example. NONE of us were there, we've all had to rely on THIRD PARTY information, FOREVER.

another example is Jesus. SO many people believe in jesus' existence, but that can NOT be proven absolutely. EVER. it can not be proven because NO ONE has direct experience with jesus existing or not existing.

we respond to information through our heart, first of all. your heart will tell you MUCH more valuable information than your "brain". "brain" thinking is HEAVILY distorted by the EGO, "over-rationality"(irrationalitiy), and cultural behavior control/brainwashing mechanisms.

Now. we can doubt and slander Corso's story all we want, but that accomplishes NOTHING because you still provide no first-hand facts.

therefore, if people are to attempt to "debunk" this story, then please provide some examples as to why this story is not true. this examples must be directly linked (FIRST HAND INFORMATION is a "direct link") to the story in question, and not other Corso claims.

to speak about Corso's past and other stories has about as much relevance to the FACTS of THIS story as My opinion about the existence of Jesus. I do NOT know if jesus existed, because i have no FIRST HAND FACTS / direct link with Jesus.

I hope what i'm saying makes some sort of sense....my point is that:

The subjective character of experience is a term in psychology and the philosophy of mind denoting that all subjective phenomena are associated with a single point of view ("ego").

The subjectivity of perception of reality implies that perception of all of the things, concepts, and "truths" in the universe differ between individuals: we all live in different worlds, each of which may have things in common, because of our unique perspectives on our worlds. The only thing to which one can hold oneself is something one has experienced or perceived. Until someone has had an experience of something the object or concept within itself is not real.

In an effort to categorize realities, somebody came up with the concepts of objective and subjective. Objective refers to a reality that is outside your mind, and subjective refers to the inner reality of your mind. For example, a chair in the middle of the room is outside your mind, right? So it is objective reality. You think the chair is beautiful. That thought, "beautiful chair" is inside your mind. It is a subjective reality. No problems yet.

Objective and subjective seem to be quite logical categories until they begin crossing over. For example, imagine that everyone else also finds the chair in the middle of the room to be beautiful. The chair is placed in a museum and admired by thousands of art critics who come to see the beautiful chair. The subjective reality of "beautiful chair," by agreement, is starting to take on the characteristics of objective reality.

What absolute nonsense.I can prove for a 100% fact that elephants exist.I could pick you up tomorrow from your house and fly you to Africa and show you that elephants 100% exist and it's an undisputable fact.

You cant prove to me in the same way that A) aliens exist or have ever visited our planet B) Jesus ever existed or did his magic with the bread and fish or whatever.

The one million per cent burden of proof is with the believers who come up with these fairytales.You want to believe that aliens have travelled ludicrously far distances only to be revealed by dodgy i-phone footage on youtube or that a man went around 2000 years ago bringing people back from the dead??? Fine,that's your own belief however deluded but to then post and say it's upto the non-believers(or realists) to prove that Roswell WASN'T little human robots from 50'000 years in the future or that the jesus guy brought people back from the dead........well im sorry but i dont think i've read anything so ridiculous in my life.

Can i just add im a newbie and this is a fantastic site

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

i was mostly responding to the common one-liner posts that write-off the source without much research into the actual event.

you must consider the FACT that not a single one of us will ever really know if Corso's story is true.

i find it better to leave all unknowable information in the realms of possibility so as not to be ignorant of all possible outcomes.

once you start defining things to be absolutely true then you are effectively building your "box" of which to think in. "thinking outside the box" only has meaning thanks to the box (boundaries) that you make your "world view" in.

by making these intellectual boundaries expand and expand to all possibilities, then you effectively have no box (boundaries) to think in.

*and this, in fact, is even more reason to "get off your ass and read around a subject".

while some people might dismiss information immediately because they see posts from other people that "write-off" other people's subjective realities, if you have a mindful habit of accepting all information as possibility then you would be inspired to "get off your ass and read around a subject", no?

edit on 1/15/12 by metalshredmetal because: code

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matty5lfc

woah, calm down..

i like how you at least accepted the possibility people believing in this kind of stuff, some people wouldn't be so accepting.

*all i said was that "believers" asking "skeptics" for PROOF should be treated EXACTLY the same as "skeptics" asking "believers" for proof.

do you not agree with this? if you don't, then you must have an odd mental relationship to the conspiracy theory world....

do we "skeptics" of conspiracies not find PROOF in conspiracies despite the ocean of claims by "believers" of a non-conspiratorial government? do us "skeptics" not seek hidden evidence that the "believers" don't allow to be shown?

i think any intelligent individual would have to have thought about this before, but maybe this is too philosophical for this thread/forum.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I stopped listening at the 5th "FANTASTIC THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME" story. It is funny how he is always the main guy in his fantastic meeting stories, sitting at the head of tables full of important people ect... This is classic ME ME ME ME ME syndrome, Whitley Streiber also suffers from this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
reply to post by Kandinsky

i was mostly responding to the common one-liner posts that write-off the source without much research into the actual event.

you must consider the FACT that not a single one of us will ever really know if Corso's story is true.

i find it better to leave all unknowable information in the realms of possibility so as not to be ignorant of all possible outcomes.

once you start defining things to be absolutely true then you are effectively building your "box" of which to think in. "thinking outside the box" only has meaning thanks to the box (boundaries) that you make your "world view" in.

by making these intellectual boundaries expand and expand to all possibilities, then you effectively have no box (boundaries) to think in.

*and this, in fact, is even more reason to "get off your ass and read around a subject".

while some people might dismiss information immediately because they see posts from other people that "write-off" other people's subjective realities, if you have a mindful habit of accepting all information as possibility then you would be inspired to "get off your ass and read around a subject", no?

Ok,nobody actually knows if Corso's story is true or not,only the man himself...........but there is not one incy,wincy shred of evidence and there's more chance of Elvis and i going for a trip to Mars tonight than there is of this story having a fraction of credibility,like the 99.9999% of stories of a similar background.

The point in this debate is that all the odds are stacked in my favour,unbelievably so in fact, in terms of me believing this story is a load of drivel.You have nothing apart the ramblings of a man who's testimony has been proved to be suspect at best.Yet you ask ME to prove to YOU that the man is not telling the truth???!!!!

I hope you see the point im trying to make.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I'm sorry but time machines can't exist due to the fact that time is an idea made by man and therefore time is irrelevant

Exactly, it's not an man made time machine.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

You, know I used to think the same thing: time being an invention of man I mean. But really all we did was name it. Yes, time is basically just a concept, but even if no one were around to contemplate it and name it, it would still be there for as long as the universe was (in the form we know it). You see, though time is malleable and we can have umpteen different calendars or systems of measurement, it is still in existence even if we ignore it. Time is the distance between changes, or the build up to some grand event. For as long as the universe is ever changing, time is around. Only in a universe that is static can time cease to exist, until something changes.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Great post this does tie in with my Theory that these beings were of our own creation and that the cover up is meant to make us think these beings are of alien origin. When they are not, that our future descendants are using these drones like a proxy to alter our past and change our mistakes yet merging both time lines together. because we created them in our image. This is why the Ancient Astronauts wore what looks like space suits and looked humanoid. This is why they had Delta winged vehicles. Make sense yet? Forget the "aliens cant get here because it is too far" excuse. Aliens they are not. This is why they are kidnapping people and performing medical experiments "extracting reproductive materials" because something happened possibly through polluting ourselves our DNA has been damaged and the "hybrids" are being introduced as a new species. Perhaps we have been altering our evolution ourselves with 2 time lines all along? This explains missing time. These 'UFO" wink in and out of our reality.

Dear Skeptics: OK scoff at the idea tell me I am watching too much Terminator but what if?

The theory has always lurked in the back of my mind ever since I seen Repo Man back in the 1980's

Because the game goes something like this : The PTB denies the existence of Aliens inter acting with humanity "they are telling the truth" at the same time denial of what they know is obvious and they make it so to raise suspicion of Extra Terrestrials. Plus mass conditioning through film, TV, media, news ect implementing the Alien idea. It is all part of something bigger. Knowing the reality of this could in itself alter our future hence "it must be aliens" zing! everything is fixed.

Ladies and Gents you have seen a preview of what our future may look like .... UFO's , Greys
edit on 15-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
I seriously doubt time travel is possible in the sense of Back to the Future which is what this suggests. Just my opinion though.

Some people believe we cant make it to the moon as well

I'm sorry but time machines can't exist due to the fact that time is an idea made by man and therefore time is irrelevant

Well i see what you mean in regards to time itself but again to say a vehicle from point Z cant travel to point A cant exist due to the concept of time itself is kinda, closed minded? Ok lets say time is not real well then i should be able to get in my car and drive around the block.. walk in my door and my wife will be a toddler and my TV is a black and white TV while the first episode of Star Trek is making it's debut?

See if time does not exist then this should work..

Be right back lol

But yeah i think it was Doctor Manhattan that said it best..
There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Im a new member here, I realize Im out of order making a post like this.

But WTF? I respect everyones views and could even think of a few ways to defend your opinion

I just dont understand how you can be so stubborn and arrogant, especially when your views are so far off base.
You dont even provide any evidence or support to back up your views which are against the grain of both this thread, and against the views of common sense.

Yes, the word TIME was invented by man. The measure of time is a scale invented by man.
But time or flubberfdsfl or whatever you want to call it was not invented by man.

Your born at point A, you die at point B. The distance between that is what we call time, and please don't post that distance was also created by man

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
David Lewis Anderson went public a few years ago to suggest that time travel technology is a very real phenomena and is being experimented with in covert operations. He released some very thought-provoking information on 2 websites which have since gone offline. I will share his summary on what time is here:

Time is a measured or measurable period, a continuum that lacks spatial dimensions. Time is of philosophical interest and is also the subject of mathematical and scientific investigation. It is a component of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. Time has been a major subject of religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a non-controversial manner applicable to all fields of study has consistently eluded the greatest scholars.

In physics as well as in other sciences, time is considered one of the few fundamental quantities. Time is used to define other quantities – such as velocity – so defining time in terms of such quantities would result in circularity of definition. An operational definition of time, wherein one says that observing a certain number of repetitions of one or another standard cyclical event (such as the passage of a free-swinging pendulum) constitutes one standard unit such as the second, is highly useful in the conduct of both advanced experiments and everyday affairs of life. The operational definition leaves aside the question whether there is something called time, apart from the counting activity just mentioned, that flows and that can be measured. Investigations of a single continuum called spacetime brings the nature of time into association with related questions into the nature of space, questions that have their roots in the works of early students of natural philosophy.

Time is a measured or measurable period Among prominent philosophers, there are two distinct viewpoints on time. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence. Time travel, in this view, becomes a possibility as other "times" persist like frames of a film strip, spread out across the time line. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time. The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental intellectual structure (together with space and number) within which humans sequence and compare events. This second view, in the tradition of Gottfried Leibniz and Immanuel Kant, holds that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled.

Temporal measurement has occupied scientists and technologists, and was a prime motivation in navigation and astronomy. Periodic events and periodic motion have long served as standards for units of time. Examples include the apparent motion of the sun across the sky, the phases of the moon, the swing of a pendulum, and the beat of a heart. Currently, the international unit of time, the second, is defined in terms of radiation emitted by cesium atoms. Time is also of significant social importance, having economic value ("time is money") as well as personal value, due to an awareness of the limited time in each day and in human life spans.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSuperman
If we already know that a ship crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

Why would we send another ship back in time to Roswell, New Mexico 1947?

If I owned an expensive time machine, I wouldn't want it to crash or waste people's lives...

I could see how they would think that UFO's are time machines,
because Einsteins Theory says that the faster you travel, the more time slows down, (me) due to drag from Space/Time

If he has this "Secret Information" as to how these UFO's travel back in time,
Then why doesn't he have the Physics to back it up?

How would they know it was a time machine without understanding the physics?
Maybe the time travel story is a lie told by the aliens to protect the location of their home world, in-case they get tortured or something

I think the problem is when the time machine crashed at Roswell it opened up a parallel universe that we are existing in currently. Humans from the future could be monitoring it, this new universe, i.e. in UFO's...

Interesting however I still think Aliens from space because there have been many more UFO sightings prior to Roswell. I also think there would be more time machine leaks than alien leaks...As far as I know the only time machine conspiracy theory is the Philadelphia Experiment.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

What is Time? An Article by Dr. David Lewis Anderson

When speaking of time perhaps the best place to begin is at the beginning with a definition of time.

What is time? What is it that clocks are measuring? They seem to measure some unseen medium that continues on with a constant and never-stopping force. In fact, time is often thought of as a river that flows in one direction and slows for no one, always sweeping everything and everyone along with it.

We certainly experience the passing of time. We are born and live our lives feeling as though we are constantly being pushed and pulled by this unseen phenomenon. So then what is time? Well one thing I do know is that time is a very curious thing.

Ask anyone on the street if they know what time is. They are sure to answer yes. But then, ask them to explain it to you and they will almost certainly be at a loss for words. Think about it. Something that dominates our language, our everyday thoughts and life but yet we can’t explain it nor do we understand it.

Perhaps in some ways we don’t want to understand time. People do often talk about time in a very negative way. Perhaps because in some ways it is linked to our own mortality. A very popular quote about time from the science fiction movie Star Trek Generations is “time is the fire in which we burn.”

Another is the famous quote from Hector Berlioz, a great 19th century composer who said “time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all it pupils.” But this still doesn’t explain what time is.

We seem to have a belief that time exists independently of us. But is it perhaps something that is only measured by our minds and body’s perceptions? We all seem to have biological clocks inside of us that work on a set schedule. And our minds perceive the passing of time in many different ways, even for people experiencing the exact same events.

Time also seems to vary with culture. For instance in the language of the Navajo there is no past present and future tense like those of many languages. Events are talked about with regard to their quality of happening rather than their temporal quality. Is it possible then that time may not really exist but is just an illusion of our mind created by our own biological and cultural evolution?

So what is time? The answer is still close but very elusive. It hides right in front of us in our philosophy and our religion, in our science fiction and science fact, in our art and folklore, and in our mathematics and physics, even in our own human spirit and mind.

When did time begin? Was it when the universe began with a bang or was summoned into existence by some great force? Perhaps neither, or both. Will time have an end? Maybe we should travel to the future and find out.

Perhaps when speaking of time only one thing is certain, our journeys into time are just beginning. Thank you for joining us and exploring the possibilities of time travel. And who knows, perhaps we will meet again… yesterday?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think the 20th Century was riddled with Time Travel interference.

There are two types of Time Travelers: Those that UNITE a Civilization, and those that DIVIDE a Civilization.

Certainly, there are the unobtrusive observers, the interdimensional caterpillars that morph into anything you can imagine, as well as the time-travelling tourists who have gone back to witness the birth of Christ and the bombing of Hiroshima, but those are mere spectators. They don't actually try to change things.

In the 20th Century, however, I think LICENSE WAS TAKEN.

Somebody redirected the course of History, repeatedly, like maggots running in and out of a loaf.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

I've watched all the Burisch interviews multiple times and there's just something that bothers me about him and his testimony. I used to check in on his website and forum quite frequently but then things started going screwy over there and it seemed very disorganized... With Dan "disappearing" for weeks or months at a time supposedly on assignment with black ops government projects. It just doesn't add up. And that order from MJ-12 to tell his story to the public was extremely odd as well, considering the lengths that the same people went to to discredit him and to go as far as to attempt to revoke his educational degrees and resume of various associations with the military and private sub contractors.

That dude is a trip... And if his story is true then WTF are the rest of us doing?

Something odd is going on and it's getting harder and harder to ignore...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

im sorry but your interpretation of time is incorrect therefore your response is wrong

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Maybe, but your choice of words say's you are 100% confident about your statement and take it to be 100% truth...then I would have to assume you do that for other things too, which leads me to believe you don't really like to hear things that contradict you even though it may be truth.

The body aging is caused by gravity...mass, existence. Yes, humans created this concept of time, but it's because of the passing of seasons, cycles, stars, among many other things. It's a measurement, and without that measurement we could not have accomplished very much in any field of science or study.

Call it time, call it a cycle, or call it distance over speed, it sure as hell exists.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
OK guys I have skimmed through this and it seems to me that no one has brought up the one fact that would seem to prove this is just a hoax.

It is stated that Roswell was a time travelling ship, and that in fact we cannot travel through space due to the intense radiation, but to travel through time you HAVE to travel through space, let me explain

We live on the Earth, the Earth rotates, the earth also orbits the sun, so for example you time travel back just 6 months, the earth is not where you are now, it is on the other side of the sun, approx 180 million miles away, so you time travel to the exact spot you are now and you are not on earth at all. Then add to that the sun is ALSO travelling through space (Remember the universe is expanding) to travel back in time 50,000 years and you will have to travel trillions upon trillions of miles through space to be where the earth was.

Nothing is constant, nothing is fixed in time and space, everything is moving, to travel through time one has to travel through space.

Sorry I just don't buy this theory

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join