It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Major Announcement Tomorrow, 01/15/12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am still not a Ron Paul supporter but when you look at the rest of the lot we have to choose from then you have to be honest with yourself and acknowledge that to date, Ron is the only choice that makes sense.

He will never gain the support of the GOP though. That's just the plain truth of it all. He will have to go independent. I don't believe that he will make it to office. He is against the establishment as it stands now. He represents every thing that they don't want. Some of what I and many Americans want or do not want. I won't be voting for him but I won't be voting against him either.

Even though I believe he won't win, he has stirred up an awareness that will never go away.

It is pointless to just vote for a political party. It's simply the most insane thing a voter can do in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
On Judge Napolitano wasnt the tea party leader taolking about Paul and how we need to get behind a candidate with the ideas of smaller govt etc. I taped it so ill go watch it. Maybe Tea party endorsement!! Thaqt I think would be huge seeing that wasnt it Paul and the grass root movement that started it before it was over taken by establishment MFRs. LOL. I remeber in 2008n i talked to a guy from the so called tea party gave him my email was supposed to hear about the meetings. I said to this guy we really need Ron Paul as Pres and he just stared at me. Didnt go into any details of absolutely we do. I assume he was not a RP fan at that point I realized the tea party was not for change but just to take over the movement.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hoping its a big dawg like a senator or even a candidate like Huntsman, that would be amazing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Best case scenario: Paul drops out of Republican race to run as an Independent and scraps 2-party system when elected for direct democracy. Now THAT would be an announcement.

How could that be the "best case scenario"? It would be the worst case.

By running as an Independent, it would do what has been done countless times before. Taking away from the Republican vote, thus insuring another 4 years with Obama as President.

Not good...at all.
edit on 15-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I don't think he'd run as an independent now. But if he did, he'd also take votes from Obama as their are a lot of unhappy democrats as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

first star you ever got from me - and i now think you are not a disinfo againt anymore but a troll with weird but honest opinions - i know you dont care- just saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
My prediction:

Sarah Palin will endorse Ron Paul tomorrow.

Why do you say that? That would actually be a good thing. She was the VP candidate last election, so she is as "mainstream" as one could possibly get, yet she is also a Tea Partier, and she connects with the voters pretty well. Personally, I didn't like her, and wouldn't have voted for her, and I did not vote for McCain Palin in 2008, but as an endorsement, she is a great person to be stumping for Paul!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i know it is far out there

but i put my money on kucinich joining..

this would definetly rock the "political establishment" and qualify as"major".....

man im excited...I really wonder what Dr. Paul himselfs finds to be "MAJOR"....

edit on 15-1-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

edit: on another note -maybe hes announcing the return of the(anti)christ?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by piett

PRESS RELEASE

It's confirmed, it's an endorsment. Guess whom ? Must be someone bigger than Tom D ...

It better be a bigger endorsement thant a state senator.

Or else the campaign looks silly for trying to hype it up.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
So help me, if he's dropping out, my head will explode!
Second line.

There is always the chance he will say he is running as an independent?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Bombastic announcement.

Tom Davis To Endorse Ron Paul

S.C. Sen. Tom Davis – the leading fiscal conservative in South Carolina state government and one of the most coveted endorsements of the 2012 “First in the South” presidential primary – will announce his support for U.S. Rep. Ron Paul on Sunday.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, it would give Ron Paul some needed support.

Sarah has been chattering about Ron Paul here and there, she hasn't made her endorsement yet, and I think she is feeling a little out of the spotlight. She would have to make a "mavericky" endorsement to keep up her "reputation". If she waits until Romney locks it up and then endorses him, she looks like she is becoming part of the establishment and loses some or her support as an "outsider".

I just personally think Palin will go for who she thinks is the underdog, the outsider, and the "maverick". I also thinks she has it in her mind that she can win this election for someone.

The one thing I kind of doubt though is that the Paul camp would be so excited about an endorsement from Palin. It would give them needed support...but would his hard core supporters like the fact that someone like Palin is endorsing him and he is accepting her with eargerness?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
i know it is far out there

but i put my money on kucinich joining..

this would definetly rock the "political establishment" and qualify as"major".....

man im excited...I really wonder what Dr. Paul himselfs finds to be "MAJOR"....

My thread: Paul/Kucinich to change politics forever.

I think announcing any potential running mate, or cabinet member would be a "major" announcement, and as long as it is one of the correct choices, it could really bolster his campaign, especially leading into Florida and Florida's 50 dedicated delegates!

I hope it is Kucinich!

edit on 15-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

yes I made my choice due to reading your thread the other day.

thanks for that.

as an european we bareley NEVER see those people like kucinich.....you have to know the name to get to know him..he`ll never be featured anywhere.........i`d put nigel farage in the same row as them as well....
- so thanks for introducing me to him...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So far, CNN has had the most fair Paul coverage. FOX has had some of the most damaging, except for Judge Napolitano of course.

An endorsement by Palin, would also mean an endorsement by Hank Williams, JR, who campaigned hard for Palin, and who is locked in a feud with FOX, and who is loved in the South and could probably mount his own campaign!

So, Palin, Hank Jr, this SC guy, and an announcement of Paul's potential running mates, and/or cabinet member, all happening in the runup to South Carolina, and Florida?
This could get very interesting.............. or it could be something boring.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

What about Nick Clegg? He sounded like the kind of guy the US could use, but I haven't heard any thing about him since I made that thread back in 2010? Did he ever amount to anything?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

or it could be something boring.

Yeah, that's the risk campaigns take when they start talking about "game changers".

I think if it is only the endorsement of the SC state senator...it's going to be a bit of a let down for most people...but to the campaign it may be a "game changer" as far as support/organization...just not the excitement that casual observers may have expected.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Bombastic announcement.

Tom Davis To Endorse Ron Paul

S.C. Sen. Tom Davis – the leading fiscal conservative in South Carolina state government and one of the most coveted endorsements of the 2012 “First in the South” presidential primary – will announce his support for U.S. Rep. Ron Paul on Sunday.

that would be a huge plus for Ron!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
kucinich as his partner!

would be awesome

thank you

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Confused.

Can someone clarify what the Major Announcement was? Or has it not been made yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join