It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul / Kucinich Ticket to change politics forever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OK, I know many have said this over the past several months and years, so I can't take credit for the idea.

Misoir had a thread back last April, LostNemesis was saying it back in 2008, with many people agreeing. Member Nutrients was saying it even in 2007!

Right now, we have Herman Cain ready to make an "unconventional" endorsement, and I'm convinced he will endorse A Godfather's Specialty Pizza instead of any real candidate. Maybe he will endorse Trump? Or Palin? Who knows, but if he wants to really, really be both unconventional and relavent at the same time, why not endorse a Paul/Kucinch ticket?

The Washington Post thinks its a good idea just a week ago!

As a progressive, a Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich presidential ticket would stoke my fires. It might also attract Republicans who long for the party’s non-interventionist, fiscally conservative roots.

This week, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) said U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s (R-Texas) “views on foreign policy are more in line with liberal anti-war Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) than with the Republican Party.”

It was meant as a diss. But Santorum just may have won Paul more converts. Why not put the two peace-loving, civil-liberty-favoring, avant garde congressmen together on a ballot?

Merging polar opposite sides of the political spectrum could be one of the most politically pure, bipartisan ideological unions yet. Through that union, political dualities would ideologically balance each other out, appealing to divergent ends of the political spectrum.

If elected, Paul has said he would consider Kucinich for his cabinet.

Seems Santorum thinks Kucinich and Paul make a good pair, and Paul has said he would consider Kucinich for his cabinet, so why not VP?

Kucinich has said, without question, if he had to choose a running mate from the GOP, it would be Ron Paul!

Kucinich has parroted many of Paul's ideals in his quotes over the years, and he has publicly criticized Obama routinely.

Everyone should have health insurance? I say everyone should have health care. I'm not selling insurance.
Dennis Kucinich

Iraq does not pose an imminent threat to the United States of any of its neighboring nations.
Dennis Kucinich

The tax code is not the only area where the administration is helping the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It has spent $155 billion for an unnecessary war driven by fear.
Dennis Kucinich

This is a struggle for the soul of the Democratic Party, which in too many cases has become so corporate and identified with corporate interests that you can't tell the difference between Democrats and Republicans.
Dennis Kucinich

It seems Kucinich is another one of those rare individuals that can empathize and connect with the ideals of both the Tea Party, and the Occupy folks. He embodies the concerns of the youth, and the concerns of the elderly. He is a pure Democrat, but from the old school where being a Democrat meant something, just like being a Republican used to mean something. Nowadays both parties are for big and more intrusive government.

When you look at the atrocities, and the concerns of the average American, things like The Horror of our actions overseas, and the erosions of our liberties like Censorship, SOPA, and NDAA, then a Paul/Kucinich ticket not only looks attractive, it looks entirely necessary and critical!

I know many of the Paul supporters on ATS are already aware of this logical connection, but I hope this thread opens the eyes of some more people, and maybe gets the attention of the campaigns to give a thorough look at this possibility!

The Republican Primaries, Caucuses, Straw Polls, and regular polls have proven the Republican voters are looking for an anti-Romney. They have endorsed many candidates to the top and the bottom again. There is an obvious disconnect with Romney. The Democratic voters are scratching their heads and wondering if Hillary will challenge Obama, or replace Biden, and wondering what happened to all of those campaign promises of Peace, and Transparency. They are looking for something different than the status quo. The Tea Party, is entirely anti-incumbent in every way. They are looking for anything that shakes up the system from its core to its ivory tower. The Occupy Wall Street folks are looking for something to take power away from the Big Corporations and Lobbyists and Military-Industrial Complex.

Everyone is looking for something unique, meaningful, and timely, with liberty at its core and integrity, success, and innovation to lead America back to the forefront of leadership and away from meaningless unwinnable war combined with overwhelming debt and despair.

It seems to me, and to many others, that America is looking for a Paul/Kucinich ticket to lead this country back in the right direction. I hope the big establishments are listening, and I hope the Paul and Kucinich camps are giving this legitimate consideration! The idea has floated around out there for at least 4 years, and I haven't seen anything negative said about it yet! The idea is a good one!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
epic win. the ultimate show of bipartisanship in a time where congress is holding itself hostage

sounds like a ringer to me

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As an outsider looking in i just find these 2 very appealing. Unfortunately, its not my call but if i had a vote i would love to have a say for what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
epic win. the ultimate show of bipartisanship in a time where congress is holding itself hostage

sounds like a ringer to me

Exactly!! It has that going for it right off the bat. Then, all the other stuff is just wonderful gravy!

I've been saying for a long time that the Extreme Right and Extreme Left have more in common than all the shades of the middle have. It seems the bickering in the middle, and the constant compromise has led our country down a path to mediocrity.

The two extremes both have the country's best interests at heart, and they have the integrity and tenacity to follow through and demand excellence. The fact that they also largely agree with one another, and would serve as a shining example of bipartisanship is just so stellar it is almost indescribable. I get all giddy just thinking of it, LOL!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd rather see Ron Paul/Jon Huntsman. I like some of what Kucinich says .. but Huntsman has it all. He's got executive and international experience. He works well with others (*others being those not of his party). He's got 'presence'. For me to vote for Ron Paul ... well ... his VPOTUS pick will have a big say in that. Ron Paul will be almost 80 and I don't think he could keep up with the rigors of office for a long time .. sorry.

As for Herman Cain .. the flavor of the week a weeks and weeks ago ... I dont think his endorsement will mean much and it won't sway anyone. That's what I'm thinking anyways ....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm not too excited about Cain's endorsement either. Unless of course he endorses Paul, then I'll be excited.

I also like Huntsman, and I think he'd be a great addition to a Paul ticket, but I don't think he would be interested in it. He should be, since Paul is up there in age, but I think I read somewhere that Huntsman wasn't interested in the undercard? Can't seem to find it now though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Interview with Huntsman.

Apparently Huntsman has been named a potential running mate for Romney, to which Huntsman replied that he "couldn't imagine it at all," but he did say he would serve under Michelle Bachmann. Maybe he would be interested in a Paul ticket?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Apparently, Ron Paul feels the same way:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul/Judge Napolitano would be the ultimate ticket. Kucinich is too far out there and would not be able to unite Republicans, Democrats and Independents the way that Paul has. People see Kucinich as crazy and this would only discredit the movement. Not to mention that Kucinich was a strong advocate of Obamacare.

Never the less, S&F for being a progressive and siding with Paul.
edit on 11-1-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ron Paul/Judge Napolitano would be the ultimate ticket.
reply to post by joyride0187

I agree with that. The problem, however, with Judge Napolitano, is that he would not bring many additional voters to the ticket. I admire the Judge, and in fact, have met him, but although having two Libertarians would produce a pure ticket, it would be doomed to defeat. Sometimes, compromises have to be made, in order to achieve the ultimate goal. Kucinich would definitely bring in some Democratic votes to the ticket, more so than the Judge.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree. The Judge is a great guy, and he is doing a lot for the campaign, but he doesn't bring in any additional voters. I think a Cabinet Position would be in his future with Paul. Instead of the Judge as VP and Kucinich in the cabinet, as most conventional thinking would have it, I propose the opposite to really shake up the campaign. Kucinich as VP and the Judge in the cabinet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Ron Paul/Judge Napolitano would be the ultimate ticket.

I agree with that. The problem, however, with Judge Napolitano, is that he would not bring many additional voters to the ticket. I admire the Judge, and in fact, have met him, but although having two Libertarians would produce a pure ticket, it would be doomed to defeat. Sometimes, compromises have to be made, in order to achieve the ultimate goal. Kucinich would definitely bring in some Democratic votes to the ticket, more so than the Judge.

That may be true however he would alienate his base. Keep in mind that he is running for the Rupublican nomination as the Anti-Romney. Not too many republicans would get behind someone who would choose a Democrat who was a major supporter of Obamacare as VP. He needs a VP that can unite Republicans, Democrats and Independents if he has any hope of defeating Obama.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Instead of the Judge as VP and Kucinich in the cabinet, as most conventional thinking would have it, I propose the opposite to really shake up the campaign. Kucinich as VP and the Judge in the cabinet.
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. The Judge would make a GREAT Attorney General. Of course, ANYONE would be better than Holder.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Kucinich did NOT support Obama's Healthcare reform.

Kucinich: Why I Voted NO

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Kucinich did NOT support Obama's Healthcare reform.

Kucinich: Why I Voted NO

He voted no at first but then Obama was able to get to him and he switched his vote to a yes. He was actually the first Democrat to switch sides. If it wasnt for this I could see myself getting behind him.

prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hmmmm, I guess you're right. After a private Air Force One flight with the Prez, and his own Constituents being vocal about its passage, he did state that he would switch his vote, even while still criticizing the bill.

I don't like it, but at least he said it was the will of his constituents, he is afterall, a "Representative." But, he did in fact vote [url=NO on November 7, 2009. Yet, he voted Yes in March of 2010.

In an interview five days ago, Mr. Kucinich said he could not support the legislation and dismissed suggestions that his vote would derail the Democratic health care agenda. But since then, the congressman has come under extraordinary pressure from groups across the Democratic spectrum, including Moveon.org, which encouraged him to support the bill.

He said he still did not think the legislation went far enough — he has long advocated a single-payer system — but said his objections should not stand in the way of the bill.

“In the past week it’s become clear that the vote on the final health bill will be very close,” Mr. Kucinich said. “I take this vote with the utmost seriousness. I’m quite aware of the historic fight, which has lasted the last century.”

He added: “The president’s visit to my district on Monday underscores the urgency of this vote.”

In a private conversation aboard Air Force One, en route to Ohio on Monday, President Obama pressed Mr. Kucinich for his support for the bill. The White House did not know what the congressman had decided until earlier today, when his aides advised administration officials and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of his plans.

While supporting the Senate bill, Mr. Kucinich said he did not like the procedure that might be used to pass it without an up-or-down vote in the House.

“I don’t like much of anything about this process,’’ Mr. Kucinich said.

Explaining factors he had considered in making his decision, Mr. Kucinich said, “We have to be very careful that the potential of President Obama’s presidency not be destroyed by this debate.’’

Mr. Kucinich said he would vote for the Senate bill even though he believed it was seriously flawed.

“Something is better than nothing — that’s what I keep hearing from my constituents,’’ Mr. Kucinich said.

The congressman said he would keep working for a government-financed single-payer health care system.

“I don’t like this bill,’’ Mr. Kucinich said. “But I made a decision to support it in the hope that we can move toward a more comprehensive approach.’’

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Hmmmm, I guess you're right. After a private Air Force One flight with the Prez, and his own Constituents being vocal about its passage, he did state that he would switch his vote, even while still criticizing the bill.

I don't like it, but at least he said it was the will of his constituents, he is afterall, a "Representative." But, he did in fact vote [url=NO on November 7, 2009. Yet, he voted Yes in March of 2010.

Now that I think about it, If he decides to pick Kucinich as VP then I will tow the line and he will still have my vote. If Romney gets the Republican nod then I'm afraid that it wont matter who wins the election. Romney is a clone of Obama running under the Republican ticket. I could care less if RP nominated Mickey Mouse as VP. We are at a point where it literally is Ron Paul or bust.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It really is Ron Paul or Bust, and even with Ron Paul it might be a bust. He will have to have a lot of luck, and a lot of support in the Congress. It might already be too late to save the ship, but for our good consciences, we have to try.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Talking with folks offline, and thinking Paul/Kucinich, then Huntsman as Sec. Of State, and Judge Nap as Atty Gen! Sounds good to me!

Also, was the last multi-party ticket all the way back at Jefferson or Adams? Is there any modern occurrence of a combined ticket like this? Would it be proof positive of our country coming full circle and back to its roots?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I fully support a Paul/Kucinich ticket. Their foreign policy is near identical. And between both of them they could work on a way to decrease the deficit at home, get people off welfare, return sound money, etc. Kucinich may lean left on social and domestic issues, however, until there is a sound currency and a non crony capitalistic marketplace there will always be a large portion of citizens that depend on others for support. Paul is also against such crony capitalism which makes these two candidates closer ideologically then many would believe.

For those claiming Kucinich would only discredit Paul, respectfully, I think those people need to think about that real hard. Paul's ideas are not right nor left. I also agree two libertarians running on the same ticket would destroy Ron Paul's chances against Obama. We need a ticket that can unite many of the disenfranchised voters and Paul/Kucinich ticket would do that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join