It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are all UFO's infinitely connected with Aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Dude,,, the '76 tehran eyewitness account is ,,,an eyewitness account!. You either want to believe them(you) or one doesn't allow your emotions take over logical thinking. And if it did happen why would you choose the alien option? Because it seemed to move quicker than a military jet or electronic failures?

Obviously you know nothing about this case. Multiple witnesses (professional and civilian) from multiple locations and viewpoints - the professional being a general, aircrews and tower operators, visual sightings were confirmed by radar, EME effects on two different jets that tried to approach it, physiological effects on crew members, and maneuverability exhibited by the UFO that was unheard of then, and even now.

So no, just an eyewitness account. It's pretty clear you are one of those folks that won't believe until we have a model 2862ZRP ultra-sleek, interplanetary alien spaceship land, and be inspected by yourself personally. There is really no debating someone of your mindset.

WTF?

How do you know what is the top of military technology(in any era)? You really think you're so special,,, jesus dude, you are so naïve.

The triangles were man made. You want the triangles to be alien-tour-buses chillin over Arizona. And you say I don't use logic? Lol

You are losing credibility quickly as being a source of any intelligent counter-argument against UFOs. Just saying.

And I'd love to see your proof that the large object seen flying north and later south of Phoenix, was man-made. I must have missed those studies. If you could point them out to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We know nothing about the true capabilities of our military. So stop thinking what you here and read is the pinnacle of our military.

That's a ridiculous statement. Many people have a very firm understanding of the limitations of current military hardware. There are black projects, yes, but nothing has seen the light of day (use in commercial or military sectors), that has been reported in some UFO sightings. You don't spend 50 billion on a black project, and then just stick it on a shelf. You use it. That's the point of developing this technology.

From all your lol's, condescending tone, and general lack of knowledge of important UFO cases, it seems pretty clear we just have another person here who has next to no real knowledge of UFOs, but thinks it's fun to visit these sorts of sights, and spout their infinite wisdom on the subject. You have proven nothing, except how ignorant you are.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by dilly1
Whatever,,jargon guy

I'm just saying - you do not believe what happened only because you didn't see it. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear does it make a sound?

I don't have to see anything. If some beings figure out how to travel thru "hostile space" and we know it , we are DONE. Do you understand that?

You people have no clue of what your hoping with all this UFO jargon. If all your alien wishes came true we wouldn't exist. That's reality

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Here is a detail of the Barney Hill sighting. The UFO days were very innocent at this time, and to Barney he absolutely refused to believe in aliens, he thought the strange craft was a jet and when he realized that it didn't make any sound, he kept begging to himself, 'please make sound!' He was getting anrgy because Betty was saying it was a UFO but he had to logically dismiss it. The 3rd time he stopped the car with the binoculars it was only a 100 feet away, he could clearly see what he thought were 'men' because he refused to let himself conceptualize ETs. Then, a close up on the 'man's' eye detailed "his eyes are slanted, but not like an asian. Strange!!'

edit on 15-1-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

First , the Barney account is an eyewitness account. I wipe my arse with all eyewitness accounts. Remember I don't have faith , especially with people stating very extraordinary things.

2nd,The craft in the rendering looks to me completely man made.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I don't have to see anything. If some beings figure out how to travel thru "hostile space" and we know it , we are DONE. Do you understand that?

You people have no clue of what your hoping with all this UFO jargon. If all your alien wishes came true we wouldn't exist. That's reality

I didn't ask that aliens were going to come down and study our planet. I didn't ask that they come shake hands, or blow us up. I do not go into how they came here because if we knew that then we would have been there first.

It is just reality, that the way aliens interacted with us is more like a doctor lying someone down and examining them. It just so happened that aliens found many interesting ways to study our species without killing us, but keeping us alive with implanted objects inside of us. Sorry but it's real, that is what happened, and it's not happening now because they learned what they wanted to, or that could be for many reasons and they could still be controlling things from a distance.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

First , the Barney account is an eyewitness account. I wipe my arse with all eyewitness accounts. Remember I don't have faith , especially with people stating very extraordinary things.

Faith or not I am talking about intelligence. Not intelligence like an educated guess, but looking at the case from a psychological perspective. This man clearly did not believe in what he was seeing. It is from the psychology of his remarks that we are able to put conclusions together. We are only able to conclude the accuracy of an alien event after all of the puzzle is put together, a puzzle is not a puzzle if all the pieces do not fit, which would not be a true event.

You are probably not familiar with the nature of this event.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Dude,,, the '76 tehran eyewitness account is ,,,an eyewitness account!. You either want to believe them(you) or one doesn't allow your emotions take over logical thinking. And if it did happen why would you choose the alien option? Because it seemed to move quicker than a military jet or electronic failures?

Obviously you know nothing about this case. Multiple witnesses (professional and civilian) from multiple locations and viewpoints - the professional being a general, aircrews and tower operators, visual sightings were confirmed by radar, EME effects on two different jets that tried to approach it, physiological effects on crew members, and maneuverability exhibited by the UFO that was unheard of then, and even now.

So no, just an eyewitness account. It's pretty clear you are one of those folks that won't believe until we have a model 2862ZRP ultra-sleek, interplanetary alien spaceship land, and be inspected by yourself personally. There is really no debating someone of your mindset.

WTF?

How do you know what is the top of military technology(in any era)? You really think you're so special,,, jesus dude, you are so naïve.

The triangles were man made. You want the triangles to be alien-tour-buses chillin over Arizona. And you say I don't use logic? Lol

You are losing credibility quickly as being a source of any intelligent counter-argument against UFOs. Just saying.

And I'd love to see your proof that the large object seen flying north and later south of Phoenix, was man-made. I must have missed those studies. If you could point them out to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We know nothing about the true capabilities of our military. So stop thinking what you here and read is the pinnacle of our military.

That's a ridiculous statement. Many people have a very firm understanding of the limitations of current military hardware. There are black projects, yes, but nothing has seen the light of day (use in commercial or military sectors), that has been reported in some UFO sightings. You don't spend 50 billion on a black project, and then just stick it on a shelf. You use it. That's the point of developing this technology.

From all your lol's, condescending tone, and general lack of knowledge of important UFO cases, it seems pretty clear we just have another person here who has next to no real knowledge of UFOs, but thinks it's fun to visit these sorts of sights, and spout their infinite wisdom on the subject. You have proven nothing, except how ignorant you are.
Do I really have to know about any case. Are you serious? So what if its one or 50 eyewitness account? All of that can be fabricated or the ignorance of not knowing or not believing human technology is more advance than one thought. But no , it has to be aliens....lol!

Model 2862ZRP??? Boy you must really love going to the movies. Lol! But you are right , I won't believe anyone until our lives have been affected by the obvious. Obvious meaning if they do come were are F*****.
You are massively naïve about your wishing of alien visitation.

I am losing credibility? I don't need anyone's credibility. I use plain logic. You clearly ignore the difficulties of Beings attempting to travel in hostile space. I can spell it out for you a billion times and you will still believe in aliens cruzin around earth.... You're delusional.

My proof that all UFO's,not just in phoenix, are man made is my knowledge in how difficult it is to travel in hostile space. If that's not enough for you then you are incurable.

Not even the president knows the capabilities of all known advancements in technologies. Boy you are really are naïve. How do you know what has seen the light of day? How do you know the shelf life of any project? You don't. No one does. I take it you know the shelf life of alien projects,, right? Lol!

Important UFO's cases? Cases? Don't tell me you are a UFOlogist? I have every right to post millions of "lol's".

And UFO knowledge came from where ? Oh that's right: TV,Movies and comic books.

One more time: LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Faith or not I am talking about intelligence. Not intelligence like an educated guess, but looking at the case from a psychological perspective. This man clearly did not believe in what he was seeing. It is from the psychology of his remarks that we are able to put conclusions together. We are only able to conclude the accuracy of an alien event after all of the puzzle is put together, a puzzle is not a puzzle if all the pieces do not fit, which would not be a true event.

You are probably not familiar with the nature of this event.

Blind Faith isn't being intelligent. At all...

Psychological Perspective IS guessing. For every psychiatrist supporting Barney ,I can bring two psychiatrist. What the hell do you think happens in "court" cases. Its a pissing contest with the verdict being mostly subjective instead of being objective.

Its not some puzzle. If you do that you'll waste your precious life figuring something based on faith. The only way real proof can be obtained is if some UFO-object stay still hovering(no more than 1000ft) over one specific area for some time. Enough time for a diverse group of people to see the UFO ,at the same time.

I do agree with the nature of the event. And I don't buy it. Again, because I know how difficult it is to attempt let alone travel in hostile space.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Its not some puzzle. If you do that you'll waste your precious life figuring something based on faith. The only way real proof can be obtained...

This is earth, you do not need proof to understand something. You'll waste your precious life trying to figure out things and not gain understanding from your soul and heart.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Its not some puzzle. If you do that you'll waste your precious life figuring something based on faith. The only way real proof can be obtained...

This is earth, you do not need proof to understand something. You'll waste your precious life trying to figure out things and not gain understanding from your soul and heart.
No disrespect but you need to wake. Realistically ,what is a soul,,really? and since when does your heart give you understanding. Isn't it a muscle?

All of the understanding comes from your MIND. Nothing else.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

No disrespect but you need to wake. Realistically ,what is a soul,,really? and since when does your heart give you understanding. Isn't it a muscle?

Why is it so hard to find love in the world then? It is because they must be thinking about stuff too much and not feeling.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Do I really have to know about any case. Are you serious? So what if its one or 50 eyewitness account? All of that can be fabricated or the ignorance of not knowing or not believing human technology is more advance than one thought. But no , it has to be aliens....lol!

If you want to argue intelligently, yes, you should know the reported cases. It's certainly easy to say "Lol it's all fabrication or secret government stuff!" An easy out. No worries about trying to debate. It probably wouldn't matter to you if it was witnessed by 5000 people, caught on radar, film, and did figure 8's in the sky at 1200 mph. You would insist everyone was lying, or it was super tech we don't know about. i.e. it's not worth my time arguing with you. Your mind is set, and you have no desire to do as you supposedly state you do: to think logically.

For the reported cases in Phoenix (and a few other cases with extremely large craft), I suppose you have logically studied what sort of forces would be required to keep such a craft in the air? I have. And no government has this capability. Of course, you'll say "you don't know that lol! We totally could!" So again, impossible to argue with someone of your mindset. There is no counter-argument, because you have a safe excuse to fall back on, facts and logic be damned. Even if you supposedly are using it. Which you aren't.

Finally, I don't have a strong desire, need or fantasy in regards to the existence of aliens. I actually feel most sightings are mundane. I don't believe in crop circles, and personally feel 99% of abductions are bunk. I don't believe in channeling aliens. I feel the small white dots flying around on our NASA cams are indeed, ice particles (except in two cases). But I actually CAN use a logical mind to do research, and come up with my own conclusion. It has nothing to do with desiring or needing aliens to be real. I can't even say that these unknown craft are aliens at all. But they aren't from around here, whatever they are. While I and many UFO believers can actually dismiss the unprovable, and use reason and common sense to come up with conclusions, you are the same ilk as a debunker. Someone who will never believe. It's impossible, and you'll scoff and laugh at people, and make up ridiculous theories about those cases you can't explain. Like the Tehran case being Jupiter. Funny stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What I care about , and so should every member on ATS, is understanding what a "hostile" place "space" can be....

This is a point that NOBODY in the lay community seems to grasp. Space is such a toxic environment for Human beings, it's very highly unlikely that we'll escape the confines of this solar system inside tens of thousands of years.

I mean, I've encountered otherwise intelligent people here on ATS and elsewhere who do not comprehend the true consequences of extended space travel on the Human organism. They think that those who brave long-term space travel — as in the Mir Space Station or the International Space Station — remain healthy and returned to Earth without any problems.

This is so far from the truth, it's ridiculous. Those people who endure several months in microgravity, exposed to cosmic rays and solar radiation, they come back to the Earth's surface unable to walk, their bodies are so debilitated that they require months and even years of physical rehabilitation, and some of their space-induced trauma is permanent.

Now, that's just in low Earth orbit. What do you think is going to happen to the folks who try to travel 9 months to Mars? Who's gonna be waiting to carry them out on stretchers? Nobody.

We are not even close to being prepared to master such a place. But We think WE will someday( hoping ) and we think aliens have already figured it out; All because of what we absorb(daily) on TV. Which explains, these poor humans seeing objects in our skies and then calling them UFO's.

Exactly. Our "edutainment" media is ABSURD in its naivete. We're inundated with Star Trek and Star Wars — which are just Space Vaudeville, okay — but what's worse are the "scientific" documentaries that present pure theory as FACT and have conditioned us to think that space is cluttered with asteroid fields and clouds of manmade space debris.

Which is pure nonsense. Anyone who has Faith in modern Astronomy and Cosmology may as well have Faith in Astrology and Sun Gods.... Because it's all equally unfounded.

I mean, if you would tell your children that Santa Claus is a lie, but then allow them to study and BELIEVE in Big Bangs and Black Holes and Quasars and Magnetars, et cetera, then you're not a very consistent parent. It's ALL fantasy, okay? Astronomy is NOTHING but theory, and not even applicable theory.

edit on 15-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Why do theories of space travel and survivability even come up while discussing aliens? We are a relative new solar system and planet. There are many that are much, much older. But consider how primitive we were just 1000 years ago. Now we are traveling in space, figuring out quantum physics, etc. This is not even a blink of an eye in universal time. It's the briefest of moments. A tiny speck of time. We went in that time, from thinking the moon was a God, to pondering if was made of cheese, to landing on it, to pondering FTL travel. And you don't think a civilization could figure out galactic space travel in 10,000 years?

That along with "why do UFOs need lights?" top my list of inane and stupid things to ponder when considering possible alien visitation.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Why do theories of space travel and survivability even come up while discussing aliens? We are a relative new solar system and planet. There are many that are much, much older. But consider how primitive we were just 1000 years ago. Now we are traveling in space, figuring out quantum physics, etc. This is not even a blink of an eye in universal time. It's the briefest of moments. A tiny speck of time. We went in that time, from thinking the moon was a God, to pondering if was made of cheese, to landing on it, to pondering FTL travel. And you don't think a civilization could figure out galactic space travel in 10,000 years?

It's not a matter of "figuring it out"... There's a point at which you come up against the WALL. The Wall is the truly incomprehensible distances we're talking about here. The Wall is the toxicity of Space on the Human organism. The Wall is REALITY.

No, we're not as clever as Hollywood would have you think. We're not going to be making hyper-jumps and darting about in the stars for another 10,000 years. Rose-colored glasses are nice, they make everything seem possible and within our grasp.

But the Truth is that we don't have the power source or natural resources to haul-ass around the interstellar neighborhood. What are we gonna do, cannibalize Earth, strip mine it down to the mantel?

No. We have to colonize the Moon first. That's the most important thing we'll ever do as a species. The Moon is our Life Boat, literally. When we have mastered the Moon, only then will we be a Class 1 Civilization.

edit on 16-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

post by ZeskoWhirligan
The Wall is the toxicity of Space on the Human organism. The Wall is REALITY.

The " Wall" is only a reality for us because we send people into Space in glorified tin cans , NASA's last manned mission to the moon was in 1972 , hardly an age of high tech , we indeed did run before we could walk .

post by ZeskoWhirligan
We're not going to be making hyper-jumps and darting about in the stars for another 10,000 years.

Link please , or did you pluck that number from thin air .
With the explosion of knowledge and tech over the last fifty years I would say 500 to a 1000 years tops , if we survive that long , and yes I did pluck that number from thin air

post by ZeskoWhirligan
But the Truth is that we don't have the power source

Not yet but you can bet there are deep black projects working on it .

post by ZeskoWhirligan
What are we gonna do, cannibalize Earth, strip mine it down to the mantel?

No , we will capture Asteroids , place them in orbit and mine those , there are unlimited resources out there .
We also have a Moon that is stuffed with Helium 3 , a future non toxic fuel .

Space for us is hard , in a similar way as traveling the Oceans was hard or impossible for stone age man , a few hundred years later the Romans were doing it , a few hundred years on from them the British and Spanish were doing it with ease , a few hundred years on and we can sail the oceans in style and comfort .

edit on 16-1-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Why is it so hard to find love in the world then? It is because they must be thinking about stuff too much and not feeling.

Finding love? For every case you bring of not finding love , I'll have two cases of finding love. My point is , your perception of love is your perception. It not universal. Any ways misery tends to spread quicker than joy. Welcome to earth.

Its all in your mind: feelings, emotion,anger,joy,love,curiosity,hope,faith, ideas, theories.....but if you don't have logic "policing" all the above , you will become delusional. And the "powers it be" are betting the masses do just that.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

If you want to argue intelligently, yes, you should know the reported cases. It's certainly easy to say "Lol it's all fabrication or secret government stuff!" An easy out. No worries about trying to debate. It probably wouldn't matter to you if it was witnessed by 5000 people, caught on radar, film, and did figure 8's in the sky at 1200 mph. You would insist everyone was lying, or it was super tech we don't know about. i.e. it's not worth my time arguing with you. Your mind is set, and you have no desire to do as you supposedly state you do: to think logically.

For the reported cases in Phoenix (and a few other cases with extremely large craft), I suppose you have logically studied what sort of forces would be required to keep such a craft in the air? I have. And no government has this capability. Of course, you'll say "you don't know that lol! We totally could!" So again, impossible to argue with someone of your mindset. There is no counter-argument, because you have a safe excuse to fall back on, facts and logic be damned. Even if you supposedly are using it. Which you aren't.

Finally, I don't have a strong desire, need or fantasy in regards to the existence of aliens. I actually feel most sightings are mundane. I don't believe in crop circles, and personally feel 99% of abductions are bunk. I don't believe in channeling aliens. I feel the small white dots flying around on our NASA cams are indeed, ice particles (except in two cases). But I actually CAN use a logical mind to do research, and come up with my own conclusion. It has nothing to do with desiring or needing aliens to be real. I can't even say that these unknown craft are aliens at all. But they aren't from around here, whatever they are. While I and many UFO believers can actually dismiss the unprovable, and use reason and common sense to come up with conclusions, you are the same ilk as a debunker. Someone who will never believe. It's impossible, and you'll scoff and laugh at people, and make up ridiculous theories about those cases you can't explain. Like the Tehran case being Jupiter. Funny stuff.
That's an easy out?????? Are you kidding me!!

And the craft being alien isn't an easy way out?? Who's unintelligent again? Lol!!!!

Your 5000 person case sounds man-made to me. Why I would think its alien is crazy.

The alien aspect isn't thinking "logically" . You have hijacked the word logic and super-imposed it into your perception of what a UFO must come from. If you knew how hard it is to travel in space you would never , ever brand another ufo as alien again.

And please stop saying, "but what if aliens were 1000's of years ahead of us,,,bla bla bla?" All of you people continue to use your imagination as the forefront instead of logic. It makes no sense .

Listen,, if you want to believe a large or small or bright or cloaked craft is doing unimaginable maneuvers "IN EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE" and brand it alien and not man-made ,,,, well then,,, go right ahead. Your mind-set is made up. Based on what logical FACTS, I don't know? I have no freakin idea. But I assume you must have those facts hidden, you don't want some secret agency to find out people now know the truth about these alien crafts.....lol!! Sorry I had to....

Your last paragraph proves you are so confused. You literally have a "tug of war" per'se inside of you.

So let me get this strait:
You don't have a strong desire for alien option, you feel most ufo's are mundane, (who cares about crap circles), you can do logical research, you not even sure if these crafts alien (but you said you did in the first paragraph,, oh that's right its the 1%,,,,,)

AND you call yourself UFO believer???
And what's with the 1% thing.

Why do all UFOers always try to reason with logical people by saying: "no its only 3% that are alien" or in your case your tiny logic has brought it down to 1%.

So at this rate ,by next year it would .05%?

FYI, I am debunker. I debunk the imaginative-hopeful-faithful fool. Fool not in a mean way but in a person who has been tricked by society. And it can be anything(any aspect) really. I mean no offense to you, truly, I am just trying to re-plant the seed of logic/reason in your mind. You won't notice it now ,but with time it grow within and you will see mostly everything around you is a dam fabrication.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

What I care about , and so should every member on ATS, is understanding what a "hostile" place "space" can be....

This is a point that NOBODY in the lay community seems to grasp. Space is such a toxic environment for Human beings, it's very highly unlikely that we'll escape the confines of this solar system inside tens of thousands of years.

I mean, I've encountered otherwise intelligent people here on ATS and elsewhere who do not comprehend the true consequences of extended space travel on the Human organism. They think that those who brave long-term space travel — as in the Mir Space Station or the International Space Station — remain healthy and returned to Earth without any problems.

This is so far from the truth, it's ridiculous. Those people who endure several months in microgravity, exposed to cosmic rays and solar radiation, they come back to the Earth's surface unable to walk, their bodies are so debilitated that they require months and even years of physical rehabilitation, and some of their space-induced trauma is permanent.

Now, that's just in low Earth orbit. What do you think is going to happen to the folks who try to travel 9 months to Mars? Who's gonna be waiting to carry them out on stretchers? Nobody.

We are not even close to being prepared to master such a place. But We think WE will someday( hoping ) and we think aliens have already figured it out; All because of what we absorb(daily) on TV. Which explains, these poor humans seeing objects in our skies and then calling them UFO's.

Exactly. Our "edutainment" media is ABSURD in its naivete. We're inundated with Star Trek and Star Wars — which are just Space Vaudeville, okay — but what's worse are the "scientific" documentaries that present pure theory as FACT and have conditioned us to think that space is cluttered with asteroid fields and clouds of manmade space debris.

Which is pure nonsense. Anyone who has Faith in modern Astronomy and Cosmology may as well have Faith in Astrology and Sun Gods.... Because it's all equally unfounded.

I mean, if you would tell your children that Santa Claus is a lie, but then allow them to study and BELIEVE in Big Bangs and Black Holes and Quasars and Magnetars, et cetera, then you're not a very consistent parent. It's ALL fantasy, okay? Astronomy is NOTHING but theory, and not even applicable theory.

edit on 15-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's not a matter of "figuring it out"... There's a point at which you come up against the WALL. The Wall is the truly incomprehensible distances we're talking about here. The Wall is the toxicity of Space on the Human organism. The Wall is REALITY.

No, we're not as clever as Hollywood would have you think. We're not going to be making hyper-jumps and darting about in the stars for another 10,000 years. Rose-colored glasses are nice, they make everything seem possible and within our grasp.

How in the world could you possibly come to that conclusion?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Scientists in our technological infancy, are talking about possible FTL travel methods. Quantum physics, which we are barely scratching the surface of, is showing that an electron moving in one location can cause another to react.. even billions of miles away. We know next to nothing, and it's an incredibly ignortant statement to say we'll not have the means to do so in 10k years. We are advancing at an incredible rate. And 10k years is the lowest end. There are suns that could harbor life that are millions of years more advanced than us.

I have a feeling we'll tackle that problem in a lot less than 10k years though. The amount we've advanced even in 100 years is astounding.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet people wouldn't care(give a hoot) as much if we all accepted(or assumed) that those UFO's are man-made. Which ,I know, is extremely boring and unimaginative, I get it...

i don't think the man-made hypothesis is boring, totally the reverse. I find it so engaging pondering what the as-yet secret advances in aerospace technology might be. In fact it's got me interested in planes in general. I bet such advances are pretty mind blowing too, considering cases like the Belgium ufo wave back in 1990 ish; TR3B, electrogravitics and all of that.

I lean towards this 'safer' explanation nowadays, I used to subscribe to E.T visitation, but no longer find the evidence to be satisfying; never getting 'solid' evidence, only another avalanch of questions burying my headspace.
But,I think one can still enjoy whatever developments in the field -minor or earthshaking- that may occur just as much as the less skeptical, less terrestrial bound kin folk!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join